BeneFit Cosmetics Stay Don't Stray

2.9

WATER (AQUA), ISODODECANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), BUTYLENE GLYCOL, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, SILICA, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, TALC, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, MICA, TRIBEHENIN, PEG-30 DIPOLYHYDROXYSTEARATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), SORBITAN OLEATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), METHICONE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE. N° 04940/N

on 10/30/2011 11:17:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Best lid primer I have EVER used, and I feel like i've used practically all of them. Everytime I opt for SDS, which I use as a 360 primer (so under my eyes too) i get told I look fresh and wide-eyed. Shadow does not crease, and it has a great consistency that is not oily. I also use this on red pimples as a primer and i love how it neutralizes them. I will continue to buy this.. I just wish this was a squeeze tube, it is hard to judge how much is left. But I love it either way. If you love UDPP eden, switch to this. :)

on 10/28/2011 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Best Primer Ever. Doesn't crease or go greasy. Tried the Mac Eye Primer and regretted it. I will never stray from Benefit Primer.

This product is so-so. I got the sample size in the One Prime Day kit, and I'm happy I tested it first because I wouldn't buy the full size product. I was actually disappointed when I tried this because I've heard such great things about it. I guess I'll go over the cons first; there's really only one big one - It doesn't make my shadow last all day! I noticed creasing pretty quickly, which really made me sad, not gonna lie. After about 8 hours, the creasing was very very bad, as if I had used no primer.

Now for the pros: I love the consistency. It evens out my skin so that any veins or discoloration are completely gone. Also, it makes the eye shadow color really pop and look vibrant.

Overall, I'm not excited about this. I guess I was expecting too much. I will not repurchase. I find that my MAC Paint Pots work much better as a base than this.

on 10/20/2011 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I actually really liked this product! I used it mostly as a concealer, because it's thick enough that I don't have to layer anything else on top of it. It did not settle into fine lines at all! It was a little bit drying on my lids, but for people with oily eyelids it might be better. If you have lots of blemishes or dark circles I can't see this being very helpful, but if you're like me and need a light little "pick-me-up" under the eyes and hate the look of cakey concealer, it's worth a try!

Packaging is meh, but those of you who pumped out way too much just need to learn the trick to it - the MUA at Benefit told me not to push the cap down all the way, just kind of apply minimal pressure and let the stuff sort of ooze out. It's dumb and they need to fix it, but this kept me from getting way too much product out of the container.

on 10/20/2011 12:32:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I actually liked this, quite a lot. The only primer I had ever used before was UDPP and I really didn't think anything would compare. I got this in a sample, after I had run out of my UDPP. I figured, some eye primer was better than no eye primer and didn't have the cash right away to replace the UDPP, so I used it. I like the consistency. It's less "tacky" feeling, and doesn't at all cake. It's a nude color- keeps eyeshadow in place and makes the color pop. I do not use it for a concealer primer. I can't comment on the packaging as I have a sample and the full size appears to have a pump (the sample is a tube with wand), and I saw that the full size price was a little more expensive than a full size UDPP. I think I will probably keep using UDPP when this runs out, but if ever I can't get my hands on it, I will know which primer to get as a back up. And if you are not a fan of UDPP, I would definitely say "Try this one". It's really great.

on 10/10/2011 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Im hooked! I bought this product out of desperation after I went through countless eye primers that dried out and irritated my eyes. I immediately fell in love. Works well and makes my eyeshadow look fresh all day long. It is a little pricey but lasts a long time if you use it wisely. A little bit goes a long way!

on 9/19/2011 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the best primer ever!!! I only use it for my eyelids but it is amazing. I used to go through tubes of UDPP but I've only had a SAMPLE of Benefit Stay Don't Stray since Christmas and it hasn't run out! It doesn't get dry and cakey like UDPP can be and it has the same lasting power for me. You only need the tiniest amount which is why I haven't had to purchase the full size yet so I can't really comment on the actual packaging. My eyelids are not oily at all so I'm not sure how it would work on oily eyelids but my mom is pretty oily and she loves this stuff too! I definitely recommend going to your Benefit counter and seeing if they have any samples of this! You won't regret it :)

on 9/19/2011 9:47:00 AM

I found the packaging on this really hard to use - a lot of product would usually come out, which I would then have to wipe off my hand with a tissue and throw away. once on, the product seemed to work well on my eyelids, but was too drying under the eyes and made concealer more noticeable. as I got about 2-3 weeks into the tube, it started to come out separated as well, and it did NOT want to re-blend! I have actually ended up throwing the product away without finishing it which is very disappointing.

on 9/12/2011 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

BeneFit was overreaching when they marketed Stay Don't Stray as a 2-in-1 product, which is too bad because it's a fantastic primer. As a concealer, however, it is a disaster. It's too liquid to stay put or build up to average coverage, and the color is far too light, even for my NC15 skin. I suspect that the packaging is also dragging SDS's rating down. And yes, it is every bit as bad as its reputation would suggest. Dispensing a reasonable amount of product is a Herculean task, so every time you use this, you have to throw away much of what you've dispensed, not good considering the comically high price tag.

In spite of these sins, I would purchase this product again because it is far and away my favorite eyeshadow primer of all those I've tried (NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, MAC paint pots, UDPP, and Too Faced Shadow Insurance). What's unique about SDS is that it provides a good base for eyeshadow and still allows me to blend powder shadows on my lid. The other primers were too "grabby." SDS's color also happens to be a perfect match for me, so it conceals any discolorations on my lid and brow, creating a perfect canvas for eye makeup. Those with medium or dark skin will probably find the color too light.

I apply a thin layer of SDS to my lids and brow with my ring finger, alternating dabbing and blending. Then I let it sit while I apply foundation and concealer. The sitting is key because this product will crease when it is drying. When it does dry and crease, I just smooth it out, and then I can rely on a crease-free foundation for the rest of the day!

on 9/5/2011 2:38:00 PM

I found this to be a decent primer. I like how opaque it made my eyelids after applying, it really leaves a bit more of an ivory color to the lid than other primers I have tried. I think performance wise this was good, but not great. My eyeshadow lasts for probably 6 or 7 hours before creasing. I'll stick with UDPP because it keeps creasing away for much longer.

Video Reviews & Tutorials