April 23, 2014 | 1457 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by cwillis43

I tried Proactiv a year ago, thinking it'd fix a few stubborn bumps. Instead, I was left with huge, disgusting and painful, swelling, DRY and FLAKY, red patches down my face. Almost like a road rash! I immediately stopped use and searched for something to calm my face..I had to have tried at least 5 different moisturizers (all of which burned when I applied to the post-Proactiv war scars -_-) before I found this while researching for something to help. I picked it up at Walgreens, about $13 for 16 oz. And after two uses, my face was soothed! It was some kind of miracle! After two days, my face, which had been a disaster for two weeks, was back to normal! Scratch that- better. It was hydrated, plump, soft, fresh, glowy. This moisturizer was (is) a truly amazing product..I will never use anything ever again for my face. It's the only moisturizer I CAN use without my skin getting extremely tight and irritated. Before this cream, there were constantly flakes on my nose, cheeks, chin, and my skin was awfully tight..Now it's just smooth. I love putting a glob on and letting it all soak in before applying my powder foundation. If you are in search for a moisturizer that will hydrate and leave your face calm and smooth (which is what we all want a moisturizer for, right? duh!) then I highly recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by yelloats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i give this a 4 but i prolly want to give it a 3.5
this stuff makes my face oil like no other. my face looks disgusting after i apply this, even on like a "just washed" face. i tried using it on my arms and legs and it took too long to absorb leaving me feeling sticky and greasy. this however, works on my dry nose! lol i bought the HUGE tub from costco and its never going to end b/c i only stick my finger in there for a small bit for my nose everyday. anyone w/ dry pealing nose shud try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by spaceykatie

I have been using this product for years. It is the only facial moisturizer I will use. It is incredibly effective and does not irritate my sensitive skin or my acne. I will never use another moisturizer as long as I live. Truly a holy grail product. If you have sensitive skin in need of intense moisture please don't hesitate to buy this product. It's mirth it and more.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by staceygrigas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I can't say enough good things about this product. I have very dry skin and even in the summer sometimes I will have dry patches. The first time I used this as a facial moisturizer I saw a reduction in dry areas, and my skin improves every day.

It kind of feels like you're rubbing shortening all over your face- but it's a price I'm willing to pay to hydrate my skin properly, finally, after years of searching for something adequate.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 7:19:00 AM More reviews by KathleenM415

I used to LOVE Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream. I loved how it moisturizes my sensitive skin without the use of fragrances. You can use it on any part of the body, including the face. This product was my go-to moisturizer until I stopped using petroleum-based beauty products. Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream moisturizes incredibly well, but can feel a bit heavy at times, so use sparingly when applying to the face.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 12:14:00 AM More reviews by L7997

this truly is a moisturizing product and it leaves a dewy sheen that makes your seem healthier if your skin is a bit dull. i also love applying it; the only thing i look forward to in my routine really. another plus is the lack of fragrance!

unfortunately this may be too heavy for me. i've been getting comedones on and off for years and i haven't gotten it entirely under control, but this may be one of the culprits to the fluxuating comedones. i was prone to them in highschool, but since tazorac it's been taken cared of, mostly. the comedones that show up seem to be due to a factor outside of my bodies issues; could be that in the summer my face can't handle the cream, but in the winter last year i also had an odd flux of them.

since i'm still testing this i don't want to say i'd repurchase (but i hope i do, i hate looking for something else that's "basic" with no weird frills). I definitely recommend everyone to try it out, even oily skin users, and especially to users on retinoids! a sample size from the dermatologist may be possible, if you visit them.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by klasia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i buy 2 big tubs of this yearly because every single member of my family uses this. my family started using this when my second child was diagnosed with skin asthma 4 years ago. we tried j&J, Lactacyd, Aveeno but they still reacted with my child's skin. cetaphil was the only brand that helped and this was the only moisturizer that worked for her.
i use this for my hands with great results! my hands are the driest part of my body and most lotions just sit on top of my skin. not this one. my hands just drink this up so well and fast leaving it super soft without any greasy feel.
my husband uses this for his face. he has really dry skin and this works well for him, too.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2012 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Dekagram

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For the love of God heed my warning when I tell you to steer clear of
This product if you have acne prone skin, oily skin, or underlying nut allergies; as this contains almond oil. I had very clear but dry skin before the use of this product, so I decided to slather a generous amount on the concerning areas believing it would work a miracle on me. You could say I was quite satisfied for the time being because it had indeed soothed the dry areas. BUT, a few days after use I broke out with giant cystic nodules where I had applied and was devastated and partly in denial. This cream is the equivalent of rubbing bacon grease across your face and hoping for great results. Once again, please do not use this if you have sensitive oily acne prone skin. It will create a disaster on your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by DreamsOfAzure

The results after using this cream was actually pretty surprising. It does seem like a really thick cream, but it soaks in and doesn't get too oily when applied on my face. I have dry skin in the first place so this does wonders for my dry spots. After a few weeks of using it on my arms and legs, I noticed that my skin got REALLY noticeably softer and smoother. Great price and great product. The only qualm I have is with the unhygienic packaging. Otherwise, wonderful.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by derivedhope

I feel like this product is too hyped up for what it is. Yeah, its fine as a really basic moisturizer, but I honestly feel like it barely makes a difference when I put it on. I get maybe two hours of moisture from it, and then the benefits completely disappear: definitely not long lasting like it claims to be. However, the pros are it doesn't have fragrance and is non-comedogenic, so it would be perfect for anyone with ultra sensitive skin who can't use other products.