August 21, 2014 | 1306 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 3:39:00 AM More reviews by jadelianne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was very wary of buying the Clarisonic Mia; early on I had chalked it up to yet another over hyped, over priced product. On a whim after a big pay cheque I purchased this product from my local Sephora. It has exceeded my expectations in every way. The hype is 100% deserved. I have extremely oily skin but also suffer from eczema and dry patches. This completely took care of the horrific flakiness I thought I was doomed with for the remainder of my existence. My skin is smooth, and while I haven't seen that is has reduced the oiliness of my skin, it certainly hasn't increased it which is really as much as I can ever ask for. I went from a skeptic to longer believing life without my Mia was possible.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 2:58:00 AM More reviews by taromo

Don't let the price tag on this scare you, it really is worth the money. I'd wanted to try the Mia out for years but hesitated buying it for so long because of the price. However, I was getting tired of how horrible my skin looked especially with make up on. The make up always looked so cakey and crusted and after doing some research I realized the cause of this is all the dead skins cells on my face that need to be exfoliated. I've tried other forms of exfoliation such as salicylic acid (really irritates my skin so much that it causes more breakouts), exfoliating with baking soda (just doesn't really do the job that well), and the Olay brush (also doesn't really do the job well enough). Even with all the good reviews I was still a little skeptical about the Mia and worried that it would be a huge waste of money but because of the refund policy I decided to finally buy it knowing I could return it if I didn't like it. Well I really wish I had bought the Mia much sooner. It truly is AMAZING!!! After using it your face looks like it has a new layer of glowing skin on it. Makeup looks sooo much better and skin glows and feels so much cleaner. I very much recommend this product. It really goes work wonders!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by syazbh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

No regrets buying it..can see a different after a week of using it..im in luv with it

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Ebecks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because of the hype and it has a 90 day money back guarantee. I have very sensitive skin so it does from dry to oily and then in addition is prone to breakouts. I was trying every OTC and RX I could to fix my skin. In comes the Clarisonic Mia. My skin is happy and healthy. My skin has regulated its oil production so I'm not bouncing from extremes. It is expensive...but skin care is important to me. Also I use Mary Kay Time wise with the mia and I'm sure that has something to do with it. I had NO purging with this. Any pimples I had prior to buying this have cleared quicker.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by ToriexBotts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got my blue Clarisonic Mia a month ago, and I've been using it twice a day every day. I have normal, with slightly dry skin. My dry patches usually occur on and around my nose. I wanted this product mostly to just really clean my skin, get rid of those dry patches, and to have my products absorb better. And it does exactly that! My patches are gone, my skin tone is becoming more even, my skin feels softer, cleaner, and just looks so much more healthy! People told me that this will perge my skin. Basically making it worse before it gets better. That didn't happen to me, but that doesn't mean it can't happen to you! All I have to say is do your homework on this product. If you're planning on investing this kinda money on a cleanser, make sure you know EVERYTHING about it so there is not a doubt in your mind :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by VEODJW111

I bought my Clarisonic Mia 2 about 2 months ago and I really like it a lot. I like the timed cleaning and how it makes my skin feel. I use Purity cleanser and use it in the shower. I get facials once a month and was told to use the Clarisonic every other day. ( I bought my machine from Macys) I feel like my skin is smoother and less bumpy. I have whiteheads in my T zone and I think using the Mia 2 has helped that. I think the key to using the Clarisonic is moderation. Dont use it if you have put harsh treatments on your face and dont get overzealous when you use it. I think every other day is enough.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 3:32:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for about a year, and I do like it a lot. It isn't perfect, and I don't think it has lived up to its "miracle product" hype, especially considering the price. However, since I got it with a discount at Sephora, I don't mind too much. The brush heads are expensive to replace, and I think that could be prohibitive for a lot of people. It really has made my skin smoother, and it has reduced my acne by about 30%, so I do like it and I will continue to use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by piratesweetie

**PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASING**
I bought my Clarisonic Mia in purple about a year ago. I had some acne problems but nothing major--just clusters of whiteheads. I saw the advertisements for the Clarisonic and got really excited. Finally! Something that will exfoliate my skin and banish all my skincare problems for good! No such dream to be had. Please listen, Ladies! I wish that I had researched this product more thoroughly and found out some of the problems people had with this and I would never had bought it.

When I first bought and began to use it, I thought that my new Clarisonic was my best friend. It seemed to cleanse my skin well, it made my makeup application easier/smoother. I was fairly happy with it. After a couple of months I began to experience something I had never encountered in my life--CYSTIC ACNE. I was horrified. I stopped using the Clarisonic, but it seemed like if I stopped using it the acne went to a whole new level--but I still broke out when I used it just at a somewhat lower rate.

I know it sounds weird, but I feel like my skin is addicted to the Clarisonic but not in a good way. When I use it, the cystic acne is kept somewhat in check, with about 6 cysts constantly on my face--whereas if I remove the Clarisonic out of my skincare routine I turn into a pizza face. I literally had people asking me at work, "What is wrong with your face?". I had never been more embarassed in my life. Makeup isn't even enough to cover the scarring and boils anymore. I wish that I would've just been happy with my little pimples and never started using the Clarisonic--I will have these ice pick scars the rest of my life because I can't afford laser resurfacing at the Dermatologist.

Beware, Ladies. I am trying to save your face and help you avoid a lot of heartache.

13 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by cgoddard24

I have acne prone skin and this gives really nice exfoliation. It helps any lotions or creams I use sink in so much better and they are all more effective when paired with the clarisonic. I use it on my chest, shoulders, and arms every now and then and it makes them very soft! over all I love it though I wouldn't say its a necessity.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 7:47:00 AM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I consider this to be one of my smartest buys to date. Though my skin is dryish combo, I still have some troublesome spots; Mainly my T-Zone and sometimes my decollete will collect the occasional blackheads. I also suffer from some acne scarring and discoloration.
Now, before I jump into this review, I will state that this is no panacea, nor is it intended to be. It does not claim to be the umbrella cure for all skin conditions from acne to dry skin. All it claims to do is provide a deep, yet gentle exfoliation, which it does fabulously.
I've only had this gadget for a month, but I believe I'm already beginning to see results. It cleared the small cluster of blackheads from my chest area the very first time I used it. As far as my T-Zone, It's not 100% blackhead-free, but I notice a huge improvement. When used on drier areas of the skin, it exfoliated them just gently enough, without stripping the skin of it's moisture. I don't know whether it's the sonic technology or perhaps the quality of the brush-head(so dense and soft), but somehow, it just delivers. I'd recommend this to everyone.