April 16, 2014 | 1466 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

This is a pretty good foundation. This is so light I forget I am even wearing foundation, no breakouts, light-medium coverage (which is fine for me, since I have a clear complexion anyways). If you need full coverage, I would suggest another foundation or using concealer underneath. My face never gets oily or cakey with this foundation, & this foundation stays put ALL DAY! Also, this doesn't oxidize or turn my face orange. This is expensive, but well worth every penny! I will definitely continue to buy this! Very pleased.

Also, Iam happy I didn't buy the sheer matte version because this one actually looks matte on me with a little bit of a glow, so the matte version would've probably looked too dry. (In case you are in between deciding on which version to purchase).

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by BeautyLove02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was a horrible foundation for me. I have semi-large pores and it seriously looked like I had no foundation on (good) but with dark foundation dots where my pores are (gross..and not so good.) These kinds of luminous finish foundations rarely work for my skin type (combo/oily) and matte finish foundations look sooo much better on me. I can see how this would be a great foundation for someone with better skin than mine. It did look very natural (in between the "dots" :)) and with someone without noticeable pores, I think this could be beautiful on them. Foundation is a very personal thing-everyone has to see what works for them. What works for my friends never works for me and vice versa..

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Viviann19

I really wanted to love this product, and I've tried to work with it because it has such great coverage but it makes me break out so much every time I use it. Think i'll be sticking to my revlon colour stay.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by msjohns888

Beautiful finish on my uneven rough textures skin. Better than Armani Luminous Silk and better staying poweNot as expensive and you don't have to buy two shades of the stuff to get the right look.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by trueaddict

Within 15 minutes of trying this on my skin was irritated and itchy. Gave it a chance and tried it again later that week. Nope. Same thing happen. Maybe it's just my skin but for sure I usually don't have problems.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Mima25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I like this foundation. It's lightweight, feels so comfortable to wear and makes my skin look really good and healthy. It doesn't cling to dry patches. It gives a really beautiful effect. I get compliments when I wear it.

The packaging looks chic but it is kind of annoying in reality.

for reference- I am NC30 and wear Punjab

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Tiptoemousey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am on my second bottle of this I love it for summer and spring my only real problem with this foundation is the packaging it needs a pump and I have heard you can buy a pump for it but with the foundation being 44-48 dollars it should come with a pump I am a huge huge fan of NARS in general I have used both this and the sheer matte I like matte skin in the winter time though. I think this is a foundation you love it or you hate it and I happen to love it I have normal to combo skin and it works well for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by larissa25x

i do love this product since i don't usually wear foundations this is my go to but i can't always wear it if i haven't moisturized fully because on my nose it can cling to some dry spots but that has only ever happened rarely and in the begging when i didn't apply well. Now i apply it usually with a sigma F80 or a damp sponge and it makes me look amazing but still natural and even if the price is a lot i would still repurchase great find !

PS: I am NC15-NC20 in Mac and i was matched to Gobi which works perfectly in the winter fall area and then the next one Deauville matched me to for the summer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by tinks13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've finished my bottle of this so I definitely think I'm ready to write a review on this! I'm about a MAC NC35 and was matched to the shade Barcelona. This can turn a little bit orange in the winter but I save this foundation in general for the summer anyway. A lot of people seem to be complaining that this isn't even glowy or doesn't live up to the name but I think by the term 'sheer glow' that's exactly what it means, it's not super glowy or super matte just a teeny bit glowy hence the name sheer glow. I have dry skin and found that in the winter this was just too dry for my skin but by summer, when my skin is more on the normal side it's perfect. I'd usually apply this with my Sigma F80 which would give the most flawless finish. It has a medium to more full coverage depending on how good your skin is. It feels beautifully light and goes on easily. I do find that it isn't the most glowy foundation when first applied but I like that because when I'm running around on a hot summers day getting a little bit sweaty/oily I find this holds up incredibly well and it starts to look more glowy too. For me, this is really practical as I don't have to worry about applying loads of powder throughout the day as it starts off matte and gets glowy as the day goes on (not shiny though!). But I am a dry skinned girl so maybe an oily skinned person would find that it gets a bit too shiny. The only downfall I had with it is that I have a slightly oily T-zone and it gets really shiny as the day goes on so maybe if you have normal skin and get slightly oily throughout the day this could be a good one but I wouldn't recommed it for those who get really oily. Also the packaging could be improved. As for oxidising, I didn't noice anything major! I would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by finnybite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start by saying that I have textbook combination/oily skin. The first time I went to the Nars counter I was advised to try sheer matte. Poor shade match notwithstanding, I would recommend sheer glow over sheer matte unless you have VERY oily skin. I am the sort of person who has to blot/powder every few hours in the T-zone no matter what foundation I use, but I have gotten used to it because any foundation that stops my oil production will inevitably clog my pores. The reason I love Nars Sheer Glow over all other foundations that are supposedly formulated for my skin type is that it is truly invisible. I have tried powder foundations, I have tried Makeup Forever HD--it was OK but it accentuated my dry spots more than I would have liked. The coverage was too heavy and covered up my freckles, which I have recently come to terms with. If you have oily-combination to dry skin and want a natural but flawless finish, I strongly recommend Nars Sheer Glow. I am half-Chinese, half-German/English, roughly NC20-25, and I love Fiji (summer) or Ceylan (winter) because the pink/yellow balance is excellent if you are mixed-race.