NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [ /- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

on 12/15/2014 4:13:00 PM

I'm using a luxury sample (glass vial with plastic applicator in cap) for more than ten times now. The SA matched my mac nc 20/25 skin with Santa Fe and that works perfectly. Texture is runny but smooth to apply, the tiny applicator proves exactly the right amount with just 1 dib, dries up to a medium coverage with satin-matte finish and lasts very well. I would call this a balancing fdt because it doesn't cause dry patches and it matifies better than other products I've used. I didn't expect to love this fdt but I find myself using the sample so much that I will purchase this asap. New HG! Other fdt that I recently bought and loved - not as much as this one): by Terry Cover Expert (difficult cover match, drier texture and so pricey), L'Oreal Eau de Teint (less coverage, no oil control, horrible packaging, good cheap alternative), Erborian BB Light (very light colour, good coverage, bit mask-like/cakey: needs more work but great base), Estee Lauder double wear new formula (oxidizes, dry texture that accentuates fine lines, used to love this but now find it very blah).

on 12/15/2014 3:08:00 AM

Nars Sheer Glow seemed to be everyone's HG foundation and needless to say suitable for a dry skin type (like mine) so once my Bourjois Healthy Mix was running low I figured why not to try Nars?

I am so happy that I actually never bought it. And here is why - if you have an eye on this foundation, ask for a sample size to try first. Because when I first applied it - I was in love. My skin looked perfected, the color matched me perfectly and I looked polished up!

However the word "sheer" might be a bit misleading here. This product is not sheer at all, but gives a good medium coverage straight away. You can sheer it out, but that's not my main concern. The reason why I never bought this product was because it felt too heavy and mask-like on my skin after 2-3 hours of wearing it. I literally wanted to wash it off. My pores widened as well and even though I am as dry as Sahara desert - the Tzone looked shinier than ever.

It is a bit of a shame because the color match was amazing. Yet the entire idea of spending a lot of cash on it + buying a separate pump (ridiculous) and feeling like my skin can't breathe underneath was scary.

You can find a proper description and first impression of Nars Sheer Glow in the post below, I believe it is better to give it a good research and collect opinions before buying it.!Nars-Sheer-Glow-First-Impression-/cmbz/A6CE8D71-4532-4B16-9669-8155B22166CE

on 12/13/2014 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have only just recently used this foundation, so the following are my first impressions of it. I have been on the hunt for my HG foundation for as long as I started wearing foundation. I've had a few hits and more misses, but this is my current HG (along with Dior's Airflash, which is heaven-sent), meeting all the needs I have out of a foundation.

- Great coverage - a little actually really does go a long way!!
- Coverage that actually lasts
- Good color selection - I'm using Mont Blanc. I think that a Mont Blanc & Siberia mix (the 2 lightest shades) is my ideal color match.
- Not drying. You don't really feel that the foundation is there, as I have felt at times this winter with MUFE matte foundation.
- Great finish - not matte, not dewy, perfect inbetween

- I'm sure I'll come up with some as I continue to use this foundation longer

- Much prefer this to MakeupForever foundations - the MUFE ones tend to be quite drying
- Better color match/selection than most foundations (Dior, Guerlain, Chanel, etc)

Overall, I am extremely (happily) surprised by how well this foundation held up throughout the day, its coverage, and color match.

on 12/11/2014 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is my HG foundation. I have dry, clear skin with a few dry patches in the winter. This foundation is heaven sent. It matches my skin perfectly (I use the shade barcelona. For reference, I'm a MAC NC40-42), it evens out my skin tone and looks very natural. It does transfer to clothes easily, but I just give myself a very light dusting of setting powder. I think this foundation is def worth the price.

First I want to stress that if your considering buying this foundation get it tested before you buy it.
It is promoted as being a "dewy finish" as soon as I apply it, it is matte. The bottle is nice however you have to pay an additional £3 for a pump bit ridiculous. I have combination skin so oily t zone and dry cheeks. I found that even though I use my favourite primer (Benefit Porefessional) the foundation sits in the pores and clogs them after a few hours of wear. It looks absolutely gross and if you have oily or combo skin then this definitely isn't the one.

I am awaiting a refund on this foundation as I dislike it that much. I am still on the hunt for a go to foundation. I have tried so many brands now.

on 12/8/2014 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm going to just say, my review is based on using a sample I had of this foundation- I have really considered buying this foundation as I have been on the hunt for the "perfect" foundation for my dry/sensitive skin. I only gave this 3 stars because.... Like I said I only had a sample. My sample was good for 2 days worth of use. First off, I was color matched to the color "deauville" I really loved the texture of the foundation, it's definitely on the liquidy/runny consistency side (not very thick.). But it applied smoothly and pretty evenly. Definitely felt nice gliding on my dry skin. I'd personally say its a medium/light- buildable coverage. My complaints to this product: the color I received- It was a perfect match, or so I thought, 10 mins after wearing the makeup, my husband: " umm, why is your face so orange??! " so, yeah, it seemed to oxidize or something?! I'm not certain on other colors either, as most seem to have orange/yellow tones. Also, the price is up there. I really want to give it another try, possibly even buy the full size, but I'd definitely have to make SURE of a color before I spend $60. And no pump on bottle.

on 12/3/2014 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Cool

I have very dry skin and found that this foundation does cling to dry patches abit. What I love about this line is that it has many shades to choose from and i was able to find an exact match -Ceylon. It does oxidize a bit so be aware and test it out on your skin. The coverage is sheer to medium. It feels good on but at this price I rather find an alternative. Packaging is also not great as it doesn't come with a pump even though you are paying $60 for it! Not sure why they wouldn't include a pump considering every other major brand does. Finish is actually not that glowy at all. I find that i don't even need to powder afterwards.

on 12/2/2014 10:25:00 AM

First impression of applying this foundation was great it went on smoothly and looked flawless with little foundation but good coverage but throughout the day it really clung to the dry patches of my face and didn't wear very well at all it was patchy by midday, applying another layer made it look cakey and made my skin dirty looking. Can't say i would purchase this foundation again it's definitely not my type of foundation.

on 12/1/2014 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Absolutely love how this foundation looks on me. It provides buildable coverage, with a dewy soft finish, perfect for covering any scars or acne. I especially love how it blends perfectly with my Nars concealer. (I use Stromboli for my foundation and Ginger for my concealer). Depending on the look that you are going for, I would recommend setting it with a translucent powder, but 80% of the time I don't.
Cons would definitely be the fact that this great foundation is just so damn pricey. Also, I am not a fan of the packaging, I wish that it came in a pump, but of course that would be extra.
Nevertheless, I have a difficult time finding a foundation that matches my skin tone and provides the coverage I require. And lets keep it real, Nar's products rarely disappoint.

was so happy to purchase this foundation!

as a lover of YouTube sensations (Pixiwoo, Zoella, Tanya Burr etc.) I just had to try this as they rave about it and when they use it in tutorials their skin looks flawless!

I don't have a Nars counter close to me so had to wait until I made a trip into London and I brought this at Space NK for around £35.

I love love love this foundation, it applies so smoothly and I'm genuinely so surprised with the coverage! It's a buildable medium!

The finish of this is beautiful on my skin, I have normal skin that can sometimes have a few dry patches in the winter and this just makes my skin look super healthy and bright!

I would recommend using a setting powder with this foundation though as my t-zone starts to become slightly oily about 2/3 hours after I've applied it, although I find that any foundation with radiance or glowing properties does the same.

The only bad thing about this is that you have to pay extra for a seperate pump. I'm not bothered whether or not a pump is included I can use the right amount either way (this foundation isn't so runny that it pours out) but for the steep price I feel you should be given one perhaps seperatly in the box so you have the choice but this is just me being picky and you can pick up cheap pumps from eBay or amazon if you felt you needed one.

Video Reviews & Tutorials