July 30, 2014 | 1476 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - MAC - Studio Moisture Tint SPF15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2010 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Jmarz888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tinted MOISTURizer. I thought this product was suppose to moisturizer your skin....hmm.. After applying this, it would dry to a matte dry finish. I got this TM in medium for my NC30 skintone. It's funny...the SA kept calling this a foundation everytime i said TM. The smell is terrible. It would automatically activate my sinuses. I dont usually have this problem but this product was bad. FAIL..FAIL..FAIL MAC. I hope and pray that MAC comes out with a better one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by finch96

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For reference, my skin is NW25, dry, sensitive, and has few to zero wrinkles and fine lines or blemishes, with medium sized pores. I am 37. I started using this product six months ago, and am very pleased with the performance. It gives a light, almost sheer finish, which is my personal preference in foundations/tm. I use the "medium" shade, and it blends very well with my skin tone. I apply a thin layer of monistat as primer (after applying my daily moisturizer), then apply the MAC tm, then finish with Prep + Prime finishing powder. The result is almost invisible pores and a very natural looking finish. I find that this product wears much longer than traditional foundations in the heat and humidity of the south. It does not sweat off nearly as easily as my other fdtn. I took off one lippie because even though it is called a tm, it is not very moisturizing. It's not drying, but I definitely couldn't wear this without any sort of moisturizer. As for the cost, it is not too terribly expensive, and on the upside, I found this at the CCO and was able to get it for about $24 for a tube. Have and will continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2010 10:57:00 AM More reviews by pisces31919

I was suprised by how much I like this! Perfect for summer and when you need to even out your skin and the SPF is a great benefit. I use it in Deep Dark. It looks lighter than my skin tone at first but eventually it evens out. Will definatly repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by maxilluv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this in Dark, I'm c40 in studio fix, blends nicely. I finish with a powder and a bronzer. Nice cover, but like a previous user mentioned, can't have too many blemishes. It's quick and easy, but I noticed that my skin produces a little more oil than usual.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2010 11:45:00 PM More reviews by juliaesands

This is another very good tinted moisturizer, in terms of color. The sunscreen factor is lacking as Paula Begoun points out in her review on Beautypedia.com but as I always wear sunscreen in my moisturizer, this is not too problematic for me. I am NW20 and I swapped for this in Medium which suits me absolutely perfectly. It takes a moment or two to sink in, but once set, my skin looks nude and flawless. It doesn't cover much, just enough to cancel out redness (which will not be evident immediately- after this absorbs into the skin you can see that the redness is gone) and that's it. No breakouts, but we'll see how it goes.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by arielfersher

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This didn't work out for me. It was too sheer and broke me out. I developed cystic acne when using this just after I had gotten off of Accutane. Very disappointed :[

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by halimeade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

EDIT: So its several months later, summer. I've been working outside a lot, and the usual TM I use (Neutrogena Skin Enchancer) got too light for me to wear anymore this season. Being in the middle of nowhere for work, I decided to pull this sample out and try it again. Perfect color match! I also find the thicker formula is working better for summer wear, unlike my Neutrogena, which just melts right off. Also being more experienced with MU now, I'm not minding working on small areas of my face at a time. More control. I do put a bit of my night serum (Jeune d'Age Organics) underneath, and the two together are perfectly moisturizing. So I've bumped up a lippie, and bought myself a tube to last me the rest of the season.

This ended up being a no go for me. As far as coverage goes, I'd say light to medium depending on the application method, no complaints there. However, I'm about an NW20, and neither the Light or Medium shades were good matches for me, too dark or too orange. I didn't like how thick the formula is, it just dragged all over my face, hard to blend. It also does not moisturize enough, so I still had to wear a regular moisturizer, which seem to defeat the purpose!

Not horrible, but would not purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 10:54:00 PM More reviews by pinchopeach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

i'm nc37 and bought this in medium / dark. i was pretty surprised how much i liked this tinted moisturizer. the color is good match, the coverage is light but leaves it polished, and most importantly feels light on my skin. i use a primer under this and blot powder and it lasted all day for me. i think i'm liking this more than my other foundation because it allows my skin to look fresh and polished instead of covered in heavy foundation which can make you look older. less is more for me...
------update------- dries out my lips so back it goes

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 1:47:00 PM More reviews by maripoezia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for about a month now and I'm very happy with it! It evens out my skin tone and it doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup. It also feels really light on my skin. I had a couple people comment on how beautiful my skin looks when I'm wearing this, and they didn't realize I had anything on. I'm acne prone and it doesn't make me break out. I'm NW20 and was matched with Medium, which works perfectly with my skin tone. I do wish the container was designed a little differently with a flat bottom so I could sit it upright, but that's the only bad thing I can say about this tinted moisturizer. I will definitely be buying this again!

PS: I do continue to wear my daily moisturizer with sunscreen as this doesn't really cut it as a moisturizer alone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Fibergash6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Coverage is ok, this product is good if you have no blemishes/ mostly even skin. I still use a moisturizer/primer under this, macs ingriedients are terrible for your skin, and it also isn't very moisturizing. Amazing finish. Wouldn't use with dry skin though, accentuates flakes.