Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15

3.8

Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 7.49 %, Oxybenzone (Benzophenone-3) 2.00 %. Beeswax (Cera Alba), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Decyl Olive Esters,Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Propylene Glycol, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, Limonene, Citral, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Bht.

on 6/18/2012 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I adore this lip treatment. I also received mine like many here for my Beauty Insider b.day gift. Yes, it is expensive. Also it melts during warm weather stored in my purse so be careful when applying or it'll just break off. However, it's unlike any other lip balm I've tried. I guess that is why they label it as a 'lip treatment'. It gives me the perfect base before applying lipstick. My lips never peel or get dry as they always seem to when I use lipstick. I never use to like lipstick but I'm a convert since trying this. So for me this really works. When I exfoliate with a sugar scrub it gives me the same effect - all that dry gunk from my lips disapper. It's similar when I use this. I no longer have that unflattering dryness any longer...in a pretty little tube.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I got two boxes of minis from Sephora as a part of the BI perks during my birthday month. I was very excited and really wanted to like it - I love Korres Lip Butters for the juicy tint but the pot design really drives me nuts (and the LB Glazes are NOT the same thing)... That being said, while it's pretty good, it's not the most amazing lip balm I've tried, and I feel it is consequently too expensive for what it is. The tinted and the clear ones both have the same texture, but it feels JUST like Nivea lip balms from the pharmacy. The rose tinted one is pretty much clear (maybe just a teeny bit pinker) and the clear one is, well, clear. If I'd paid for this, I would be returning it - I could get a Korres Lip Butter (for a tinted version) or about 3 tubes of Jack Black (for a clear version) that perform better for the price. The packaging is cute, and I like the screw-top on the bottom of the swivel-up tube (more secure). Maybe the darker colored ones will show up better and I'll change my mind, but until then - no repurchase. I've stashed the mini chapsticks in my dog walking bag and smaller purses in case I'm caught with nothing for my lips when I'm in the sun this summer, they'll be good enough for that, but IMHO it's not worth the money.

on 6/15/2012 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

If Sephora did not offer this as a Beauty Insider Perk (deluxe sample in the Sugar fresh and Sugar rose), I most certainly would never consider buying it. I believe that one regular size lip balm is priced at around 22 - 25 $ CAN at Sephora. Pretty ridiculous for a lip balm if you ask me.

However, because I did receive the deluxe sample for free - I must say I am impressed. Sugar rose is my favorite of the two, it is in a nice tinted shade that immediately dresses up any make up look. It is moisturizing, I find that it does have better results than the usual lip balms that I use (EOS and Chap stick), however it does not do too much more to buy for 22$. The smell is also very refreshing and the packaging is superb. I like how you need to unscrew the cap to open it.

I suppose if you do have a couple extra dollars lying around and do not mind spending it on lip balm then yes, totally go buy this product. If you're on a more tighter budget (like myself) I'd say just skip and use a regular lip balm or chap stick instead.

If you are not a Beauty Insider at Sephora I would suggest that you sign up, after all - who can say no to a free deluxe sample on your birthday right?

on 6/5/2012 1:02:00 AM

If I could afford this, it would be my holy grail. After trying the Rose and the Clear one, both provide lasting deep moisture and healthy shine. The rose is fairly pigmented and buildable. I find that I only need a little and it spreads very smoothly over my lips so I think it will last me a long time. I also love the sugar lemon scent and the pretty brushed metal tubes. The SPF 15 is an added bonus without adding any weird sunblock smell. However, $22 is a little ridiculous to pay for what is essentially a great tinted lip balm, so I can't justify purchasing it once I finish up my Sephora Beauty Insider birthday set. I will probably stick to my old stand-by, Carmex MoisturePlus tinted lip balm.

on 5/30/2012 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I absolutely LOVE this! Sephora sent me two sets of minis with this for my Birthday (yay) and the untinted version and I will NEVER be without them again!!! My lips feel like silk, this stuff lasts all day/night and I have not had any chapping since I started using the plain one at night and the tinted one during the day which looks beautiful on and does not interfere with my lipgloss wearing when I'm going out...

Love!!! Will likely look for it on eBay since I hear it is uber expensive to buy outright. But, this is the only easy to apply treatment with tint that REALLY works just as well as pure Shea Butter which is a pain to apply in comparison and just isn't as fun!!!

on 5/29/2012 12:36:00 AM

I received this as a sample from Sephora. Love the rosy color!!! Great light, spring/summer shade when going for the natural look. I try to use sparingly though as it's pretty expensive to buy in full-size.

on 5/26/2012 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I got this as a birthday present from sephora and when I first used it I thought "wow I would never pay $22 for this". But I have been using this for a month now and I am actually starting to like it. It gives me a pretty red tint with shine on my pigmented lips which I like to because my make up look is natural. I think that when I run out I might have to actually go and buy it

on 5/25/2012 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I don't like it. I got mini's for my bday and I was so excited but after a a couple of weeks of using the balms I concluded that these do not moisturize my dry lips. I feel like I have to keep applying and I don't like how the balm feels on my lips...I can't describe it but after an hour my lips are dry again. I'm just glad I didn't waste my money.

on 5/25/2012 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

i recently got this in the mini duo as the free birthday gift from sephora. i am swapping the clear one and keeping the rose. i used the rose for the first time today and i guess it is just a really hot day, or the product is really creamy and moisturizing. It melted!
I love the product though! love the color and love how smooth it goes on and so moisturizing! just don't use it in the summer if you carry your lip products in your purse. lol. i put it in the fridge and hope to keep it. it didn't completely melt, but when i put it on, the tip became disfigured from it being so hot out. anyways, there's my 2 sense.

on 5/24/2012 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think that in comparison to the original balm, you probably are getting more out of this Rose balm because of the light color. I may purchase this again, but probably not for a long time when I'm done with all my Burt's Bess and Korres balms.

Popular Lip Treatments