Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15

3.8

Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 7.49 %, Oxybenzone (Benzophenone-3) 2.00 %. Beeswax (Cera Alba), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Decyl Olive Esters,Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Propylene Glycol, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, Limonene, Citral, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Bht.

I splurged and paid $20+ for this because makeup artist Stacey Panepinto used it on Kristen Stewart in the wedding scene of Breaking Dawn (and love or hate the films, you can't deny that her makeup looked freakin amazing!). I love, love, love the colour, which is perfect for fair skin, and as a balm its quite nice. Its scented (pleasant, light, lemon scent) but that didn't irritate my lips at all. If it weren't for the packaging I could have given this an amazing review as my HG lip product. But...

What initially looked like high-end, luxurious, brushed metal packaging, in reality turned out to be a mess! You have to twist/turn the cap on. Unfortunately, the turning motion, no matter how careful I was, caused the lip balm to twist up and smoosh into the top of the cap. Almost immediately, after only a couple of uses, it cracked off at the base, leaning sideways and smooshing more. It also is soooo mushy at room temperature (and I live in Canada so its not THAT warm here) that a huge amount smears onto your lips (and all over the packaging). I just gave up and scraped it all into an empty lip gloss pot. Applying it with my finger, it worked like a dream. But for that price, I would expect functional packaging. would not re-purchase.

I like this but it's not really that moisturizing. It still makes my lips dry after 4 hours of use and my lips peel during the day since its already hard. I like is for under my lipstick but not for all day moisture. Better stick with good old vaseline or aquaphor.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this from a lovely muaer having heard of it but had never tried it. To me this is the kind of product that evokes a mood or feeling, its not cherry Chapstick (which I've long used and love), its a little bit of luxury in your purse. You take out the silver bullet, turn a bit and up comes the lip treatment in the perfect shade of red, not too blue, nor too yellow. If it applied as it appears it would be a lovely creamy red, but red lipsticks abound, this is a hint of that. A teeny bit of pink remains on the lips which are well moisturized by using this. Its a good product, feels cushy and plus, has an spf to boot. You're paying for not just a lip balm, but an experience. You take it out and it looks special, different. Anyone watching would expect you to come away with red lips for sure. But you're like me, a swipe and go lip product gal, no time for lip liners and pocket mirrors all the live long day. So you carry this and swipe it on, feeling a little more pampered and a pretty little red lip balm with such a lovely sweet name, is a lovely sweet thing to use from time to time. I have a dry skin condition, severely dry lips too, I go through a stick of balm a week at times so this is cost prohibitive used daily. Lisa Eldridge a famed makeup artist that posts on youtube talked about how applying lipstick is a feminine art and the use of swipe and glow nudie, sheer glosses has taken away that seduction from our culture. Taking out a pretty tube, the look of the bullet and the pout women make while applying etc. I agree and I'm one of those who like I said won't bother with lipstick. Some recent lip butters are ok for me but some are actually too pigmented for the swipe and go. With this you get the brightly colored bullet, the feminine appeal of that and application, with none of the mess or "lipstick commitment" you'd need to pull such a color off. But you just get slightly rosey lips that look and feel better. When I win Lotto I'm going to use this all the time:)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

For the price this is only a so-so product. The slight color is very natural and pretty on my lips and the formula is really creamy. I know some people find the consistency too thick, but I think it's more moisturizing than most other balms.

I also really like the packaging. It has a screw on top and a very sturdy metal container.

The two cons are 1) the price. I guess I was expecting some sort of miracle product for the amount you pay for it. 2) the balm is VERY soft. If you leave it in your pocket or in your car you WILL have a mushy pink mess.

Overall this is not a bad product but I definitely would not repurchase because of the price.

got it as a gift from sephora but i love it! i will not repurchase it bc it is extremely pricey but it was a great product to get for free. very moisturizing, creamy, great color. really moisturizing. i just wish it was a LOOOOTTT cheaper.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I feel horrible that I will be one of the sole detractors on this cult classic, but I must. I received this as a birthday gift from Sephora, and I was really excited to get it. After all, I've heard tons of reviews, and most of them positive. Plus, I love Fresh as a brand. I love their cleansers, and lotions, and their Sugar Lemon perfume. I thought this one would be a shoo-in.

Unfortunately, it is not. The formula is REALLY creamy and feels heavy and waxy on my lips. It really sits on top of your lips like lard, and I couldn't forget it was on like most other lip balms I've tried. It melts at the slightest warm temperature, and did I mention it just feels gross on my lips? It does. I can't stress that enough. I also don't really care for the odd taste. Retail price, this thing will kill you. I'm all for splurging when a product is worth it, but this just isn't.

As a positive, I love the screw-on packaging - it'll prevent it from uncapping accidentally in your purse and coating everything in rose-tinted wax. I guess it's Revlon Lip Butters forever.

Like others, I received the mini's set as a birthday gift from Sephora. I got it and initially my thought was, I won't purchase this later, because it's a lot of money for a lip balm. But I love these and will be buying a full sized one in the rose shade when they are gone. They feel great, not too thin, not too thick, smell like lemons, but not overpoweringly so, just light and fresh. It adds just a hint of color to my lips, while still looking natural, and has spf! For me it's got everything. I own a lot of different lip products, and there are others I use often and like very much too, but this one is definitely at the top of my list :) 4/5 only because of the price.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I adore this lip treatment. I also received mine like many here for my Beauty Insider b.day gift. Yes, it is expensive. Also it melts during warm weather stored in my purse so be careful when applying or it'll just break off. However, it's unlike any other lip balm I've tried. I guess that is why they label it as a 'lip treatment'. It gives me the perfect base before applying lipstick. My lips never peel or get dry as they always seem to when I use lipstick. I never use to like lipstick but I'm a convert since trying this. So for me this really works. When I exfoliate with a sugar scrub it gives me the same effect - all that dry gunk from my lips disapper. It's similar when I use this. I no longer have that unflattering dryness any longer...in a pretty little tube.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I got two boxes of minis from Sephora as a part of the BI perks during my birthday month. I was very excited and really wanted to like it - I love Korres Lip Butters for the juicy tint but the pot design really drives me nuts (and the LB Glazes are NOT the same thing)... That being said, while it's pretty good, it's not the most amazing lip balm I've tried, and I feel it is consequently too expensive for what it is. The tinted and the clear ones both have the same texture, but it feels JUST like Nivea lip balms from the pharmacy. The rose tinted one is pretty much clear (maybe just a teeny bit pinker) and the clear one is, well, clear. If I'd paid for this, I would be returning it - I could get a Korres Lip Butter (for a tinted version) or about 3 tubes of Jack Black (for a clear version) that perform better for the price. The packaging is cute, and I like the screw-top on the bottom of the swivel-up tube (more secure). Maybe the darker colored ones will show up better and I'll change my mind, but until then - no repurchase. I've stashed the mini chapsticks in my dog walking bag and smaller purses in case I'm caught with nothing for my lips when I'm in the sun this summer, they'll be good enough for that, but IMHO it's not worth the money.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

If Sephora did not offer this as a Beauty Insider Perk (deluxe sample in the Sugar fresh and Sugar rose), I most certainly would never consider buying it. I believe that one regular size lip balm is priced at around 22 - 25 $ CAN at Sephora. Pretty ridiculous for a lip balm if you ask me.

However, because I did receive the deluxe sample for free - I must say I am impressed. Sugar rose is my favorite of the two, it is in a nice tinted shade that immediately dresses up any make up look. It is moisturizing, I find that it does have better results than the usual lip balms that I use (EOS and Chap stick), however it does not do too much more to buy for 22$. The smell is also very refreshing and the packaging is superb. I like how you need to unscrew the cap to open it.

I suppose if you do have a couple extra dollars lying around and do not mind spending it on lip balm then yes, totally go buy this product. If you're on a more tighter budget (like myself) I'd say just skip and use a regular lip balm or chap stick instead.

If you are not a Beauty Insider at Sephora I would suggest that you sign up, after all - who can say no to a free deluxe sample on your birthday right?

Popular Lip Treatments