November 25, 2014 | 1871 users online

Lip Treatments - Fresh - Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2012 2:28:00 AM More reviews by forbidden_desire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My first thought was that this product was equivalent to an overpriced chapstick. The consistency is the same and it leaves my dry lips moisturized and soft.. like chapstick does. The only difference is that this smells nice, leaves a tint of color, and is way too expensive for what it does. What I do love, is how buildable the color is. You can get barely a tint with a few swipes or you can go a soft red color without going too dark. But considering that there are a ton of other lip glosses, balms, etc. that can do the same thing, it really isn't anything special. Don't get me wrong.. I like the product. I just dont think I would pay full price for it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Smells good, tastes good, leaves a pretty sheer swipe of color, and has an interesting slippery texture, not sticky or waxy. It isn't worth 20 bucks. It does nothing that a Burt's Bees balm wont do. I like it, but not enough to spend that much to buy it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by lieske

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Finally sephora gives us good birthday presents. I've always wanted to try this but never got around purchasing. So i got this free as a birthday present from sephora--and thank goodness i never got around trying this. Did nothing for my lips no matter how much i applied. Although i should note that i have chronic dry cracked lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by peacefuldusk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this! It is thin and moisturizing. It adds the perfect amount of color to my lips to make them look darker but in a natural way. It is VERY similar to Softlips in constancy, accept it has more color to it than their tints do. My complaints are it is really expensive and melts some just being in my purse. But I will continue to buy because I like the amount of color it gives me, it is a nice amount you don't have to look at yourself while you put it on because it doesn't travel around your lips.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by dmoran227

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Another vote for actually making my lips drier than they are naturally. So a certain no from me. Oh and I had it in my front pocket of my jeans for a few hours indoors with air and it melted. As for the smell it's a pleasant one but none one I'd associate with a lip balm. The tint is nice and so is the container which is why I gave it two stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 3:38:00 AM More reviews by bombom899

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this product as my birthday sample from sephora and have fallen in love with it ever since! In a short description its: moisturizing, fabulous color, smells amazing, lasts on the lips, no weird tingling sensation,and the sample was free. The only done side i can find to this product is that the full size is $22 which makes me sad :(

There is so many good things i could say about these lip treatments that I wrote a whole blog post about it with my full review, pictures and swatches at:
podotea.blogspot.com

Hope you decide to read my full review and thought this short one was helpful! :)

-Podotea

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I got a mini size of this for free with Sephora's birthday freebie this year. I've always wanted to try Fresh's Lip Treatments, but felt them horribly overpriced at $22.50 for basically a lip balm. A nicely moisturizing, non-greasy, and long-wearing lip balm, but a lip balm nonetheless. I'm glad I didn't pay for this as Rose's tint is barely visibly on my lips. Rose might be more obvious against fairer tones, but on my med-deep tan it's virtually nonexistent--Passion might be better. I'll keep my tube at work for when my lips feel dry but I'm too lazy/busy to reapply my lipstick, but would *never* buy a full size of this particular shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Jellyblob

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is, hands down, the best tinted lipbalm I own. It comes in spf 15 and has a fresh citrus scent to it. The color is pigmented on me and lasts longer than most tinted lip balms I own (probably because there isn't as much slip to it as others I've tried). It has a screw on top which means you won't accidentally color the interior of your handbag with it (Yes, Clinique Chubby Sticks, I'm looking at you!).

Now the bad. It is expensive which means I have to be careful not to lose it (I am notorious for that). Also, you have to be careful not to turn it up high or it will break off (the lower the better). Despite that, I will repurchase but I don't think I have to anytime soon as it does moisturize for a while.

I have it in Rose (the most natural shade on me), Honey (great for when I want a nude lip to go with smokey eyes) and Passion (really red so I have to be light-handed with its application). They have a new color in Coral! Must...resist...!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by eeemmm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a birthday gift from Sephora...awesome gift! So glad I went in! I've been interested in this lip tint for a while, but didn't want to buy it because it's so sheer. I have pigmented lips and felt that it would be a waste to buy something that may or may not work for me. I got a trial size which had a good amount of product. The color was indeed sheer, but gave my lips a nice pink sheen. I wouldn't buy a full size any time soon because I have so many other lipsticks and balms, but maybe in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by ksasi04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this, and it smells and wears very nice, but I think it's just a really expensive tinted lip balm. You can get the same results from a drugstore brand. I think you're paying for the packaging, which is actually really awesome since it's a metal container with a screw-top cap. If you are going to get it, get it for free for your Sephora Beauty Insider birthday gift!