Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15

3.8

Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 7.49 %, Oxybenzone (Benzophenone-3) 2.00 %. Beeswax (Cera Alba), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Decyl Olive Esters,Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Propylene Glycol, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, Limonene, Citral, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Bht.

on 6/15/2012 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

If Sephora did not offer this as a Beauty Insider Perk (deluxe sample in the Sugar fresh and Sugar rose), I most certainly would never consider buying it. I believe that one regular size lip balm is priced at around 22 - 25 $ CAN at Sephora. Pretty ridiculous for a lip balm if you ask me.

However, because I did receive the deluxe sample for free - I must say I am impressed. Sugar rose is my favorite of the two, it is in a nice tinted shade that immediately dresses up any make up look. It is moisturizing, I find that it does have better results than the usual lip balms that I use (EOS and Chap stick), however it does not do too much more to buy for 22$. The smell is also very refreshing and the packaging is superb. I like how you need to unscrew the cap to open it.

I suppose if you do have a couple extra dollars lying around and do not mind spending it on lip balm then yes, totally go buy this product. If you're on a more tighter budget (like myself) I'd say just skip and use a regular lip balm or chap stick instead.

If you are not a Beauty Insider at Sephora I would suggest that you sign up, after all - who can say no to a free deluxe sample on your birthday right?

on 6/5/2012 1:02:00 AM

If I could afford this, it would be my holy grail. After trying the Rose and the Clear one, both provide lasting deep moisture and healthy shine. The rose is fairly pigmented and buildable. I find that I only need a little and it spreads very smoothly over my lips so I think it will last me a long time. I also love the sugar lemon scent and the pretty brushed metal tubes. The SPF 15 is an added bonus without adding any weird sunblock smell. However, $22 is a little ridiculous to pay for what is essentially a great tinted lip balm, so I can't justify purchasing it once I finish up my Sephora Beauty Insider birthday set. I will probably stick to my old stand-by, Carmex MoisturePlus tinted lip balm.

on 5/30/2012 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I absolutely LOVE this! Sephora sent me two sets of minis with this for my Birthday (yay) and the untinted version and I will NEVER be without them again!!! My lips feel like silk, this stuff lasts all day/night and I have not had any chapping since I started using the plain one at night and the tinted one during the day which looks beautiful on and does not interfere with my lipgloss wearing when I'm going out...

Love!!! Will likely look for it on eBay since I hear it is uber expensive to buy outright. But, this is the only easy to apply treatment with tint that REALLY works just as well as pure Shea Butter which is a pain to apply in comparison and just isn't as fun!!!

on 5/29/2012 12:36:00 AM

I received this as a sample from Sephora. Love the rosy color!!! Great light, spring/summer shade when going for the natural look. I try to use sparingly though as it's pretty expensive to buy in full-size.

on 5/26/2012 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I got this as a birthday present from sephora and when I first used it I thought "wow I would never pay $22 for this". But I have been using this for a month now and I am actually starting to like it. It gives me a pretty red tint with shine on my pigmented lips which I like to because my make up look is natural. I think that when I run out I might have to actually go and buy it

on 5/25/2012 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I don't like it. I got mini's for my bday and I was so excited but after a a couple of weeks of using the balms I concluded that these do not moisturize my dry lips. I feel like I have to keep applying and I don't like how the balm feels on my lips...I can't describe it but after an hour my lips are dry again. I'm just glad I didn't waste my money.

on 5/25/2012 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

i recently got this in the mini duo as the free birthday gift from sephora. i am swapping the clear one and keeping the rose. i used the rose for the first time today and i guess it is just a really hot day, or the product is really creamy and moisturizing. It melted!
I love the product though! love the color and love how smooth it goes on and so moisturizing! just don't use it in the summer if you carry your lip products in your purse. lol. i put it in the fridge and hope to keep it. it didn't completely melt, but when i put it on, the tip became disfigured from it being so hot out. anyways, there's my 2 sense.

on 5/24/2012 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think that in comparison to the original balm, you probably are getting more out of this Rose balm because of the light color. I may purchase this again, but probably not for a long time when I'm done with all my Burt's Bess and Korres balms.

on 5/21/2012 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I thought that this was going to have a rose scent to it (By Terry Baume de Rose, Smith's Rosebud Salve...). I didn't care for the scent of this product. It smelled like lemon household cleaner. Alone, it did not look like much, however, I did like that it is more of a matte finish treatment and was not super glossy. Over a nude lipliner my lips looked fuller when using this product and did have a nice natural rose color to them. This didn't really seem to condition my lips or make them any softer, either. Not a terrible product, but, like with every other Fresh product I have tried, I'm really not too impressed.

My first thought was that this product was equivalent to an overpriced chapstick. The consistency is the same and it leaves my dry lips moisturized and soft.. like chapstick does. The only difference is that this smells nice, leaves a tint of color, and is way too expensive for what it does. What I do love, is how buildable the color is. You can get barely a tint with a few swipes or you can go a soft red color without going too dark. But considering that there are a ton of other lip glosses, balms, etc. that can do the same thing, it really isn't anything special. Don't get me wrong.. I like the product. I just dont think I would pay full price for it.

Popular Lip Treatments