July 25, 2014 | 1842 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2008 5:43:00 PM More reviews by laurelwatanabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love OPI Nail Envy. I took off my acrylic nails last year and was really nervous because everytime before I lasted about a week with them off, my nails were so weak and thin and would peel off and bleed. I first bought Nail Tek and it improved my nails a tiny bit but not much, then I bought Nail Envy and after about two weeks my nails were much stronger.
My nails are so hard and long now they look just as good as the acrylics. It put an end to all peeling and breaking and finally let my nails grow. I don't think $14 USD is a lot to pay considering it lasts a long time and that's about what you pay for 1 acrylic fill that lasts 2 weeks.

I follow the directions started with clean nails added two coats and added a coat every other day and I also use Burts Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme at night to get my skin around the nail soft.

Give it a try you'll love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2008 5:51:00 PM More reviews by RedNailz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I started using Nail Envy after having gel nails removed. My nails are not strong to begin with, and they were now worse than what I started with! Even though gel nails aren't supposed to be damaging, my natural nail was very weak at the tip (even after I cut them short). I used Nail Envy according to instructions for months. Now that the damaged parts of my nails have grown out, I can really see the difference. I am amazed at how strong my nails are and how long they are getting! Even though the price is high, using Nail Envy to grow my nails long is still cheaper than getting artificial nails! UPDATE: I took a break from Nail Envy and found out that my nails have gotten much more brittle. Before, they peeled and tore easily. Now they actually chip and break! I am back to very short nails as a result. While I will still use Nail Envy from time to time, I will also be moisturizing ALOT more often.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2008 8:35:00 PM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for well over a month and I cannot believe how long and strong my nails have grown out. Previously, when I've been able to let them grow, they would reach a particular length and promptly begin to split, peel and break. Nail Envy was recommended to me by a nail tech and I purchased with a healthy dose of skepticism. As it turns out, however, the tech was right. I've been able to maintain them at their (personal) record-breaking length without even so much as an indication that they were preparing to peel or break. The NE leaves a nice, better-than-natural sheen that just leaves them looking healthy -- I've been sitting staring at a bottle of INRAW but I can't bring myself to cover them up. They're gorgeous! Will definitely continue using (per directions, with every other day application for one week, then start-over), and highly recommend it. While the weekly procedure can seems a bit daunting, rest assured that it isn't at all like polishing your nails every other day. It dries very quickly -- to the point that, by the time I finish my pinky, the thumb and forefinger of the same hand is dry -- and is very sheer So it goes quickly and does not require quite the same level of meticulousness as does a true polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2008 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Nailsonlychick

this is a fabulous natural nail product! while there really is no nail product out there that can make your nails grow stronger naturally, multiple coats of Nail Envy can help your nails feel more durable and look nice and shiny (like you just got a manicure)! i like to use it as a base coat or top coat on natural nails and reapply every few days to help support the nails. i recommend this product to all my natural nail clients and for my clients that are trying to transition from artificial to natural nails.
i will warn sensitive individuals that this product (the original Nail Envy) does contain Formaldehyde which has been known to cause allergic reactions. Nail Envy comes in other formulas (soft & thin and dry & brittle) that still contain formaldehyde and don't work as well as the original so i wouldn't waste my money on them. however, the sensitive & peeling Nail Envy formula DOES NOT contain formaldehyde and while it also can't compare to the original it does offer a safer alternative for sensitive people.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2008 9:20:00 AM More reviews by hmccorry

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this after the presenter on QVC (UK) showed us her nails and said she's been mucking out her horses that morning, and I haven't been without it since, about 6 years ago. I follow a very low-fat diet which makes my nails very crumbly and I just used to file them as they broke off, but with Nail Envy they grow long and strong - I usually cut them now because they take too long to file. I use it as a basecoat and then every couple of days as a top coat / smartener upper, and it is just brilliant. Makes your nails strong but not hard or brittle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2008 3:13:00 AM More reviews by margaretshelton

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product and have been using it for years. My nails are naturally weak and chip easily, and when I use this product they grow out nicely and are very hard to chip. The key is to put on two coats at first and then do another coat every other day for a week then start over. It gives a nice shiny look while it's working its magic, and I use this product continually as a base coat for color polish and as a top coat over color. It's expensive and will get thick after a while, but it's one of my favorite products.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2008 11:48:00 AM More reviews by sardonic_girl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hands down best ever nail hardener. Found it after I had acrylics removed. Not cheap but lasts a long time. Holy Grail ladies!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2008 9:10:00 PM More reviews by moth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of a number of products where the ingredients list is, word for word, the same. Despite this, I was stupid enough to buy three of them until I discovered the trick to keeping the stuff from lifting off the nail. The clue? Nails absorb water. So you put this on, layer on some color, put some more on. Every night, before bed, thinking it would have plenty of time to set. I get up, shower and once I'm on the train, I notice... everything is peeling off. Looks awful. Had to start carrying the polish with me to touch up my nails t work. Then, just on a lark, I tried putting the polish on the under side of my nails and leaving a small ridge on the very tip when I did so. Then I painted over the top, filling in to the ridge. On went the color, then I repeated this -- paint the underside and leave a little ridge on the edge. Let that dry, put on the last top coat. Nails are waterproof -- I just gave both my kids a bath and the polish hasn't budged. EDIT: I am upgrading this stuff to 5 stars. First, I discovered that buffing my nails before applying Nail Envy helps the polish stick better. Second, I spent the last two days working as a carpenter -- with no polish on, but my formerly pathetic, useless nails took all the abuse. I'm sure it helps that I've been taking biotin supplements for several weeks, too.

FYI: The formaldehyde in Nail Envy reacts with the keratin in the fingernail, causing it to form more crosslinks. A little bit is a good thing (unless you are sensitive to it), but beware that prolonged use can make the nails brittle.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2008 7:33:00 PM More reviews by yanyanyan

I dont really think this product works on my weak nails, the best similar product would be from Sally its the best~

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2008 10:52:00 PM More reviews by jalmy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this for a couple of months and I really like it. I use it as a base coat and it helps my polish stay on longer and my nails seem healthier. Despite the high cost, I'll definitely use this again.