Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/29/2007 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This review is actually for the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Lip Butter. This is a new product. This comes in a squeeze tube with a slanted applicator. They have added peppermint oil to a basic formula of petrolatum, cocoa butter and vitamin E. The scent is a fabulous dark chocolate and mint combination. I mean really fabulous. I put some on my lips the other evening and my fiance thought I smelled like a chocolate delicacy. Very tempting. I will say though that when this is on the lips, you can slightly taste the petrolatum(vaseline). Again, it is very, very slight. If this is no bother to you and you like dark chocolate with mint, you must try this. In regards to moisturizing the lips, I find this makes my lips very soft. The cocoa butter and the vitamin E are great for keeping lips soft and kissable. The petrolatum is debatable in regards to the real moisturizing properties it possesses. I have never had a problem with it. In any case, this product is a real gem. I recommend it.

on 4/26/2007 12:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This is fabulous lip balm! The best things about it are 1) price - it's soo cheap, give it a try! 2) the smell - mmmm slightly chocolately, not too sickly and sweet, even my boyfriend likes it! 3) the texture - this is probably the best bit for me. Other lip balms are too waxy and feel like they leave a thick layer on your lips. This one is more oily so smooths on like a dream and has barely any weight even though it lasts for ages!

on 4/25/2007 4:31:00 PM

Go for it. It's a great product. I keep them all over the house. I would say this product holds up and wins hands down over some of the more expensive lip balms I've randomly purchased.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

After reading the reviews on this product, I decided to purchase it and it was worth the money. I love it. I keep my hands off of it. I put it on before any lip gloss or lip stick and before going to bed at night. I can see a big difference in my lips. They stay smooth and my lip products go on much better.

on 2/6/2007 5:59:00 PM

This is my swiss-army-knife-of-my-bag. I use this on my lips and it is the only balm I will ever buy again. I also use it on my hands and massage a bit into my cuticles when I'm looking ragged. It is also a fabulous emergency hair smoother - I just take a little bit, melt it in my hands and scrunch it into my naturally curly hair to tame frizzies and add shine.

The handiest little stick EVER.

on 2/6/2007 5:34:00 PM

Love this for my lips. I use it every night before bed and wake up to soft moisturized lips. What else can I say...YAY!

on 1/29/2007 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really love this stuff. It makes my lips smooth and never dries them out like Burt's Bees did. I use this for my cuticles too.

on 1/23/2007 11:27:00 PM

This has become a staple. It works great for touching up any dry areas on face, but for the most part i use it on the lips. Smells amazing (as does the rest of the cocoa butter line), packaging is simple. Would definitely buy again.

on 1/22/2007 1:36:00 PM

For about $2 what on earth is not to like about this stuff? Even if I paid a lot more and this was called some fancy balm I would be as thrilled as I am right now. It smells like chocolate in a good way and keeps my lips free from being chapped. My BF even stole mine and raves about it too. His lips are usually chapped all winter but this stuff has kept them smooth and soft. It's not at all waxy feeling and really works. Excellent product.

on 1/21/2007 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This winter has been colder than usual, so it's been wreaking havoc on my lips. Well on a recent trip to CVS, I noticed this next to the lotions. Being a big fan of Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lotion, I decided to get this. I'm so happy that I did! Although it comes in a big sort of clumsy tube, this stuff is wonderful. My lips are no longer cracked and peeling, and my lipstick goes on so smoothly now. I also enjoy the sort of chocolatey scent, almost exactly like the lotion. I've liked this so much so far, that I'll probably go back for another tube to treat dry skin patches.