April 19, 2014 | 1741 users online

Powder - BeneFit Cosmetics - Hello Flawless!

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 1:32:00 AM More reviews by kitten14

I bought this a year ago when I was going through a bad skin phase... wanted something that gave me some coverage but that didn't look too cakey. Since I never really used pressed powder before, I hardly knew the difference between good and bad, and I figured that paying $38 for a powder would guarantee the best results. Little did I know that this would be such a disappointment. I only used it for less than a month before what little powder is in the pan cracked into a million little pieces. You get so little powder in this compact and the coverage is so sheer that you have to layer it to get anywhere. The only thing I like about this is the box that it comes in, which is what I wished the compact looked like.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2010 1:17:00 AM More reviews by dpowe003

I did get compliments on my skin once in a while whenever I wore this foundation. However, I found that it wasn't really buildable. I still needed to use a concealer to cover up problem areas. It did provide a nice light coverage for the rest of my face though.

I might buy this again in the future, but I'm experimenting with other foundations right now since I wasn't 100% thrilled with this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2010 6:47:00 AM More reviews by NC41

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate this! coverage is too sheer, and the SA sold me totally the wrong colour (my own foolishness for not checking in daylight i suppose). AVOID...

EDIT: maybe its my application. Using my too dark one as a coutour powder, which is good as v blendable

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 7:37:00 AM More reviews by mikxoh

Been using this for over a year - maybe two years now that I think about it. Anyway, I've been through 2 of these, working through my 3rd one. I have super acne prone skin & it is best NOT to wear any makeup. But considering I am a girl who wants to cover up unwanted marks, that's not an option for me. I have tried many foundations & this is the only one which I have found positive CONSISTENT results. A few times during the year, my face will almost be acne free but finals week rolls by & my face undergoes havoc. Even through my ups & downs with blemishes, this product provides the coverage I need. I guess the SPF is nice, doesn't really matter to me since I use a sunscreen before it [spf 100+ neutrogena, wssup?!]. I don't look cakey - a quick brush of this powder across my face & I'm set to go. I'll keep on buyin' this stuff until I'm brave enough to try something new. god knows my skin hates trying new products.

Lastly, avoid flash photography, you'll look washed out & ghostly pale with this on [there's SPF in it remember?]. If you want a nice one-night use foundation, MUFE is photo-friendly - be warned though, that stuff may break you out but that's another review.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2010 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Saralovesmakeup

I'm on my fourth buy of this which speaks for itself!
I have patches prone to redness, visible pores, am no stranger to a few spots every now and then and some scarring (aka an absolute nightmare!) but this is a fantastic covering powder for those who want a high level of coverage and it has an SPF 15 which is always an added plus of any face product imo...
I use a primer, liquid foundation, and then this, before I move onto blusher/bronzer. I'd reccommend using the sponge, as the brush it comes with is rubbish, and it goes on better anyway with a sponge anyway., patting in on the problem areas especially. The packaging is quite boxy, it seems so it can include the brush as well as the sponge when the brush is unnecessary in the first place.
However, it's by far my favourite powder I've ever tried for effective coverage and find my skin does look so much nicer, but had to take one lippy off as you really don't get much product for the price, its normally about 24.50 and you only get 7g which isn't much at all really!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by luv4cheapmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I very much liked this powder. It blended great and gave my face a matte look. Great coverage, especially on spots with the sponge. It's a cheaper alternative to Lancome's versatile powder, which I still have not tried.

Only thing is my face is OILY and cannot be curred. So I make sure I use very little primer and lightly apply the powder to my forehead, since that is the darkest part of my face anyways.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this based on the positive reviews here. And I do like it. I wear it over sunscreen lotion and really only put it on my nose and chin and maybe my cheeks as a base for a powder blusher if I'm going in that direction.

But here is my one negative comment. As a woman in her mid-fifties with some lines and a wrinkle or two plus some patchy dryness, I find that it just clings to those areas and doesn't stay on as long as I need it to on the oily areas like my nose. So when I reapply, I really have to avoid the dry, lined areas. It's a lot of work for a powder!

Nonetheless, I can certainly see how younger women love this product. It just takes a little more work for faces over fifty. I like to review products with that demographic in mind and started a blog called www.facesoverfifty.com. I come to MUA to read all the reviews but sometimes ithings look a little different on faces over fifty.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by ItsInHisKiss

I have a little story regarding Hello Flawless! When I first moved to this city I wanted to explore. I went exploring down a street known for cool little shops, and while I was perusing I stumbled upon a woman outside who gave me a little flyer and begged that I come in the shop. So, I followed her into the shop where she plopped me down on a seat and started putting all sorts of makeup on me. I didn't mind, because it felt nice to feel pampered until she gave me a list of things she had used on me and now expected me to buy. WHOA. I said, well jeez I can really only afford one thing. That one thing was Hello Flawless! powder. Now, I proceeded to use this 30 dollar powder until it absolutely ran dry. But it wasn't because I necessarily thought it worked better than the other powders I already had, I just wanted to feel like I spent my money on something I could use. As a matter of fact, I felt like my N.Y.C. powder did a better job at setting my foundation and adding that last touch to my makeup. So, bottom line is this (for me at least), I don't really think this is the miracle, cure-all powder for girls who want a flawless look. It was actually quite disappointing for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by ahitter

I love this product. I'm fair with combo skin, but my oily parts are extremely oily. I have been using Bare Minerals, but the fair tones are too pink for me, and the yellow offerings are far to yellow. I don't need a full coverage foundation either, I want a nice, natural finish. Not too matte and not sparkly. I also need it to be color true, and this does the trick.

I also want my make-up routine to be under 10 minutes. I have high standards.

Hello Flawless does that for me. Here's my tried and true routine:

-Murad oil control mattifier spf 15
-Stila One Step Correct (Primer)
-Benefit Some Kind-A Gorgeous
-Benefit Boi-oing Concealer (great for oily gals)
-Hello Flawless in (T-zone only)

I finish with blush, a swipe of taupe shadow, Tarte 4 Day Lash Stain (which is also AMAZING), and a swipe of gloss.

Done--and it looks polished. I can see clients and be confident that I'm putting my best face forward.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by ALYSSATIME

I finally found the best powder ever. This works really well if you like medium to full coverage. I love that this product is build able and its only powder. Say goodbye to any liquid or cream foundation! The only cons about this product is the price, but I would buy this again once I'm out.