September 16, 2014 | 1194 users online

Powder - BeneFit Cosmetics - Hello Flawless!

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 9:55:00 AM More reviews by LondonKazza

I bought this foundation a few weeks ago and have been wearing it every weekday (I'm always in a rush in the mornings!) and what I love is how quick this is to use, I use the sponge and can do my face in about a minute! I am pale with really rosy cheeks and this product really tones down the redness and leaves me looking flawless.

I do find that within a few hours my skin has started to get oily in my t-zone but a quick touch up and I'm good again!

I have read other reviews that say this product runs out quickly so I'm a bit concerned it will run out and end up not being value for money.

I also really like the packaging - very cute!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by fierymermaid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have combination skin, very pale with pink undertones. I have a hard time finding make-up that doesn't have yellow undertones, and this actually fit the bill. It looks amazing when it's first put on, but I start looking oily after just a couple of hours. While the packaging is nice, there is not much product in the the container. I don't mind paying a lot for make-up when it is quality, but this doesn't have staying power or very much product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I hadn't bought a foundation or powder in years and was feeling a little unsure. So i was color matched by a Beneƒit SA in a Beneƒit shop on a bright sunny day with good light.
I really like the packaging. The compact is nice portable box, mirror included, powder section lifts up to reveal a space underneath for both brush and sponge. It is very practical.
I wore this a few times and realized theSA had given me a color that was WAAAY too dark - i'm between 15 and 20 MAC, but a bit more neutral. So i took it back,explained the problem, and a different SA matched me, giving me a lighter color. After wearing it a while i could see that it, too, was way too dark. Now it sits in the bottom of my makeup box, although i occasionally use it for contouring.
Additionally, the powder itself is rather coarse. And the texture was not really suitable for my dry skin, being quite matte and making me look mummified. I was also disappointed that i was TWICE given wrong colors by Beneƒit's supposedly trained makeup SAs. If they're on commission, they'd make just as much if they matched my skin tone, rather than the patch of hyperpigmentation on my jaw.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Hoshisma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Since Benefit continues NOT to offer color for deeper skintones, I cant say how this product works for me. I CAN say that people that I've seen wearing this look flat and ashen. Ewww

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by jekki012

I went in to Sephora to replace my Urban Decay Surreal Skin Mineral Makeup and the SA insisted that this was going to blow me away. I was not blown away. The packaging is cute as with all Benefit products; I really liked that it had 2 tiers and included the tools you would need to adjust the amount of coverage you wanted. However, the powder itself was drying, even with a layer of moisturizer, and I didn;t like how it made my skin dull. It's almost like the powder absorbed all the light in the room like a black hole, and although it left an "airbrushed finish", the smoothness was not worth the dulling and hence aging quality. Although UD's mineral makeup leaves a relatively matte finish for a mineral makeup, I liked how it made my skin look luminous rather than dead. I'm returning this to Sephora today.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by angellbing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Best powder foundation I've tried so far. I received a sample of this (a bit of powder on a postcard, basically) and couldn't believe how good my foundation looked with a bit of this brushed over it. It didn't make me cakey or powdery, it gave me a nice finish and a bit of extra coverage. I do have oily skin, so if you have dry skin, I may not recommend using this over additional foundation, but it worked well for me. I've also used this over concealer (as the only foundation), and it gives decent coverage that way, as well. (I have acne issues and scarring, so I always try to use liquid foundation as well, but I've used this alone in a pinch.) "All the World's My Stage" is a perfect match for my color this time of year. I'm hoping I'll find a shade to match me in the summer as well.

The packaging is a bit bulky (a separate compartment for the included sponge and brush, which I never use). The powder itself can be a bit dusty in use as well. I tap my kabuki into it, rather than swirling, otherwise it makes a mess. My only complaints, apart from the price, but I know Benefit's price range and don't fault them too harshly for this product, as it's in line with their prices in general.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2011 8:02:00 PM More reviews by staceisace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had this tried on me today and hated it. I agree with anyone who said it made their skin look dull. The artist applied it over the makeup I already had on and it made me look worse than I did before I went to the counter! It might work for oily skins but even on my t-zone which sometimes gets greasy, it was very drying. A miss for BeneFit this time!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2011 5:53:00 AM More reviews by lupercalia

I LOVE this product! I used it as a foundation, with no powder, no primer, nothing! And my skin looked amazing! Unfortunately it ended and I didn't buy more because it's way too expensive for me... Another negative thing was that when I opened it for the first time it broke apart and I had to put it elsewhere. I used it everyday with the sponge it brought. Flawless!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by breknee

I absolutely LOVED this product. I have large pores and this did not settle in but instead hid them and my face really did look flawless. The price is around 35 dollars but is well worth it. The powder is on top of the compact with the brush and sponge in the bottom compartment. The only con was this product made me break out even more. I have combination skin and really can't use anything at all on my face or else I break out even more. I can't wait for this phase to pass so I can purchase this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by ctucker828

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the smooth finish that this powder gives. Since liquid make up has proven not an option for me, I use Bare Escentuals daily and top it off with Hello Flawless for more coverage. It feels great and has a smooth natural airbrushed finish, but I am not pleased with how much you get for the price. I will most likely buy again because I am only using it on top of my make up so hopefully I won't go through it too quickly. Packaging: Not sure why it comes with a little brush because it goes on best with a large powder brush...but I do keep the sponge in the container for quick touch ups when I go out.