October 23, 2014 | 2013 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Powder Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by xxtouchtheskyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It is my personal belief that with foundations and brushes, in order for them to work, you must find what works for you. Saying this, I lost this brush about a year ago and decided to try out the real techniques expert face brush. But for the past couple of months, liquid foundation wasn't sitting quite right on my skin, and now I know why! Wrong brush! So I repurchased this brush and discovered that the application of the foundation is just as important as the foundation itself!

I use this product to stipple liquid foundation on. It is a great brush because the bristles don't pick up too much product, and it allows it to be buffed and stippled on gently onto the skin. It also allows coverage to be built upon in certain places without being too much. Love it!

The pros: It's cheap, soft and give great application

The only con is that there can be quite a bit of shedding when you wash it

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by cocorawr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Before I bought my Real Techniques Powder Brush, I used this for my Alima mineral foundation and it worked wonderfully. Good coverage, good quality, and soft bristles. I accidentally got water in the metal part while washing it, so the glue came undone and the handle broke. The replacement I got was, unfortunately, already broken when I took it out of the package at home. Had to make another trip to return it, and that's when I decided to try Real Techniques. This (E.L.F.) brush is really dense, so it picks up a lot of product and buffers it well, but it takes a little longer to rinse the soap out and to dry than other brushes. Overnight is usually the best option. I'm still using Real Techniques brushes currently, but this was a really, really good brush, especially for the price! Try it; you won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by luciaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Amazing powder brush, even and flawless. I have only tried 2 powder brushes in the past, this $3 ELF powder brush, and a $55 Lancome #1 powder brush. As far as I can tell, they are comparable, so this is one case where $3 can be just as useful as $55. I wish I had discovered it sooner. And to be honest, i feel more comfortable using/washing a $3 product on a daily basis than the $55 one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Ariana4091

I got this brush mainly because it was crazy cheap ($3) and it looked very soft. The packaging is very convenient but I do recommend washing the brush before you use it because the packaging is openable so you don't know what dirty hands have touched it. As for the brush itself, best brush I own hands down . No shedding no fluffing no nothing!! Soft and dense... I LOVE IT!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Joeleam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This brush totally blew me away as far as quality goes. It's very soft, affordable, looks nice (in my opinion), and barely sheds.
Would definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by martini8787

Everyone needs this brush and lucky enough everyone can afford this brush! I can use it with liquid, cream and you guessed it powder. You can blend really well with this brush too. The only thing I would suggest is when you are picking up product with this brush use a light hand other wise you may pick up too much. GET IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by macabremakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is really a great, inexpensive brush...and it is so soft! I find myself reaching for this one some of my other more expensive face and powder brushes every day.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Shelby3387

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

great brush for $3! I use it to apply blush and foundation, it is good quality for $3 and mine hasn't shed at all. applys my foundation without any streaks, and is alright for blush. great buy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by gandiko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have had my brush for over 2 years and after near constant wear it only just started shedding when I wash it (and just barely, very acceptable imo). I think that's pretty decent for a $3 brush.

I wear a Skin79 pact powder over my BB cream (since I need its yellowish tint to correct the pinkish undertone the BB leaves me) and this is my favourite brush to use that with. It applies a nice even layer, although I attribute it mostly to the powder, which is honestly a miracle-worker for my skin. I also don't buff, I pat my powder on after my MU artist friend yelled at me for 'not knowing how to use brushes correctly' haha. This works well for that, applies the powder evenly.

For the price, this brush does the job and I would not mind repurchasing in the future. After reading these reviews, I'll try using this with my BB cream as a stippling brush, sounds like it could work :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

I understand trying to get a steal for a dupe of a high end brush. But this brush was horrible. It is soft and can be used to apply setting powder or foundation. And I like that it only costs $3 at Target.

But the brush sheds like crazy both during use and after washing. The wooden handle is very unstable. I was already on my way to crazy gluing the handle back with minimal use after 3 months.

Overall, I do not recommend this product. It comes out more expensive in the end. The brush is nearly a disposable. It needs replacement every 6 months, even with minimal use.