September 2, 2014 | 1539 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2009 4:47:00 PM More reviews by moondogfluffy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a gorgeous color. It is perfect for any occasion and looks professional but not stuffy. Its very pale and sheer, but it looks much more pulled together than clear polish. Essie's formulas are thin and smooth, never gloppy. I took off one lippy for the tiny, too-thin Essie brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

Another one of my favorite pale pink polishes. essie Mademoiselle is a classic sheer pink, no bells and whistles, no shimmer. It's a good no-brainer kind of color that is one of my stand-bys. Application is smooth every time. I usually put down one coat of Ballet Slippers, and then one coat of Mademoiselle for the perfect pinky/white. On it's own, it doesn't wow me .. but this is a perfect layering color for a polish that just needs a hint more pink for my preferences. The wear is great and it never streaks on me. I always turn to Essie for pales/sheers .. she just has the market on these!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 12:14:00 PM More reviews by je_taime

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First time buying an Essie polish and I love it! I bought this color because I'm always wearing nude on my tips. The formula is so nice that is was so easy for me to paint evenly with no streaks. The color is shiny and milky with a hint of pale pink. I will continue to buy Essie polishes from now on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by charb3

Pretty pink polish. It does not streak and I like three coats to get a bit of a milky effect. It dries super quick and has a lovely shine!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 11:03:00 AM More reviews by iramasson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

There is obviously almost a million reviews on this polish as it is the best selling in Essie. I bought it based on the good reviews. It is very glossy and easy to apply, but I wasn't happy with the way the color showed up in two layers with french white tips. It looked too cool and pale on my hands, unless I have too much red around my nails. I tried it without the white tips and it looked better. Would prefer something warmer for myself for french manicure.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2009 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Lexxe

I love this polish - I'm so glad to be done looking for the perfect neutral, I've found it! It's a great soft pink, but not pink enough to look little girly. Also, it has a really pretty shine to it. I think 2 coats looks the best, most finished without being too opaque. Zero streaks!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2009 4:18:00 AM More reviews by gnomixa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is certainly my staple nail polish. The color is gorgeous, it dried quickly and stays ON. LOVE it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2008 2:01:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous color! Pale pink polishes look the same in the bottle, but this one is the best. It's uber-sheer, so it works well with white for a French manicure and I can layer it to get the saturation of color that I want. In thin coats, like all of Essie's great polishes, this dries quickly. It resists chipping, but even when it does, the color has a great subtlety so it's barely noticeable. On my fingernails one thin coat brightens up my fingernails, looking natural, clean and sophisticated. I will probably use this up fast and will definitely buy another one when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2008 7:33:00 PM More reviews by mskatee

Mademoiselle plus Marshmallow equals french manicure perfection!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2008 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Schadenfrau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the Chanel No. 5 of nail polishes: more than just a classic, it is THE classic nail polish, especially if you've moved beyond painting your nails the outrageous trend color du jour. Mademoiselle is a very sheer, glossy, pale pink. Your nails but better, if you will. It is far less pink than the bottle makes it appear- on my nails it is just a notch above clear, but that's really all I'm looking for. The application is easy, and the product doesn't start to streak until you're around 3/4 of the way done with the bottle, at which point you should just go out and buy a new bottle. I've been doing that for years, and will continue to do so as long as Essie keep producing Mademoiselle.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No