September 17, 2014 | 1780 users online

Powder - Lancome - Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Pipi_hb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product! I have bought 4 of them(different color since I kept tanning since I moved to south) and I love them all.
It is come with 2 sponge/puff, which enables vairety in coverage. I always use the sponge since I need even the horrible blemish. and I use a brush to apply the powder as a finish touch. Since I got 4 different colors there is always one match the look i want.
Sleek package, suck puff... that's why I give it a 4 not 5

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by girleesmooch55

I am currently using this powder foundation because in the last year or so my skin has become quite oily, and my Teint Idole just wasn't looking as good as it used to:(. I love this powder tho! It gives me enough coverage without being too heavy or cakey even when my skin gets oily, it stays very matte. I used Clinique's Instant Perfector underneath it to minimize the look of pores, control oil, and help with the wear of the foundation. it works great! So far I have only used this product in the winter, but I'm thinking it will be good for summer as well since it is lighter coverage than what I normally wear.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2009 8:44:00 AM More reviews by tlw

I wish I got this in the fragarance free version. Very strong smell. I do really like this powder. I didn't need to reapply through out the day. It is kind of expensive for me right now, but I bought it anyway ;)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by laurenmt

This is my 3rd compact..(I am a NW35/40/Chanel 4.5/Cover FX e80 for reference) I use this in Matte Sand III...I love it..I have used pretty much every name brand, but I always come back to this. Not drying at all, nor is it oily, just right, and an occasional touch up. If you want sheer natural coverage use the sponge. If you want to set your powder for the heavier coverage, use the puff. Always beautiful and I don't break out with this formula.
UPDATE: I have stuck with it for a while, but I noticed the product no longer matches my skin in photos...oh well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2009 11:39:00 AM More reviews by katrpillar

My skin is sensitive and my pores can clog easily, but I have had good luck with Dual Finish. It can be hard to match my pale color, but this is perfect. I use it as a powder and apply it with a Bare Escentuals Full Flawless Face Brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 5:45:00 PM More reviews by bethd44

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Working on my second compact of this. I get a very nice light coverage by using it wet over Neutragena sunblock/moisturizer. It just evens out my skin, covering all the little spots and freckles. Usually, that's enough coverage for me. If I want a little more, I wait for it to dry and then lightly dust on a bit more with a soft face powder/blush brush. I love that it's portable with a nice big mirror. Easy to take to the gym. It's a bit pricey but one compact lasts me a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 4:54:00 PM More reviews by MaleficentFoxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite powder foundations! It goes very well with the Teint Idole Ultra liquid. I use this for touch ups or my mac blot powder. Definitely worth a look.

Offers good coverage without looking cakey and doesnt oxidize either. I would say the coverage is medium.

I'm NW20 in MAC so I have this in "Light Buff"

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 12:40:00 PM More reviews by annie_b

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased my second Dual Finish compact recently after finishing off my first one several years ago. I guess I didn't repurchase because I went through it relatively quickly (used up faster than liquid foundation, anyway) and because I had a slightly off color match that left me wanting to try something new. Anyway, fast forward to last week.. I went to the counter to return a different foundation (Photogenic Lumessance - not for me!) and I remembered how much I had liked Dual Finish.

Most powder foundations don't really work for me (recently I've tried MAC Studio Fix, Prescriptives AnyWear, and several mineral products). It's not that they're terrible, they just don't look right, they accentuate flakes, or the coverage seems weird to me. I generally prefer liquid foundation for these reasons. What separates Dual Finish from the other powder foundations I've tried is that there is no weird powdery finish, it feels pleasant rather than dry or tightening on my skin, it masks imperfections in my skin rather than accentuating them, and overall it just seems to enhance my skin rather than masking it under a layer of powder.

For light-medium coverage I use the sponge to pat and blend over my face and I find the result to be very natural-looking. It's still very much my skin, but polished, even-toned, and slightly velvety in appearance. This is a great everyday look for work because I don't look all made-up and artificial. For a more flawless look, say for photography or presentations, I would probably apply this lightly over Studio Fix Fluid or a similar foundation. When I have applied this wet in the past the color seems to darken - no idea why but I haven't tried again since.

I'm knocking off a lippie for this product for two reasons. First, the product does noticeably wear off during the day, and while it's easy enough to whip out my compact and touch up, I'd rather not have to. My face becomes a teensy bit shinier than I would like over the course of the day, and though I don't think it's going to make my skin oilier or break me out, I do wish that lovely velvety finish had more staying power. I will try a primer to keep the shine at bay but I'd rather not have to. Second - and this is a minor complaint - I'm not crazy about the smell. But apparently there is also a fragrance-free version of Dual Finish so that is easily enough taken care of.

In summary, this is the only powder foundation I've ever used that I could see repurchasing again and again. The shade selection is impressive so I think I'll always be able to find a good match whether I'm pale as a ghost or tan. Though I know I'll use this up more quickly than I would a liquid foundation -- that's just the way it goes with me and powder foundations -- the ease and speed of application is worth it. There is a reason why this product has remained in Lancome's line for many years. It doesn't get a lot of love here on MUA, but the next time you're at a Lancome counter, check it out.

UPDATE: Still loving this! I have been tempted to try some new foundations for the sake of novelty but I can't turn my back on Dual Finish. It really improves the overall look of my skin while appearing quite natural.

UPDATE 5/09: Still loving. The last SA matched me with a shade that was too dark, though the shade was surprisingly forgiving for such a mismatch (in hindsight). Now matched to Matte Linen I and very happy! My skin looks polished and velvety!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2008 7:51:00 PM More reviews by mxgirl2007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i really like this powder...its not complete crap like the mac studio pressed powder...alone gives a natural finish, and used to set liquid or creme foundation it gives an elegant and sophisticated look...definitely worth the money....gorgeous...will always be in my makeup bag

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2008 10:59:00 AM More reviews by juujuu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am new to Lancome products and tried this w/the photogenic foundation. This is day 3 and I have huge cystic pimples on my chin. My skin is oily and greasy and this powder doesn't help. I think I am returning all the products I bought from Lancome. I normally use clinique.