October 24, 2014 | 1989 users online

Powder - Lancome - Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Jenls27

I've used this for years and love it as an everyday compact to keep in your purse. I used to use it as a foundation on those lazy days I didn't want to apply liquid foundation but didn't get the coverage I needed. I've recently changed over to the Make Up Forever Duo foundation powder for more coverage and love it. But I will never give up the Lancome Dual Finish powder for my purse.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by royaljosieness

I used this a few years ago and I remember not liking it too much. I prefer my MAC Studio Fix powder. For me, Lancome's products are really iffy. Some products I'll LOVE and then some are just okay. This one is just okay. It didn't make my face matte for very long.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by thaichilisauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin with minor rosacea around my nose and because of that, I found I could only use this stuff wet (dampened the makeup sponge that came with the product). If I applied the powder directly on my face (either with the puff or a brush), my rosacea would get irritated and the product looked like it was just sitting on top of my face instead of blending in with the rest of my skin.

While it is a good foundation when used wet, I was going through the product SUPER FAST this way! It's not like this stuff is cheap either! I had to find an alternative as this just wasn't working for me.

I switched to MAC's StudioSculpt afterwards and used what I had left of my Lancome Dual Finish as a setting powder, which did actually work wonderfully!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Pipi_hb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product! I have bought 4 of them(different color since I kept tanning since I moved to south) and I love them all.
It is come with 2 sponge/puff, which enables vairety in coverage. I always use the sponge since I need even the horrible blemish. and I use a brush to apply the powder as a finish touch. Since I got 4 different colors there is always one match the look i want.
Sleek package, suck puff... that's why I give it a 4 not 5

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by girleesmooch55

I am currently using this powder foundation because in the last year or so my skin has become quite oily, and my Teint Idole just wasn't looking as good as it used to:(. I love this powder tho! It gives me enough coverage without being too heavy or cakey even when my skin gets oily, it stays very matte. I used Clinique's Instant Perfector underneath it to minimize the look of pores, control oil, and help with the wear of the foundation. it works great! So far I have only used this product in the winter, but I'm thinking it will be good for summer as well since it is lighter coverage than what I normally wear.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2009 8:44:00 AM More reviews by tlw

I wish I got this in the fragarance free version. Very strong smell. I do really like this powder. I didn't need to reapply through out the day. It is kind of expensive for me right now, but I bought it anyway ;)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by laurenmt

This is my 3rd compact..(I am a NW35/40/Chanel 4.5/Cover FX e80 for reference) I use this in Matte Sand III...I love it..I have used pretty much every name brand, but I always come back to this. Not drying at all, nor is it oily, just right, and an occasional touch up. If you want sheer natural coverage use the sponge. If you want to set your powder for the heavier coverage, use the puff. Always beautiful and I don't break out with this formula.
UPDATE: I have stuck with it for a while, but I noticed the product no longer matches my skin in photos...oh well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2009 11:39:00 AM More reviews by katrpillar

My skin is sensitive and my pores can clog easily, but I have had good luck with Dual Finish. It can be hard to match my pale color, but this is perfect. I use it as a powder and apply it with a Bare Escentuals Full Flawless Face Brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 5:45:00 PM More reviews by bethd44

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Working on my second compact of this. I get a very nice light coverage by using it wet over Neutragena sunblock/moisturizer. It just evens out my skin, covering all the little spots and freckles. Usually, that's enough coverage for me. If I want a little more, I wait for it to dry and then lightly dust on a bit more with a soft face powder/blush brush. I love that it's portable with a nice big mirror. Easy to take to the gym. It's a bit pricey but one compact lasts me a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 4:54:00 PM More reviews by MaleficentFoxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite powder foundations! It goes very well with the Teint Idole Ultra liquid. I use this for touch ups or my mac blot powder. Definitely worth a look.

Offers good coverage without looking cakey and doesnt oxidize either. I would say the coverage is medium.

I'm NW20 in MAC so I have this in "Light Buff"