July 30, 2014 | 987 users online

Loose Powders - New York Color - loose translucent powder

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2006 7:56:00 PM More reviews by YellowroseofTexas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a love/hate product. I know some have said it is a cheaper MAC blot. I didn't like it. I'm super oily and MAC blot helps control the oil perfectly. This one does not, for me. It did not control oil and it left a chalky finish. I am a DDD (NW45) and I realize it's translucent but......not for me. I'll stick w/MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2006 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Elevator_Girl

I got one of these in Translucent and one in Naturally Beige during a buy 1 get 1 50% off sale at RiteAid (regularly $2.99 each). The translucent is definitely a good color match for me. It's a light skin color, whereas Naturally Beige is substantially darker with a pink cast and is too dark for my skin. This powder is light and absorbs oil well. A terrific value even at regular price. Comes in a 20g plastic sifter jar with a snap on lid. Ingredients are: Talc, Zinc Stearate, Calcium Silicate, Kaolin, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour, Boron Nitride, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Isopropyl Palmitate, Quaternium-15. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines. Made in U.S.A.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2006 5:24:00 PM More reviews by SexyLittleMe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Beautiful results! I'd always used the $20 Elizabeth Arden loose powder until I tried this. I've used it for years--you can't go wrong. Much better than traditional drugstore-brand loose powders like Coty and Cornsilk--it is not yellow or orange at all, just soft clean-looking color.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2006 6:59:00 PM More reviews by hastick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have use them all. This is simply the best, better than all the rest. The price $2.50.CAD.Translucent is truely that. The only thing that I did not like about this powder was the powder puff that comes with it. HIGHLY RECOMENDED.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2006 5:17:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

This loose powder is fabulous...and so cheap too! Awesome.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2006 5:14:00 PM More reviews by nova

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is not meant for those w/dry skin. Works great for those who want to control oil. I believe it is because of the Kaolin in its ingrediants. I only use on T-zone. Try to apply lightly, as too much may make you look too white. A little goes a long way, but tend not to use this much, as it makes the skin look too pasty white

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2006 10:04:00 AM More reviews by skitzkid1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It works and absorbs oil well. It really evens out skintone, but the sifter is odd and you really need to use a brush with it, not the cosmetic sponge it comes with. Also, don't put it in your purse because the top will come right off.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2006 7:08:00 PM More reviews by huka07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

two thumbs up for this powder..I've never experienced smooth looking complexion with other powder, but with this sets my face glowing after the oil of olay shine free foundation. It lasts long, and yeah,I use brush to apply, what I do is pour little powder inside the lid, then swirl the brush, tap the excess, and apply it to my face.
The price is unbeatable, got it under $3 from walmart.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2006 12:36:00 AM More reviews by threekit

This stuff is surprising. I usually don't wear powders or foundations because I hate the feeling of wearing makeup on my face all day and mostly because I generally don't need it. But I saw this at the store for about $3.29 CAD and decided to try it.

As a lot of others have said, the powder puff and the sifter are pretty much useless (which is why I scored them fairly low for packaging quality), so if you take those out and apply with a brush, this powder is great. It really evens out my skintone and sets my makeup very well, yet doesn't break me out at all. It gives my skin such a smooth/soft texture without looking chalky or like I'm wearing makeup at all.

The only thing I don't really like is that the container makes for extremely messy application, but I can live with it.

I usually go for higher-end products, but NYC has surprised me lately! probably will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2006 12:23:00 AM More reviews by sara_smiles426

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Hands down the best powder I've tried. THis really enhances my makeup wear, evens out my skintone, and doesn't break the bank. I've already repurchased once and will likely continue to do so. This is so finely milled, lovely :)