April 16, 2014 | 1578 users online

Loose Powders - New York Color - loose translucent powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2006 6:59:00 PM More reviews by hastick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have use them all. This is simply the best, better than all the rest. The price $2.50.CAD.Translucent is truely that. The only thing that I did not like about this powder was the powder puff that comes with it. HIGHLY RECOMENDED.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2006 5:17:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

This loose powder is fabulous...and so cheap too! Awesome.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2006 5:14:00 PM More reviews by nova

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is not meant for those w/dry skin. Works great for those who want to control oil. I believe it is because of the Kaolin in its ingrediants. I only use on T-zone. Try to apply lightly, as too much may make you look too white. A little goes a long way, but tend not to use this much, as it makes the skin look too pasty white

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2006 10:04:00 AM More reviews by skitzkid1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It works and absorbs oil well. It really evens out skintone, but the sifter is odd and you really need to use a brush with it, not the cosmetic sponge it comes with. Also, don't put it in your purse because the top will come right off.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2006 7:08:00 PM More reviews by huka07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

two thumbs up for this powder..I've never experienced smooth looking complexion with other powder, but with this sets my face glowing after the oil of olay shine free foundation. It lasts long, and yeah,I use brush to apply, what I do is pour little powder inside the lid, then swirl the brush, tap the excess, and apply it to my face.
The price is unbeatable, got it under $3 from walmart.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2006 12:36:00 AM More reviews by threekit

This stuff is surprising. I usually don't wear powders or foundations because I hate the feeling of wearing makeup on my face all day and mostly because I generally don't need it. But I saw this at the store for about $3.29 CAD and decided to try it.

As a lot of others have said, the powder puff and the sifter are pretty much useless (which is why I scored them fairly low for packaging quality), so if you take those out and apply with a brush, this powder is great. It really evens out my skintone and sets my makeup very well, yet doesn't break me out at all. It gives my skin such a smooth/soft texture without looking chalky or like I'm wearing makeup at all.

The only thing I don't really like is that the container makes for extremely messy application, but I can live with it.

I usually go for higher-end products, but NYC has surprised me lately! probably will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2006 12:23:00 AM More reviews by sara_smiles426

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Hands down the best powder I've tried. THis really enhances my makeup wear, evens out my skintone, and doesn't break the bank. I've already repurchased once and will likely continue to do so. This is so finely milled, lovely :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2006 2:01:00 PM More reviews by iluvboyz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a pretty good loose translucent powder! It doesn't go orange when you start to get oily like some powders I have tried in the past do. This does last you forever. I think I have had mine for more than 6 months and theres still tons. I apply it with a big loose powder brush. It does however make me a little chalky so I have to apply it very lightly. It doesn't control my oily skin in my t-zone. Overall, it's a good product for it's price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2006 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Snackmeister

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this because of its purported oil-absorbing qualities. I've been a devoted user of Coty Airspun loose powder fragrance free version, and that power has always given my face a silky, even quality, but it's not the best for keeping the greasies at bay. Well, this product is very good for the price, I'll say. The good points: it's definitely better at absorbing oil than the Coty Airspun; it gets me a good one or two hours more wear before I have to bring out the C&C blotting sheets. The bad points: Upon application, it doesn't look quite as smooth as does the Airspun. In particular, doesn't conceal the huge pores on my nose quite as well when I look up close in the mirror, but I doubt the difference is noticeable to anyone else. I like this fine and I will use it up and perhaps buy more. For $1.99, it's a steal. P.S. I think the packaging, though flimsy, is cheerful and cute.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2006 5:09:00 PM More reviews by SweetSoup

This is such an amazing powder. I have been using this for months now. I previously used Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil, which worked alright but was very expensive and I was constantly oily. This is soooo cheap, I found mine at a Target for under US $3. Yeah, the packaging does suck, and you need a powder brush to use it, but it's such great quality! I have also tried Sonia Kasuk loose powder, which washed me out and seemed a little heavier than this. I like using this powder for a natural, fresh look, and it controls my oil SO much better than BE mineral veil. My younger sister who is VERY dark conpared to me wears this also, so translucent apparently works for all skin types! A+!