October 1, 2014 | 2016 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by basmah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited when Moroccanoil became available in my country. I had seen all these reviews on blogs and youtube for over a year, so I immediately bought the smaller bottle to try it out. And I must say, Iīm disappointed. Not because itīs a bad product, because it isnīt. But I feel that itīs incredibly overpriced (almost 40 Euros for the normal bottle, and 14.95 Euros for the smaller one). I can get a bottle of 100 ml pure argan oil for 24 Euros, so I feel pretty ripped off. In addition. this product is mostly sillicone. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind sillicone in hair products, but I do mind the fact that it's marketed for the argan oil it contains, while that isn't even the main component (and am I the only person who is bothered by the fact that it's called Moroccanoil. and that uniqueness of argan oil because it can only be grown in Morocco and blablabla is emphasized, while it's actually made in Israel?). As for it's performance, I'm underwhelmed. I know I shouldn't be, because I have used plenty of sillicone based serums that contained plant oils, so I know how they work. But this one is just so expensive and it doesn't perform any better than for example, my Gliss Kur Oil Nutritive Spray (which is only 6 Euros). It's not a bad serum. it makes my har nice and soft and shiny and everything, but it's nothing special. I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Liane86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff! I have long, dry, damaged hair and this makes it feel so soft and look so shiney! Also smells sooo good! I haven't been wearing perfume lately because I have a 2 moth 'old, who is close to me a lot, and since I've been using this people started complimenting me and asking me which perfume I am wearing. It's really expensive, but so is perfume, and that doesn't do anything other than smell good.. This is defenitely a keeper, my hair has never looked so good. Oh, and the best part is; it doesn't make your hair greasy or weigh it down at all!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Shawneegirl

I have fine, thick, curly hair. I used Moroccanoil products for almost 3 years and couldn't say a bad thing about them. But, then after a while it seems I started to need more and more product (Frizz control cream and the oil) to make the frizz go away. In addition to needing more product I started to find my sclap was becoming very irritated. No matter if I washed more or less it was really becoming a problem. Needless to say I have moved on, and though I do miss the smell I am very happy with my new product and how my hair and scalp feel.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by TeaMonkey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butylphenyl Methyl Propional, Argania Spinoza Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Fragrance Supplement, D&C Yellow-11, D&C Red-17, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone
I got samples of this. This is a glorified silicone/natural oils blend with trace amounts of the actual Moroccan argan oil. It works like a charm, great as a heat protector, smoothing frizzies and making hair silkier and more fluid-like. Too much and it's grease city.

However, nothing justifies the price. Pure organic argan oil can in fact be cheaper than this, depending on the source. I'm annoyed by our whole branding culture where the companies feel entitled to overcharge for nothing but dirt cheap chemicals and pretty packaging. And we convince ourselves that a 50$ synthetic molecule works better than the same 5$ one. It doesn't.

This also won't moisturize you hair because silicones don't penetrate the hair shaft, rather they smooth out the surface.

A much cheaper and better alternative would be to buy a cheap silicone blend, like countless hair serums available (I prefer cyclomethicone and dimethicone over cyclopentasiloxane as they're more lightweight) and mixing that with any amount of actual organic argan or macadamia oil you prefer (I also like apricot kernel oil). I've been doing this for a decade now. A bit of experimenting and you'll probably end up with a smoothing serum that's better and definitely cheaper than this overrated product. And it won't burn a hole in your wallet.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Easytigerrr

I am absolutely in love with Moroccan oil! I started using it last year when I was bleaching my hair monthly, and it was so fried that it was slowly getting shorter due to breakage. Once I started using this product my hair looked and felt much more healthy! I tried another, cheaper version when I finished my first bottle and threw out the bottle after a month. I found using Moroccan oil even if i accidentally added to much, it wasn't too greasy, whereas the other kind (one n' only), I'd I put any more than a dime size my hair looked like I hadn't showered in weeks. Very expensive, especially for a university student, but so worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by ontheverge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE the original moroccanoil! I have long, thick, curly, dry hair and recent highlights have almost destroyed my hair. My hair is so dry that it's barely curling any more, but has turned into a nasty straw-like texture. I globbed on too much the first time I used moroccanoil, but luckily kept it away from my scalp and just focused on the bottom half of my hair where the most damage is. My hair dried naturally into its usual mass of big spirals with tons of shine and body. Even better, the next day I was able to brush it and despite brushing out my curls which is normally a huge disaster, I had zero frizz and luscious waves. I try to limit my blow outs, but when I use moroccan oil, my drying time is way shorter (20 minutes instead of 45) and I have minimal frizziness. No more using a serum afterwards!

Also, i tried the organix coconut serum as people were saying it's a cheaper than moroccan oil but has the same effect...definitely NOT. The organix stuff greased up my hair, made it feel oily all the time (even the damaged ends!), and made my hair limp and lifeless. Moroccan oil it is!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by BostonKel

This is my go-to for silky soft hair. It smells wonderful and a little bit goes a long way.

When my hair is feeling a bit dry (thanks to Canadian winters) I use a bit of this in my ends at night and my hair feels luxuriously soft the morning after washing it.

This is one product that I keep stocked all-year round. A bit pricey, but it lasts quite a long time so the price is great in the long run.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by roxcandymountain

I have blonde, chemically treated hair that is just past my shoulders. It is fine but I have a lot of it and I often find it hard to make it look shiny and soft and not dry, fluffy, and "old" looking.
This product makes my hair supple, soft and smell great.
I put a dime-sized amount in my hair when it's towel dried (not too wet or it will dry away) and I style my hair as usual (blowdry, etc.)
On the "second-day" hair, I apply a tiny bit all over my hands and rake through my hair (concentrating at ends) and then I curl or straighten my hair and it gives it some life.
I love this product! It costs a lot at the beginning but you'll have the bottle FOREVER! And it really works!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 9:50:00 AM More reviews by mickduf

I have very fine hair that gets thinner all the time. It gets weighed down easily but I LOVE this product. I usually put in when my hair is wet, first thing out of the shower (on my colored hair) and it makes my hair so smooth. A warning when using oil for anyones hair....less is more!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2012 9:01:00 AM More reviews by jilltaylor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this on my hair dressers recommendation because my hair always looks incredible after he uses it on me. But once I got it home...eh. I use the tiniest dime sized amount for my long thick hair. Use a tad too much and its grease city. I can't put it anywhere near my roots either. I'm not really sure about how well it treats and conditions hair because I honestly can't tell a difference when I use this and when I don't, other than the incredibly delicious smell. I don't think I"ll buy this again but I'll finish what I have. It's not pure argan oil, it's simply an exotic looking hair oil with silicone in it. I think the smell and the Moroccan name are its biggest selling points. I've had better results with Paul Mitchell super skinny serum.