November 22, 2014 | 1754 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 3:07:00 AM More reviews by Kavila1

LOVE!! a little goes a long way with this product. Tames my long, frizzy hair and leaves it smooth and glossy. I also use it on my body for a soft glow as it leaves my skin super soft too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 9:20:00 AM More reviews by SkinnyCow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've used this off and on for years. Never have been very excited about it, until yesterday. I found the REAL purpose for it :

IT DETANGLES.

WOW. I am ENDLESSLY on the hunt for detangler. One that is not too heavy, its like trying to find a unicorn. I have tried sprays, leave ins etc.. I have fine shoulder length wavy / curly hair that I straighten and its colored / highlighted.

WOW. Put it on tangly hair wet just-out-of-the-shower hair, combed right through. Blow dried straight with just a vent brush, didn't have to straight iron, REALLY helped with the frizziness. I have some broken hair towards my scalp that sometimes pop up, this smoothed everything down, and its not heavy. I normally wash 2x a week, sometimes 3, I don't like heavy stuff on my hair. This is light enough. I don't use the light version, just normal, and I don't use much. Sometimes I smooth on ends after hair is dry, it helps add weight to my fine hair, but its not heavy. Love.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by VioletDesire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought 100ml of this for Ģ25 when I got a dramatic haircut. My hair is mid back, frizzy, wavy/curly 2c, very thick and pretty dry. The salon I went to use the whole moroccanoil range. The stylist put this on my hair before blowdrying and before straightening. It left my hair feeling as though heat hadn't been near it. Yes, it's full of cones, but my hair seems to do ok with them so I don't avoid silicone in general.

Usually straightening my hair lasts less than a day before slight waves make an appearance. When I use this before and/or after my GHDs, my hair is still sleek, straight and flat (my hair seems to grow out not down so I worship flat hair!) for two days after. It makes my straightening as good as a professionals.

Would have rated it 5 overall, but it really is hideously overpriced. If it was pure Argan oil I could understand....but silicone doesn't cost that much ;)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 3:14:00 AM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I ended up giving this away. It really didn't do anything for my hair, didn't make it more manageable or seemingly more healthy no matter how I used it (and I never seemed to be able to use enough on the ends to make a difference) but it didn't weigh it down or make it greasy. Granted, my hair doesn't respond to much to things like this and it tends to just drink this kind of stuff, so I suppose it isn't much of a surprise.
Packing is ok. The larger bottle is heavy glass with a reclosable pump bottle (yet mine still leaked). The smaller travel/sample size is also glass with a screw on cap.
This is coming from a fan of incense: the scent was something I enjoyed initially but it quickly became overpowering and gross...sort of a mildew, earthy, head shop kind of scent. (I'd far prefer something fresh smelling on my hair.)
My hair: bsl, very damaged bottom 2 inches, the rest is color treated but healthy, shiny, soft. poofy, fine waves. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best product I have ever used for my long, frizzy, wavy hair. I don't chemically treat my hair and barely blow style or use heat on it, but the texture is still frizzy. This makes my hair soft, extremely shiny, and completely frizz-free. Even though this is expensive, around 50 dollars for 3.4 ounces, it is worth the money to have smooth hair. I used this all summer last year, and still have half a bottle, since a nickel size amount works. This works wonders for the ends of my hair, which are more frizzy than the rest of my hair. I begin at the ends and work my way to the roots, so there's less product at the root.

This does make my wavy hair less wavy, so it slightly straightens my hair, which is a problem if I want wavy beach hair in the summer. I received a lot of compliments from strangers. In the winter, it's a little too greasy for my hair, but I don't have frizz problems as much in winter, so the Moroccanoil cream works well in winter.

I recommend this product to anyone who has thick, frizzy hair. They also make a "light" version, so if this is too heavy, then try the lighter version.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by basmah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited when Moroccanoil became available in my country. I had seen all these reviews on blogs and youtube for over a year, so I immediately bought the smaller bottle to try it out. And I must say, Iīm disappointed. Not because itīs a bad product, because it isnīt. But I feel that itīs incredibly overpriced (almost 40 Euros for the normal bottle, and 14.95 Euros for the smaller one). I can get a bottle of 100 ml pure argan oil for 24 Euros, so I feel pretty ripped off. In addition. this product is mostly sillicone. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind sillicone in hair products, but I do mind the fact that it's marketed for the argan oil it contains, while that isn't even the main component (and am I the only person who is bothered by the fact that it's called Moroccanoil. and that uniqueness of argan oil because it can only be grown in Morocco and blablabla is emphasized, while it's actually made in Israel?). As for it's performance, I'm underwhelmed. I know I shouldn't be, because I have used plenty of sillicone based serums that contained plant oils, so I know how they work. But this one is just so expensive and it doesn't perform any better than for example, my Gliss Kur Oil Nutritive Spray (which is only 6 Euros). It's not a bad serum. it makes my har nice and soft and shiny and everything, but it's nothing special. I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Liane86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff! I have long, dry, damaged hair and this makes it feel so soft and look so shiney! Also smells sooo good! I haven't been wearing perfume lately because I have a 2 moth 'old, who is close to me a lot, and since I've been using this people started complimenting me and asking me which perfume I am wearing. It's really expensive, but so is perfume, and that doesn't do anything other than smell good.. This is defenitely a keeper, my hair has never looked so good. Oh, and the best part is; it doesn't make your hair greasy or weigh it down at all!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Shawneegirl

I have fine, thick, curly hair. I used Moroccanoil products for almost 3 years and couldn't say a bad thing about them. But, then after a while it seems I started to need more and more product (Frizz control cream and the oil) to make the frizz go away. In addition to needing more product I started to find my sclap was becoming very irritated. No matter if I washed more or less it was really becoming a problem. Needless to say I have moved on, and though I do miss the smell I am very happy with my new product and how my hair and scalp feel.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by TeaMonkey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butylphenyl Methyl Propional, Argania Spinoza Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Fragrance Supplement, D&C Yellow-11, D&C Red-17, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone
I got samples of this. This is a glorified silicone/natural oils blend with trace amounts of the actual Moroccan argan oil. It works like a charm, great as a heat protector, smoothing frizzies and making hair silkier and more fluid-like. Too much and it's grease city.

However, nothing justifies the price. Pure organic argan oil can in fact be cheaper than this, depending on the source. I'm annoyed by our whole branding culture where the companies feel entitled to overcharge for nothing but dirt cheap chemicals and pretty packaging. And we convince ourselves that a 50$ synthetic molecule works better than the same 5$ one. It doesn't.

This also won't moisturize you hair because silicones don't penetrate the hair shaft, rather they smooth out the surface.

A much cheaper and better alternative would be to buy a cheap silicone blend, like countless hair serums available (I prefer cyclomethicone and dimethicone over cyclopentasiloxane as they're more lightweight) and mixing that with any amount of actual organic argan or macadamia oil you prefer (I also like apricot kernel oil). I've been doing this for a decade now. A bit of experimenting and you'll probably end up with a smoothing serum that's better and definitely cheaper than this overrated product. And it won't burn a hole in your wallet.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Easytigerrr

I am absolutely in love with Moroccan oil! I started using it last year when I was bleaching my hair monthly, and it was so fried that it was slowly getting shorter due to breakage. Once I started using this product my hair looked and felt much more healthy! I tried another, cheaper version when I finished my first bottle and threw out the bottle after a month. I found using Moroccan oil even if i accidentally added to much, it wasn't too greasy, whereas the other kind (one n' only), I'd I put any more than a dime size my hair looked like I hadn't showered in weeks. Very expensive, especially for a university student, but so worth the money!