July 29, 2014 | 1622 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by TeaMonkey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butylphenyl Methyl Propional, Argania Spinoza Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Fragrance Supplement, D&C Yellow-11, D&C Red-17, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone
I got samples of this. This is a glorified silicone/natural oils blend with trace amounts of the actual Moroccan argan oil. It works like a charm, great as a heat protector, smoothing frizzies and making hair silkier and more fluid-like. Too much and it's grease city.

However, nothing justifies the price. Pure organic argan oil can in fact be cheaper than this, depending on the source. I'm annoyed by our whole branding culture where the companies feel entitled to overcharge for nothing but dirt cheap chemicals and pretty packaging. And we convince ourselves that a 50$ synthetic molecule works better than the same 5$ one. It doesn't.

This also won't moisturize you hair because silicones don't penetrate the hair shaft, rather they smooth out the surface.

A much cheaper and better alternative would be to buy a cheap silicone blend, like countless hair serums available (I prefer cyclomethicone and dimethicone over cyclopentasiloxane as they're more lightweight) and mixing that with any amount of actual organic argan or macadamia oil you prefer (I also like apricot kernel oil). I've been doing this for a decade now. A bit of experimenting and you'll probably end up with a smoothing serum that's better and definitely cheaper than this overrated product. And it won't burn a hole in your wallet.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Easytigerrr

I am absolutely in love with Moroccan oil! I started using it last year when I was bleaching my hair monthly, and it was so fried that it was slowly getting shorter due to breakage. Once I started using this product my hair looked and felt much more healthy! I tried another, cheaper version when I finished my first bottle and threw out the bottle after a month. I found using Moroccan oil even if i accidentally added to much, it wasn't too greasy, whereas the other kind (one n' only), I'd I put any more than a dime size my hair looked like I hadn't showered in weeks. Very expensive, especially for a university student, but so worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by ontheverge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE the original moroccanoil! I have long, thick, curly, dry hair and recent highlights have almost destroyed my hair. My hair is so dry that it's barely curling any more, but has turned into a nasty straw-like texture. I globbed on too much the first time I used moroccanoil, but luckily kept it away from my scalp and just focused on the bottom half of my hair where the most damage is. My hair dried naturally into its usual mass of big spirals with tons of shine and body. Even better, the next day I was able to brush it and despite brushing out my curls which is normally a huge disaster, I had zero frizz and luscious waves. I try to limit my blow outs, but when I use moroccan oil, my drying time is way shorter (20 minutes instead of 45) and I have minimal frizziness. No more using a serum afterwards!

Also, i tried the organix coconut serum as people were saying it's a cheaper than moroccan oil but has the same effect...definitely NOT. The organix stuff greased up my hair, made it feel oily all the time (even the damaged ends!), and made my hair limp and lifeless. Moroccan oil it is!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by BostonKel

This is my go-to for silky soft hair. It smells wonderful and a little bit goes a long way.

When my hair is feeling a bit dry (thanks to Canadian winters) I use a bit of this in my ends at night and my hair feels luxuriously soft the morning after washing it.

This is one product that I keep stocked all-year round. A bit pricey, but it lasts quite a long time so the price is great in the long run.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by roxcandymountain

I have blonde, chemically treated hair that is just past my shoulders. It is fine but I have a lot of it and I often find it hard to make it look shiny and soft and not dry, fluffy, and "old" looking.
This product makes my hair supple, soft and smell great.
I put a dime-sized amount in my hair when it's towel dried (not too wet or it will dry away) and I style my hair as usual (blowdry, etc.)
On the "second-day" hair, I apply a tiny bit all over my hands and rake through my hair (concentrating at ends) and then I curl or straighten my hair and it gives it some life.
I love this product! It costs a lot at the beginning but you'll have the bottle FOREVER! And it really works!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 9:50:00 AM More reviews by mickduf

I have very fine hair that gets thinner all the time. It gets weighed down easily but I LOVE this product. I usually put in when my hair is wet, first thing out of the shower (on my colored hair) and it makes my hair so smooth. A warning when using oil for anyones hair....less is more!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2012 9:01:00 AM More reviews by jilltaylor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this on my hair dressers recommendation because my hair always looks incredible after he uses it on me. But once I got it home...eh. I use the tiniest dime sized amount for my long thick hair. Use a tad too much and its grease city. I can't put it anywhere near my roots either. I'm not really sure about how well it treats and conditions hair because I honestly can't tell a difference when I use this and when I don't, other than the incredibly delicious smell. I don't think I"ll buy this again but I'll finish what I have. It's not pure argan oil, it's simply an exotic looking hair oil with silicone in it. I think the smell and the Moroccan name are its biggest selling points. I've had better results with Paul Mitchell super skinny serum.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by bernie140

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My sister had got this for a pressie and was raving about it so while at her house she gave it to me to try and wow was I impressed!I was having a bad hair week and my hair(which if let go tends to become extremely dry) felt almost strawlike. Used this after aussie miracle moist shampoo and conditioner (letting you know this in case this was a hugely contributing factor!!) and after towel drying my hair I added two squirts of this and my hair felt AMAZING!After drying and straightening I felt incredibly pampered and for the next day everyone was asking me had I just had my hair done and what was I using. Pricey but will be cutting back on something at some stage to own this or maybe for a birthday pressie(not normally a high maintenance gal so will be hard to justify but will find a way to get this into my toiletries bag!!)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2012 6:55:00 AM More reviews by ahockenbrouch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I feel completely middle of the road about this product. I love the smell. I can't stop sniffing my hair after I use it. It does smooth the hair. It does what it says it will do, I just don't think it's the best in any aspect. I don't like how it builds up in my hair though. I have to use a clarifying shampoo every couple weeks or my hair gets brittle. If you use it to moisturize then I think Josie Maran pure argan oil is a far superior option. If you use it to smooth your hair or to prep your hair for styling then in my experience Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum blows it out of the water. If you have healthy, unfussy hair and you just want a multipurpose grooming product that smells nice then this will be fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by Lihilovesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My hair is really dry thick and wavy, buy mostly dry looking. few years ago i went to this hairdresser,and everytime i went there my hair looked so much better, smoother and softer. i asked the hairstylist what was he using on my hair and he told me he's using moroccanoil and he gave me a 2 sample of it. i fell inlove with that product!!! it make my hair look so much better and healthier! just amazing. after finishing the samples sizes i had to get one, so i did. i finished around 3 bottles of it. just love it

-update-
so im about to finish the lastest bottle of this, and for some reason it stopped working for me? like my hair is soooo much softer afre using this. but not like it used to be. i recently bleached the end of my hair so maybe thats the reason.but still its a little depressing