July 30, 2014 | 2014 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by chrissie8809

I love this bronzer!
Not much I can really say about it that hasn't already been said...

It's very pigmented, surprisingly so....and even if you only pick up a small amount on your brush, the colour payoff on your skin is still quite bold.

I'm NW 15 for reference, and with a (very) light hand & lots of blending, Hoola gives me a convincing sun kissed look that i'm always happy with. This is one of those products that you should definitely use a "less is more" kind of approach, otherwise it can, and will, make you look a bit dirty.

Staying power is good, and I don't find myself needing to touch-up during the day (or night!)

As with all of the Benefit powders, I dig the packaging, and i find the brush to be very useful for contouring. I'm sure a lot of people disregard the brush, but I use it frequently.

I would repurchase, although I can see it taking me a long time to even hit the pan!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by babygems

Ok matte bronzer. Looks a bit too orange on my skin. Not really impressed with this pretty average bronzer. If you like hoola or want to try it I would recommend W7 Honolulu it is near on the same product and it only costs £2.88 from amazon.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by anne99415

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't wear bronzers too often because my skin is so pale, but I bought this one a few months ago after hearing it was good for pale skin. Unfortunately, it's still too dark for me. I am a bit lighter than MAC NC15 and have much stronger yellow undertones to my skin. I should have realized by looking at it that it would be too dark for me.
Color aside, the actual product is mediocre in my opinion. I love my Benefit blushes (I own two) and I find Hoola extremely powdery in comparison. Even gently tapping your brush in makes a lot crumble off and it's such a waste. It does seem slightly orange on my skin as well.
The packaging is the usual box that Benefit uses and I really like it. The square container fits nicely in my makeup drawer and doesn't take up as much space as a circular compact would.
I'm trying to tan this summer (or at least start trying to self tan) and hopefully I can use this then, but for now I would not repurchase it, especially because it cost $36 CAD.
Overall, if you have very pale skin I would strongly recommend skipping this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by scrowley2328

beware oily girls. that is all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by MikaylaMarie

Buy this and you won't regret it! Especially if you have light skin and have a hard time finding a blend-able bronzer..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by scarlettdesmarais

LOVE this bronzer!!!! Price is a little steep at first but so worth it. I've had mine forever and I'm just finally starting to hit pan on it. It's not orangey at all, great colour to contour with or add a bit of bronze to your complexion. The only downside I can think of is the packaging...I love Benefit's boxed powders (they're super cute), however, I guess they are not really ideal for travelling because they're kind of an awkward shape to fit in a makeup bag. However, this isn't really a problem for me and I love it nonetheless.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by kyliechester

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this bronzer. I have a light/medium light skin tone and despite using Jergen's Gradual Tanning products regularly my face can still look a little washed out and pale, especially against my blonde hair, so bronzer is a must for me. I hate shimmery bronzers, and I like them to be fairly dark yet still sheer so I don't have to cake on layers for them to show up. I used every bronzer under the sun, from drugstore to MAC to Estee Lauder to Lancome and couldn't find one that I liked. Enter Benefit Hoola: it's totally matte, but not streaky and stark like some matte bronzers can be. It's the most velvety, almost creamy powder I've ever encountered. It's also the perfect sort of neutral tan color so you won't end up looking like you've had a bad Snooki spray tan or something. My only complaint is the packaging. It's cardboard, so it gets banged up pretty easily, and you have to be careful that you don't accidentally set it in water on your counter top or anything, and I wish it wasn't quite so deep-set, since I like to be able to swirl my Real Techniques Blush Brush into the product. Other than that, its INCREDIBLE and I don't think I'll ever use another bronzer again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by kels3eagreene

I adore this bronzer. It may be a little on the pricey side but the quality is so good! HOOLA is completely matte (no tacky shimmer) and it's as though orange pigments don't exist - there is no turning orange... EVER. It's pure bronzey goodness, which I love! Being quite a pale little thing, I use a fair amount of bronzer, so it's nice not to turn orange!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by victoriaaa622

Love this! I use it to contour. The packaging is cute but too bulky to travel. It's completely matte.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2013 5:09:00 AM More reviews by Lippyqueen2906

This would probably be a fantastic bronzer for cool pale skin but unfortunately as i love to wear fake tan regularly it was too 'muddy' looking against my warm skin tone and i looked washed out (i usually wear mac bronzer or estee lauder bronze goddess which is a warmer shade). Considering the fab reviews this gets i definitely think there are better bronzers out there!