September 3, 2014 | 1096 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by RebeccaThomson

I really like this bronzer, however I have fair skin so it is slightly too sark for my skin tone. If I use a very small amount it doesn't look too dark and I like the colour. My main reason for liking this is because it is matte, would highly recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by mackeenzieee

I like this bronzer, but it does have it's faults. I love the colour, and the lack of shimmer - it works great to contour or bronze my face, I love how smooth and creamy the powder feels, and I love the colour for my face. I do find that at times, when applying heavily, it can become patchy looking, and I really don't care for the flip up lid on the box. Who's idea was boxed powder anyway? I'll buy this powder again for my collection once I run out (I've hit pan), but I know it's not perfect - I just haven't found something better. For reference, I'm about a NC20 in MAC during the winter and a NC30-35 in the summer, and I can use this bronzer year round to bronze and to contour.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by misscocochaneljeanelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had Benefit's Hoola bronzer for close to two years now. This bronzer was expensive! but of course it's a high end bronzer. Anyway I'm already tan as it is so Hoola didn't give me much color unless i really packed it on my face and by then It just looked dirty and caked on but if i used less it would not show up on my skin after foundation. I really do like that it's matte because I'm not a fan of bronzers with shimmer. I feel like they accentuate my flaws. I don't have baby smooth skin ya know...well at least not anymore. Hoola works well as a crease color on my eyelids though so for that reason I still have it. I also had NYC Sunny bronzer as well a while back and used that more than I used Hoola because NYC showed up better on my skin. I think Hoola is best suited for lighter skin beauties than for us lovely tanned babes.
Cost=$28
Packaging= I have the older version. Pull the square lid off. no mirror. I actually like it this way.
Ingredients= talc,iron oxides,zinc stearate,ethylhexyl,palmitate,titanium dioxide,dimethicone,manganese violet,methylparaben,sodium dehydroacetate,boron nitride,propylparaben,butylparaben.
I would not purchase this bronzer again just because there are other low end bronzers that will do the same thing. Like I said I liked NYC Sunny better at the time. No breakouts from Hoola bronzer and it does not smell like it has any fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this bronzer compared to some because it has no glitter or orangey tint. I use it to darken my foundation when I have tanned and my foundation is too light.
My only complaints with this bronzer is that I sometimes have trouble getting it to look smooth and avoid blotches when I brush it on, and that wearing it on top of foundation (MAC Pro Longwear NW25/30) can make me feel like I just have TONS of layers of makeup on... I think most of the problem with this is that my foundation is feeling too heavy to begin with. I am going to start looking into new foundations and see how I like this product.

For a bronzer this doesn't cause me any problems (oranginess) like other bronzers I have tried. I will probably try something different next time if I can find something at Sephora, because I am not in love with this product... but overall it seems to work well and do its job!

UPDATE: I switched my foundation to LancĂ´me Teint Idole Ultra 24hr Foundation and it is amazing coverage but MUCH lighter feeling than MAC Pro Longwear, as well as finally having a perfect color match! I NOW feel that the Hoola bronzer is light and comfortable on my skin, with no issues of color or "melting" anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Jennygxoxo

Love love loooove my hoola bronzer. No shimmer in this bronzer and the color is not too dark. I have medium skin my color is NC40 in Mac studio fix compact and it's perfect for my skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by erinbrittannyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely LOVE this bronzer! Such a beautiful light tan color. Not too dramatic and dark for lighter skinned girls. So amazing for an everyday bronzer and leaves you looking tanner and summer ready. :) Just wish it was a little cheaper but I will re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by kaq009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a Benefit set two Christmases ago from my sister-in-law and out of all the products it came with, this was the one I was most excited about. I've always wanted a matte bronzer. This was perfect. It gives you a perfect sun kissed look especially if you top it off with a bit of pink cream blush on the apples of your cheeks. This does come through really muddy - so apply with a very light hand. I suggest using a different brush than the one it came with - although it is super cute, it doesn't really do the job. I use a MAC 168 or any other angled blush brush would do. For $40 it is quite expensive - however, a little goes a super long way. I've been using my Dandelion boxed powder for, no joke, 4 years now and I still have yet to hit pan. So it comes out to $10/year. Not so expensive when you think about it that way. I will definitely repurchase IF I ever run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by violetriot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I adore this bronzer for my olive skin tone. As many members have mentioned, it's not quite a bronzer, but I think what it does SO well is warm up the face and accentuate contours. I keep trying out different bronzers and always come back to this one. I am not a fan of shimmer in my bronzer just because my go-to blush is coralista and any more shimmer overload and I'd look like a disco ball. Despite my italian heritage, I'm pretty darn pale. that's one issue I often run into with bronzers is that they get ruddy on me really easily, even when applied with a light hand. This bronzer applies very lightly and evenly, and is easily buildable, so I can use it gently in the wintertime or build up the color more during summer when I'm more bronzed (Thank you Fake Bake Flawless!) I always get compliments on my face makeup and it is almost always a combo of Hoola and Coralista. I'll apply this around my cheekbones and blend upwards in a C-shape around my temples and into my hairline. I'll also dust a little on the sides of my nose and on my chin and jawline. Lasting power is pretty good, but it does fade over the day. Honestly though, I would expect it to since it'll either shift off my face from the wind or sweat will cause it to budge.

It really perks up my overall look, it's like a cup of coffee for your face, if that makes any sense. I don't mind the box packaging but i would prefer it if it came in a compact because toting around all these little boxes (Benefit) while traveling or in my purse gets cumbersome. I've had this for five months now and I've used it almost daily and haven't hit pan yet, so I think the amount of product is pretty good. For what it is though (a matte light coco color) I think the price is steep. You could probably get a similar effect just using a darker shade of pressed powder, maybe L'oreal's true match(?). I've done some looking around for a similar powder color and haven't come across one yet, Hoola is a pretty unique color. If I ever find a pressed powder color the same as Hoola I'll pick it up and do a comparison. If you're looking for a great basic contour color and are willing to splurge, check this out!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by giainjersey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am NC45 MAC Prolong Wear for reference.

This is a nice matte bronzer but it does not show up on my skin at all because it is too similar to my own skin. My search continues....

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by saraminebowen

Since I began using makeup, I always used Clinique powder bronzer, and when I have the money (which is rare), I use Laura Mercier bronzing palette as a contour. I wanted to try something different, and was recommended this product by a friend. It's a very pretty color, and NOT sparkly, which was a downside of Clinique's powder. It gives you a beautiful glow, and it can be used all over, or for a contour. My only complaint is this: I blend my bronzer into my neck and chest to make the application look as natural as possible, and this product has broken me out just a little bit. Nothing noticeable to anyone except me, though. It's a little more expensive than the Clinique bronzer, but definitely not as hefty of a price tag as Laura. The packaging is a little weird, because the actual makeup is deep set into the box. Also, the package is made of cardboard, so I have to be careful not to set it in a water puddle on my sink. I'll definitely buy this product again; I just wish they'd change the packaging.