November 28, 2014 | 1875 users online

Treatments (Face) - Retin A

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by ruikosakuragi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had a bad breakout about a year ago and went to the derm and was prescribed Tretinoin 0.025% after my acne cleared up with antibiotics. After using for about 6 months, I told her I don't really feel or see the difference, so the doc increased the strength to 0.05%. After another couple months of use, I still see no difference (since my face is still clear and all) so I stopped using it even though the derm insisted that I don't. So fast forward to 3-4 months later, I started having tiny bumps and whiteheads all over my face again. I put a lot of benzoyl peroxide hoping it will clear them up, but that by itself didn't help. Thinking that my face might need exfoliating, I used sugar and scrubbed away the flakes caused by bp. Still, the tiny bumps and whiteheads were still there. Then I decided to use the Tretinoin again, not really expecting it to help much... but when you're desperate, anything will do! So, after about 3 days of using it, the tiny bumps disappeared like it was never there! Now, a week later, my face is super smooth, no signs of new zits, acne, etc. And I know some people get purging the first few weeks of using this, but that never happened with me. Anyways, now I have so much faith in this product as it cleared away my bumps/whiteheads. I went to the derm recently to ask for more of it. I really recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 10:54:00 AM More reviews by cad722

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The best advice i can give to anyone starting the retin a would be to invest in cera ve' facial moisturizer. to counteract the drying effect, use equal parts of moisturizer with retin a, your face will not dry and crack and be painful this way. the retin a is stull effective, believe me! prevent your skin from getting thirsty in teh first place :)

best of luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 10:34:00 AM More reviews by superfuture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Hey Evryone. I started using (0,1%)about 3 weeks ago.. ive tried it already like a year ago for like 2 weeks (0,05%) but didnt see any results so quit it.
so this time i use it for like one week and then my skin started to dry and almost cracked when i didnt put on moist. so it was reall really dry. like 2 minutes after i washed my faced and tap it dry my skin was almost peeling of.. so i took a long hot bath and used a soft towel to get rid of the peeling skin. .my skin is still really dry though..so i would really recommened evryone to use a good moist. sometimes i cream my face 2 or 3 times during the day.. i use the treatment in the night without a moisturizer. but during the day i use reatin a cream and loads of moist .. a friend told me to not use moist during the night so the retin a can work better. in the 2nd week i had loads of breakouts .. i already wanted to quit the treatment but didnt. because i wanted to give it a try.. so right now.. i dont have any pimples left.and my acne scares are barely visible anymore..also i think my fine lines on my forehead are getting better. so i would totally recommend to use retin a but be sure you always have a moisturizer with you ..and you should always put on sunblocker with at least 30 ( i use spf 50)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by anarae01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was perscribed for this for acne and it took like 2 weeks for my skin to get used to it because it can be drying. (I used too much in the beginning so that could be why) but I use it as a spot treatment at night and I swear 80% of the time the acne disappears over night or at least smoothes out. and I get the ocassional Mt. Everest pimples that have white heads and hurt.Same tube for 3 years still haven't ran out, you only need a dab so it will last FOREVER!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by hannah1989

I just started a new blog about my retin-A treatment, because I am starting using it. I would be adding photos hopefully every week, so that we could see some improvement or difference. I have used it three times so far, and actually no peeling or itching occured (weird?). I will be updating every week, just now I posted photos from week one. (This is not an advert! I hope it could help a lot of people that want to start with retin-a as well) battle4perfectskin.blogspot.com

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by sunset8

I've been prescribed this cream by my dermatologist to help clear up my acne scars and blemishes, and I have to say, my skin is a whole lot better appearance-wise! I used to have angry red spots where my acne used to be, and since I've started using this, the spots and redness aren't as noticeable as before. I mean, they're still visible, but when I wear foundation I don't need to use a green concealer to correct the redness.

One thing about this, though, you need to be VERY patient when using this cream, because the first few weeks (in my case, the first few MONTHS) will be flaking craziness and all your hidden/buried acne will come out. This can be very frustrating, but a good solution to this is exfoliating every day with a gentle scrub. I use either a homemade honey-olive oil-sugar scrub, or the St. Ives peach apricot scrub. If your skin isn't too sensitive, you can scrub twice a day if you want. Also, if your skin gets too dry, you can experiment on how many times a week you use the cream, I used to use this every three days because it dried me out so much, but now I've increased it to every other day.

Anyway, this product is really worth the few months of flaking because it really has cleared my skin up quite considerably.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by evv

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I started using this product as a teenager and I cannot recommend it enough. It gets rid of blemishes, makes your skin perfect, fades spots, and keeps you from wrinkling. In general people tend to think I am about ten years younger than I am and I get compliments on my skin all the time. I would not waste my money on expensive beauty products that claim to get rid of acne or wrinkles. Just go to your dermatologist, get a prescription, and enjoy!

Please note: you might break out worse for the first few weeks as your skin purges...just suffer through it. It's more than worth it! And, if your skin gets too dry, don't use so much or ask your doctor for a lower strength. Play with it, get it right—it works.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Faithgab

I tried all the skin care to treat my acne and nothing works like Retin A. It will take some time to see the result and will be discourage to continue the treatment for the first few weeks but I did not stop using it till I get the result I am hoping for.

All you need is patience and lot of moisturizer with higher SPF, now the only thing that I am working on is clearing out my acne marks.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by theTITSstay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am 32 and have mild-moderate acne. I was at my derm for another issue, and asked about retinoids because I was curious. He said I could benefit from retin-a because of my acne, and Rx'ed the 0.05% cream. I was a little concerned about the cream clogging my pores, but I have done really well on it. I've been on for 4 months so far and my acne is completely gone. My fine lines around my eyes are much less noticeable. My skin is so soft and smooth and positively glowing. I use this every other night and alternate with AHA (glycolic acid leave on) and use a mandelic or lactic acid peel once a week. Before Retin-A, I tried many products and never found anything to significantly improve my skin. Also, the tiny tube lasts forever (I'm still on my first tube and nowhere near finished) and I find it is really economical because of the benefit:cost ratio.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by tinaduongg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

this works for my acne! i like it!
5 stars!
but it takes time, it is supposed to help control acne and acne scarring, and it somewhat does, but being patient is the key