Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara

3.7

This simply does not hold a candle to my NYX Doll Eyes Lengthening! It almost gives me the dramatic effect I'm looking for only when I work with it and layer it and then I have to comb through my lashes so they aren't pointed in weird directions and clumped together... And I have to comb through them ONLY when the mascara's still wet, because if not, it's hard to run the comb through and the mascara starts flaking off of some lashes making the application look uneven. It does lift my lashes up and away from my eyes, so that is a good thing. I just think with the price of this mascara, the application should be effortless

on 2/16/2010 12:47:00 PM

This is definitely the best mascara I have ever used and I have tried sundry products, ranging from drugstore brands to high end mascaras. The biggest problems I have with mascaras is they will often clump my lashes together and won't give them much length. This mascara, however, makes it appear I have falsies on! Its a little expensive, but the results are well worth the price! Definitely my new go to mascara!

on 2/13/2010 1:44:00 PM

i dont like this mascara at all and cant understand all the hype about it. some drugstore brands are better than this. its too expensive, and it doesnt work good.

I think I've found a substitute for my beloved YSL Faux Cils. It was just getting too expensive, especially since they raised their prices to $30 a tube (which will only last me a month, if I'm lucky!). I decided to turn to MUFE Smoky Lash after all the rave reviews on the board and am so glad that I did!! :) This mascara gives me more length, holds a curl much better than YSL FC and gives me the same amount of volume. Additionally, it doesn't bother my eyes like FC did sometimes. I usually layer this over Shiseido mascara base, which gives me these amazing results. What more could I ask for?

on 2/3/2010 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

never really used mascara because most of them weighs my lashes down.. but this one held on and stayed put.. i put this on from time to time bec like i said i never really used mascara.. i love how thick made my lashes.. i just wish it dries faster cuz i always wind up smearing some off to myface.. it's ok though.. worth the money!

on 1/28/2010 8:11:00 PM

Really like this mascara. typical packing which is fine and the price is okay. a bit expensive but not too bad. i like th eresult it gives. supposed to give you a false lash kind of look and i think it really does. makes lashes thich and the curl is good :) would repurchase when i run out unless i find something better!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I recieved this mascara in The Best Of Makeup Forever set that is exclusive to sephora.

The packaging is very simple and easy to pass buy if you see it in the store.
I made sure to wipe off the end of the wand because I noticed that there was a large collection of product that had accumulated on the end of it!

It did give my lashes alot if volume and length, so much so that my lashes created their own shadow on my eyelid!

It didn't give my lashes alot of curl but if I used an eyelash curler prior to applying it i'm sure that it would be fantastic!

Overall: it's a good mascara but I am not really into paying for high end mascaras because of the short shelf life! This masacra is 22$.

on 1/28/2010 4:51:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The first time I used this product, I HATED it. I was planning on returning it, but then I decided to give it another shot with a varied technique. What I've discovered is that IF USED IMPROPERLY, this mascara will clump and give you the most unattractive lashes ever! To get the opposite (the attractive 'smoky' lash), try applying this mascara in the following way:
1) Apply the mascara with a GENTLE hand
2) Do not push the wand into your lashes so that your lashes are completely entangled in the thick brush, but rather, your lashes should go into the wand, but only by a bit. If the brush 'suffocates' your eyelashes, once again, it will clump.
MOST IMPORTANT PART: When applying this mascara to your lashes, try to focus on using the BOTTOM half of the wand. The top half of the wand (the part that you pull out of the tube last; also the part that goes into the tube first) for some reason just doesn't give you that desired non-clumping effect.

EDIT: So i've finally had the opportunity to use this mascara for awhile and compare it to my previous (chanel inimitable) mascara. I've found that after you've used it for about a month, the formula changes and seems to have fine granules, instead of a pure liquid consistency. Additionally, I didn't realize how 'crunchy' it made my eyelashes until I compared it with my previous one. The huge plus to this is that it gives really great volume.

on 1/19/2010 11:08:00 AM

Good stuff, but nothing spectacular. The same effect can be achieved through my Clinique Lash primer and mascara, much cheaper. Still, I do like the deep black color and a high end mascara is something we all need in our collection. It doesn't flake either.

on 1/17/2010 5:41:00 PM

I LOVE this Mascara. i hate waterproof so this works well for me. it lengthens ( and i have short lashes ) pretty well, volumizes okay. but it HOLDS THE CURL ALLLL DAY! i mean i dont even hafta use a eyelash curler!. i LOVE this. i will definitely be buying again. only thing is it's kind of expensive...