Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara

3.7

Way too clumpy. I used it for the first time this morning, it didn't do anything but leave big chuncks on my lashes, it doesn't hold curl at all and didn't notice any lengthing, what a waste of 22 dollars, this is the worst product I tried from MUFE, I usually love their products

This is my current mascara of choice. It is pretty expensive (here in the UK it retails for about a whopping 17.50) and the packaging is only startling in how ordinary it is, so it'd be easy to pass this one by without a second look.

I have long, fine straight lashes, so generally what I look for in a mascara is volume, as I can curl my lashes myself and find curling mascaras to be fairly useless. According to the box, this mascara provides "volume, length and curl." One of the main issues I have with mascaras is that I have pretty deep set eyes (not that I look anything like her, I wish, but Selma Blair is the best example I can think of to best describe the issue I have), so when my lashes are curled and then mascara is applied to lengthen them, my top lashes brush against the space between my crease and my brow and the majority of mascaras smudge there after a few hours of wear. I also find that on occasion my lower lashes will cause smudging below the eye, too. Does anyone else have this problem? Anyway, I had given up on regular volumising formulas as I'd had such bad luck with things like Diorshow and Benefit's Bad Gal, which both gave me great looking lashes initially, but caused smudging within the first hour or two of wear. I'd been using Clinique's High Impact Curling mascara, which although prevented the smudge problem, meant my lashes looked fairly pitiful as the formula just doesn't volumise in the same way (I had the same issue with the now discontinued Unstoppable Smudge Proof mascara by Maybelline... no smudges, but puny lashes as the compromise). I tried Smoky Lash from MUFE in with the "Best of..." kit I picked up and was hugely surprised. This stuff gives great volume and length, but miraculously hardly smudges at all, if it does it's usually after many, many hours. This was a real revelation for me. I have since repurchased it.

The formula really suits my lashes, so if you have fine lashes and want good volume with minimal smudge, give this a try. I usually find it applies just fine straight from the wand, but I do occasionally use an eyelash comb if I want a really flawless look and need to separate the lashes.

Wasn't amazed by this. It gave me volume but not much length and it clumped my lashes. I like my Covergirl Lashblast mascara better.

This mascara is amazing! It makes my lashes long and thick. I love it so much! It's a very close second to my beloved YSL faux cils.

This simply does not hold a candle to my NYX Doll Eyes Lengthening! It almost gives me the dramatic effect I'm looking for only when I work with it and layer it and then I have to comb through my lashes so they aren't pointed in weird directions and clumped together... And I have to comb through them ONLY when the mascara's still wet, because if not, it's hard to run the comb through and the mascara starts flaking off of some lashes making the application look uneven. It does lift my lashes up and away from my eyes, so that is a good thing. I just think with the price of this mascara, the application should be effortless

This is definitely the best mascara I have ever used and I have tried sundry products, ranging from drugstore brands to high end mascaras. The biggest problems I have with mascaras is they will often clump my lashes together and won't give them much length. This mascara, however, makes it appear I have falsies on! Its a little expensive, but the results are well worth the price! Definitely my new go to mascara!

i dont like this mascara at all and cant understand all the hype about it. some drugstore brands are better than this. its too expensive, and it doesnt work good.

I think I've found a substitute for my beloved YSL Faux Cils. It was just getting too expensive, especially since they raised their prices to $30 a tube (which will only last me a month, if I'm lucky!). I decided to turn to MUFE Smoky Lash after all the rave reviews on the board and am so glad that I did!! :) This mascara gives me more length, holds a curl much better than YSL FC and gives me the same amount of volume. Additionally, it doesn't bother my eyes like FC did sometimes. I usually layer this over Shiseido mascara base, which gives me these amazing results. What more could I ask for?

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

never really used mascara because most of them weighs my lashes down.. but this one held on and stayed put.. i put this on from time to time bec like i said i never really used mascara.. i love how thick made my lashes.. i just wish it dries faster cuz i always wind up smearing some off to myface.. it's ok though.. worth the money!

Really like this mascara. typical packing which is fine and the price is okay. a bit expensive but not too bad. i like th eresult it gives. supposed to give you a false lash kind of look and i think it really does. makes lashes thich and the curl is good :) would repurchase when i run out unless i find something better!

Popular Mascaras