February 1, 2015 | 1992 users online

Mascara - Make Up For Ever - Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by joshquinto

never really used mascara because most of them weighs my lashes down.. but this one held on and stayed put.. i put this on from time to time bec like i said i never really used mascara.. i love how thick made my lashes.. i just wish it dries faster cuz i always wind up smearing some off to myface.. it's ok though.. worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by egrenierca

Really like this mascara. typical packing which is fine and the price is okay. a bit expensive but not too bad. i like th eresult it gives. supposed to give you a false lash kind of look and i think it really does. makes lashes thich and the curl is good :) would repurchase when i run out unless i find something better!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2010 7:56:00 PM More reviews by queenofsheba83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recieved this mascara in The Best Of Makeup Forever set that is exclusive to sephora.

The packaging is very simple and easy to pass buy if you see it in the store.
I made sure to wipe off the end of the wand because I noticed that there was a large collection of product that had accumulated on the end of it!

It did give my lashes alot if volume and length, so much so that my lashes created their own shadow on my eyelid!

It didn't give my lashes alot of curl but if I used an eyelash curler prior to applying it i'm sure that it would be fantastic!

Overall: it's a good mascara but I am not really into paying for high end mascaras because of the short shelf life! This masacra is 22$.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2010 4:51:00 PM More reviews by daijy1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

The first time I used this product, I HATED it. I was planning on returning it, but then I decided to give it another shot with a varied technique. What I've discovered is that IF USED IMPROPERLY, this mascara will clump and give you the most unattractive lashes ever! To get the opposite (the attractive 'smoky' lash), try applying this mascara in the following way:
1) Apply the mascara with a GENTLE hand
2) Do not push the wand into your lashes so that your lashes are completely entangled in the thick brush, but rather, your lashes should go into the wand, but only by a bit. If the brush 'suffocates' your eyelashes, once again, it will clump.
MOST IMPORTANT PART: When applying this mascara to your lashes, try to focus on using the BOTTOM half of the wand. The top half of the wand (the part that you pull out of the tube last; also the part that goes into the tube first) for some reason just doesn't give you that desired non-clumping effect.

EDIT: So i've finally had the opportunity to use this mascara for awhile and compare it to my previous (chanel inimitable) mascara. I've found that after you've used it for about a month, the formula changes and seems to have fine granules, instead of a pure liquid consistency. Additionally, I didn't realize how 'crunchy' it made my eyelashes until I compared it with my previous one. The huge plus to this is that it gives really great volume.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 11:08:00 AM More reviews by BebeLush

Good stuff, but nothing spectacular. The same effect can be achieved through my Clinique Lash primer and mascara, much cheaper. Still, I do like the deep black color and a high end mascara is something we all need in our collection. It doesn't flake either.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by xAngelFluffx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE this Mascara. i hate waterproof so this works well for me. it lengthens ( and i have short lashes ) pretty well, volumizes okay. but it HOLDS THE CURL ALLLL DAY! i mean i dont even hafta use a eyelash curler!. i LOVE this. i will definitely be buying again. only thing is it's kind of expensive...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by AmandaEve011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this mascara. I am a mascara junkie....I spend A LOT of money on make up. I love this mascara, definitely a favorite of mine! My HG for sure!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Giuliocci

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This works as HG for me... it gives me volume, lenght and holds the curl for the whole day. The colour is a nice deep black. I have tried to switch to other brands, but I always come back to the Smoky Lash!
Anyway, I must admit I alredy have long lashes, so maybe the lenghtening effect would result minimal on those of you with shorter lashes. I'll upload a picture so that you can see the final result.
I find it to work best after a few days it has been opened for the first time, since at the beginning it could result a bit too liquid.
I will definitly stick to this one: it's worth every penny!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by roxy069

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this in the best of MUFE kit so the price wasn't that bad. The packaging is nice and sleek, and I absolutely hate rubber mascara brushes so I'm a fan of this brush. The brush is nice and big which gives me a lot of volume. It's not the best for lengthening, but the color is great. It's not clumpy as long as you don't put on five coats. It also separates pretty well. It's a good mascara- kind of expensive when purchased by itself but overall a good mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2010 5:15:00 AM More reviews by melnlicky

This mascara is not for me. Many people recommended this mascara, but i find it to be very clumpy and messy. It does add volume, but once u recoat your lashes even once it starts clumping your lashes together and overlapping them. It does not separate and after a while leaves marks on your eyelids and under eyes.