Baking Soda

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium bicarbonate

I tried using baking soda only once but it stings a bit & I found
it harsh for my skin that i was afraid my skin will be hurted . so I never repeat it

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

My house hold buys baking soda in bulk at Costco so the packaging is a large resealable bag. Its not a bad design for house hold chore use, but I put a smaller ammount into a plastic tupperware for cosmetic use.

My skin is oily in summer and combo to normal in winter. I find that I can use this almost daily as an exfoliator for my face. All I do is wet my face, press my wet fingers onto a small pile of dry baking soda and rub my face gently. I concentrate on problem areas, nose, chin and cheeks and only lightly rub the rest of my face. I add more baking soda or water depending on how intense I want my scrub to be.

I have acne and I dont know if baking soda helps my acne. I do know that I have fewer clogged pores, blackheads and pimples when I scrub with baking soda regularly. I stopped for about 2-3 weeks, I can be forgetfull, and was supprised at the condition of my skin. I had more small blemishes and clogged pores than normal, I couldnt figure out why. I remembered baking soda and started using it again religiously, sometimes 2x a day. Most mornings I use just baking soda & skip the cleanser. Why strip my skin of natural oils when all Ive been doing is sleeping. (I know your face gets dirty when your sleeping, but not nearly as dirty as after running around and being outside for a day + makeup)

I love it. It can be a tiny bit drying but just follow up with a moisturizer, I use Jojoba oil and I am left with glowing baby soft skin.

on 3/5/2011 12:10:00 PM

it reduced my black heads but it's a little bit drying ao i use it only once or twice a week as a scrub. It's cheap but it works great! will give u super soft skin!

on 2/28/2011 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Very handy to have around the house - and also a decent zit zapper.

on 2/28/2011 4:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Baking soda is a fantastic scrub for the face, hands and body. Just mix it with water and/or liquid cleanser and gently massage it in. However, be sure that you use a LIGHT TOUCH and don't scrub. Overzealous use of this or any exfoliant can be too harsh and will abrade and irritate the skin. Use once a week at first to get a feel for how often your skin can handle it. Of course, avoid any sensitive areas, such as the eyes and genitals.

Cheap and reliable exfoliant. Cost so much less than commercially made exfoliants in the market

on 2/28/2011 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Baking soda, how I love you so! You do everything! You exfoliate my face when added to my cleanser, you exfoliate my body when added to my body wash, you clean my hair when added to my conditioner (I'm on a no-poo regimen), you whiten my teeth when added to my toothpaste, not to mention all the wonderful things you do for my household chores! We've been friends a long time and you have never let me down. Thanks, baking soda. Expect an invitation to my birthday party.

on 2/20/2011 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Great versatile product!

Take baking soda and cane sugar and mix with filtered water to
make a pasty scrub that really works great!
or substitute the cane sugar with lemon juice to help fade acne scarring!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

After reading the reviews here I decided to try it myself by adding water and lemon juice. It didn't do anything for my acne but it did make my face feel brighter in the morning. Be warned though I got carried away and did it two days in a row and my face was so red and irritable. That's saying something because I don't have sensitive skin at all. I have contented myself by using it once a week and that works great.

on 2/7/2011 5:48:00 PM

Have been using this as a facial scrub/cleanser every morning for the past week, in conjunction with 50mg Doxycycline antiobiotics for acne, and my acne has markedly improved. My cystic acne has for the most part been reduced, and blackheads and pores are smaller. It is no miracle cure though - some acne still exists on my face, however my complexion is shinier and feels cleaner. I would suggest users to test a little on a patch of skin, with significant dilution to see whether it would have adverse effects. It's important to follow this up with a moisturiser, otherwise your skin will be left too dry. I use Synchro by Gernetic.

Popular Other Products