December 19, 2014 | 1809 users online

Other - Baking Soda

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by mojo90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

it reduced my black heads but it's a little bit drying ao i use it only once or twice a week as a scrub. It's cheap but it works great! will give u super soft skin!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Very handy to have around the house - and also a decent zit zapper.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Deanna2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Baking soda is a fantastic scrub for the face, hands and body. Just mix it with water and/or liquid cleanser and gently massage it in. However, be sure that you use a LIGHT TOUCH and don't scrub. Overzealous use of this or any exfoliant can be too harsh and will abrade and irritate the skin. Use once a week at first to get a feel for how often your skin can handle it. Of course, avoid any sensitive areas, such as the eyes and genitals.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by beaniejadepop

Cheap and reliable exfoliant. Cost so much less than commercially made exfoliants in the market

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by lianegraham

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Baking soda, how I love you so! You do everything! You exfoliate my face when added to my cleanser, you exfoliate my body when added to my body wash, you clean my hair when added to my conditioner (I'm on a no-poo regimen), you whiten my teeth when added to my toothpaste, not to mention all the wonderful things you do for my household chores! We've been friends a long time and you have never let me down. Thanks, baking soda. Expect an invitation to my birthday party.

27 out of 29 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by AprilEm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great versatile product!

Take baking soda and cane sugar and mix with filtered water to
make a pasty scrub that really works great!
or substitute the cane sugar with lemon juice to help fade acne scarring!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Lotionaddict69

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Green

After reading the reviews here I decided to try it myself by adding water and lemon juice. It didn't do anything for my acne but it did make my face feel brighter in the morning. Be warned though I got carried away and did it two days in a row and my face was so red and irritable. That's saying something because I don't have sensitive skin at all. I have contented myself by using it once a week and that works great.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by gopacapulco

Have been using this as a facial scrub/cleanser every morning for the past week, in conjunction with 50mg Doxycycline antiobiotics for acne, and my acne has markedly improved. My cystic acne has for the most part been reduced, and blackheads and pores are smaller. It is no miracle cure though - some acne still exists on my face, however my complexion is shinier and feels cleaner. I would suggest users to test a little on a patch of skin, with significant dilution to see whether it would have adverse effects. It's important to follow this up with a moisturiser, otherwise your skin will be left too dry. I use Synchro by Gernetic.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 12:53:00 AM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

Nice exfoliator. Helps bring all the gunk in my skin to the surface to heal and clear my skin faster. it can be a little rough sometimes, just make sure to add enough water and rub slowly.
OH, and you can use this as a powder over fnd. too, i find it helps keep makeup on oily skin better. and it gives skin that soft focus look. the feeling of it on is a lil grainy but its not bad. Also great to brush your teeth with too, gets them super clean and helps whiten them.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by cutiejunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love this as a mask. i use 2 tablespoons of baking soda & 2 tablespoons of water. i would add lemon juice too sometimes for a brightening effect & to lighten up my acne scars. it should turn into a paste like consistency. At first i thought it was crazy because honestly, i never knew baking soda could do so much. i always thought it was just something you put in the fridge to keep it from smelling. but i use this as a mask to treat my acne. and i use this on top of my toothpaste 2 to 3 times a week for whitening my teeth :) I tried the mask itself out last night & honestly, it did treat some of my pimples i had that were 3D. it didn't completely diminish all my acne, but it does take time! and its a slow process, like every other skincare product you use. & also it is such a GREAT exfoliant. i notice my skin feels amazingly soft after the usage of this mask.

The only thing i would say is "bad" about this mask is that when you apply it. it does have a tendency to sting a little bit. but i only leave this on for about 10 minutes so it's not too unbaring. overall, this is a great mask for my acne prone skin :)