September 14, 2014 | 2168 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Carbon Black Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by sunshinelu

I've used Dior and Benefit's liquid eye liner (both are pretty much the same formula) and those last ALL DAY, even through a sweaty concert. However, they're pricey so I tried L'oreal's after hearing great things. The quality is definitely lacking in comparison to Dior and Benefit because I need to put at least 2 coats on for it to stay on for at least a few hours. All night...? It fades a bit :(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by CocoMango

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this liner and find it easy to use. I usually use various kinds of brushes with a gel liner. This is my first liquid. Its very very black and lasts all day. I would say its semi-waterproof too b/c you need soap and water and quite a bit of gentle rubbing to get it off....so its not like it just rinses off w/o effort (this is a good thing to me). I've read several negative reviews here and wonder if we are talking about the same product! It is not watery, streaky, and sheer. Perhaps L'oreal has recently improved the formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by mubblefubbles

I have asian eyes and could never figure out why that would cause eyeliner and mascara to leak and smudge leaving me with raccoon eyes. I've had no luck with waterproof pencil eyeliner so I turned to liquid eyeliner. The felt tip could be more precise because after using this for a year I still need to make corrections. It doesn't smudge at all and it looks very intense. It's great for the weekends but might be a little too much for everyday wear.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by sarah71390

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am really displeased with this product! It takes forever to dry and it takes me about 3 coats before it looks like its a rich dark black. I find that it doesn't last that long and starts to flake off on me after about 5 hours of wear. I wouldn't repurchase this nor would I recommend this to anyone. It has to be the worst liquid eyeliner I have tried in a long time.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 4:40:00 AM More reviews by channingto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I don't know what it is about this eyeliner and me.. maybe it's just my oily eyelids (but my friend that also has oily eyelids loves this product...), but the consistency is SO watery. Like it applies streakily with gaps because it's so watery (even when I shake it furiously).. Also don't like the shiny finish it gives. Thought I'd gotten a bad batch but I bought this two other times hoping it would work for me, but it didn't. Gave it to my friend after it didn't work for me and it worked great for her, so I guess it's just me...

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2011 7:58:00 AM More reviews by lucretiabrgia

As soon as it dries, it starts flaking.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Katniss555

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this eyeliner in efforts to save money since I usually buy the Lancome Artliner ($29). It was such a waste of $9. It flakes on me, the felt tip is nowhere as good quality as the artliner and it is thicker too. I will not be purchasing this again. Do yourself a favor and get the real thing if you can afford it and it's soooo much better!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by salcedju

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is just an okay liner. I really don't understand all the hype. The only pro I have found is that it can be quite dark and a little glossy ( glossy is not a pro for everyone). Oh yeah, and it can be pretty cheap, especially if you find it on sale at Osco. The tip is decent, thin so it's easy to manage. I have had liquid eyeliners with better more precise tips. My frustration is that I have to constantly go over it to achieve the intense black look. In doing so, parts of the liner flake off if it has dried already. So I find that I have to work fast and layer multiple times to make it work for me. Next time I buy a drugstore liquid eyeliner it will probably not be this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE! Eyeliner has always been the problem child for me. When I first got into makeup I practiced like 5x a night, applying then removing, then applying again, to get it down. I wish I'd discovered this liner back when I was learning! It is so incredibly easy to use. Just draw it on, like a pen! The color is intensely black, which I love. I find it dries very quickly. Also it doesn't smear around on me, it stays where I put it until I wash my makeup off at the end of the day, and then it comes off very easily.

I guess really the only con of this product for me is that I have to redip once per eye. The felt tip tends to go dry about halfway down the eye and I need more product. Other than that, it's perfect, I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by kiwiteddybear

I have been using this for years, since High School. I have gone through numerous tubes and tried other liquid liners and none was as easy to apply as this one. It gave a decent solid black line that was good for neutral or dramatic looks. The only down side is that it would not be very good if you were going to a wedding or any gathering that might involved water because it will come over very easily with water. Its my go to for daily use because its cheap and affordable.