L'Oreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner

3.8

Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyesters-5, Alcohol Denat., Trilaureth 4 Phosphate, Acacia (Acacia Senegal Gum), Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): D&C Black No. 2 (CI 77266).

on 8/11/2011 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is the first liquid liner that I actually liked! I tried another felt-tip liquid liner from Dior a few years ago and I was really disappointed at how expensive it was for its mediocre results.

While I do need to use a few strokes of this over my lid (which I prime with NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base beforehand) AND layer it with a powder eyeshadow to make this liner stay on my eyes for about 10-12 hours, I would ideally love a black liner that I didn't always need to line with eyeshadow.

A strange thing that occurs with this product is if I only line my eyes with this in one stroke and then curl my lashes, this liner starts to "disappear" in that it I can see small patches of my skin showing underneath the liner! It's absolutely necessary to go over your line a couple of times for the black to really stick to your lids with this liner.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

I love this eyeliner. Its my go to liquid eyeliner in fact.

It's very black and effortless to apply but unfortunately I find that in the thinnest part of the line on my lid (the inner corner) Within hours ir faded or flaked away.

I will continue to buy since its so dark and I can use it so easily, but I first have to put down a layer of Palladio liquid liner to ensure my line will stay all day (but I hate doing that, the palladio eye pen thing is so stubby and the brush is so inflexible its hard to get a tiny thin line like I need. But the liner itself is bullet proof and also very dark)

I took off a lippie because of it not so awesome staying power.

So, L'Oreal, MAKE A WATERPROOF VERSION OF THIS PRODUCT!!! XD

If they choose to make a waterproof version of this product, this will become my holy grail eyeliner.

on 8/4/2011 12:24:00 PM

This is a great liquid eyeliner, but you have to be a little savvy when using it. As you already know I'm sure, doing a flawless liquid line isn't easy and you really have to get the hang of it. I use two different liners to achieve the flawless look I want, and I use this liner to apply the main line and to outline the shape of the liner as a whole. Then, I use a different liner with a more defined brush to get that tiny, perfect little wing on the end. The felt tip of this liner is too thick to get a defined wing, however the brush on the other one I use is too sensitive and flexible to get a good overall liner shape...it tends to get too wobbly and shows every little movement. The combination of the two works perfectly for me. The deep dark black color of this one is perfect too...don't get the non "carbon black" one that comes in a matte gold container...the color is watery and not good.

Secondly...I do want to point out that this Loreal liner sometimes comes in bad batches. I'll sometimes get one that is completely watered down. So, because of that I always keep my Walgreens receipt so that if I do get a bad one I can exchange it without worries. It's annoying, but I just chalk it up to the fact that it IS a drugstore product, and you get what you pay for. Other than that, it's a solid product and I see no reason to pay double at sephora for a liner that does the exact same thing! Just watch out for the bad batches!

on 7/30/2011 8:01:00 PM

This product is simply amazing!

I bought it a few days ago, and began using it immediately. The felt tip is short and easy to control, making it simple to make fine lines or dramatic thick ones. A gentle flick of the wrist allows you to make a cat eye; the mark is as easy to control as a pen.

The color is a true black. Very dark and vibrant, and as glossy as a patent leather shoe, simply brilliant.

The packaging is very streamlined and clean, seals well, and looks much classier than its low price would suggest.

A must have!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this is my first eyeliner, so i really have nothing to compare it to but i really do love it!
the felt tip makes it so much more easier for a noobie like me to get a perfect line & little wing at the end. the finish is not matte at all, but you can always fix that with a bit of translucent powder over.. not much though, because if you over-do the powder there'll be a white-ish cast on the liner.
this liner lasts a full day for me, (8am-5pm) & thats all i can ask for. havent had a problem with flaking or smudging throughout the day.
ive repurchased twice & will continue to do so.

on 7/21/2011 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in earthen brown rock.
I put it on my lids and I accidentally rubbed my eyes and it just came off.
and I tried it again at home so many times, it just washes away with water... like I don't even have to rub it and it washes away.
It's really a big disappointment because I thought this would be a great brown liquid liner.
Never purchasing it again

on 7/7/2011 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

due to it's amazing quick drying power, this liquid eyeliner unfortunately flakes at times. aside from that, this does smudg without me using my elf eye primer. this lasts about 8 hour. keep in mind I have extremely oily lids, so this is actually pretty decent without m primer, just smudges throughout the day

on 7/3/2011 10:36:00 AM

Hoping this might be a cheaper alternative for the Lancome
Artliner, I gave this a try, but this product was a disappointment. The felt tip makes for easy application, but aside from that, the liner flakes like crazy. It is streaky and I can see all these little naked spots that I have to go over. It is just not worth the effort to keep reapplying and having it flake, so I'm just going to splurge a bit and go back to the Lancome.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

3 out of 5 lippies...I took off two lippies for the simple fact(s) that

-L'Oreal test on animals and although I don't have any animals I think it's sad & cruel
-It is somewhat expensive for "drugstore makeup"

Other than that there isn't anything that I dislike about this product. Amazing pigmentation, ease in application, and it's longlasting.

As I stated L'Oreal does test on animals-sad and cruel, yes I know but I would most likely repurchase this product.

on 6/13/2011 12:04:00 PM

I like how dark the pigmentation is int his liner. I also like the flexible felt tip. I don't like the fact that when the product dries it seems to have a glossy effect. I like a more matte liner. Other than that it's pretty nice and easy to apply. If this comes out in different colors I will repurchase.