L'Oreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner

3.8

Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyesters-5, Alcohol Denat., Trilaureth 4 Phosphate, Acacia (Acacia Senegal Gum), Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): D&C Black No. 2 (CI 77266).

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This is my HG liquid eyeliner! I love the color (rich dark matte black) and the shape of the pen really makes the eyeliner easy to apply. I do a winged eyeliner look pretty much everyday of the week and I've tried tons of other liquid eyeliners and this one just goes on so easily and the pen is very easy to control. It stays put all day long, doesn't smudge and it's easy to take off too! (no waterproof eye makeup remover needed!)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either.

The tip was pretty precise, but I had some difficulty creating my usual cat eye look with it. It lasted pretty well for a waterproof liner, and washed off easily. Sometimes it came out a bit heavy or too fluid for my taste, but that happens.

However, when compared to my usual liner, Maybelline Line Stiletto, it just wasn't as good. It was nowhere near as pigmented as I wanted (kind of a weak grey), and I found it sometimes tended to smear before it dried--a problem I had never had with the Maybelline one.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've used several different liquid eyeliners from low to high end. Overall I like the felt tip for it's flexibility, however I have to re-dip several times while applying to one eye. It seems to dry out fast.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have mixed reviews for this eyeliner. My sister bought one a while ago and I fell absolutely in love with it. It was easy to apply and the felt tip was easy to work with. However, after it ran out, I went to the drugstore to pick another one up. But the second one I got it was really watery and not pigmented like the first. Disappointing. So now, I am back on my hunt for the perfect liquid liner!

PROS:
- Easy to apply
- Dries fast

CONS:
- Hard to draw thin lines
- Dries to a shiny finish
- Tends to flake off during the day
- Not pigmented, need to go over line a few times

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

great product. best for applying on top lash line. stays on all day. and tip is very smooth brushless to apply on.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I've bought this two times mostly because I found it to be easy to apply. The tip makes for really think lines if you like to finish off a wing or cat eye thinner towards the tip. And it dries quickly. For beginners it's really good since it's not waterproof it's easy to remove. I think if you're planning on using it every day it wouldn't last you long. It's too expensive for my taste I like it but if I found a cheaper felt tip liquid liner I'd go for it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is the first liquid liner that I actually liked! I tried another felt-tip liquid liner from Dior a few years ago and I was really disappointed at how expensive it was for its mediocre results.

While I do need to use a few strokes of this over my lid (which I prime with NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base beforehand) AND layer it with a powder eyeshadow to make this liner stay on my eyes for about 10-12 hours, I would ideally love a black liner that I didn't always need to line with eyeshadow.

A strange thing that occurs with this product is if I only line my eyes with this in one stroke and then curl my lashes, this liner starts to "disappear" in that it I can see small patches of my skin showing underneath the liner! It's absolutely necessary to go over your line a couple of times for the black to really stick to your lids with this liner.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

I love this eyeliner. Its my go to liquid eyeliner in fact.

It's very black and effortless to apply but unfortunately I find that in the thinnest part of the line on my lid (the inner corner) Within hours ir faded or flaked away.

I will continue to buy since its so dark and I can use it so easily, but I first have to put down a layer of Palladio liquid liner to ensure my line will stay all day (but I hate doing that, the palladio eye pen thing is so stubby and the brush is so inflexible its hard to get a tiny thin line like I need. But the liner itself is bullet proof and also very dark)

I took off a lippie because of it not so awesome staying power.

So, L'Oreal, MAKE A WATERPROOF VERSION OF THIS PRODUCT!!! XD

If they choose to make a waterproof version of this product, this will become my holy grail eyeliner.

This is a great liquid eyeliner, but you have to be a little savvy when using it. As you already know I'm sure, doing a flawless liquid line isn't easy and you really have to get the hang of it. I use two different liners to achieve the flawless look I want, and I use this liner to apply the main line and to outline the shape of the liner as a whole. Then, I use a different liner with a more defined brush to get that tiny, perfect little wing on the end. The felt tip of this liner is too thick to get a defined wing, however the brush on the other one I use is too sensitive and flexible to get a good overall liner shape...it tends to get too wobbly and shows every little movement. The combination of the two works perfectly for me. The deep dark black color of this one is perfect too...don't get the non "carbon black" one that comes in a matte gold container...the color is watery and not good.

Secondly...I do want to point out that this Loreal liner sometimes comes in bad batches. I'll sometimes get one that is completely watered down. So, because of that I always keep my Walgreens receipt so that if I do get a bad one I can exchange it without worries. It's annoying, but I just chalk it up to the fact that it IS a drugstore product, and you get what you pay for. Other than that, it's a solid product and I see no reason to pay double at sephora for a liner that does the exact same thing! Just watch out for the bad batches!

This product is simply amazing!

I bought it a few days ago, and began using it immediately. The felt tip is short and easy to control, making it simple to make fine lines or dramatic thick ones. A gentle flick of the wrist allows you to make a cat eye; the mark is as easy to control as a pen.

The color is a true black. Very dark and vibrant, and as glossy as a patent leather shoe, simply brilliant.

The packaging is very streamlined and clean, seals well, and looks much classier than its low price would suggest.

A must have!