July 23, 2014 | 1034 users online

Fragrances - Parlux - Jessica Simpson - Fancy

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by iluvMUA

This is NOTHING special; Aqualina Pink Sugar smells MUCH better. this perfume is much too sweet for me.

I would never pay full price for anything especially since it has Jessica Simpson's name on it. I don't care if she gave this our for free. Just cause her name is on it is an automatic NO BUY for me.

I tried this out at CVS.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 7:25:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I love this one.. I think it's delicious and I like it much more than Viva La Juicy (which is popular, but does not last). I found a 1 oz at Tj maxx for $20, and had to have it. I once had the gift set, but decided it was too much money. It is good, don't get me wrong.. but it's not going to be legendary. It smells like dessert, and that makes sense considering her past products. However, it isn't too sweet. The florals are light and blend in the background. It is forward as a gourmand. The fruit is juiced up and smells real. I have smelled quite alot of perfumes, and gourmands are my favorite. I love it at first spray and I even layer it with florals to make them creamy. My boyfriend was with me shopping when this first came out, and I swear it was the ONLY perfume that stopped him in his tracks. He's absolutely a vanilla/food type guy. All the rest of them are take it or leave it. Update: someone said this was way too sweet for them, but they wear PINK SUGAR? Are you kidding...it smells like cotton candy. Spare us the drama. If your major dislike is it has her name on it, get over yourself. I'm not a fan. I've never payed attention to her, but this is about perfume and nothing else. This is not the same sweetness as Pink Sugar or Fantasy. Those are more candy-like, and this is a creamy vanilla that transitions from fruit to floral while always keeping the vanilla up front. I can't stop spraying it on every day, and I have many niche perfumes.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2009 12:59:00 AM More reviews by cosmogurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The bottle is precious, def not very unique but I love sweet scents so it was my thing but my husband just thought is was just ok so it wasn't worth spending my money,

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2009 4:43:00 PM More reviews by karmarge

Except for the bottle which is very pretty, this scent is just a generic fruity/vanilla. There is nothing that makes this scent unique or memorable. When I asked my husband what he thought of Fancy, he just shrugged his shoulders. That's about how I feel after wearing it about 8 hours. I'm glad I bought the 1 ounce size and it was not an investment of good money.

P.S. It's been a few days and I've given Fancy another road test. I hate to buy something sight unseen and feel I've wasted my money so I tried Fancy again. I still would not repurchase but it has grown on me. Perhaps I didn't apply enough previously but the scent is curiously comforting probably since I like vanilla as a flavor. I still feel that this scent is nothing special but I will use the bottle up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2009 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

Long lasting sweet scent thats imo good to wear in the colder months! The bottle is so pretty....I luv this scent!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2009 2:41:00 AM More reviews by Bowker2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells like cookies. Yum... but kind of boring.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2009 9:44:00 PM More reviews by sharviss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I took one sniff and said, "sugar shock!" Way too sweet for me but I would guess that if I were about 15 years younger, I would really like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2009 8:33:00 AM More reviews by MakingFaces

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I own about thirty different fragrances and I have to say, this is the one I always seem to pick in the morning!! It smells soooo delicious. When I first bought it, I was like ehh its ok, but now im in love. Everyone always asks what it is when Im wearing it and cannot believe its JS. I really do love it, even more than some of my Bond perfumes, which is pretty crazy cause I do love them so!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2009 8:09:00 AM More reviews by MoiBelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a sample decant of this from my great friend in the U.S. On first spray, this smells very similar to Hanae Mori Pink, but a softer version on my skin. Quite fruity floral with a faint note of almond. It doesn't smell like a cupcake (well atleast not on my skin) which dissapoints me a little as I like cupcake scents, it has a very light vanilla note in the background, but so light it was almost difficult to detect at first. The drydown is quite nice as the scent gets warmer and the more it sits on my skin the better it gets. It turn out to be warm, quite sweet, cozy light vanilla scent. The bottle is sooo pretty, so I would like to avail of the full size bottle, hopefully soon.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by bluezinnia

Found a tester at CVS last weekend, so I tried it. This fragrance has sweet elements that clash with some other more astringent ingredient. I don't like it much at all. I believe this is identical to another fragrance I've tested in the last year or so - possibly the new YSL fragrance. There's definitely nothing original about this one.