Parlux Jessica Simpson - Fancy

on 6/4/2009 4:44:00 PM

LOVE, love, love this scent! Very sweet w/out being OTT, lasts all day on me (a HUGE + ), got small bottle for under $20 at Marshall's. Bottle is pretty too! Smells sugary on me...my DH who hates scents actually said "not bad" which is HUGE praise coming from him :)

on 6/2/2009 9:53:00 AM

i dont like her but i love this! i normally dont wear much perfume, just body spray from b&bw. the only complaint is the cap doesn't stay on when it's in my purse. i spray it on at work and everyone around me likes it!

on 6/2/2009 9:41:00 AM

This reminds me of a creamy version of Jean Paul Gauliter's Classique.

on 5/26/2009 7:33:00 PM

This is NOTHING special; Aqualina Pink Sugar smells MUCH better. this perfume is much too sweet for me.

I would never pay full price for anything especially since it has Jessica Simpson's name on it. I don't care if she gave this our for free. Just cause her name is on it is an automatic NO BUY for me.

I tried this out at CVS.

on 5/26/2009 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this one.. I think it's delicious and I like it much more than Viva La Juicy (which is popular, but does not last). I found a 1 oz at Tj maxx for $20, and had to have it. I once had the gift set, but decided it was too much money. It is good, don't get me wrong.. but it's not going to be legendary. It smells like dessert, and that makes sense considering her past products. However, it isn't too sweet. The florals are light and blend in the background. It is forward as a gourmand. The fruit is juiced up and smells real. I have smelled quite alot of perfumes, and gourmands are my favorite. I love it at first spray and I even layer it with florals to make them creamy. My boyfriend was with me shopping when this first came out, and I swear it was the ONLY perfume that stopped him in his tracks. He's absolutely a vanilla/food type guy. All the rest of them are take it or leave it. Update: someone said this was way too sweet for them, but they wear PINK SUGAR? Are you kidding...it smells like cotton candy. Spare us the drama. If your major dislike is it has her name on it, get over yourself. I'm not a fan. I've never payed attention to her, but this is about perfume and nothing else. This is not the same sweetness as Pink Sugar or Fantasy. Those are more candy-like, and this is a creamy vanilla that transitions from fruit to floral while always keeping the vanilla up front. I can't stop spraying it on every day, and I have many niche perfumes.

on 5/11/2009 12:59:00 AM

The bottle is precious, def not very unique but I love sweet scents so it was my thing but my husband just thought is was just ok so it wasn't worth spending my money,

on 5/9/2009 4:43:00 PM

Except for the bottle which is very pretty, this scent is just a generic fruity/vanilla. There is nothing that makes this scent unique or memorable. When I asked my husband what he thought of Fancy, he just shrugged his shoulders. That's about how I feel after wearing it about 8 hours. I'm glad I bought the 1 ounce size and it was not an investment of good money.

P.S. It's been a few days and I've given Fancy another road test. I hate to buy something sight unseen and feel I've wasted my money so I tried Fancy again. I still would not repurchase but it has grown on me. Perhaps I didn't apply enough previously but the scent is curiously comforting probably since I like vanilla as a flavor. I still feel that this scent is nothing special but I will use the bottle up.

on 5/2/2009 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Long lasting sweet scent thats imo good to wear in the colder months but I love wearing it year round! The bottle is so pretty....I luv this scent!!

on 4/28/2009 2:41:00 AM

Smells like cookies. Yum... but kind of boring.

on 4/27/2009 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I took one sniff and said, "sugar shock!" Way too sweet for me but I would guess that if I were about 15 years younger, I would really like it.

Popular Fragrances