Dior Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

Aqua (water), Paraffin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolmer, Ploybutene, Bis-Diglyceryl, Polyacyladipate-2, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, C18-26 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Acacia Senegal (Acacia Senegal Gum), Silica, Hydroxyethyl- cellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycerol, Tetrasodium Eda, Sodium Laureth -12 Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Sodium Polyacrylate, Sericin, Sorbic Acid, BHT, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben ( /- : CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens)).

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I was really excited to try this mascara regardless of the price (I think I paid thirty something plus tax), because of its attractive packaging and claims. The first application out of the tube was disappointing. It took the curl out of my lashes that my Shiseido curler gave me, and it just didn't do much. I liked the glossiness and definition, but it wasn't dark enough and actually had a grey tint. I kept in mind that most mascaras change once they thicken a bit, so I waited it out. After a month, it was still disappointly grey and unimpressive. The formula, like the original Diorshow, is just too heavy and weighs down my lashes even when paired with Shiseido mascara base. Very disappointed.

i didnt buy this, but i tried it out at sephora in the afternoon. at first it was "wow!" because it gives amazing length and the best curl for a non wp mascara (comes off easy with water btw) but by night it smudged under my eyes pretty bad.

on 12/24/2009 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

hmmm... why did I wait so long to write a review for this product? Diorshow Iconic is simply amazing! It holds curls like no other, and lengthens your lashes like crazy. The only bad thing about this mascara is that it doesn't provide enough volume, but it's great for day time looks.

on 12/17/2009 8:57:00 AM

This holds a curl, fans out my lashes, and is multi-functional. With two coats, this is my low-key look (for work, meeting up with much more low-key friends). Two coats + another mascara with serious lengthening power and pigmentation (e.g. Givenchy's Phenomen'Eyes) = fake fake lashes that don't clump (got that?). Half of the time when I use several coats of my "fake" lash mascara, I get spider eyes, but with Iconic as a base, I get gorgeous lashes.

I wouldn't say that Iconic curls my lashes by themselves, but it doesn't flatten my lashes like most mascaras (oh, yeah, so if I wear lengthening mascaras by themselves, I get really long, really flat lashes. also not pretty). I said I'd purchase this again, but though I like the product, the price tag is still pretty hard to stomach. I'm only somewhat likely to buy it during friends and family.

on 12/15/2009 9:19:00 PM

Nothing to call home about. I mean, it's by no standard a BAD mascara - it is very black, and in my opinion it certainly lives up to it's promise to lengthen. But for $27? I have fairly long, but very fine eyelashes with a slight natural curl. This did curl them (and keep the curl) ever so slightly, but the amount of layers it took to create any volume to speak of was enough to make you sick. I could have gotten ten more minutes of sleep this morning! I'll take my current go-to for runway lashes, Chanel Exceptionnel, over this any day. That being said - I could see it working well for someone who is only looking for length. But that is NOT me! I'll be returning this one, that's for sure.

on 12/7/2009 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Pros
Defines lashes
Lengthens lashes
Holds a curl for a few hours
No racoon eye

Cons
Does not curl lashes
Does not add volume
Expensive

I'll continue to re-buy mascara despite it's price until I find my HG.

on 11/26/2009 7:27:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I thought I'd treat myself with a 'high end' mascara since I had only ever really used cheaper ones (covergirl, maybelline) plus it came with a free mini lipstick hehe.. Finally bought after seeing it in mags and reading good reviews about.
Its worked really well for me, normally when mascaras boast about giving more curl it doesn't really work for me as I'd normally have to curl my lashes to get the 'curl' that they go on about... Just a note, my lashes are in between straight/curled. When using Iconin I DON'T need to cur my lashes (finally!) The mascara actually curls and holds it for me! The formula dries quite quickly (non waterproof), so if u get it onto your skin you'd have to get it off right away otherwise it'd be a little harder to remove!
Lashes are separated and defined nicely with hardly any clumps. When compared with LashBlast my lashes look more fanned out, thickened defined with Diorshow Iconic.
No flaking, no smudging with a full days wear.

on 11/24/2009 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I'm still trying to find my perfect mascara. Diorshow Iconic seemed VERY promising, but I would just say it's a good mascara and does a good job. The problem is that I can get similar effects with much cheaper ones. I was so disappointing; everybody I knew was telling how wonderful it was...

... not for me.

on 11/20/2009 9:53:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Iconic didn't wow me like I thought it would. I LOVE big, long, fat lashes and this one didn't live up to the hype.

PROS:
- Liked the fat brush. Similar to Benefit Bad Gal Lash's big wand, though Iconic wasn't as good.
- Lengthens a bit while product is new and still "juicy," but not as much as Benefit Bad Gal Lash.
CONS:
- Could not curl lashes when I had applied Iconic to lashes. Stuck to lash curler (I do not mean it just left residue; It was sticky (even after allowing time for it to dry) so I had to tug the curler to get it "unstuck" from my lashes! Curling post-application also caused clumping. (I realize you're supposed to curl lashes before, but I like the dramatic bend by curling AFTER mascara application. This is the only mascara I've used that made doing so impossible.)
- A little clumpy in general.
- Dries out quickly. Doesn't last.
- Expensive (around $27 USD at Sephora.) Pricey for the quality. Better than drugstore brands in some ways but DEF. not as good as other higher-end brands that are cheaper to boot.
Will NOT repurchase. continued >>

on 11/19/2009 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I love this mascara so much i want to cry!! Honestly this is the mascara which gives my lashes incredible volume and length. Ive previously tried the original Diorshow mascara which is i found to be just okay, afterall it did clump and smudge abit. Im so so happy that i purchased this one instead, the brush is to die for and make clumpy spidery lashes virtually impossible! I have this in the waterproof version and the staying power is amazing..this mascara is quite hard to remove come night time and you will need a good eye makeup remover to do so, but i prefer my eye makeup to have good staying power and not have to worry about it throughout the day and night. The first night which i wore this mascara, i was actually going to wear false lashes instead, but because i was already running late to head out and my boyfriend was getting a tad impatient haha, i skipped the falsies and applied a couple of quick coats of this instead. When my bf came back into the bathroom he looked at me and told me my eyes looked amazing with the false lashes on...haha noo it was all thanks to this mascara, and trust me my bf hardly notices anything makeup related!