Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

I love this mascara. I have bought all kinds of mascara in all price ranges and I always end up back up at this one. However, I did recently tried clump crusher, and I gotta say, Volum' Express should be nervous that I'll be replacing her next time I need new mascara.

on 12/18/2013 5:43:00 PM

I have been using this same mascara for 6 years now. I LOVE it!! Every now and then ill but a new brand to try but I am never as pleased as I am with this. It makes my lashes long, no clumps and lots of volume. So far this is all I will continue to buy unless someone can truly convince me otherwise with proof.

I ALWAYS use waterproof because you never have to worry about little flakes coming off it always stays solid. It looks the same 12 hours later as it does when I first applied it. Also, it does have a slight Oder to it but I don't realize it anymore after so many years with it.

I highly recommend this mascara!

on 12/8/2013 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I bought this mascara multiple times and loved it but I think I got a couple of bad bottles because one of the ones I bought was really thick and impossible to use, this happened twice and I stopped buying it because I didn't want to waste more money. It was super good when it worked, added lots of volume and length but I haven't bought it since I got those few bad batches.

on 12/3/2013 8:19:00 PM

Best mascara i've tried in a longgg time! It gives such great volume and length! I use my lash brush first and a clear mascara and eyelash curler and then apply, amazing! it wouldn't have such a good effect if you didn't prime your eyelashes first though, just remember :) !

on 11/26/2013 11:53:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This mascara is nice. It gives good volume, little bit of length, and lift. It doesn't smudge or flake on me which is usually my biggest problem with mascara. I like this but my all time favorite is still Loreal Telescopic Carbon Black. Won't be repurchasing.

on 11/26/2013 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my go-to mascara!

My lashes are naturally long, but lack volume. Not with this mascara!

It doesn't clump, doesn't flake and doesn't cost a bomb.

I haven't found another mascara in a similar price range that does the job as good as this one!

on 11/18/2013 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I didn't purchase this myself. My mother did. we borrow each other's makeup so i decided to give this a try. it was the perfect mascara it give me volume and length. the only problem i have with it is that it gets clumpy in the tube really quickly

on 11/16/2013 8:18:00 PM

I LOVE this mascara. Possible the best I have ever tried. It gives my eyelashes so much volume as well as making them long and without looking clumpy, which is exactly what a mascara should have! I love the look it gives and the brush and just everything about it. For less than £10 you can't go wrong.

on 11/15/2013 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

MY DRUG STORE HG...So, I tried this mascara back in 2010 after purchasing "The Falsies" Waterproof by accident, I returned it & the lady at the Shoppers Drug Mart cosmetics counter suggested I try The Colossal since I told her it was volume galore I was after. I really loved it then. Recently my bf bought me the Colossal again (but the Smoky Eye Blackest Smoke) kind (NON WP). It made me wonder why I sort of forgot about it for 3 years considering I LOVE it. I was lost in Voluminous land for a while there plus constantly testing out others by L'Oreal. Anyhow, back to Colossal. The collagen leaves lashes nicely in place, in other words - holds a curl well. The brush is nice & thick so it picks up the product. I require volume & I get a TON of volume with this mascara. Thick, luscious eye lashes & only 2 coats per eye (rather then my regular 3 or 4 with other mascaras). I actually like the smell. It reminds me of honey. I'm not sure how it does for length as I've that naturally, but I do know that it is 2 of my girl-friends' go to mascara & they say it provides them with length as well as volume.
UPDATE: Mar 22-2014 RE purchased "Glam Black" - still just as luscious, I think I like the REG type over the Smoky Eye b/c I get even thicker lashes w/ it & sooo curled!! 5 lippies from me.

on 11/14/2013 4:40:00 PM

The mascara is overall good but the smell is the only reason I didn't give this product 5 lippies. I wouldn't repurchase it just because of the smell, but other than that its good

Popular Mascaras