Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 2/16/2014 6:21:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm not a big fan of this foundation, it clings to any dry patches you have whilst somehow still being quite moisturising so my tzone get incredibly oily. I also can't believe they can call this an invisible foundation because you can see it on top of your skin in natural light, almost like a powdery mask. The only good pointed about this foundation is that it photographs well and does come in a huge range of colours.

on 2/14/2014 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I first tried this foundation in the summer of 2012. Although I thought it was amazing at first, it did become less greater towards the fall/winter time because it was too drying on my skin. This is not a foundation for girls with dry skin because it feels itchy and your skin feels tight. If you have oily-combination skin this foundation wpuld be perfect! The cost is too dear for a foundation so i would not repurchase but was pleasantly surprised with the results throughout the months of the summer!!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

What can I say about Makeup Forever?!
I was introduced to it about 3 years ago and fell in loooove!!! The foundation is so silky/smooth on my olive tone skin that I have been buying it every time it ran out.
It is a bit pricey at $40 but worth it if you can afford it.

You'll love the feel & the way it looks natural yet gives you absolute full coverage. Use in little amounts so you can save as much as possible :)

on 2/8/2014 5:44:00 PM

One of my HG Foundation! This will always be a staple on my make up kit!:D

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really wanted to love this foundation because its hd, oil free with medium coverage, but I couldn't. This stuff did not last on my oily skin at all. Within two hours I was extremely shiny and my foundation look non existent. This foundation also clogged my pores pretty badly. Good thing I only got a sample of this foundation! Oh boy..

on 2/7/2014 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Foundation is something I always play with. I am not necessarily loyal to any one foundation. However, this one is one of my favorites and I buy it a few times a year. I have medium toned skin and that tans easily. During the Summer I wear 123 and during the Winter I wear 118. I have also found mixing these two colors gives me the perfect shade for those in between times. When it comes to shades, there are plenty which is a definite pro with this line of foundations.
Obviously it is an HD foundation, so this is great for any time when you are going to be in front of the camera. Having pictures done, or perhaps your wedding day when there will be plenty of photos being taken. It won't give you that washed out, ghostly white face!
I have blemish prone skin, acne, old acne discoloration, and redness. (Ugh!) This is a great full coverage foundation, but it doesn't feel heavy on your skin. It's easy to wear. Doesn't leave you with a matte finish, would be more on the side of a dewy finish.
Wears all day.
Overall, this is a great foundation! I would highly recommend it. Go to Sephora, let them match your shade, get a sample and take it home and wear it for 2-3 days and see if it's right for you.
I would highly recommend it! One of the better foundations out there!

I tried this whe I walked into a random Sephora while touring NYC with a couple friend during the Christmas season back in '08. I had no idea that this foundation was building a cult following, I really like it and the way it "clean up" my face but it still looked like my skin. It was not goop and never broke me out.

on 2/5/2014 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Overall a really good coverage liquid foundation. On good days, I don't even require concealer. However, produces oil too quickly and not ideal for oily skin. Requires touching up to prevent shine. Does not break me out particularly, but requires more attention to remove thoroughly due to its coverage.

Too expensive, but can last me approx 6-9 months using it everyday. Just 1 pump for the entire face (with a bit of remaining foundation to use as concealer if required).

Don't like how loose the cap is. Drop it once and the cap will never fit tightly again.

Update: changed this from a 4 star to a 3 star because I realised more flaws in this foundation as I learn more about foundations. This transfers, oxidizes, and it looks patchy after shine breaks through. Also updated to will not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Bought this to give it a try. The lady in Sephora recommended the 153 Shade and since their lighting is horrendous in there... I was slightly convinced to buying it. Give it a few days of wear and my mum laughed at me stating that it looked like my face is covered in 'mud'. I looked at it some more (I usually do my makeup in front of the window for more natural and accurate lighting)... and I was just mortified. It was definitely darker than my own skin tone. I finally got my match with Shade 123 and it looked perfect with natural light plus the foundation can be sheered down to a natural finish. Its a great match under natural light but under Flash Photo it has was slightly lighter than my neck but it wasnt to bad... there wasnt any flashback. It has NO oil control at all so be weary and find a nice powder to touch up your T Zone. It lasts a good 6+ hohrs on my skin and I dont normally like touching up my liquid foundation. I use this on a daily basis on my 12H shifts and it does just fine. I used to use Benefit Hello Oxygen and it was the exact same quality... sheer, buildable, great with photos, and no oil control. I dont regret buying it though since I really want a base that does not look like makeup. I will continue using it until I find the next best thing. My MUST HAVES with foundations: 1. Flash Photo Friendly 2. Looks like skin/Undetectable 3. Oil Control 4. Long Lasting 5. Close to a Perfect Match with my own skin

on 2/3/2014 1:32:00 AM

I have combination skin so this foundation didn't last long on me. I think it should be used for people with dry and/ or normal skin. I don't recommend it for those with oily or combo skin. It has light to medium coverage. If you use it with setting powder than it may last longer. It leaves my skin with a dewy finish but it is just not for me because I have a oily t-zone and the dewy finish, made my skin look even oilier, even with setting powder.

Video Reviews & Tutorials