Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 7/8/2014 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Sadly this wasn't for me :(

Don't understand the HD claim as this stuff looked way obvious on my skin.

I don't really think there are enough color selections-- as (at least in the light shades) they run either wayyy to pink or wayyy too yellow... 117 was like a cartoony yellow.

I knew it was time to purge this when I caught a look at myself in department store lighting, and I saw how my face in comparison to my flesh colored chest was just a butter yellow like I was a simpson character or something (I was also incredibly oily- so this didn't do zilch for oil control :/)

I applied this using fingers, sponge and brush and none seemed to really help the foundation from just sitting on top of my skin and looking unnatural. There was also an unwanted affect of accentuating fine lines and pores ://

Pros:
great packaging. sturdy plastic bottle, compact, lid, pump, travel friendly.. all youd want in a bottle design
didn't break out my skin

Con:
not good color option IMO, needs more neutrals, beiges, etc
Sits on top of skin, doesn't blend w skin, I don't understand the HD claim, etc
on the pricier side (considering how I wasn't all that satisfied w it)
Accentuated lines, made my skin look dehydrated YET ALSO made me very oily after a few hours of wear

For reference I use daily and love UD naked skin in shade 1, and mac f&b in c1. Even though f&b is a dewy foundation, I actually look less oily after a few hours in this than I do after a few hours wearing mufe hd :/

on 7/5/2014 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this foundations, the colour N180 blends beautifully with my complexion. Great pump, makes for ease of use little mess. Coverage is moderate, will need concealer if you have something dark to hide. I find that I put a little extra dab of the foundation on any discolorations that work just as good too.This is the only reason I give it 4 stars not 5. My skin looks smooth and radiant, I don't find it has much of a smell. I wish the price wasn't so expensive, but oh well I'm sold!

on 7/5/2014 1:40:00 AM

I like the coverage and the feel but unfortunately causes me to break out in horrible cystic acne.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I decided to purchase this product after seeing so many tutorials on YouTube where this is used. I have NW130 skin. For me, this was an OK product that I did not love or hate. As another person put it, it looked great if I was having a great skin day because of the nice, satin finish it gives. Otherwise, it was a tad too sheer (which doesn't particularly bother me, but it did surprise/disappoint me.) I also had trouble setting it, and felt it was sticky and not able to stay put for long. I alternated between Sephora's #55 Airbrush Foundation Brush and my beautyblender for application. I used a pressed powder AND a finishing powder! On a good note, I don't feel as though this was responsible for any breakouts (it didn't really hide them, either) and the bottle lasted me about 4-5 months with everyday use. I'm not sure if I would repurchase. Maybe I would keep it as an alternative option to a heavier coverage product.. but am not running out to repurchase. Overall, a very hyped product with little more than drug store results.

DISCLAIMER: I have only tried samples of this product; I did not purchase it.
Please disregard my rating for the packaging because I have only used it from a sample pot.

I tried samples of this product in 3 different shades (Pink Porcelain 110, Ivory 115 and Sand Sand 125). Ivory was the best match for my skin. I wore it for about one week.

PROS:
* Feels light on skin, not heavy or cakey.
* Reasonable price (would have cost me AUD $46.50 [plus shipping] with a pro MUA discount had I purchased it from Media Makeup Store).

CONS:
* Irritated my very sensitive skin, probably because it contains fragrance.
* "Cracked" over my nose - the finish was nice on the rest of my face, but that ruined it.
* I found it a bit too sheer for my liking (I like the NARS Sheer Glow level of coverage).
* Did not last very long because it didn't seem to set, even after applying powder.

on 6/25/2014 10:33:00 PM

I mean, it's okay. It's just that you really have to be having a good skin day for it to look awesome. I don't think it's very full coverage, so your skin shows through.

on 6/25/2014 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product did not wow me at all. I received a generous sample from Seph. in #17. It was nothing special at all. It's a rather light foundation, as it did not cover all my imperfections that well (I have several, mostly uneven skin tone). It did not have a nice finish to it, did nothing to cover pores on my nose, and lasted maybe 6 hours in total. Would not recommend.

on 6/23/2014 11:01:00 AM

I love this foundation, but I always break out a couple of days after I use it. For me, it gives great coverage! I always get this foundation in a little lighter shade because I feel like it oxidizes, but only slightly!

on 6/22/2014 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I read 100s of reviews on this foundation before I purchased it. I got my shade from findation.com as the closest place to me that sells it was London (200 miles away) the shade was perfect and I got loads of compliments on how gorgeous my skin looked. The foundation blended beautifully and made me look completely flawless my only down side is I didn't feel like it stayed in place all day. I have combination oil skin and by lunch time I would have to blot towards the end of the day it had come off in areas and my skin didn't look as flawless/healthy as the first couple of hours. My verdict this - this is amazing for a night out especially if you're taking your camera however got everyday work ect it's no :-(

on 6/20/2014 2:49:00 AM

I had high hopes for this foundation after watching cassandra (diamondsandheels) on youtube raving about this, I was tossing up between this and the Kat von D tattoo foundation but chose the MUFE HD because of everyone telling me how great the coverage is, how great it is in photos and it looks amazing on the skin. I bought this for $80 (Cheapest way to buy it from Australia). I was so dissapointed, the coverage was medium at most, my redness shun from underneath and I needed a lot of my Mac Prolongwear concealer underneath to get it to a full sort of coverage. I think this product is just hyped up way too much there are much better alternatives with better coverage available, This foundation emphasized my pores like crazy!! Even after porefessional! Would not buy this again, I wanted to love it. But it is just an average foundation. It reminds me a lot of True match foundation but makes your pores stand out even more.