July 30, 2014 | 1999 users online

Hair Treatments - Moroccanoil - Morrocan Oil Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 4:28:00 AM More reviews by marie29

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Flat out the best hair product I have used in 30 years. Can't find it anymore! Went to company website and printed out list of salons and called everyone of them. Only 1 had 1 bottle left so I drove 50 miles to go get it. Be careful buying on Amazon as some of the reviews say they are not getting the real thing when the product is shipped. You will know the difference. Have tried other companies argan oils including organix and no comparison to this one. Not only did it make my color treated naturally frizzy hair as soft as can be, but it also caused my hair to actually grow longer (a good thing when your in your 50's) Love it. I saw this product at tj maxx about a year ago for 29.99 and bought 3 botttles, which makes me think that either it's going thru a packaging change or somethings up because the salons are saying they can't even get it. Any one know what is going on with distribution?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Annie9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product... I have thin, dry hair that REALLY lacks moisture... this is my cure. I read the amazing reviews on MUA so I thought I would give it a try... if you have dry hair.. this will change your life. I can't go a day without it anymore... makes my hair feel and look so much healthier, adds shine, moisture, and helps tame static and fly aways. I don't know how it would work on someone with thick or greasy hair... but for those of you with thin and/or dry hair, or anyone who colour treats their hair.. it's definitely worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Blodwyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product.
It may not have much argan oil but it still works.
I don't really notice any difference until after I use my straightening irons, the heat seems to activate it. Its expensive but turns my hair from straw to silk so I'd never straighten without it.
I have actually used pure argan oil on my hair and its good but not as good as the morrocanoil so maybe the added silicones make the difference...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by olympialetantoli

Liquid Gold, or a big fat LIE. First off this product claims to be some amazing natural wonder. But really less that 2% of the is aragon oil. Its mostly silicone based...thus you have soft hair & shine! You could use your leather car protector and get the same results. I found that a single drop was enough and I had to massage it in my hands first before running through my hair... but I didn't like the texture of my hair after. I went back to using my Jasmine Oil. But the most upsetting thing is they really can't get off on calling it Moroccan oil. Very misleading, save your money and get the REAL Aragon Oil. This product is so false it has alot of perfume and colouring which made my scalp the next day itchy and dry... Anyways if your hairs soooo damaged you should get a hair cut. This product won't help against heating or the damage that styling causes over time. I use Josie Maran's Organic Aragan Oil on my skin and tried it on my hair once and it does nourish my hair. ALSO...it's 100% aragan oil and you can use it from head to toe. Unlike silicones which are in "Moraccan Oil" real oil doesn't clog up your pores... which is exactly what silicones do once they build up over time. If you want to use silicones you can find cheaper products that have silicones like Kerestase.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Bslade2189

OMG!!!!! My mom and I call it our "liqued gold" lol ... i work at Empire Beauty Supply and i special ordered this product and i can really say that i and my hair have an addiction to this product... it smells AMAZING!!!! there is zero alcohol so it will not dry out your hair ... i wear extensions so its extremely important that i dont use anything that will dry my hair out... when i used the Morrocan Oil it made my hair and hair extensions feel like it was virgin hair the amount of shine you get from it is unbelievable.... make sure you only apply to the ends and then work your way up it can get heavy and greasy ... my only flaw is i wish that the packaging was a pump bottle instead of a twisty lid... OVERALL AMAZING!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by stephanieee

100% my favorite product ever. this changed my hair completely. naturally my hair is wavy, frizzy and dry. i put about a dime size in my hair when its damp and blow dry it. seriously makes my hair like silk. i like the fragrance to it because it's not too sweet or flowery smelling. it's very unique. i have the big bottle with the pump but it definitely pumps out too much for my collar bone length hair and i have a ton of hair. i'd advise just pour some in your hand. i will probably buy this forever or until they make something better.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2011 3:07:00 AM More reviews by sealight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, I'm not sure if it's because I bought the bottle off of ebay, or because everyone's comments on here hyped me up, but I am disappointed.

Yes, it made my hair very soft. But it did nothing, and I mean nothing for my frizz, I started to feel as though my frizz was worse (I didn't use my de-frizz serum). And yes, I guess it is possible to have very soft hair with frizz.
I dunno. I tried applying a lot more on my third go and it just made my hair oily. Maybe I need to keep at it for sometime. Or maybe it's cuz I bought from ebay (but the seller had really good ratings). I'm just annoyed that it wasn't anything like the miracle in the bottle it was supposed to be. I feel as though I could give up on the extra softness and use a little olive oil instead.
I'm considering buying another bottle or trying a sample from a more local source.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by freddy1

I will never let go of this product. I bought a shelf full of hair savers after going from dark brown to dark blonde. My hair went from thick and healthy to thin and lifeless.

It takes a couple of weeks of using it to notice a dramatic difference, but after that my hair looked healthy and natural again. It's pretty much the only hair product I use. I use it as an over night treatment, as a leave in conditioner and as a shine/styling product. I was a little worried about the silicones but I've been using it for about a year now and haven't noticed any detrimental effects to my hair.

MY FAVOURITE.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by hnrenfro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG product had to review it twice, this product saved my hairs life <3 every other oil ive used is so heavy for my fine wavy hair i wear straight.
UPDATE 7 25 11
this product willl BUILD UP horribly i disscontinued use

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2011 2:47:00 AM More reviews by lovespugs

This product must work for a lot of people because it has a high rating. In my case, it did very little. I have blond hair with caramel highlights and a solid block of caramel underneath. I tried this product in a few ways. Firstly I tried it when my hair was damp and I used it when I was blow drying my hair. This was disastrous and my hair turned out frizzy and nasty. Next I tried it after using my regular product for blow drying when my hair was dry to stop fly ways. I found that my hair simply sucked the product up and was next to useless. I found that the best use for the product was when I wore my hair up. It gave it a slightly sleeker look.

However, this product is very expensive in Australia and the bottle is not very practical to use as it is a screw top. You also get a tiny amount of product for the price. There are many, many products on the market that are superior and are cheaper. For me, it is a waste on money.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No