October 23, 2014 | 1747 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Loopachu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've tried to like this. I've bought it on several occasions, wowed by the reviews here, hoping it would clear up some mild body acne and KP. But it's just too abrasive for me. It makes my legs itchy and my back and shoulders break out, so I switched back to a shower poof. I do have sensitive skin, for the record.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by PollGirl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS! Gets my pores really clean, and it makes soap and shower gels last a long time. Sudses up really well. It's helping my back acne clear up. Get one! It's so cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by melanieeatsghosts

Absolutely fantastic. I have keratosis pilaris and this has reduced it (or at least the bumpiness) greatly. LOVE. I feel super smooth after.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by avironneur

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WHAT IS IT? Nylon washcloth (large enough to use on one's back without reaching)
INGREDIENTS: Nylon
DOES IT PERFORM? This has a very tight mesh consistency that allows it to be sufficiently abrasive to exfoliate well without being overly rough. Use with care on more delicate regions of the body. I use this is as my sole body cleanser along with water and find that it removes dirt and odours easily. I wash mine after use to prevent bacterial buildup (hand wash with soap) and dry outside the humid conditions in the bathroom. Washing with the salux cloth and water has prevented the usual dry itchy skin that comes with Canadian winters and also works well to remove the chlorine smell from my skin after swimming. I do not need or use a cleanser with this cloth. This has also prevented the appearance of keratosis pilaris on my upper arms as it exfoliates without drying.
WOULD YOU BUY AGAIN? Absolutely. There are now several alternative bath mitts and cloths available both in the US and Canada in brick and mortar stores - look for any mesh cloth or glove that lists nylon as its principle component.
PRICE: $5.00 CAD online

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

Gosh I have had my pack of 2 towels for a loooong loooooong loooooong time. I am actually embarassed to say how long in case it might gross people out but it just goes to show how long these things keep even with regular use. I actually found my towels in a Marshalls. I immediately knew I had to have these and that they made sense as a regular bath tool. I will definately buy more if mine ever fall apart but they seem to be industrial strength.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

The best exfoliating towel EVER! They were all sold out at multiple Asian stores in my area, but my coworker had an extra and let me have it. Yes, it is rough, but don't overdo it with the scrubbing and it will leave your skin baby smooth. It also helped with my eczema. I also use it on my face very gently and leaves it super smooth for days.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by DrMim

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Right...these are fantastic. You feel extremely clean, exfoliated and really...invigorated. Seriously. They really do get your circulation going. I could really tell as my tattoos stood out quite vividly after I finished in the shower. I also used it very gently on my face...once a week or so of that and you will have a very clean, exfoliated, smooth face as well. Customer service from the website is fab... I ordered my cloths last weekend, they shipped on on my Tuesday here in New Zealand and arrived in THREE days from California. These will stay as a staple in my bathroom -

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2011 2:12:00 AM More reviews by melisssssssac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Okay, just adding to the hundreds of girls already obsessed with these bath towels. I have never felt cleaner or better exfoliated before...I just lather up with my regular soap bar and scrub away. Just bought a 4-pack to give to my mum & sis :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2011 12:26:00 AM More reviews by nadeen4ever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

i'm in love ..my skin is much more softer , my back is much more clear now , i feel really clean..i mean really clean ..would def repurchase again and again and again as long as this wash cloth does what it does now ...hope the makers of this wash cloth never change a thing about it ..love

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 12:34:00 AM More reviews by gandiko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wish all products were this effective, long lasting, cheap and all-around useful!

I bought these off of saluxshop.com, and the lady who owns the business is lovely. I got mine in no time and they're the actual things.

I can't rave enough about these. I love scrubbing the dead skin and crap off my skin, so I give myself a jolly good scrub with this until my skin is red and soft, and I love it. I use a retinoid which accelerates the lifespan of all skin cells, so I used to step out of the shower and have a bunch of dead skin come off when I towelled off (gross, I know) even though I had just washed in the shower. The salux towels get rid of everything, and your skin feels so plump and clean and SOFT afterwards. I really am addicted to these things - I use them before shaving, after shaving, every single day, on every single expanse of skin (except my face, which would be a horrible idea), and go extra hard on my feet and elbows. Cream, oil lotion what have you all go in perfectly after your shower and you absorb everything just so much better.

Highly recommend! They're cheap, they last a while, they're long enough to use on your back and do a shimmy while you scrub at your butt (try it, it's fun :P), every part of the towel suds up wonderfully, they dry fast and they'll scrape every single dead cell off your skin. Don't bother with exfoliation gloves sold elsewhere, they just don't compare.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No