April 21, 2014 | 998 users online

Powder - Clinique - Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2009 11:29:00 PM More reviews by arikabh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this was my first makeup that my older sister bought for me in high school. this is a great light coverage powder foundation. i like a bit more coverage now and i prefer MACs packaging but i would have no problem recommending this to anyone. i really like the color range of these foundations.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2009 9:26:00 PM More reviews by iloveMnMs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've had this for a few months now but I only use it occasionally. I just don't like it and can't figure out how to use it to get the results everyone raves about. On me it just looks chalky, no matter how little I apply it, or whatever I use to apply it. I have the 02 neutral Fair (VF/MF), which is almost a perfect color match for me. I will update (and add a lippie!) if I ever figure it out.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2009 1:08:00 PM More reviews by sweeetie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Overall: DONT use this if you have dry or flakey skin. ONLY GOOD FOR OILY SKIN TYPES. Can look really cakey on dry skin, totally not idiot proof, you have to exfoliate like crazy if your even considering using this.

Color: I'm a NC25 , got 02 neutral Fair and the color is nice, not too pink, not too yellow. Exactly how it sounds.

Pros: Minimizes pores REALLY well! :) So that looks really pretty
Cons: Drying like I said.

Most likely Hg for: Oily Acne prone skin ( clinique doesnt use fragnances so I doubt you'll break out! )

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2009 7:30:00 AM More reviews by pilaras

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have combo skin, NW20, and my tone of almost is 2.
This powder looks me like chalky, and it drier my skin. I can't used this foundation :-(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2009 5:18:00 PM More reviews by lurketylurk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation. I adore it. A good bit of my adoration comes from the fact that it's a perfect color match for me and pretty sheer coverage, so I can brush it on over problem areas of my face without having to worry about putting on a full mask every day. It's the perfect foundation for someone that needs a little perfecting and has no patience for make up. What's more, it looks better as the day wears on. It melts into my skin and looks very natural - it's so nice to look even better at the end of the day than I did in the morning. This will always be the foundation for me - I don't even want to try any others and I am a serial dater when it comes to most products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2009 8:51:00 PM More reviews by lillylou2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have yet to find a powder that I like as well or more than this one.
Over foundation it looks great... not "powdery" at all and it seems to last. This powder with My Lancome teint idole ultra
Has just been a dream for me. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 2:21:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

I expected more after reading all the good reviews. Very average powder foundation. It does cover well and can be layered but oil control is poor as well as its staying power. It tends to pool into my pores. Or stay right around them making them look huge and obvious. I am not new to powder foundations and have tried several ways of applying it. Same result!
The color match is pretty good though and doesn't change color on me. I have it in fair (01 VF).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2009 10:21:00 AM More reviews by kims3142

This powder gives very good coverage and absorbs oil very well. I actually like this product a lot, but unfortunately the color selection is not great. I used Neutral and Deep and both were too pink. I am Asian with strong olive & yellow tones and Clinique doesn't really have those kinds of shades. Neutral was pretty good & Deep was ok when I was tanned, but as soon as I started to get a little darker, I was looking very old-lady-pink.

For about $22, this is a great product. I didn't have any breakouts from this and it wears pretty well & most importantly it doesn't really oxidize too much. I think that ALL powder foundations oxidize somewhat when mixed with your own oils, some are much worse than others (I'm talking to you Studio Fix!!!), but this is really minimal.

I recommend highly if you get a good color match in this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 4:48:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was pretty disappointed with Almost Powder Makeup. I prefer compact foundations (powder or cream), that provide light/medium coverage and don't transfer. The reviews on Almost Powder Makeup seemed promising, so I stopped by the Clinique counter at the mall to give it a try. For $25, I was a little skeptical about buying it, but their return policy was forgiving so I went ahead and bought it. It comes in a sleek, green marble compact with a large mirror inside. The puff is better quality than drugstore compacts, but I'd only use it for touchups. I buffed with a kabuki, but my skin still looked powdery and flakey. The coverage is ok, it concealed redness and acne scars fairly well. The staying power is almost non-existant. I applied around 1:00, and by 3:00 it was almost gone. I'd end up reapplying five times a day and going through compact after compact. At $25 a pop, that's not something I can afford.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by gigiberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am on my 2nd one of these and absolutely love it. I am obsessed with finding the best face products for my combo, acne-prone skin with a lot to cover and this is the best powder foundation/pressed powder I have found.

First of all, I am thrilled to have been able to find a great color match as most Clinique face products make me look like an Oompa Loompa. Fair is perfect for my NC15 skintone. I apply using my beloved Too Faced Kabuki brush, and use the enclosed sponge only for touchups on the go. Coverage is light-medium depending on your application method. I get great medium yet natural looking coverage when I use my kabuki brush. This only looks cakey if you really overapply and then whose fault is that? :) I used this successfully when I had combo skin last summer and now with dry skin in the fall/winter as I am now on Accutane. I apply this after using Revlon Colorstay as a concealer to cover red marks and blemishes and it looks great over both bare skin and foundation/concealer. This also never breaks me out and doesn't feel heavy.

The only con is that it does not have any oil-control at all, but I prefer to blot during the day with blot papers and MAC Blot pressed powder since my skin tends to get flaky in spots. I would much rather use Almost Powder and have glowy smooth skin and risk getting oily during the day then start out the day with a mattifying powder that may dry my skin out. I love Almost Powder!