Clinique Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

3.9

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: titanium dioxide 13.00% [] octinoxate 2.00% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: talc [] dimethicone [] nylon-12 [] silica [] squalane [] boron nitride [] vinyl dimethicone/methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer [] cetyl caprylate [] diisostearyl malate [] phytosteryl/isostearyl/cetyl/stearyl/behenyl dimer dilinoleate [] methicone [] aluminum hydroxide [] glycerin [] sodium hyaluronate [] magnesium palmitoyl glutamate [] sodium palmitoyl sarcosinate [] palmitoyl proline [] alumina [] tocopherol [] palmitic acid [] 1,2-hexanediol [] ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate [] tin oxide [] sodium dehydroacetate [] [ /- iron oxides (ci 77499, ci 77492, ci 77491) [] mica [] titanium dioxide (ci 77891)]

on 2/22/2010 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It's a great powder--high-quality, creamy, natural-looking, prettily packaged--that lasts many months. But I couldn't wear it in the summer because the slightest sweat melted it off and left streaks and patches! It's just a powder, so that probably can't be helped. So if you're like me and get sweaty easily, this is probably not the best choice. I switched to the Clinique Almost Makeup liquid, which is waterproof, and have been happy.

on 2/22/2010 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been looking for a powder foundation for my combination skin for a LONG time...this isn't my HG but it is close. The color is great- does not turn orange. I am using Fair & it blends perfectly. I took one lippy off because I find it does not control shine super well & I have to touch up in the afternoon. I will definitely repurchase this.

on 2/20/2010 1:29:00 AM

I have this in 04 Neutral.It provides a light coverage. It would look cakey if I try to build it up. I have oily skin, and I find this would only last for about 3 hours, before I have to reapply. If I just happen to scratch or blot or wipe my face for some reason, it comes off easily. That said, it doesn't break me out, but I wouldn't recommend it for oily skin. I'm about to finish my first compact and won't be repurchasing.

on 2/19/2010 7:37:00 PM

Love this ! looks super natural great for summer!

on 2/18/2010 4:53:00 PM

Lately, I am looking for a mu that is super duper easy, kinda a one stop for all: decent (light-med) coverage, no perfurm, at least SPF 15, easy/quick to apply, and matifying. 'Cause my body is going thru some major changes that I am tired all the time, where I'm even losing the energy to do my mu, which had never happened in the past. So instead of doing the whole mu routine in the morning, I need something that does it all for me. Anyway, this powder mu almost meet all my expectation. No, it doesn't have any oil control capability, which I don't think it said it does, so I would expect to blot after a few hours. When first apply, this feels really creamy, not powdery at all. I agree with other reviews, I do not like the Clinique sponge either, but I do like sponge application with this mu, so I use the Shiseido's sponge instead (Shiseido makes the best sponge). The cover is med. I do need a concealer to cover my dark circles and aged spots. But this works well to blur minor inperfections and even out skin tone. I'm NC25-30, and I use Light in this mu.

on 2/13/2010 7:02:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I have this in 04 Neutral (NC35 in MAC) and goes well with my skintone. I use this over my Benefit YouRebel SPF15 tinted moisturizer, but with a powder brush and not the sponge that comes with. I like that it provides light coverage, looks more natural. It doesn't look cakey or anything. It doesn't make me break out like the MAC Studio Fix Powder +Foundation. I simply love this powder foundation!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this product! Love the spf factor and the coverage. I would recommend that you go to the counter and get the clinique specialist to match the shades for you and/or try them yourself before you buy. My specialist went through 3 shades before we found the matching color, but it looks flawless! Use a brush, not the sponge. And it can be cakey if you apply too much, but good for a little foundation over liquid or over a moisturizer. Just don't use too much! :)

Feels great. I don't break out. Even works with my liquid foundation in afternoon touch up time w/o looking over-done. Hate the sponge, (you have to use a brush!) and the powder gets all over the mirror and I have done everything I can to avoid that. LOVE the SPF factor!

on 1/28/2010 4:18:00 PM

I have this in neutral fair which is a good match for me. Light coverage that holds up pretty well throughout the day. Would prefer a second chamber for the sponge. Might repurchase, unless I find something better.

on 1/25/2010 5:57:00 PM

I am a huge Clinique fan, and this foundation is great for younger skin! I am 15 years old, so I have breakouts a lot, dark circles from genetics and lac of sleep, and redness around my nose. When I use my All About Eyes Concealer underneath the Almost Powder makeup, my skin looks absolutely flawless! I get tons of compliments.

It doesn't clog pores or worsen breakouts (Clinqiue products are for sensitive skin, though, I think). Just a thin layer of this covers all day. My T-zone is very oily, though, so I need to reapply there some days, but not all of the time. It's good for dry-ish skinbecause it doesn't worsen it, just conceals the redness. The only thing it does I don't like is makes dry skin flakes so much more noticable; but before applying, just use a good mositurizing scrub, and slather on some good lotion, and it's fixed in no time!

It's a nice, sheer-feeling powder with great cverage! I'd say this is for people with acne, younger skin, sesitive skin, or who wants sheer skin.

My mother, however, uses SuperpowderDouble face Makeup. She's in her late 40's, and it doesn't cake or settle into wrinkles. She loves it, none of the foundations I've used from Clinique are cake-y. I've had a great experience, so give it a try!