MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

4.2

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

This was my best buy from my last trip to MAC. It matches my skin tone almost perfectly and just really evens out the skin tone on my eyelids. I want to collect all of the paint pots. Before I was on the fence about paint pots and liked my primer potions with shadow. But ya I am really happy that I got this. :) Everyone should have one. I havent tried painterly yet but I heard the consistency is different.

on 3/29/2010 5:06:00 PM

This is my first paint pot and I'm on the fence about it. I swatched some shadows over Soft Ochre and TFSI to compare the effects each have as a base, and TFSI wins hands down. Like another user mentioned, shadows seem to pop more over TFSI than over Soft Ochre and I think it's because Soft Ochre lightens and mattifies the lid. Overall, I will continue to use this until I finish it and Back 2 MAC it, but I will probably try different paint pots next time.

on 3/27/2010 7:18:00 PM

MAC paint pots were my top find of 2009! My eyelids NEVER reflected the true colors of eyeshadows because they needed color correction. Additionally, eyeshadow did not stay on them like they should since it had nothing to hold on to. I used concealer on my eyelids which did help but cannot hold a candle to paint pots. Almost every regular day of work I use either painterly or soft ochre paint pot on my eyelids. I started out with painterly but then went for the soft ochre and it just may be my favorite. I own all of the regular line paint pots and just love them but soft ochre is my staple. Apply it with some moderation - and put it on a few minutes before your shadow so that it can set a little. In my opinion it, along with regular concealer and some lip color, paint pots are the MU items most likely to wake your face up! I only wish I had found them earler!

on 3/22/2010 11:56:00 AM

If you want to even your eyelid's color or need an eyeshadow base, soft ochre will not disappoint. First, a great color and gives a nice beige tone - no yellow or peach which makes you look sallow. And it stays put and gives a smooth canvas for eyeshadows making the eyeshadows last and stays put. Will buy again. I have this in Painterly as well and Paint Pots are awesome.

on 3/17/2010 11:04:00 PM

I really like this product because it works really well-except i have to conceal my lids and powder them because i have pretty oily lids and without doing that it would do nothing but it works SUPER good after that. It can make my skin look really dry and yellow but i mean after i have shadow on, it looks fine.

on 3/16/2010 1:03:00 PM

This product is so ingenious! It blends beautifully, but dries to a soft/slightly tacky finish so my shadow stays on allll day! Also, the fact that it is skin toned (which my UDPP is obviously NOT) makes the darkness of my lids not show through, and my shadow look clean/true! Its a little lighter than my skin color (i'm C4 in MAC) but that doesn't bother me as my lids are covered with shadow anyway. All in all, MAC gets an A+ on this product!

on 3/16/2010 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought soft ochre after seeing a youtube guru use it in her videos and it gave her a nice blank canvas for her eyeshadows. I like that it already comes in a pot, as opposed to depotting UDPP, covers up any redness AND keeps my super oily eyelids from ruining my eye makeup. I'm actually grabbing this more often than UDPP now.

If you have super oily eyelids and UDPP doesn't work for you, I would recommend this product. They are also about the same price and no depotting necessary. (For reference: NC20-25, black/brown hair and dark brown eyes)

on 3/9/2010 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First let me start off by saying that I bought this product 6 months ago and I use it almost daily and I still have SO much left in the jar! It definitely lasts a long time making it worth every penny! I use this as my eyeshadow primer and it literally holds my eyeshadow in place ALL day and sometimes I do 15hr days and still I see NO creasing at all and my eyeshadow looks perfect. This soft ochre colour also makes my eyeshadow colours pop and appear brighter, makes the colours pop more than painterly paint pot. I suggest this colour for anyone with yellow undertones in their skin. This product at first I felt was a bit pricey but after using it I definitely think its worth it!! Great product! I love it! Once trying it I will never wear eyeshadow without it!

on 3/4/2010 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

best primer for asian (i'm NC30) skintone if you want something to make your eyeshadow colors pop. don't listen to the SA if they try to sell you painterly or etc. if u're gonna buy just one paint pot to use as a primer, go with this one!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

First off I'm an NC20 with yellow undertones and this primer looks amazing- bare by itself- on my eye lids. It brightens the dull sulken look on my eyes when I wake up early in the morning and gives me a woken up fresh look. It adhires with my eyeshadows like a matte paste, and kept it from creasing for hours. I have really oily lids and sadly only keeps it in place for 4 or so hours but it does make a difference with how the true color of the eyeshadow came out on my lids. First time eye primer buyer and can say I reallly do recommend this product, it does what it claims!

Top Rated MAC Products