MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

4.2

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 3/9/2010 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First let me start off by saying that I bought this product 6 months ago and I use it almost daily and I still have SO much left in the jar! It definitely lasts a long time making it worth every penny! I use this as my eyeshadow primer and it literally holds my eyeshadow in place ALL day and sometimes I do 15hr days and still I see NO creasing at all and my eyeshadow looks perfect. This soft ochre colour also makes my eyeshadow colours pop and appear brighter, makes the colours pop more than painterly paint pot. I suggest this colour for anyone with yellow undertones in their skin. This product at first I felt was a bit pricey but after using it I definitely think its worth it!! Great product! I love it! Once trying it I will never wear eyeshadow without it!

on 3/4/2010 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

best primer for asian (i'm NC30) skintone if you want something to make your eyeshadow colors pop. don't listen to the SA if they try to sell you painterly or etc. if u're gonna buy just one paint pot to use as a primer, go with this one!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

First off I'm an NC20 with yellow undertones and this primer looks amazing- bare by itself- on my eye lids. It brightens the dull sulken look on my eyes when I wake up early in the morning and gives me a woken up fresh look. It adhires with my eyeshadows like a matte paste, and kept it from creasing for hours. I have really oily lids and sadly only keeps it in place for 4 or so hours but it does make a difference with how the true color of the eyeshadow came out on my lids. First time eye primer buyer and can say I reallly do recommend this product, it does what it claims!

on 2/28/2010 9:19:00 AM

LOVE, pure and simple!

So much better tha Too Faced primer.

I bought everything used on me at a makeover, did not expect much, was surprised.

Lovely pale yellowish beige, looks bright and beautiful on my NC15/20 skin.

Lovely packaging. Will last forever.

And yes, my eye makeup lasts and lasts.

I am 45, have oily - sweaty lids, hooded eyes!

on 2/27/2010 10:26:00 AM

Love! I used this almost daily as my e/s base and it's perfect for my light skin. The yellow tone goes much better with my warm skin than Painterly did. As everyone already knows, this stuff doesn't crease and holds e/s on all day. I do wish it didn't dry out but adding some Visine does seem to help when that happens. Good stuff!

on 2/23/2010 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I heard about this from a friend who went into the MAC store and the lady telling her about this paint pot that shows the true colors of the shadow on your lids much better than just primer. Well I don't quite agree that it shows the true color, but with my primer and this paint pot, my shadow definately lasts longer. I think I do need one thats slightly darker(i don't know if there is one, my hubby got me this one for xmas), so if and when I run out, I may do that.
At first I didn't like it at all. I didn't notice a change from when using it and not using it. But then after I tried it for a week I came to like it. I now use it about 75% of the time when doing my make up, especially if I am going out for the night or want to make my make up last.
I'd recommend it, but I can live without it too.

on 2/22/2010 11:51:00 PM

The only lid primer I use daily. For some reason, Urban Decay Primer Potion feels like it does absolutely nothing for me, and Too Faced Shadow Insurance is too tacky/sticky to feel nice and comfortable. Besides, these products look laughable compared to the functional and classy MAC packaging. MAC's Paint Pot in Soft Ochre not much lighter than my skin tone (NW25) but a small amount can blend to pretty much sheer and makes my lids look uniform in colour. I feels like a bare canvas that can actually hold my eyeshadows in place. CAREFUL, THOUGH! Too much can crease the lid. I see this little pot lasting a long time, and would definitely repurchase again.

on 2/19/2010 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is by far the best eyeshadow primer I've ever tried. It makes the colors stand out and look so vibrant. I love this color because it's very close to my natural flesh tone. I also appreciate how much they give you in the pot. I'd buy again for sure. I'd like to try other colors as well.

Edit: this stuff dried out rather quickly on me, rendering the product unmanagable. I can't blend it because it tugs and it's super dry now. I had to knock a couple lippies off. I won't be repurchasing because it's too expensive.

on 2/16/2010 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Soft Ochre is my HG paintpot. Its a bit lighter than my natural skinton (NC44) but it makes the colours pop like no other. I use it almost every day. I used to use UDPP before, but Soft Ochre is my new <3!

on 2/13/2010 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this paint pot but i would not repurchase it simply because i prefer rubenesque as a base. The color of soft ochre is really subtle on my skin tone and very matte so i use it when i am going for a neutral matte look but I use rubenesque for almost everything else. I bought mine at CCO and i think it might have been an old one because has been super dry and almost paste-like since i opened it. I love paint pots though so i do not regret buying.