July 22, 2014 | 2032 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2010 4:04:00 PM More reviews by meliskimee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

First off, my deets: Paler than NC15, neutral skin tone, non-greasy lids (they do sweat, however, weird). I use a mineral, powder fndt.

Product deets: Yellow toned, creamy-dry texture (almost putty like), highly pigmented. Packaged in a small, glass pot. 5g / 0.17 fl oz for $16.50 (US).

Review: I use this primarily as an e/s base and it's the first product I've tried as far as bases are concerned, so I can't compare it to TFSI or UDPP. Even though I'm very pale, I like that this has a yellow tone because it counteracts the redness/purple/veins of my lids and when used alone makes me look awake. I use a synthetic brush to apply because I find fingers to pick up way too much product. I only need a very small amount since it's so pigmented and I find if I use too much, even slightly, it will cause creasing. When I use a very thin layer applied over my powder fndt, this works wonderfully to keep my shadows/liners in place. I find it creases on bare lids, but used over a thin layer of powder and blended well, it stays put very nicely. I like that it comes it a pot, as I tend to use too much from tubes/wands and you can get every last bit of product from pots. If you clean your brushes well after each use I don't see a problem keeping it hygienic. The only reason I won't repurchase (for now), is because I want to try the other options out there, after all, a spade is a spade (or mu junkie)!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2010 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Meeelissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm just not a fan of how it worked. I bought it under recommendation to replace my eyeshadow primer (Too Faced Shadow Insurance) but was shocked at how badly it worked for me.

I realize this product works for some people. That's awesome...want mine? lol. I need a primer that really holds forever. As a college student, it is not uncommon for me to pull all-nighters and I had told the MUA what I needed in a primer and she still raved about this. It held my shadow in place for about 6 hours which is decent but not good enough!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 3:44:00 PM More reviews by hodgam8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This product works as a great base, and I would recommend it, but I selected I wouldn't rebuy because honestly, there are so many pretty colored paint pots that serve as a colored base for specific looks that I'd rather buy those than a glorified eye primer. However, it really is a great base and is worth picking up because it'll last forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 6:48:00 PM More reviews by BornDance

I think this is a wonderful product to use as a base. I have a yellowish undertone to my skin so it matches my skin tone to a T. The only downside some people might see is that it is in a pot, but I like it. I think it is easy to use my finger or a concealer brush to apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2010 5:32:00 AM More reviews by MakeUp_0507

This is a pretty decent eye base, but if used on bare dry skin it accentuates dry areas on my eyelids and seems to sink into the lines. It's very dry and the texture is unlike bare study paint pot. It dries up too quickly so it doesn't blend very well if not used with a face primer. I like the color but not the feel of this particular one. To get good results out of this i always apply face primer first then this and it blends wonderfully. It brightens up my eyeshadows and lasts a long time without creasing. This is a perfect color match for me cause i'm nc20-nc25 so since this has yellow undertones it works perfectly for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by muobsession

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm crushed. I was so excited about this I thought I loved it. Two weeks later, I see it for what it is: difficult to apply (pulls like a mo'fo' on your lid; fast to dry (but that's OK); looks cakey; and accentuates every dang wrinkle you may have. It does even out color very nicely, but using it under the eyes and inner eye area (next to the bridge of the nose) has the problems listed above. It stays put all day for me, but I haven't worn it alone (only with shadow, both HE and LE, on top). Color isn't an issue for me. It is very yellow, but I'm about NC20, so it's OK. I just look so much older and like a HAG with this on. I'm so sad, because I have super oily lids and I didn't want to go with UDPP because I've heard about the reactions. I'm either going to have to stick to my Lumene primer (which is DC'd right?), or search for a new one, maybe Too Faced?

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2010 12:29:00 PM More reviews by kawiki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

YELLOW. And a bit cakey. Painterly is much better in my opinion, but if you have very yellow tones to your skin then this might be for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 5:16:00 AM More reviews by primor2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this as a base and just wearing it alone with liner i usually use udpp under but when i use it alone my shadows still stays and i love how it keeps my upper lid liner on and i also love the color its so neutral quality wise it is worth re purchasing

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2009 6:46:00 PM More reviews by WinterWheat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

*raises hand* Super oily lids here, and this is my HG eyeshadow primer. I can even see the difference in photographs. Dewy, shiny, or shimmery are hex words for me, with my hooded eyelids. Eyeshadows tend to creep and blend on my oily lids, so what started as a nice light/neutral lid color and a slightly darker crease color will merge within hours into one medium-toned, drab-looking wash of color. I've never found a primer that would fix this problem, until I tried this product. Yes, it adheres like crazy; indeed, if you don't warm and blend it quickly enough, it's hard to blend. It can stick and drag. But once you've got it on, you are covered, and I mean COVERED, for the rest of the day or night. Subtle contrasts, like cream on the lid and pale taupe in the crease, are thrown into relief with Soft Ochre on as a base. I also prefer shadows instead of pencils under the eye as eyeliner, and these usually disappear almost immediately. Now I put Soft Ochre under my eyes as well, and my powder eyeliner stays put. Beautiful! I won't be without this stuff, as long as they continue to make it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2009 7:37:00 PM More reviews by athenaetc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't get it. It dries out my lids, and makes any eyeshadow look ashy and thick. Maybe it's just my skin chemistry, but it just did not work for me.

I prefer a "dewey, natural, pretty" look. These paint pots just ruin it. Really, I would sum up the look that the paint pots create as "ODD and UNFLATTERING"

Probably fine for someone with SUPER OILY lids. Can't see why anyone else would use this.