April 19, 2014 | 1704 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 6:48:00 PM More reviews by BornDance

I think this is a wonderful product to use as a base. I have a yellowish undertone to my skin so it matches my skin tone to a T. The only downside some people might see is that it is in a pot, but I like it. I think it is easy to use my finger or a concealer brush to apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2010 5:32:00 AM More reviews by MakeUp_0507

This is a pretty decent eye base, but if used on bare dry skin it accentuates dry areas on my eyelids and seems to sink into the lines. It's very dry and the texture is unlike bare study paint pot. It dries up too quickly so it doesn't blend very well if not used with a face primer. I like the color but not the feel of this particular one. To get good results out of this i always apply face primer first then this and it blends wonderfully. It brightens up my eyeshadows and lasts a long time without creasing. This is a perfect color match for me cause i'm nc20-nc25 so since this has yellow undertones it works perfectly for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by muobsession

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm crushed. I was so excited about this I thought I loved it. Two weeks later, I see it for what it is: difficult to apply (pulls like a mo'fo' on your lid; fast to dry (but that's OK); looks cakey; and accentuates every dang wrinkle you may have. It does even out color very nicely, but using it under the eyes and inner eye area (next to the bridge of the nose) has the problems listed above. It stays put all day for me, but I haven't worn it alone (only with shadow, both HE and LE, on top). Color isn't an issue for me. It is very yellow, but I'm about NC20, so it's OK. I just look so much older and like a HAG with this on. I'm so sad, because I have super oily lids and I didn't want to go with UDPP because I've heard about the reactions. I'm either going to have to stick to my Lumene primer (which is DC'd right?), or search for a new one, maybe Too Faced?

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2010 12:29:00 PM More reviews by kawiki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

YELLOW. And a bit cakey. Painterly is much better in my opinion, but if you have very yellow tones to your skin then this might be for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 5:16:00 AM More reviews by primor2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this as a base and just wearing it alone with liner i usually use udpp under but when i use it alone my shadows still stays and i love how it keeps my upper lid liner on and i also love the color its so neutral quality wise it is worth re purchasing

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2009 6:46:00 PM More reviews by WinterWheat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

*raises hand* Super oily lids here, and this is my HG eyeshadow primer. I can even see the difference in photographs. Dewy, shiny, or shimmery are hex words for me, with my hooded eyelids. Eyeshadows tend to creep and blend on my oily lids, so what started as a nice light/neutral lid color and a slightly darker crease color will merge within hours into one medium-toned, drab-looking wash of color. I've never found a primer that would fix this problem, until I tried this product. Yes, it adheres like crazy; indeed, if you don't warm and blend it quickly enough, it's hard to blend. It can stick and drag. But once you've got it on, you are covered, and I mean COVERED, for the rest of the day or night. Subtle contrasts, like cream on the lid and pale taupe in the crease, are thrown into relief with Soft Ochre on as a base. I also prefer shadows instead of pencils under the eye as eyeliner, and these usually disappear almost immediately. Now I put Soft Ochre under my eyes as well, and my powder eyeliner stays put. Beautiful! I won't be without this stuff, as long as they continue to make it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2009 7:37:00 PM More reviews by athenaetc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't get it. It dries out my lids, and makes any eyeshadow look ashy and thick. Maybe it's just my skin chemistry, but it just did not work for me.

I prefer a "dewey, natural, pretty" look. These paint pots just ruin it. Really, I would sum up the look that the paint pots create as "ODD and UNFLATTERING"

Probably fine for someone with SUPER OILY lids. Can't see why anyone else would use this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2009 9:10:00 PM More reviews by laqueron1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great color for those sexy looks (NC42). I love it. I love all the paint pots actually.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2009 5:05:00 PM More reviews by deedeetaylor8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was excited about trying out this product, thinking it would be a great primer and base in one. It is a nice creamy base, and makes eyeshadow pop more, however, it does absolutely nothing to keep shadow/liner lasting longer. This is also a little biased, because Soft Ochre looks quite yellow on me, but on someone darker, I think it would be more natural. You only need a little bit, and a single pot lasts a looooong time. Do not recommend as a base for oily eyelids. I do want to try it again as a base though, but maybe in Bare Study.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

for years this has been my staple in applying eye makeup on clients -- many do not like UDPP and the reaction is the ES balls up or glops up.

so, this product and painterly paint pot have been my life savers for simple neutral ES applications or for eyes which have discoloration, port wine stains or bruises.. this works like a charm to cover these up and set a nice base for the eye makeup.

it doesn't have shimmer which is great for older women and it increases the durability of the eye makeup application.

I do wish MAC would put a safety inner cap inside so the product will not dry up within the year.. but all in all, it is a great product.