November 28, 2014 | 1030 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 11:51:00 PM More reviews by davyjonessays

The only lid primer I use daily. For some reason, Urban Decay Primer Potion feels like it does absolutely nothing for me, and Too Faced Shadow Insurance is too tacky/sticky to feel nice and comfortable. Besides, these products look laughable compared to the functional and classy MAC packaging. MAC's Paint Pot in Soft Ochre not much lighter than my skin tone (NW25) but a small amount can blend to pretty much sheer and makes my lids look uniform in colour. I feels like a bare canvas that can actually hold my eyeshadows in place. CAREFUL, THOUGH! Too much can crease the lid. I see this little pot lasting a long time, and would definitely repurchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by leoisillon

This is by far the best eyeshadow primer I've ever tried. It makes the colors stand out and look so vibrant. I love this color because it's very close to my natural flesh tone. I also appreciate how much they give you in the pot. I'd buy again for sure. I'd like to try other colors as well.

Edit: this stuff dried out rather quickly on me, rendering the product unmanagable. I can't blend it because it tugs and it's super dry now. I had to knock a couple lippies off. I won't be repurchasing because it's too expensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 9:13:00 AM More reviews by PhanieRajh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Soft Ochre is my HG paintpot. Its a bit lighter than my natural skinton (NC44) but it makes the colours pop like no other. I use it almost every day. I used to use UDPP before, but Soft Ochre is my new <3!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2010 1:36:00 AM More reviews by mbanghart

I really like this paint pot but i would not repurchase it simply because i prefer rubenesque as a base. The color of soft ochre is really subtle on my skin tone and very matte so i use it when i am going for a neutral matte look but I use rubenesque for almost everything else. I bought mine at CCO and i think it might have been an old one because has been super dry and almost paste-like since i opened it. I love paint pots though so i do not regret buying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2010 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

Okay, I feel extremely dumb about not using this before... I used to use my foundation on my eye lid and my eye makeup reasonably lasted throughout the day. I have been using a TM and I needed something that holds my eye mu intact. This is a gorgeous brightening shade for my NC 30 skin tone. My eye shadow and liner look 500 times better on this product. The best is that my shadow and liner last on my eyes until I wash them off. This is huge for me because my skin is oily and my eye lids are super oily. My eyes look much better when I use this product. Even if I do not wear any eye mu, this still has a great effect. I am from middle east and one of my greatest assets is my eyes. Honestly, I had no idea how my eyes could look so good until I tried this. WOW, MAC, I LOVE YOU!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2010 4:24:00 AM More reviews by doris98

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Justicet2009

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love paint pots. They work so much better for me than regular primers. I tried painterly but the color had a pink undertone to it. The soft ochre is yellow based and worked great with my olive nc30 complection. It held my eyeshadow all day all night and really popped any color I put on my lids.5 lippies ladies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 11:58:00 PM More reviews by tammallama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Paint pots in general are wonderful!!! I find I reach for Soft Ochre (a pale yellow beige), Painterly (a pale pinky beige), and Layin' Low (a medium caramel) the most, depending on my coloring throughout the year. All the same matte formula's and great base's to any shadow!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Calicupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love how awake my eyes look once I put this on.. I also love how it helps my eye shadow stick.. The only cons to any of the MAC paint pots is if you forget to shut the lids tight they dry out over night and then they are worthless..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by asofterversion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first MAC product I bought. The shade was recommended to me by a rep at MAC. I totally love it, and it really covers up any imperfections on the lid. As for a lid primer, I don't think so. It really is just a cream e/s not a lid primer. I find I still crease if I use this alone depending on what e/s I use. I find it odd that I was recommended this yellow based color for my lids but not for my skin.......