April 20, 2014 | 1705 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 1:57:00 AM More reviews by tylerr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this rocks! this is all i use at night time. i have super oily acne-prone skin and have no problems with this oil. i was scared to try it but heard such good things about it. glad i did! i apply like 5 drops to my face every night and press it into my skin. since it's all natural (and even edible) i apply it to my lips as well as eye area and lashes. sure i look like i dragged a slice of greasy pizza across my face afterwards but i'm just going to bed, right? when i wake up it's all soaked in and my skin is deeply moisturized. ive noticed my face does not get as oily during the day as it used to prior to using the oil, too. love this stuff. so many uses out of this one oil! the price for the big bottle is steep, but get the small one for $14 at sephora. lasts forever. you will be so glad you did xoxo

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by adamj2004

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wish this product worked for my face :( For my hair, it is amazing but I just can't justify spending $49 dollars on a product for my hair. I know argan does great things for a lot of people but it just didn't do much of anything for me besides break me out. It wasn't horrible cystic breakouts but it was consistent small breakouts which I was attributing to other products pretending that it wasn't this. It also didn't help improve the eczema on my hands or dry spots on my elbows either. I've given my skin a break for a few days from this and it has improved drastically. Unfortunately, it just isn't for me :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by lauram11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This oil makes my 54 old skin feel soft and dewy! I put a couple of drops in my palm, rub it between my hands, and press on my face - then rub in.

I've read all the reviews of how this is expensive - it might seem that way when you buy it, but it lasts forever!
I've also read that other argan oil is much less expensive - but have you smelled it? I have celiac disease and live at health stores, and I've smelled them all. I am extremely sensitive to smell and to ingredients, and wouldn't put something that smelled that bad on my face!

This is an awesome moisturizer! I use it at night and first thing in the morning, after my shower. I am so glad I found this! My skin looks healthy and younger when I use it, and other moisturizers I've tried don't come close.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My review might not carry much weight since I only used a sample of this.
I tried it on the dry ends of my hair (the tiniest amount imaginable) and it was just a greasy stringy mess. I put it on my face one night...didn't wake up to a glow...just felt like oil on my face. I don't get it. I guess it is for the best since I won't have to think of a way to afford it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by cjMadamFresa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i have problematic skin: sensitive, easily irritated and red, oily t-zone, dry chapped cheeks, prone to cystic acne. my skin loves this oil! i blend it into my other hard to apply products that are too thick. love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

Bought travel size from Sephora. Great product, but thete are plenty other brands out there that give you a better value.

PROS:
-made my hair soft, and skin glow.
-for the most part unscented, so it dosent affect your fragrance
-made my retin a flakes non exsistant

CONS:
-thought the consistancy was a little thick and hard to spread in comparison to other brands.
-way too much money, paying for a brand name when you can get more for your money at whole foods or online
-needs a pump, unsanitary

Yes, I am a fan of argan oil, its great stuff and its more than just hype. Just be sure to shop around before you buy :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by TracyDZ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim with an eye toward using it somehow on my hair. Since it's currently almost to my waist and I plan to keep it long, I try to keep it healthy and split-end free.

What I ended up doing is putting my damp hair into two ponytails and rubbing the argan oil from the ends of the hair to about two inches up. (the reason I put in ponytails was to make my hair easier to work with. I took them out immediately after so they're not really an important part of this review!)

After the first time I tried this, the ends of my hair have felt and looked so healthy and smooth! It dries quickly into the hair and never feels greasy. Now I use this after every shampoo; highly recommended!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by pdburns74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought a sample of Argan oil from Sephora and ended up taking it back within a week since it made my face breakout and made it even more dry. It got such great reviews and that is why I bought it but it made my skin feel gross. It was not greasy but applied like dry oil (almost like the oil you use to get a tan with). Maybe I should have just used it on my split ends.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by jlonghorn2002

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Still trying to finish my expensive bottle of argan oil, even though i dont love it. Its feels ok to apply and wear when I go to bed, and in the morning, my face looks more hydrated than if I were to have worn nothing at all. However, there are much better moisturizers out there. I love the idea of this product being so natural/chemically clean, but I just dont see any real results or improvements.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by kelseyblair

I got this as a sample at Sephora. Ever since I was a teenager, I've had problems with oily skin and acne, but I've continually tried natural products on my skin (with little success or, usually, more breakouts) because I don't really like the idea of slathering preservatives and other chemicals on my body. I had no intention of using this on my face, but I took a recent trip to Haiti and did not want to take regular arsenal of products. I popped this my bag and used it nightly as a moisturizer. Don't know if it was the LACK of the other products or the fact that I wasn't picking and fussing over my face, but by the time I got back, my skin was the best it's ever been: completely clear, even tone, no breakouts. Since I've been home, I've started alternating this with my retin-A at night, and I have no dry patches or flakes. I will definitely continue to use Argan oil, but this product is much too expensive, even though I only use three drops a night.