November 24, 2014 | 960 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by khardee

I put this on every night and every morning. I is not a dramatic change but on the days I forget to use it, I do notice my skin is not as bright. It really balances your skin. The trick is to put a few drops in your palms and press them into your face and let dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 8:16:00 AM More reviews by Principessa1

Can't live without it. No matter what brand i use for my skin, this FTE is a must have for me.. i apply it religiously, every morning and night, and its a must for me. Best to prepare the skin before any other treatment and make up routine

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by anshort4angel

This is my HG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember seeing this at Saks 4 or so years ago while shopping with my Mom. I was in another department and wandered over finding my Mom checking out at the register and saw her total - over $600!?! I was pissed. My Mom did not need to be spending that kind of money on skincare, I thought....because surely, I know what's best for her ;) Well, she ignored me and bought it anyway.

4 years later, my Mom is still a fan. She's in her late 50s, I'm in my mid twenties - people ask if she's my sister. This should be enough to tell you to buy it.

Now my experience - 9 months ago, i got married... had a HUGE wedding which equals HUGE stress and my face never really recovered since. I got fed up with not being confident enough in my skin to leave the house without foundation covering it (pre-wedding/engagement i was able to get away with eye makeup alone)... So after chatting with friends, family and of course my dear Mom, (and reading MA!) I decided to give SKII FTE a try. WOW talk about taking my breath away... the next day - yes, THE NEXT DAY - after applying it twice (the night before and the morning of) my husband commented on how smooth my skin looked. No, it was not an overnight transformation but after two applications, having my skin visibly smoother under foundation? I'll take it! It's been about a month now and you'll find me waltzing around the shopping centers of LA flaunting my bare skin without foundation :) it's definitely been a major change.... I'm not 100% yet but my skin is much clearer, more even tones, less red and my acne wedding stress induced scares are almost completely gone. Oh and those fine lines we start getting around this age - those are just a memory now. For a while, i wasn't getting carded at bars with my husband - now i'm back to getting carded for everything...even Sharpies at Target - CARDED FOR SHARPIES!! lol

My Mom continues to remind me of that day 4 years ago at Saks when I gave her such a hard time for spending that kind of cash. Here I am handing over my debit card, with my hard earned funds on it, for beautiful skin. Um, yes it's totally worth it :)

I <3 you Pitera! SKII is seriously miracle water.... talk about the fountain of youth!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by niki0315

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

dose not feel anything special after I had finished 1/2 of a 75ml bottle.
It does not break me out or give me a burning sensation as some toner did.

However I think I will just stick with rose water.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by amaiaisabella

I have to say, it took me a long time to figure out how to use this product. I would wash my face, dry, and then splash this on, but it was having all the effect of water. Several weeks ago, I had used a scrub in place of my cleanser, then put this on, and finally! Saw the brightness and smooth pores everyone raves over. I realized you need to exfoliate or use a BHA first (I like the Stridex pads in the red tub). My skin is finally showing some improvement, so only time will tell if that keeps up. I bought the 2 oz for a more "reasonable" $80, and it's lasted several months thus far- I'm barely halfway through it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Kirstenling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have to say, I am in love with this product! A year ago, I had problems with my hormones. After taking prescription antibiotics to clear it, I can say that I'm almost acne free. But it left my face scarred, it was difficult for me to go out without putting makeup on. After using this for 3 months with the whitening range, I can really see the difference, my skin tone has evened out beautifully, the scars are lightened and overall my skin looks brighter! I did not break out from it, although from the reviews here, it does not seem to suit some.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2011 8:57:00 AM More reviews by baileylab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Update: Aug 11, 2011

I can't wait until my La Mer line gets used up so i'm using them as body cream (totally did nothing to my skin) and now i'm back to SKII!

This toner is great! a must use with the skin signature.

at first i used the skin signature without this toner then when i decided to use it what a huge difference it made! my reddish face diminished & i no longer wear liquid foundation and can do with just powder foundation (laura mercier #2).

I'm now using la mer products (eye concentrate, oil cleanser, toner, gel & cream) and regretted using them. I'll be going back to SKII after i finish those.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2011 10:15:00 AM More reviews by LittleAsia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a 30ml free sample for a promotion from Marie Claire magazine. Winter came, and although I never had a problem with pimples, I had breakouts (in my opinion breakouts. More like tiny lumps with no white heads). I also broke out in a rash on the left side of my face which has always been sensitive. I believe it was from using a Covergirl Clean Skin liquid foundation.

So I was excited to try something which I normally wouldn't purchase. I've only been using it for four days now, but I'm already seeing results. My skin is brighter, fresher looking and less irritated looking. I will be purchasing this again, even with the massive price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by tututran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was really surprised about how poorly rated this product is on MUA. And especially by some acne-prone skinned users... Honestly, this was a life saver from when I had really bad breakouts.

Just a little background on my skin.. I have really dry and sensitive skin.. it's not as dry anymore after using this product. It really made my skin less dehydrated (it got rid of the dehydration lines around my nose and mouth) and evened our the texture of my skin and made it super smooth.

This product was apart of a routine that was given to me by one of my best friends, and I honest can't thank her enough. Before I had a chat with her, I was really upset for 1 and a half to 2 years.. because my skin was constantly breaking out with really bad acne, that was deep in my skin.. I had tried so many products and none of them really worked. I was so depressed and never wanted to go out. But after 3 months of that skin care routine, my skin had stopped breaking out completely. I was so amazed.

Although this product is expensive, I can really see why it's SK-II's #1 selling product, and why it makes SK-II Japan's best skincare brand at the moment. :) I would buy it again and again, even if it makes me really poor haha

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by 3sludge

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am 70. I fell for Cate Blanchett's ad, and I'm so glad. Initially, I just loved that after splashing on a bit in the morning I no longer looked 87. I really need not to look 87 in the morning, but after a few weeks of using it, I find I rarely look more than 80. I added some SK-II Skin Signature creme and started to look well under 80. Many people now claim that I cannot be more than 50. I don't fight with them. I've added other SK-II products and plan never again to be without this substance. Have needed increasingly less exfoliant. It has become impossible to tell that I once had really awful acne. My eyelids have stopped asking for surgery. Hope my neck hears the word, My hands are no longer scary. Thanks, Cate. holdav3@juno.com

18 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No