SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.6

on 10/23/2011 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can honestly say that this product changed my life! When I hit my 30's, my skin and hair changed a lot. All of a sudden my drug store brands seemed useless.
A couple weeks after having my child, we moved to an extremely dry climate...and my face went crazy. I had terrible acne and nothing would help. I saw a dermatologist but 6 months after using perscription, the acne came back.
Years prior a friend gave me the signs treatment eye masks, and it was like a miracle....so I figured, why not!
With in days my skin cleared up and the natural glow I once had in my 20's came back. I was so happy that I purchased their skin signature cream, which was also great. I still get the occasional pre period pimple but now I only get 2 or 3 rather than 15...plus they are half the size. When I feel those coming on I also use the treatment mask and it really helps with the clear up time.
This line is expensive, but I have found it is worth every penny. Unless my body goes through another drastic change, I will never stop using this amazing line.
Update:
I am still 100% in love with the entire SK II line. I just wanted to share a website I discovered. beautykat.com has sample sizes for purchase. Given that this line is so expensive, it's a nice option to buy a smaller size to try out.

on 10/12/2011 6:39:00 AM

The facial treatment mask did made my skin look the best it ever has andvi was told that the this product is the same thing in essence form so I decided to give it a go.

I don't have sensitive skin. It's practically flawless beside the occasional pimple and I've never had any problem with it.

The first day I put this on my skin felt really itchy and irritated, but I'd heard about the 'purging' process and decided to persist. The irritation wasn't so bad after that, but the skin around my nose and mouth has become dry, red and bumpy. I haven't even noticed a great change to my skin like I did with the mask. After almost two weeks I think I'm going to give up and go back to the cellumination mask in treatment and the mask.

Disappointed :(

EDIT: It definately was this product that was casing the irritation. I don;t know what ingredient it could be. I've heard that the pitera yeast can cause irratations, but it can;t be that because it's in the cellumination aswell, which i use There are a few essence-related bumps/redness left, but my skin is looking nice again only a few days later :)

on 10/5/2011 12:04:00 PM

It does clear up the skin texture and visually enhances clarity for my combo skin.
Its like a toner before u moisturise and I feel it absorbs quick and doesn't leave a sticky residue.
Cons is that it's very expensive and the smell isn't pleasant. Colour will turn yellower as it oxidizes.
Pros is that it did visually enhance my skins luminosity and texture and helped even out dry cheeks.
Will only re purchase if it comes with gift with purchase.

on 10/5/2011 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I don't use this frequent enough to comment about its long term effect. This is because initially when I first use it, it will be all right but there's no difference in my skin - no eradiction of pimples, no lightening of scars, no moisturising effect. After several days or a week, my skin feels as though it has been "thinned" by the bottle of foul stuff. My face feels tighter after washing my face and slapping on moisturiser only works for sometimes so nowadays, I use SKII FTE whenever I feel like it and that I don't use it for over a week.

Update: I tried to use it once every other day because this bottle is so expensive and I just want to use it up.

However, as days passed, my skin became more sensitive. It turned slightly red and stings sometimes when I put my moisturiser on. I have since stopped using because it is too harsh on my skin.

on 10/4/2011 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I didn't really know what to expect from this product. I tend to put this on like a toner with my hands. I pat it on my face. It sinks into my skin really quickly. It makes my skin feel so soft and smooth. I then put whatever product i want over the top. Either one of my serums or moistuirzer. When I wash my face the next day my skin look clear, feels smooth and just looks 'fresher'. After i started using this i got compliments from people saying my skin was looking really glowy and healthy, without makeup on. usually anything with fragrance in it is a big no no for me. but my skin seems to handle this. This is definitely a keeper for me. It is expensive but you can buy tester sizes online, so maybe try that first. This is a perfect product for me. Highly recommend it!

on 10/1/2011 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I am not a fan of toners and mists and any skincare products that have a watery consistency. I just find them either unecessary or too drying for my skin. SKII facial treatment essence is the only exception. For whatever reason, this "holy water" truly does perform miracles...whenever I stray from it, my skin develops a bumpy texture and reverts to a combination state of being oily in the t-zone and very dry/sensitive in the cheeks. With the essence, my skin is even in texture, tone, and is moisturized evenly. Recently, I developed a horrible allergic reaction and sunburn to a new serum that I tried, and so I went and bought a new bottle of this essence after being without it for a year...as I remembered, upon first application, it immediately soothed my skin and healed the damage within a week. I probably won't purchase this product regularly as it's so pricey, but I will turn to it again in skin emergency situations!

on 9/18/2011 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have just returned from a snorkelling trip and my face are getting a lot of bumps and breakouts. Tried jojoba oil which was previously working for me, it doesn't seem effective now. SK-II is having a promotional package which came with a toner and FTE and I decided to give it a try. Though its just Day 1 of using it, I already noticed the effect on my skin. Fairer, lesser bumps, smoother and in fact I felt like I came back from a facial just after one night. Hope to see more positive results. Will update soon.

on 9/16/2011 9:09:00 AM

I love this product, not sure if it has improved any signs of aging, that only time will tell. But this product makes my skin feels really soft and smooth. It just erases any bumps on the face. As to clearing pores I don't think that is possible with any product, it may just minimize it a bit.
Have been using FTE for over a year now and will rebuy it definitely!

on 9/15/2011 3:37:00 AM

I can't quite make my mind up on this essence. It was horrendously expensive and I didn't even buy the largest size bottle but bought the 150 ml bottle. I use this after cleansing and toning and find that it's applied better when my skin is just a wee bit damp from my toner.
Considering the premium price and branding the packaging is very cheap and they could well improve with how the liquid is dispensed to both save product and also to reduce the risk of contamination.
I have been using this for 3 months now. I have combination skin, early-mid thirties with no obvious lines or wrinkles. It doesn't cause break-outs or dry my skin but but I really done see much of an improvement for the price tage (much like the Genifique serum). In saying this though I think this product is a preventative anti-aging essence so unless I can do a 'Sliding Doors' moment I will never really know if using this will help slow down the aging process.
Not sure how people hate the smell - its so subtle it's not worth mentioning and one you apply any other face creams it is undetectable. Using it twice daily my bottle will probably last 6 months so i will have to review it later on to see if something better is on the market. If you don't mind spending the extra money on a product which is probably not an essential for your daily skin care routine then you should at least try it out but otherwise I wouldn't worry about buying it.

on 9/10/2011 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I had this for 3 years, initially I used it and find nothing significant. The effect is nothing short of using some scrub or AHA, but for the price, its not worth it. I used about half of it (4 oz) and I tried it the other day again & still .... not much difference.

Popular Treatments (Face)