March 1, 2015 | 978 users online

Hair Treatments - It's a 10 - Miracle Leave-In Product

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by itztheshoe

A week ago, I bought the 10 oz bottle for $26 at Costco, so unlike most people, I do not really have complaints about the price (: On to the review:
Following the instructions on the bottle, I've used this every day for about a week now, and I'm happy to say that this is a GREAT product, and I totally recommend it to any one with dry and damaged hair.
Some reviewers have complained that this product has a heavy feel when it's in your hair. I guess it does, but it's not heavy enough for me to care, and I'm not sensitive to those kinds of things. It's thick goo in a bottle.. I'm just happy it can spray out.
I have very long, thin, dry, straight (but textured), and heavy (almost to my butt) hair. I blame the sun, living on a beach city in California. This product gives my hair incredible softness, shine, health, and surprisingly - volume. Since i have A LOT of hair (and it's thin), my hair is usually lifeless and flat. Since using this product, my hair is voluminous... even when it's wet. I've always wanted voluminous hair, and this product has given it to me. It should be called "It's an 11!"
My split ends are also not very noticeable, I mean sure - I still have 2 or 3.. but 2 or 3 after one week of using this? I'm ecstatic!
To anyone who is stuck on the fence, I say: go for it! BUT! Keep in mind: Do not have very high expectations before you use it, because you will probably be disappointed. Sometimes we all have unrealistic expectations, especially with a product with the word "miracle" in its name that claims it can do 10 things. I read all the negative reviews, as well as the positive, on makeup alley, before buying this product. Just keep your head on earth, and you SHOULD end up LOVING this product. Good luck!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by lopezval83

I read such great reviews and then got here and saw such bad markings, I got this product through an ulta free gift. Just got it today and had wanted to try on my bangs, washed them and then sprayed its a 10 leave in conditioner, blow dryed and styled. I loved it!, such a soft finish, smells as if I stepped out of a salon! I sprayed product and worked it through bangs, made sure they were towel dried and then styled.
I didnt feel a sticky finish, or limp hair. Maybe work the product in more, dont use any brush till hair is 90% dry, just use hands. My hair type is fine and thin so it really gave it that extra boost! Love the product, especially the smell :)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by CristabelJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This did NOTHING for my hair. I used the entire bottle and did not see a single difference in my hair, it actually left a residue on my hair that made it feel oily and the smell is so strong that it gave me a headache the first few times I used it... it was expensive and the bottle was tiny! I have seen better results with dollar store products... Will not be purchasing ever again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by ahuang300

I really wanted to like this product because so many people rave about it. However, I feel like it leaves the ends of my hair feeling dry like straw instead of moisturized and healthy. This product was a no-no for me especially with such a big price tag.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by tranquildreamxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this, not only because it was expensive but also because it seemed to be a miracle for everyone else. Not for me. I actually think it made my hair in worse condition than before! If I sprayed it on my hair, damp or dry, it just left my hair feeling brittle and it made the split ends stand our more. It also could be that it made more split ends?! I'm not sure.

This was way too expensive, especially when it doesn't help my hair. I didn't like how the bottle sprayed this conditioner-consistency product. It also sprayed it in a concentrated area which wasn't helpful. I just sprayed it in my hands after getting tired of that, but I wasted a lot of the product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2012 5:28:00 AM More reviews by puppymoomoo

Sadly, I'm in the majority with this product. I have virgin hair but being in Australia, I like to use leave-in conditioners to combat the sun's harmful rays and exposure to the elements.
I used this product for half a year, trying different methods/ quantities. It only made my hair dull and lifeless. I even Youtubed and googled blogs so I could get more insight into what I was doing wrong. Eventually, it ended up in my rubbish bin.
I guess it just wasn't meant to be :( However, I do recommend the Tresemme heat defense spray. I seem to keep coming back to that so it must be doing something right.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 9:35:00 AM More reviews by HeidiML

I bought this product after a hair cut at a national chain hair cut salon, a purchase I don't normally make but I was so impressed with the product when the stylist used it that I wanted some to take home.

I was not disappointed - this is very good stuff. I have fairly fine hair, blonde highlighted hair and it's a struggle to find a conditioner that works without weighing down my hair. With this product I skip the conditioner in the shower and spritz this on after towel drying. It's *very* lightweight but does the job. One of my daughters with long straight hair swears by this product and doesn't use any other conditioner; she blow dries her hair and straightens it almost every day. This product can be a bit pricey, however the bottle lasts a long time - only a couple sprays are needed for shoulder length hair . If too much is applied it can be a tad greasy feeling, but it would take a lot of product to make that happen.

I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by NigheanRuadh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got the first one with my Ulta points. I was a little sour about the points and didn't even look up the product before getting it. Figured I was out of my detangler so whatever. When I started using it though, I was so pleased. It really does do what it claims. It makes my hair so much easier to work with my wet hair, which is very long and fine, so tangles are inevitable. I ran out and for those two days noticed my hair was much more frizzy and even the texture was rough. Between my Shiseido hair care line and this, my hair is like silk. I won't be without it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2012 2:57:00 AM More reviews by nmaas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product was a waste of the money I do not have, being a teenager and all. This make my blonde hair dull as heck. It only detangles, and makes it a little soft and it smells alright but that is it. It is not a miracle to me. You can buy something like this at the drugstore for much cheaper.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by cutelildeadbear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm always looking for some sort of detangler or anything to make my hair softer and easier to brush/comb through after the shower. I have long coarse hair, but it isn't exactly damaged as I don't heat style my hair except on special occasions. That's right, I let it air dry pretty much every single day unless I'm going out on the town. I don't think I needed all of the so called benefits of this product, so please take my review with a grain of salt, because I don't think it is a bad product, it just isn't for me.

I always use conditioner in the shower on my hair, if I didn't I'd have a rat's nest on my head that even a professional couldn't get a comb through. I use one of three conditioners, either Pureology, Wella Brilliance, or Keratin Complex (even though I don't have a Keratin treatment on my hair, I like this conditioner). All of these conditioners leave my hair soft and silky to the point where I don't need much else, but I like to use a detangler because I have thick long course wavy hair. And it might be a surprise to some, but I don't get tangles and knots at the end, I get them up in the crown because that is where my hair is thickest and most course/frizzy/fluffy, etc.

I tried this mostly as a detangler and while it does work perfectly as such, it is still a bit too heavy for my hair. I hate to feel products on my head. It felt pretty greasy and I didn't use to much, trust me. I did only apply it to the ends of my hair and then comb it through, but for whatever reason it still felt like it weighed my hair down. I tried to blow dry and straighten my hair and that helped with the greasiness so if you heat style your hair every day then this might not be an issue for you, but it was just too much for me. So if you in any way have fine or thin hair, stay far away from this product unless you like the greaseball look, that is entirely up to you. :)

It does smell good though. And the 1 surprising thing I got from this is that it created incredible volume in my hair which I don't even think it claims to, but maybe so. It was amazing, and it shocked me because of how heavy it felt. So that is a plus, but the heaviness it left wasn't worth the volume it gave because I don't need much anyway, my hair is pretty voluminous as it is and I like to wear it flat anyway. But if I ever needed to blow my hair out and make it big, this would be the product that I use.

The other issue I take with this product is the price. It is overpriced for what it is. I know it is being marketed to be 10 products in one so you don't have to spend money on 10 different products, but I have never in my life met anyone who puts 10 different products in their hair every day, and if you do, perhaps that is what is wrong with your hair and you should just leave it alone for a while. Just a thought. I had also worked as a beauty product buyer for a drug store for 5 years, so I know the marketing ploys and gimmicks. This stuff is not worth $21.99. There are products out there that can do the same for much less. But if you don't mind spending it, then go for it. I mean I spend stupid amounts of money on my conditioners so I completely understand that if you love a product, price is no object. I'm sure if this were perfect for me then I'd be happy buying it. But it just wasn't my bag.

So I won't be purchasing this again. I am perfectly happy with my TIGI Catwalk Fast Fixx Style Prep to detangle my hair and it is only like $14.99 and it is a huge bottle that lasts me months. And it doesn't weigh my hair down at all so I can just spritz it comb out my tangles and go.

I hope this review was helpful.

EDIT: I just wanted to come back and clarify. I use a conditioner in my hair while I'm in the shower, so perhaps if you don't use one, then this product would not be so heavy. Also, I found that if I spray this on my flat paddle brush then brush it through the ends then the whole head, it is less heavy on my hair and doesn't weigh it down as much. I still won't repurchase, but at least this might be helpful to anyone who bought it and is as disappointed as I am.