Smashbox Photo Finish Light

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Decyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oligopeptide-10

on 11/12/2010 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Whenever I wear make-up, my skin gets oily and my face melts.
Since I have been using this, my make up really lasts longer and my pores are not clogged. It is water based so even better than oil free primers.

No smell, fine and smooth textures that absorbs quickly.

on 11/1/2010 9:30:00 PM

wow, I can't believe this doesn't have better reviews. I honestly don't know what I'd do without this product. Actually, I do...I'd use a ton of those messy oil blotting sheets and watch my makeup melt off my face in horror. This product saved me from running to the bathroom every ten seconds to blot oil from my face. Love it! Great primer...makes makeups application flawless.

on 10/23/2010 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I promised i wouldnt rant about SA's anymore but my goodness, do these companies have any idea who they have employed to work on their counters? I went to get a sample of the line and Pore primer and the SA had no clue what i was on about, i was a week too early for it hitting the counters, but honeslty, dont SA's know when products are coming in. ANYWAY, i explined that i tried the other etc etc, she then pushed this on me saying i really should give it another go as it was reformulated etc (when did that happen to the light version?) . i reluctantly did, after all a sample is a sample. but it did not live up to my expectations again and was the same old "light" version i tried before. I just cant seem to get on with these which is why i wanted to try the line and pore one. I think if you dont have imperfect skin this may be wonderful for you, but it just accenuated everything i try and hide, even my scares looked 100% bigger. nightmare.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i bought this for oil control, which did nothing. it doesn't control oil at all. and it also pills off sometimes which is super annoying. i sometimes have dry spots around my mouth and it doesn't really help them when i'm applying my powder in the morning.
this only helps really for liquid foundation. it definitely helps my foundation go on smoother, but that's all. it doesn't help in any other way. and the price for one ounce is ridiculous. i'm glad they have the $16 version.

on 10/11/2010 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased the product a while ago, but haven't done a review about it cause I wanted to give a chance. My experience with this product was bad. The formula has too much polymer, dimethecone, silicone ect. The fact that it's said oil free on the package does not mean it is.
I have acne prone, sensitive,oily T zone,and occasionally oily cheeks. This product tend to cause me break out every time i use it.
Also, it cause my pores to clog up. Expensive but didn't get the result I wanted. It's promise so so much but not effective for the amount of money. I used it when I go out to places like: bars, club ect. Places where you tend to take picture or be in picture. I get oily and shiny more then i usually do. Yeh, this product I consider a failure. Save for money and a chance of having a bad skin reaction.

I gave to my mom, she didnt like either because its causes her breakout. so she threw is out the window!!

on 10/2/2010 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

i really wanted to like this product because it is a smashbox product and i like them ... well it did a ok job .. but it made me break out a lil bit and the container it came in the pump wouldnt pump out any product so i had to take the lid off turn it upside down and beat it out OR put something in there to pull it out of there .. so thinking about transfering it into another jar or something idk .. and it was really expensive for all this trouble so i wont buy again i hope so one else has better times with it buy hey everyone is diff and everything works diff for diff ppl ...

on 9/27/2010 5:44:00 PM

This is a fantastic primer! My foundation looks awful after a couple of hours so I asked a makeup artist friend for a recommendation and she said Smashbox Photo Finish is a staple for her. I bought it and have used it every day for about a month now. My makeup lasts all day and I couldn't be happier with it. I have a very oily forehead and now my foundation lasts for 8 hours, even in humid conditions.

on 9/27/2010 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I bought this at Sephora in the 2 oz formula. It is cheaper per ounce and I like the package a lot better. It's a lot easier to get ever bit of the product out of the container.

I love this stuff. I have really sensitive skin (sensitive to scents, oils, sunscreens, certain minerals, you name it) and this stuff doesn't make me break out! It also makes my makeup last longer and gives my skin a nice matte finish when it can get a little oily as the dat goes on.

My favorite primer by far.

on 9/25/2010 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i use primers only special occastions i guess lol this is hands down the best ever, its oil free way lighter than the original and does the same thing trust me!!super soft surface, less pores and lines :)

on 8/29/2010 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i just recently bought this primer and its amazing. i have acne prone skin with oily skin as well.omg makes my makeup lasts forever and im way less oily.my laura mercier used to make me super oily after like two hours but this one lasts up to 8 hours without retouching i love it!!!!!