October 23, 2014 | 2167 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

I have only ever had one problem with my skin: trying to find a way to keep it matte. I bought this product on a whim at Sephora. The idea of a primer always seemed useless to me as I only wear powder foundation.

I was wrong! For the first few days of using this, I didn't notice any change. I skipped it one morning to run errands and had shine appearing only 15 min. after applying makeup. I used the primer again and voila- no shine! I bought the small travel size to try and definitely think I would breeze through a full-size wayyy too fast for the cost but if I have the money, I will repurchase.

I was advised to skip moisturizer when using this primer but my skin felt unpleasant without it. Might be a better step to try for oilier skin.

**EDIT: Forgot my powder one weekend and only had this with me. Kept my face matte through dinner and barhopping in NYC, very impressive but left my pores very clogged**

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

I have changed my mind on this - YOU MUST TRY A SAMPLE OF THIS IF YOU HAVE OILY SKIN. This is a great product. It is the best primer i have come across for oily skin and trust me i've tried a few (MAC, Estee Lauder, Lancome, Boots No7, Mary Kay, AVON, YSL, Clarins, Clinique, Smashbox anti shine and probably a few more that i can't remember!). In my experience, most of the primers targeted for oily skin and to mattify skin are quite drying. Initially they are great when put on as you think 'wow i'm not greasy/shiny anymore' but then applying foundation becomes a nightmare - it either doesn't melt into your skin or ends up caking. I had become resigned to this and thought that this was the only i could control my oily skin!! But no more... I had purhased the photo finish light a couple of years ago, used a few times and then left. However, i came across it the other week when i was having a clear out and voila... i gave it another go. As soon as i put in on over my moisturiser i could feel the difference...it was soft, light and mattifying but not dry or tight. I use liquid foundation over the top and have found it delays the shine coming through on my skin by a couple more hours. Combined with my oil controlling, long wear foundation (Lancome teint idole ultra 24h) this is amazing and really works for me. Please try to get hold of a sample and try this if you have oily skin - it is a miracle for me - HG - simple as!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by bluesky008

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this primer.
I have oily skin, but after i put on this primer, my face is not oily for at least 8 hours!that is really amazing to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by PositivelyRadiant

So many people overlook the importance of a foundation primer but a good primer, like Smashbox's Photo Finish Light, makes all the difference. The silicone ingredient works double-time by filling in fine lines and evening out the skin's surface for smooth foundation application while also blocking out harmful free radicals. You don't have to wear foundation to experience the benefits of this product, however I only use this when I'm wearing foundation. There's such a noticeable difference in how the foundation goes on when I'm wearing this primer. I even have the 1oz travel size that I keep in my makeup travel bag so that it's ready to go when I am.

NOTE: This foundation will not mattify your skin. It is oil-free, so it's good for oilier complexions, like mine, but your skin will still get oily, so I recommend blotting papers like Clean & Clear's Oil Absorbing Sheets. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2010 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Stefanie1986

I reall really wanted to like this product, but after about a month of using it I broke out like crazy! It cleared up after I stopped using it so I will not be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by littlegray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is actually my primer of choice, I just haven't re-purchased it because it is quite expensive, and you can easily go through the entire bottle in 2-3 months. My pores are pretty large, and it did a great job smoothing out my skin. My foundation glided on after applying this primer, and it really created a flawless, even appearance. My makeup lasted longer, and my skin was noticeably less oily. It's probably not necessary to use this product everyday, if I do re-purchase it, I think I'd just use it for special occasions, or if I plan to be photographed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this product very much - and am not upset with the Smashbox line at all. This primer is a great way to create a flawless, smooth surface before applying foundation. It is lighter than the original photo finish and better for oilier skin types. Feels good going on.

A nice, nice primer, indeed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by emmgill

At first i did like this primer. But I think my skin in normal to dry and I think I need a primer which is more moisturising on my skin. This is a powdery finish primer. This would be perfect for someone with oily skin. But not me. I will stick to the napoleon primer for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2010 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Swalk88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just recently bought this primer for the first time after Smashbox came to the UK. I don'y usually use a primer because I have quite an oily t-zone and I don't feel they help that much and im sick of wasting my money! However was looking through all the Smashbox stuff and was sort of convinced to try this as its "light". Anyway i'm very surprised and extremely surprised that this actually works. My skin feels amazingly soft and matte once its applied and my skin does not get oily for hours. My make up is staying on much longer. By the end of the day my make up has worn off a bit but can still tell I have make up on and usually it looks like ive none on at all after lunch. So far So good.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by prim4tologist

I actually really like this primer. I know there's been mixed reviews on it, but I don't have any problems with it, aside from the fact that it is super expensive. The only reason why I don't think I can buy this again is that I am a broke college student, and I just can't afford to drop almost $40 for this thing. I know Ulta is having a special this week, and all smashbox primers are 20% off, but it is still a bit too pricey for me. I guess the quest to find a cheaper alternative continues...