September 22, 2014 | 2138 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by dealfinder648

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I did the lemon juice (from bottle) and sugar exfoliant scrub and it worked wonderfully....better than most products I've used. It gently lifted away a few drying old acne spots too. I plan on doing that at least once a week. It's a great mini-peel. I might try a lower acid fruit, like grapefruit as recommended below, for more frequent use.

Between this and EVOO and honey for cleansing and extra moisturization, it's really saving my skin this winter with no adverse side effects like some products can cause. Can't wait to try other natural products.

It makes sense to use products as natural as possible with no preservatives. The older I get, the more I realize that God really did put everything we need here in the nature he created. It's pretty awesome.

30 out of 35 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 1:37:00 AM More reviews by sugary_sweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Lemon juice has done wonders for my complexion. I typically use it as a toner of sorts after washing my face. For me personally, lemon juice is invaluable as a means to control oil. It doesn't stop the oil production entirely, but it does manage to slow the process way, way down. Glorious! Also, it helps to expedite the fading of hyperpigmentation from breakouts! I've never used a product that was able to do what lemon juice has done for me. My makeup lasts all day and my face doesn't end up with that dreaded shine. I typically use the juice straight from a bottle, but those with more sensitive skin may want to dilute the lemon juice at least a little bit with some water. Oh, how I wish I would have discovered this trick when I was younger (with horrid acne issues). It really would have saved me a lot of heartache! HG!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 10:25:00 AM More reviews by monicadavis

Love it!!!!! I use lemon juice (plastic lemon) works the same as real lemon. It's a lot easier to keep on your dresser than a "real lemon". It has helped me so much with my acne and my oily skin. I have tried lots of over the counter stuff and this works 10x's better!!! I use it only at night, rub it on my face and neck with a cotton ball. Leave on overnight, in the morning I rinse it off. It has helped fade my freckles too.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 9:26:00 AM More reviews by ssslasher23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Lemons are my secret weapon. I have has bad acne since I was 12 (and I'm now 19) and have tried EVERY product out there: Proactiv, Cetaphil, Biore, the list goes on. My grandma told me about using lemon juice on my acne and acne scars. Gave it a try and, oh my god, am I ever glad I did! I just put it on at night wherever needed and in the morning my skin looks 10x better. This is my nightly routine -- love you, lemons 8)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 5:50:00 AM More reviews by travelbugaf3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've only used this twice, so it's really premature to write a review. But what can I say? I am blown away by the results.

My skin: acne prone, extremely sensitive, oily t zone, dry patches on my cheeks, acne scarring, blackheads, whiteheads, and horribly uneven skin tone.

I recently ditched my old routine for Bare Minerals makeup and a simple bar soap for cleansing, both of which really helped clear up my acne and made my skin look better than it's looked in years. . . however, I was still getting a few spots and the scarring really bothered me.

So, I tried two things for the first time yesterday: lemon juice and oatmeal.

I put lemon juice (bottled) onto a cotton ball and rubbed onto my damp skin, left it for ten minutes, then rinsed my face and cleansed with plain oatmeal and went to bed.

I expected the lemon to burn me since my skin is so sensitive that even the gentlest formulas of BP and SA bother me. But it just tingled a bit, no horrid burning.

I woke up this morning, and 80% of my whiteheads were gone. My blackheads were there, but less noticable. My acne scars were already lighter. I didn't wake up with an oil slick on my face like normal.

So, I did the exact same routine tonight. I doubt my face will tolerate daily acid treatment, so I don't expect to be able to do this on a daily basis. But I plan on incorporating lemon (and oatmeal, which I think really helped soothe my skin after the harsh lemon) into my routine as often as my skin can handle it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by lacou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Ahh lemons, you amazing little fruit. Lemon juice is seriously my secret weapon against post inflammatory pigmentation. I suffer from not only having a pimple but an extremely long lasting purple to pink spot that remains. In only four uses lemon juice has drastically lightened the spots and that use of a 15% homemade L-Ascorbic acid serum (very simple formulation, just L-AA and hydrosol) used diligently and re-made freshly as needed, 15% mandelic and lactic serum, daisy extract serum and retin-a have not made a difference in. Im telling you it is literally BLEACHING the marks off my face. Impressive and natural. These will be gone in no time.
ETA: I've had more luck with store bought from concentrate lemon juice than squeezing fresh lemons out. I'm not opposed to a little preparation but the bottled stuff is actually working better. Try it this way if fresh isn't giving you the results you want.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by hoale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using lime juice on my dark spots due to lots of break out. Unfortunately, i don't see any improvement. Will continue using this till the end of the month to see if it would help.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Ymel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Lemon juice is great for on the spot acne and can remove scars, but the bad part about it is that it's damaging to your skin. Be careful if you have sensitive skin, it will cause redness and eventually make your face more sensitive and irritated easily.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by lukivo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been taking fresh lemons, squeezing them into a small cosmetic container, and keeping it in the fridge. Half a lemon lasts for about a week... I have been doing this treatment for about two weeks. The first few days it stung and itched soo bad, but that seemed to go away. I have been using it morning and night, but after reading the reviews of others about how it makes your skin super sensitive to the sun, I think I'll go down to just once in the evening. My forehead and chin had stubborn whiteheads that were impossible to get rid of. I had to use clindoxyl every night for fear of more turning up or the existing ones becoming inflamed. Well let me tell you, lemon juice has replaced those harsh prescription chemicals! I didn't even want to pin my bangs up to expose my limply forehead... But now I can! Yay for lemons.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by hanstan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I came across lemon juice on MUA one day and decided to look into it!
and thank god i did...
i was going though a really bad stage with my skin, ive always had dry skin with eczema break outs on my face but found ways to manage it well.
Suddently my skin was flakey and red, soar when i put makeup on always stinging and hurting. I went to the doctors and he said I had acne which i had never had before.
He gave me a lotion to put on the spots.
after trying this for 2 days i discovered the lemon juice raves
i started toneing my face with it every night and now all is left is tiny little scabs after a week of them being giant cystic spots.
I AM AMAZED AT THIS PRODUCT
if you have acne i would truely recomend this I have done to all of my friends and they are trying it to!!!
I just used the lemon juice out of a bottle and put it on a cotton pad and swiped over my face sometimes more on the really spotty areas!
IT BURNS LIKE CRAZY but ITS WORTH IT!
after 2 mins it stops and then after 15 mins you will notice spots where they were not before it brings them all out!
Yes its a pain but i though if ive got spots now a few more wont hurt and once you get all the dirt out of your skin its gone! if you continue to use the lemon juice
please try this and perservere with the treatment as it does work like a mirical. btw i stopped using the doctors lotion and switched to just lemon juice

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No