April 18, 2014 | 1435 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic: Clean Definition

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2007 12:49:00 PM More reviews by svbrown

This mascara is exactly what I've been looking for - a thin mascara that separates lashes but doesn't look heavy or clumpy. Perfect for daytime use, although I might use something a bit thicker for an evening look. No problem with smudging, and to avoid clumps I just made sure my lashes were extra clean before applying and let the mascara dry properly between coats. Can't complain at the price - would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2007 7:15:00 AM More reviews by sodivine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great mascara for me! No clumps, no smudging, just clean definition! Price is low and you can always find somewhere selling it at 2 off or something.....just bought my second one and loving it still!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2007 5:50:00 PM More reviews by tygress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't know if I'm an oddball here, but my tube of Telescopic Clean Definition didn't seem runny or wet, but nearly DRY. Hardly any product comes up on the brush, and takes nearly three coats before you get somewhat visible lashes. As far as the wand/comb feature, I'm not really impressed. It's rather flimsy and long, and you've got to be super careful with it or you'll poke out your eyeball. I've used Lash Exact and Volume Exact before and the spikes on those are not half as scary as Telescopic's! Will not be purchasing again, rather, I may actually throw this one out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2007 9:06:00 PM More reviews by cavewoman

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It should not take ten minutes to get visible lashes with all the great new mascaras out there. That's how long it took for me to apply Clean Definition Telescopic today. Gloppy and clumpy and requiring a lash comb, Clean Definition Telescopic is anything but clean. I was able to achieve a little bit of length but definitely all that work wasn't worth what the end result was like. The brush feels like tiny needles, too, nowhere near the quality of the other new-style applicators. It could be good for lower lashes, and I was pleased with how it looked on mine, but who wants to use a different mascara on the upper and then the lower lashes?
This Clean Definition Telescopic is the worst L'Oreal mascara since Shocking Volume. And it does not in the least resemble Telescopic in its original form. That one is a very good drugstore mascara!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2007 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Ravenus

Nice packaging and I am a sucker for L'oreal hype even though their stuff does NOT work on the whole , then again , which drugstore brand does ? They seem to have a few products which do by comparison but after using it for a while , I am always felt sorely disappointed .

This gives smoothness but doesnt do much for length .
So to help it along as comb/weird rubbery brushes have NEVER worked for me . I use a lash primer , then apply 2 coats of Telescopic ,without letting it dry inbetween . Then comb through with a lash comb and it fans it out and looks pretty good ...not the best but not bad .

This has confirmed my loyalty to YSL Faux Cils though....I will never divorce , Never ! lol

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2007 8:32:00 AM More reviews by Miffny

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I had no trouble with clumping using a quick application but not nearly enough lengthening happened as so heavily advertised, the only thing I really liked was my eyelashes staying supple no smudging and not turning rock hard.

Not what I expected but no better or worse than Chanel's Inimitable.

I will try something else next time as it was a major let down in the lengthening department.This was a last chance for L'Oreal and again they blew it sadly the advertising is once again all hype.Disappointed for the last time I have finally learned no more L'Oreal mascara !!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2007 6:51:00 AM More reviews by dustyjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved Telescopic so thought I would try Clean definition.What a difference! This is rubbish, don't waste your money on this. How can this be so different to the Telescopic version and be so much worse. It always clumps my eyelashes together no matter how much I try different methods.It does lenghten but no way is this clean definition! There is a knack to applying Telescopic mascara and I have no problem applying the original version but this one just clumps horribly. Rubbish!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2007 11:07:00 AM More reviews by funkissedjm

i had high hopes, especially since i really like some of the new plastic bristle mascara brushes, but this is AWFUL. it's thin and runny and made my lashes all clump together. i agree, it's a cool looking tube, but that's it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2007 5:22:00 AM More reviews by eurogirl

This doesn't smudge for me (I almost never have this problem), but it doesn't seperate my lashes or elongate them. It kind of glues them together in spikes of three or four lashes. Gah!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2007 6:44:00 AM More reviews by Metalbabe1984

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ugh. Will I ever learn!

First off... I loved the packaging, cute pink comb and glossy silver tube, who wouldn't want to buy that? I liked the idea of the clean definition it promised to give along with the length. I was after a mascara that lengthened and i thought why not??

Well, i'll tell you why not... it is yet another of L'Oreals clumping, smuding and flaking messes! It does nothing for me. Ok it doesn't clump that badly but the smudging is just the worst ever IMO! Maybelline and L'Oreal really do SUCK for mascara! They can't do anything that doesn't smudge on me, and the length?? Where????

I have gone back to my HG, Bourjois Volume Glamour which DOESN'T flake, clump (at all), smudge (at all) and lengthens far more than this crap ever could! I can't believe i was yet again pulled in by their fanny assed marketing. My fault I guess but i will not ever buy another mascara from L'Oreal again!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No