L'Oreal Telescopic Clean Definition [DISCONTINUED]

3.5

on 1/27/2008 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Eh...there was nothing really bad about this mascara but nothing really that great either. I bought this mascara after first buying the original Telescopic mascara (which works really well). The formula for this mascara is thinner and it separates the lashes pretty well but it doesn't seem to make my lashes as thick or as long as the original Telescopic mascara. It looks a lot better if you apply one coat and then wait for it to dry a bit and then apply another coat. Overall, I'd say to just stick with the original Telescopic Mascara because it works a lot better.

on 1/11/2008 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Despite all the poor reviews, I decided to try it anyway. BAD IDEA. I didn't really have any problem with clumping (although I could see why it could happen -- the formula is very thin), but it does NOT hold a curl. When I first applied it, it looked promising since my lashes did look longer. But as it dried, my lashes became stumpy, looking even worse than they do naturally. We'll see how everything goes throughout the day. But if this smudges, too..... it'll find its new home in the trash.

on 1/10/2008 11:06:00 AM

Ewwwww....first of all, I hate these kinds of brushes (the plastic pointy/nubby things). I think the traditional brush has always worked better. This brush clumps the lashes together awful, and I have to use a lash comb EVERY time I put it on. The only good thing was the color 'blackest black', which is a nice dark shade.
I'm going back to my old faithful, 'lash-out'.....has never failed me.

Quite disappointing. I should have read the reviews here before I went to CVS. I literally saw the commercial and decided I had to try this immediately. While I found the formula better than the regular telescopic (which made my eyelashes stick together like little toothpicks-horrible), this seemed like dollar store mascara. I got almost no effect. No clumpling, but no volume or lengthening either. I got so fed up with trying to build and curl that I just ended up applying a coat of my beloved full and soft. This was a waste of money.

on 12/1/2007 12:49:00 PM

This mascara is exactly what I've been looking for - a thin mascara that separates lashes but doesn't look heavy or clumpy. Perfect for daytime use, although I might use something a bit thicker for an evening look. No problem with smudging, and to avoid clumps I just made sure my lashes were extra clean before applying and let the mascara dry properly between coats. Can't complain at the price - would buy again.

on 11/16/2007 7:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Great mascara for me! No clumps, no smudging, just clean definition! Price is low and you can always find somewhere selling it at 2 off or something.....just bought my second one and loving it still!

on 10/26/2007 5:50:00 PM

I don't know if I'm an oddball here, but my tube of Telescopic Clean Definition didn't seem runny or wet, but nearly DRY. Hardly any product comes up on the brush, and takes nearly three coats before you get somewhat visible lashes. As far as the wand/comb feature, I'm not really impressed. It's rather flimsy and long, and you've got to be super careful with it or you'll poke out your eyeball. I've used Lash Exact and Volume Exact before and the spikes on those are not half as scary as Telescopic's! Will not be purchasing again, rather, I may actually throw this one out.

on 10/25/2007 9:06:00 PM

It should not take ten minutes to get visible lashes with all the great new mascaras out there. That's how long it took for me to apply Clean Definition Telescopic today. Gloppy and clumpy and requiring a lash comb, Clean Definition Telescopic is anything but clean. I was able to achieve a little bit of length but definitely all that work wasn't worth what the end result was like. The brush feels like tiny needles, too, nowhere near the quality of the other new-style applicators. It could be good for lower lashes, and I was pleased with how it looked on mine, but who wants to use a different mascara on the upper and then the lower lashes?
This Clean Definition Telescopic is the worst L'Oreal mascara since Shocking Volume. And it does not in the least resemble Telescopic in its original form. That one is a very good drugstore mascara!

on 10/10/2007 9:09:00 AM

Nice packaging and I am a sucker for L'oreal hype even though their stuff does NOT work on the whole , then again , which drugstore brand does ? They seem to have a few products which do by comparison but after using it for a while , I am always felt sorely disappointed .

This gives smoothness but doesnt do much for length .
So to help it along as comb/weird rubbery brushes have NEVER worked for me . I use a lash primer , then apply 2 coats of Telescopic ,without letting it dry inbetween . Then comb through with a lash comb and it fans it out and looks pretty good ...not the best but not bad .

This has confirmed my loyalty to YSL Faux Cils though....I will never divorce , Never ! lol

on 10/7/2007 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I had no trouble with clumping using a quick application but not nearly enough lengthening happened as so heavily advertised, the only thing I really liked was my eyelashes staying supple no smudging and not turning rock hard.

Not what I expected but no better or worse than Chanel's Inimitable.

I will try something else next time as it was a major let down in the lengthening department.This was a last chance for L'Oreal and again they blew it sadly the advertising is once again all hype.Disappointed for the last time I have finally learned no more L'Oreal mascara !!