December 19, 2014 | 1149 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2009 1:03:00 PM More reviews by tweety1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using PHILOSOPHY PURITY made simple and it a great product but this stuff is on another level it like a power wash for your face it just make your skin look super fresh and glowing Just like you have been for a walk along the beach on a spring day in uk , amazing stuff I am hocked this is my hd skin care product wow wow

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2009 10:13:00 AM More reviews by shrixer78

I am 31 and have combination, acne-prone, sensitive skin (thanks dad!) This product is great since it is very basic and with all gentle ingredients. No redness, irritation or breakouts here! I use this with my Clarisonic (HIGHLY recommended). I use Purity Made Simple in the evening to take off makeup and prep for my retinol. In the morning, I use the Microdelivery to slough off all that happened overnight. GREAT complexion now!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 7:35:00 PM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used this product for a little over a year, several times a week. I now use it once or twice a week since I started using the Aveeno exfoliating pads (almost 2 months ago). This product works very well for me but I have to make sure that I take enough time to work it into a lather. My skin is always smooth and nice-feeling after I use it; the ingredients agree with my skin, and I will continue to buy it as long as it works. The container is a bit clumsy to squeeze the product out of and the price is up there, but there are a few skin care products which I agree to pay more for, and this "wash" is one of them.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 7:28:00 PM More reviews by RayvnNA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a good size sample of this. When they say it's mild they really mean it. It was so mild it did absolutely nothing for my skin. If you have very sensitive skin then it might be ideal, but it just doesn't work for me. I normally love smaller exfoliating particles like this, but it was ineffective. I much prefer the Mary Kay exfoliating wash to this. I also hated the smell. It was a plasticy scent that bothered me a bit, and I'm not normally sensitive to smells. Besides, Philosophy stuff usuallty smells good. I think I'll keep looking for the perfect exfoliant.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2009 1:49:00 PM More reviews by ewmcgrath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have super sensitive skin so the fact that i can use this product without a problem boggles my mind, but it is amazing at exfoliating my skin. i had a fairly congested tzone, full of black/white heads, but even after the first use of this product they were dramatically reduced. the only problem i have is that since i can not use it everyday, i have noticed that the opening has gotten clogged more than once. other than that, a great product,

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 4:06:00 PM More reviews by astrocity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never exfoliated regularly until I used this wash for two reasons. My skin is really sensitive, (it gets itchy and tight after washing even though I have oily skin) and I heard that over-exfoliating causes wrinkles. But Microdelivery is really gentle.

I've been using it for almost a month now. I've been doing this in the morning and Philosophy's purity at night. At first, I didn't think it was doing anything...the beads are really small, and almost seemed to dissolve within seconds. I found out that your skin has to be BARELY wet, and you'll get a better scrub out of it. I've noticed that my skin has a more even tone overall, and it has also helped lighten my acne scars a bit. The most noticeable thing for me is that the blackheads on my nose are almost all gone. Hopefully my scars get lighter, because that's really what I wanted, but overall I'm pleased with the progress so far.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 10:17:00 AM More reviews by NancyGooGoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a sample size of this from a really good MB buddy and I'm extremely grateful. This is a terrific scrub. It feels like tiny sand pellets on my skin - in a GOOD way! Leaves my skin super soft. I'd repurchase - if I were wealthy - but since I'm not, I'm afraid I'll have to stick to drug store brands like St. Ive's which never disappoints, either!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by AthleticTrainer

I absolutely love this exfoliating wash! I think many people confuse this with a traditional scrub. It is meant to be used as a facial wash, in the morning, on a daily basis, as it lightly exfoliates. I have recently developed a lot of sensitivity and I don't worry about irritating my face when I use this exfoliating wash. Exfoliating has made me nervous lately since the sensitivity is unpredictable, but I keep this in my shower and that is how my face starts the day - gentle enough to use daily and gives my skin the smoothness and glow that I love. I truly believe that the Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash has most improved my skin. Other exfoliating scrubs have large beads or are too harsh for daily use, but this exfoliating wash is gentle enough for all skin types. This is not meant to be a makeup remover, as is the Purity Made Simple. This is available in multiple sizes (4 oz, 8 oz, 16 oz, and 32 oz) at your local philosophy counter, Sephora, or online at multiple websites such as philosophy.com for $15, $25, $37, and $55 depending on the size you wish to buy. This is a definite HG product for me!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2009 2:14:00 PM More reviews by hollyannie2001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I"m kind of amazed by all the great reviews for this scrub. I received it as a free gift at Sephora and I didn't find it to do much. It didn't hurt or irritate my skin, but my skin also didn't look or feel any different after using it. I always use scrubs in the shower to ensure they have the best chance to penetrate and to give me the best chance to really massage them in and rinse them thoroughly. I used this and it didn't feel any different from, for example, my Aveeno Daily Brightening exfoliating cleanser. When I use Origins' Modern Friction or Clinique's 10-minute Turnaround Mask my skin really FEELS different afterwards -- incredibly smooth and it looks glowy. After I used this, my skin looked and felt no different from before I used it. I wouldn't buy this.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2009 9:52:00 PM More reviews by BlooregardQKazoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

ahhh...my first ever cleanser that introduced me to skincare. I assume it would be great for most people, but if you have lots of acne, watch you break out more. It will irritate the acne so I dont recommend it for acne-prone skin. I ended up with severe cystic acne after this. so did my bro. Even if I did like it, I wouldn't buy it again as my Clarisonic rids me of the need for an exfoliating cleanser.