Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Corn Starch Modified, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclohexasiloxane, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491(Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 3/4/2013 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This foundation is perfect for oily/ acne prone skin. It provides me with total coverage over spots, and with a light gel primer underneath it stays for hours and looks perfect all night. (Just make sure to wash thoroughly before bedtime, because primer + foundation for a long period of time will clog pores and can lead to breakouts). For daytime use I skip the primer and just use it for spot and under eye coverage, which works great too!

I'm not a person who spends a lot of money on expensive cosmetics, but to me, this foundation is worth it.

on 3/2/2013 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I used to have really oily/acne-prone skin before I went on Accutane and I didn't want to risk buying drugstore makeup and honestly I saw this foundation in a magazine and I wanted to try it out for myself.
I bought shade #55 and buying this foundation was the best choice of my life. It gives me such a flawless finish with any brush that I use and it doesn't feel cakey at all. It lasts so long as well. I put it on in the morning and go to school and even after school my face still looks matte and perfect. I've been using this foundation for about half a year and it's never really caused any breakouts aside from my usual ones.
This is my favorite foundation ever!

on 2/28/2013 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I used this foundation regularly a few years ago. The lighest shade matched my very fair skin perfectly and stayed true to color throughout wear. I have very oily skin, and prefer matte foundations as my natural oil breaks through and give me a sheen within a few hours anyway. It was a bit heavy for every day wear, and I switched to the HG Foundation when it came out, but I would not have a problem buying this again. It's a very nice founation.

on 2/28/2013 2:59:00 AM

I love this foundation so much!
I've been using it for 2 years and haven't considered anything else!
I have oily and acne prone skin and this doesn't break me out!
There is a lot of choice for colours to chose from and i found mine is a perfect match (i'm shade 15)
It last all day (i set with powder)
it doesn't leave me oily during the day and if its a hot day (i live in Australia) i would only have to blot once!
The foundation is the perfect coverage and i only out a bit of concealer if i'm having a bad skin day!
The only problem is the price, i pay $60 for it but i'm willing to pay more because of the quality and how it treats my skin etc

on 2/27/2013 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

First off i would like to say that i'm 16 years old & happen to have the very oily & mild acne prone skin, That mostly everybody goes through when there in highschool i have been using the [Revelon Color Stay] Since i have started wearing make up, It's one of the best foudations it's full coverage and its the best! I happened to want a (mattifying) foundation since i get so oily and i find myself trying so hard to find mattifying products in the store. Recently i went to sephora and happened to see this foundation & i got it, the price was kinda high i think it was atleast 30-40$ but i bought it anyway it was kinda hard trying to find my color because the color that is on the bottle isnt what it looks like when you pour out the foundation on your hands. But i went home & tryed out this foundation with the (Urban decay) Control setting pray (Oil control) and then one day i tryed it without it i found myself struggling to keep the foundation on my skin it was so thin & i couldn't get it to be the (FULL COVERAGE) that i needed so. I finally some what got this on my face & through out the day i found myself more oily then ever with this foundation & yes i did put setting powder on with this & i was still oily the smell of it was terrible & i think this isnt worth nothing TERRIBLEE!!!! Don't buy! Im sticking to my nice color stay ! :D

on 2/23/2013 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is truly amazing!! When u put it on your skin it blends so easily and when it dries it leaves a matte finish and my skin feels so soft. I just use a wet sponge to apply. This last all day long and keeps my skin from getting to oily. I have combo skin and I work very long hours and this stuff really holds up to the heat. I like the packaging it's nice how you squeeze it out so u aren't wasting any product. Love this stuff it's differently worth the money

on 2/21/2013 4:09:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

PROS
*Matte finish (Good for oily skin)
*Medium to full coverage buildable
*Great shade range
*Did not break me out (I have oily, acneic skin - cystic acne)
*Decent lasting power, but this still does not last as long as my Revlon Colorstay.

CONS
*Settles into fine lines. I'm in my 20s with very fine lines from being an expressive person, and this settles into those lines (forehead & smile) making me look older.
*Quite expensive

on 2/16/2013 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Originally, I was really on the fence about this product. I bought it when I heard everyone rave about it, and how those with oily skin didn't need to set this with a powder and their face stayed matte all day.

What I like about the foundation:
Smooth application. GREAT color range, especially for my pale, pale skin. The shade #15 is bang on my skin color which can be incredibly difficult to find. Really good coverage. Lasts all day without a setting powder when applied in thin layers. Another thing I really like about it is that it can be built up or sheered out. Some days I sheer it out and use concealer for my blemishes, but most days in the morning I just slap a lot of this on to conceal allllllll my flaws.

I do really like this foundation, it's great. Usually I apply it with a real techniques buffing brush and then I go into my Chanel Loose powder and set my tzone. This leaves my face looking near flawless all day, and only a little bit of oil shines through. I never use this with a primer, but I can image that would be amazing for hot weather, because I could not see the foundation budging.

Definitely recommend it! I'm glad that it offers great coverage without feeling heavy and keeps my face flawless looking all day.

on 2/12/2013 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Best liquid foundation I have ever tried! (I have very fair, oily, acne prone skin!)

My other fav is Estee Lauder's double wear - but I think I might love this even more!!

Double Wear dries very fast and if you apply too much it will find its way into fine lines and crack, later in the day you cannot touch up because it is like concrete - on the other hand it looks nice for a very long time if applied right!

This foundation however doesn't feel like concrete when dry. Yet it does dry fully, it is just a more light feel and you can touch up during the day blending more into the skin without caking it on.

I also think it has a good coverage! I don't use concealer with this product, and I have very visible dark undereye circles.

When I wear this with a mattifying powder (any brand really) it lasts ALL day and I have NEVER EVER had another liquid foundation who did not make me shiny after a few hours use (With most foundations I literally look like a grease ball after about two hours). I have even worn this on vacation (24 + degrees) and on a 7 hour plane ride, and guess what! The oil on my face was barely noticeable!

Pros:

* Does not cause breakouts (on me however, no matter how much I pile on)
* Good coverage (medium to high)
* Do a good job of making my skin mat for long periods of time
* Nice color range for light skintones (usually hard to find)
* Nice applicator
* It lasts longer than you might think, I have used mine for 3 months and still have about half a bottle left (and I apply a full face, once or twice a day)

Cons:

* Very drying, very visible on flakey skin (looks better on polished skin, I recommend buying a face scrub and a moisturizer if you have dry patches on your skin)
* Not really suitable for mature skin

on 2/11/2013 3:09:00 PM

My favorite foundation of all time. After years of skipping from one foundation to another, trying to find one that gives me consistent results, staying power, a matte finish and doesn't irritate my skin, I finally found what I consider the best foundation available. I can apply this with my finger-tips but get better results with a damp sponge (love MAC Fix-It spray for dampening sponges), particularly around my eyes wear any matte finish can look drying if not applied just right. I have combination skin with mild rosacea around the bridge of my nose and this works wonderful for coverage without irritating my skin. I also can be acne-prone around my chin which can become extremely oily and MUFE Mat Velvet+ has worked best for keeping a matte uniform finish all day. I do use a water based moisturizing primer with this for best results. If you have a Sephora in your area, stop in and get a sample before you buy. Try it out. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised if you like matte finish foundations.