Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Corn Starch Modified, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclohexasiloxane, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491(Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

I absolutely love this foundation. I have tried many, many different foundations and this one is definitely in my top favorites. Makes my skin matte without drying it out, and it lasts pretty long (not all day though). This is one of the few foundations which matches my skin tone perfectly. I'm in love!

This is okay. I love it for the shade range because I have a hard time finding foundation that matches my undertones. But just so you know.. it's not matte. At least on me, am I doing something wrong? No matter what I put underneath or on top, I definitely have a 'glow' (ahem, shine. And I'm not oily!) from the moment it's applied. Which isn't a bad thing necessarily, but it's certainly not marketed that way. But it's light while with good coverage, and I like the shade range. I'm on my second bottle. A little goes a long way which helps offset the cost. I'm currently using the Tarte BB cream instead of foundation and loving it, but I'll keep this around and I may repurchase when I run out again. The longwearing matte foundation by which I will forever judge all others is Revlon Colorstay, and I took off two lippies because this leaves something to be desired both in finish and wear.

on 5/2/2013 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I take back everything I previously said about this product. I loathe it and I am returning it immediately. It was cakey and flakey and after a few hours I was shiny and my skin was feeling greasy. Upon closer inspection, the foundation had started to separate. It was AWFUL.

on 4/23/2013 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

this foundation is perfect
colore wise it matches me perfectly which is usually my biggest concerns
coverage its amazing
blends easily with my flat sigma kabuki and i tried it with a wet sponge and it blends perfectly
staying power is amazing i never worries about it melting or diasappearing
doesnt break me out at all ( i heve a clear skin to start with )
cheap as it retails 35 doleers which is good in comparasion here in my country as it is the same price as loreal foundations
my only proplem is i have dry skin sometimes very dry i have to exfoilates my skin and moisturise it so deeply before i apply it so i keep it for occasions
definatly i would buy it again :)

on 4/21/2013 10:10:00 PM

Love this more than my hd foundation!

I got it for a friend's wedding which i was one of the bridesmaid, so you know your makeup has to be stay on all day because you never know when will you have time to touch up. I heard mix feelings about this foundation but still decided to give it a try, and yes! it does stay on from 630 am to 1130 pm with makeup setting spray(all nighter from UD). And i have been crying and sweating (you know you have to walk around and get everything done if you even be a bridesmaid before).

I did try it on a regular day, and i love how one layer of this foundation give you a nature finish and the coverage can be builded up without looking cakey or feeling heavy, set it with power and setting spray and you are good to go.

i think the only down side is the package, i hate hate hate foundation that doesn't come with a pump, it just make me feel weird. But this is my HG foundation and the color range for this foundation is good :)

on 4/18/2013 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I LOVE this stuff! I have tried many many different brands and this is the only one that works. It keeps me mat all day and I don't have to keep rubbing my face with my sleeves like I had to do with other products. Althought it's expensive, it's so worth it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

THIS FOUNDATION IS PERFECT!
I suffer with oily skin and this kept me matte ALL day!! It was well worth $36!
I usually don't spend a lot on makeup, but this, omg, perfect for my skin type.
I also suffer from blackheads and a few pimples here and there, It made my skin look poreless.
And the full coverage is beyond any liquid foundation I have ever used!
I higly suggest this for people with oily, shiney, acne prone skin.

on 4/14/2013 8:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This product did not live up to its name. It only kept me matte for about 3 hrs, which is no different than any other foundation I use. The wear was no longer than other foundations. I guess there is just nothing about this foundation that makes it stand out from others, and it's expensive. The packaging would be alright if it didn't pretty much explode foundation the first time I opened it. The first time I opened it, the foundation just came pouring out (I wasn't squeezing it, and I was holding it upright), wasting SO much of it. I will be returning this.

on 4/14/2013 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Really good stuff!! I ration this foundation and only use it out on date nights because it's amazing but SO expensive!

It gives such a beautiful air-brushed look while feeling so light. I've had it work wonderfully with and without primer, because the coverage is exceptional. Love the way it looks and feels, it's a worthy investment.

on 4/14/2013 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Did not like too drying, cakey look.