September 21, 2014 | 2060 users online

Deodorants - Crystal - Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2006 12:25:00 AM More reviews by sweethang618

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is pretty impressive. The only thing I dislike is its not antiperspirant. Then it would be my HG ap/deoderant. WOW. as for the odor. it does me wonders.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2006 9:47:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After noticing that my armpits were yellow-stained, I decided to stop shaving and using anti-perspirants. I started tweezing my armpits and using a perfumed liquid deodorant made by Avon. This has a pretty high alcohol content however so I wanted to find something else. I really like that this product does not plug up one's pores. It is not sticky and does not leave any residue on clothing. I don't think I am particularly sweaty, but I live in the South and it has been very hot this summer. This product performs as promised and even though I've been using it daily for 2 weeks you wouldn't be able to tell from looking at it. I am glad I decided to give this a try, and when it finally does run out I plan to repurchase it. In addition, my armpits are now smooth & pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2006 1:16:00 PM More reviews by shanrob

This stuff is awesome! I needed something for my wedding day in october, so i have tried everything. Someone recommended using Crystal Stick in conjuction with Certain Dri. AMAZING!!!!! Even in the hottest weather, there is no trace of odor.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2006 10:59:00 PM More reviews by mwaaggss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

AMAZING! I purchased a travel size (lasts 90 days) "Crystal Body Deodorant" to sample this because I've been searching for an effective deodorant without aluminum chlorohydrate. It literally looks like a big, clear rock. You just wet it under the faucet, rub it on your pits and voila! It's not sticky, there's no scent, and it lasts ALL day long. It's also hypoallergenic and won't stain your clothes. It's made of 100% natural mineral salts and claims to "form an invisible, natural protective barrier on your skin that kills odor causing bacteria." I think it's a miracle! I've tried and trashed many other "all natural" deodorants and this one blows them all away. And it's cheap to boot! The downside: my bf says I won't be able to bring this on an airplane these days because it may be mistaken for an illegal chemical or something. But while I'm at home I'll be aluminum and odor free :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2006 5:52:00 PM More reviews by daphne_elise

I can't believe this actually works. When applied twice daily, it completely eliminates BO. It doesn't stop you from sweating because it's not an anti-perspirant, but it does neutralize odor. I can't stand the smell of anti-perspirant combined with sweat, so this is a godsend.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2006 1:27:00 PM More reviews by laughinggnome

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It seems like I've tried every brand of non-aluminum deoderant... and they ranged from gross (Nature's Gate in the orange container- like a sweat sock scented cake of vaseline) to fine, (men's Speed Stick, but it bothered me that I had to buy a men's product in order to avoid aluminum. Plus, it makes you smell like you're a boy wearing too much cologne...) THEN, I got the toiletry tip of the decade from none other than Howard Stern, who swore this stuff works. And it does. No odor, no creepy residue, and unscented, so it won't clash with your fragrance. It doesn't need fragrance, because it doesn't need to hide b.o., because there is none! Excellent product. Armpits rejoice!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2006 2:00:00 PM More reviews by icedancer11

This stuff is incredible! I began searching for a natural deodorant and after trying all the bad ones - some itchy, some sticky, all completely ineffective, I logged on here and found out about this deodorant. I bought it in the roll-on and have been using it for over a month now. It's the best! It works all day while remaining kind to my very sensitive skin and there's no nasty white mess to speak of. The only time it starts to fail is after I do a long bike ride but really, nothing can hold up to that! I still smell loads better than my husband. :) Overall, I think I'm hooked for life on this stuff and I would use it even without the scare of the aluminum causing cancer in the antiperspirants.

UPDATE 6/2008 - yeah... just kidding. Back to my old Dove stuff as I got increasinly stinky with this stuff and having wet pits all the time really irritated my skin. Oh well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2006 1:23:00 PM More reviews by kak513

I have the Crystal Sitck deodorant in the purple twist-up tube. I've been using it for a few months with excellent results. I think it was $7 or $8, but there was a good Long's Drugs rebate at the time. I used a similar product in the late 90s, but it was a rock/ball with a little dish, and it weirded me out at the time, though it worked. Anyway, with breast cancer on both sides of my family, I thought it best not to add chemicals to the lymph area so nearby, and this was my solution. I just smell like me--no stench at all. I was super concerned about this burning after I shaved, but I haven't felt even a minor sting yet. Plus, without all those parabens and other ingredients attacking them all day, my underarms have such newly soft skin! Now that it's summer, I'm totally going to rub this all over my feet before skipping socks. Update 8/30/06: It quit working for me! I went to Florida in July, and opted to use my old Secret Platinum since I knew the wetness would be overpowering, and now when I use my beloved Crystal Stick, I stink in a few hours! Oh, I cheated on it, and now it's paying me back. I'm not sure what to do--does anyone have any suggestions? I've been alternating between this and the Avalon Organics roll-on lavender deodorant in hopes of wooing it back, but so far, no good results. Update 6/11/07: I tried again with this, realizing that I had to get the antiperspirant out of my pores before it would work. For at least a week, I used a scrub on my underarms, shaved them everyday, and then went back to the crystal rock. Sigh. Stink-heaven, even when paired with the Tom's of Maine deodorant. I kept up this regiment for a few weeks, (smelling horrible after about two hours each morning) but I finally have to concede that I've been beaten, and search for something else. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2006 11:45:00 AM More reviews by ShoobieDoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the Pit-Rok solid crystal deodorant push up stick and I think it is fantastic. Will never go back to regular deodorants. Although this does not promise to keep you dry, I find that it's never a problem anyway, even in summer. Something about not preventing perspiration seems to allow your body to use it's natural cooling system (the point of perspiration anyway) and you just don't get so hot, therefore you perspire less... I have never in the few years I have been using it had wet patches due to perspiration. I love the way you feel really comfortable and fresh underarm instead of that slightly stiff dried out feeling you get with antiperspirants. I have been using the same stick for nearly two years so it's very ecomical also. I have not had any odour either, even after applying in the morning and doing sport in the evening with no fresh application, still no odour afterwards. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2006 7:47:00 AM More reviews by honeystix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this product for years before switching to regular antiperspirants. Now I want to switch back to the crystal. I use this now as well as Kiss My Face liquid rock. It does work very well at controlling odor. I don't really care about sweat as long as I smell fresh since I don't tend to be pouring sweat anyway. I was very concerned that it wouldn't work as even traditional antiperspirants need reapplication for me during the day. I was very surprised that the crystal does work so well. I can't remember why I ever stopped using it because it's great!