Crystal Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

4.1

ammonium salts (natural mineral salts). 9.14.09

on 11/1/2006 12:14:00 PM

I was very skeptical at first to try this, but the smell of even unscented deodorants had been giving me headaches since the day I started using deodorants many years ago. Then I heard all the fuss about aluminum chlorohydrate and thought it was a good reason to switch to an all natural. I found this at whole foods, I think it was 4-5 dollars. At first glimpse this thing looks like it will do absolutely nothing to help with odor. So I bought it and tried it and I am simply amazed. All you do is wet the crystal and apply it just like deodorant! And it works! All day, even to the next morning! And even better...my 8 month old has had a rash on her forehead since a few days after she was born. It's almost gone now! I concluded that some chemical from the old deodorants was irritating her forehead when I nurse her. So extra points to the crystal stick. I'll never go back. I don't mind that it's not anti perspirant, because it's actually a good thing to sweat...it eliminates toxins and regulates body temperature. We wouldn't have been created with the funtion of perspiration if it wasn't a good thing. Think of it this way: dogs only regulate theiir body temperature through having their tongue hanging out. Did you know if you muzzle a dog in the heat, it's likely die of overheating? One dog in our area actually did, it was on the news...but, my point is that perspiration is both normal AND healthy for you...if you're hindering your perspiration ability, it can't possibly be a good thing in the long run. GO CRYSTAL STICK!!!

on 9/30/2006 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This stuff really works. It's amazing. No residue, and even though it costs between $5 - $7, it lasts for years. The only downside is I'm sort of a klutz and I've broken a couple by dropping them. They shatter and are difficult to use when they are jagged and sharp.

on 9/30/2006 12:28:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

There are two main brand names that mineral salt deodorant goes by in the USA: "Naturally Fresh Deodorant Crystal" and "Crystal Body Deodorant." I am about to review the "Crystal Body Deodorant" in the stick form. It also comes in a spray form and a roll-on.

I am very surprised how effective this is against odor (although not wetness). I like that it doesn't leave a residue behind on the skin - no white flakes! It is also surprising how quickly it dries. It does last for 24 hours. I'm very happy with this product, but I'm not sure yet whether I well return to "regular" deodorant or not. continued >>

on 9/24/2006 12:25:00 AM

This stuff is pretty impressive. The only thing I dislike is its not antiperspirant. Then it would be my HG ap/deoderant. WOW. as for the odor. it does me wonders.

on 9/5/2006 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

After noticing that my armpits were yellow-stained, I decided to stop shaving and using anti-perspirants. I started tweezing my armpits and using a perfumed liquid deodorant made by Avon. This has a pretty high alcohol content however so I wanted to find something else. I really like that this product does not plug up one's pores. It is not sticky and does not leave any residue on clothing. I don't think I am particularly sweaty, but I live in the South and it has been very hot this summer. This product performs as promised and even though I've been using it daily for 2 weeks you wouldn't be able to tell from looking at it. I am glad I decided to give this a try, and when it finally does run out I plan to repurchase it. In addition, my armpits are now smooth & pretty.

on 9/1/2006 1:16:00 PM

This stuff is awesome! I needed something for my wedding day in october, so i have tried everything. Someone recommended using Crystal Stick in conjuction with Certain Dri. AMAZING!!!!! Even in the hottest weather, there is no trace of odor.

on 8/25/2006 10:59:00 PM

AMAZING! I purchased a travel size (lasts 90 days) "Crystal Body Deodorant" to sample this because I've been searching for an effective deodorant without aluminum chlorohydrate. It literally looks like a big, clear rock. You just wet it under the faucet, rub it on your pits and voila! It's not sticky, there's no scent, and it lasts ALL day long. It's also hypoallergenic and won't stain your clothes. It's made of 100% natural mineral salts and claims to "form an invisible, natural protective barrier on your skin that kills odor causing bacteria." I think it's a miracle! I've tried and trashed many other "all natural" deodorants and this one blows them all away. And it's cheap to boot! The downside: my bf says I won't be able to bring this on an airplane these days because it may be mistaken for an illegal chemical or something. But while I'm at home I'll be aluminum and odor free :)

on 7/29/2006 5:52:00 PM

I can't believe this actually works. When applied twice daily, it completely eliminates BO. It doesn't stop you from sweating because it's not an anti-perspirant, but it does neutralize odor. I can't stand the smell of anti-perspirant combined with sweat, so this is a godsend.

It seems like I've tried every brand of non-aluminum deoderant... and they ranged from gross (Nature's Gate in the orange container- like a sweat sock scented cake of vaseline) to fine, (men's Speed Stick, but it bothered me that I had to buy a men's product in order to avoid aluminum. Plus, it makes you smell like you're a boy wearing too much cologne...) THEN, I got the toiletry tip of the decade from none other than Howard Stern, who swore this stuff works. And it does. No odor, no creepy residue, and unscented, so it won't clash with your fragrance. It doesn't need fragrance, because it doesn't need to hide b.o., because there is none! Excellent product. Armpits rejoice!

on 7/9/2006 2:00:00 PM

This stuff is incredible! I began searching for a natural deodorant and after trying all the bad ones - some itchy, some sticky, all completely ineffective, I logged on here and found out about this deodorant. I bought it in the roll-on and have been using it for over a month now. It's the best! It works all day while remaining kind to my very sensitive skin and there's no nasty white mess to speak of. The only time it starts to fail is after I do a long bike ride but really, nothing can hold up to that! I still smell loads better than my husband. :) Overall, I think I'm hooked for life on this stuff and I would use it even without the scare of the aluminum causing cancer in the antiperspirants.

UPDATE 6/2008 - yeah... just kidding. Back to my old Dove stuff as I got increasinly stinky with this stuff and having wet pits all the time really irritated my skin. Oh well.

Video Reviews & Tutorials