November 21, 2014 | 1720 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 7:06:00 AM More reviews by Bridgette123

i only read about these yogurt masks this morning and went straight out and brought some yogurt just from the regular shops. i mixed some lemon juice in with the yogurt i had brought. and applied it to my face this morning and then again just before. im so happy with the results already. i've only used it twice and already im seeing results. its reduced the redness on my cheeks. cleared some of the smaller spots on my forehead and nose and just made my face feel great. im so happy with this mask. schools is two more days, im hoping my face can look even clearer before then, i want to feel pretty this year. im definitely going to continue using this and im also thinking about using some honey for some of the red spots, hope it works as good as this :D

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 6:40:00 AM More reviews by 654345

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

YES to yoghurt masks! I do remember when several years back when I was in primary school, my mum told me about yoghurt and so she applied it on both my and my brother's acne prone faces, while there was significant difference on my brother's skin, it didn't have much affect on mine.. only a cleaner face. I was reading the reviews on MUA and decided to give it another try after going through this sudden phase of facial care obsession and seriously..... amazing! i am clueless as to why it didn't work as effectively before but I am glad it does now.
Before the mask, I usually steam my face by filling up a bowl with boiling hot water and then i hover my face over the bowl and let the hot steam open up my pores. Then I apply one teaspoon yoghurt of it and mix it with one teaspoon of honey and use a mask brush and apply it evenly on my face, particularly focusing on the acne prone areas and where there are visible blackheads and whiteheads. I leave it on for 20-30minutes and then wash it off with cold water. I can immediately see results as my large growing-stage acnes have considerably decreased in size. I use an ice cube and swipe my entire face with it after the mask and this helps blood circulation as well as closing pores.
My face is literally glowing! I have been using this every night and I do not mind it at all as I do look forward to a clean fresh face everytime. However I am afraid it may not be as effective if I use it daily but I don't think I will feel as clean if I don't!
Oh and also, I do not think this yoghurt mask prevents new acne from growing as I have noticed few acnes, but i apply the yoghurt mask and i feel that I am preventing it from growing any larger, which is definitely good! 5/5 for yoghurt masks! cheap and probably more effective than those ones you find on supermarket aisles!!!!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2011 5:56:00 AM More reviews by ScoutJ

Have always heard about "DIY" products, but paid no attention to them, as figured: why would there be a multi million dollar beauty industry if the food in our cupboards worked better? But I've just joined MUA, and saw that this was given great reviews so thought I might as well try it.

I'm amazed. Clearly the beauty industry lives in fear that the world will find out that yoghurt (and aspirin, because that works amazingly too) are better than anything they have to offer.

Have just started using Retin-A, and my skin is predictably raw and pink. Used the aspirin mask yesterday - which was awesome - but decided that my skin just needed something nice and neutral, so slapped on a layer of natural, plain yoghurt. Left it for 20 minutes and washed off.

It's awesome! Felt really nice on my skin - really cooling - and I actually quite like the smell (although I like yoghurt, so that's probably why). Skin is MUCH less pink, and a lot calmer looking. Still a bit dry - have had to use moisturiser - so next time I might add some honey (haven't tried that yet but it's next on my list, as I'm now converted to the "food treatments"), but tbh I'm 3 days into Retin-A so I don't think there are many things that are going to make my skin not feel flaky.

Very happy. 1 dollar for a big tub, and I reckon I can use it every day and not react to it. Will update if I do, obviously, but pleased as punch!!!

Beauty industry: watch out!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by loveemusiic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

actually works. I was kind of skeptical at first to try it, because i have acne-prone skin and i was afraid i might break out. But after i tried it my skin felt alot smoother and it looked brighter plus the yogurt also toned down some redness. I bought plain greek yogurt and put it on with a foundation brush then left it on for about 15 minutes. Also i noticed that some of the small bumps on my face are gone..i dont know if its from the yogurt, but it could be.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by linhle777

I put some lemon juice drops in it like the below reviewer said it gave my pimples a tingling sensation. My face is very oily usually when I wake up it is very oily but when I woke up this morning after the yogurt mask it was soft not oily. Impressed. I think I will put more lemon to whiten my face I have a lot of discoloration. By the way I think the best way to do this is with regular non flavored yogurt. Not the flavored kind you eat.!! Very cheap natural way for great skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 6:55:00 AM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Here is my recipe for a great night mask:
one tsp of 10% organic yogurt, two drops of virgin olive oil, and a squeeze of fresh lemon.
Even though you feel you could put that mixture on a fancy salad, it gives great results: my skin is moisturized, my pores less visible and it gives a great glow.
I use it at night after my usual routine, and before moisturizing for the night.
It DOES leave a slight oily feeling even after you rince thoroughly but i don't mind. In fact, I dont wipe anything with a towel, because it would also remove natural skin protection and my skin is sensitive.

VOILA!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by hoku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

EDIT (11.07.2011):

I don't use this anymore because it made me break out! I am lactose intolerant and it's become worse over the last few months, and I think even milk products on my face make my body unhappy, so I can't use this anymore. Downed lippies to 2. Original review below.

-------------------------------------------------------

Overall: 5

Price: 1 (SUPPPERRRR CHEAP)

Packaging: 3 (big tub, in the fridge)

Buy again: Yes

-------------------------------------------

I've read about using yogurt as a mask for several years, but I never got around to actually using it that way because I would forget, or end up eating the yogurt instead! I was wanting a mask that would hydrate, soften, and cleanse my skin without all the harsh ingredients and price tags. I remembered reading about this mask, so I decided to finally give it a shot, and I'm so glad I did!

My skin: Combination/oily, prone to acne during stress and hormones (am currently taking Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo for that). Olive skin tone, NC30-35. My skin is smooth, but it could be more refined, and I want my pores to be smaller.

My experience: I took a spoonful of yogurt and put it into a small dish that would be easier to work with, and applied the plain yogurt (I used fat-free because it was on sale) thickly with a clean foundation brush. I applied all of the spoonful with a very thick layer on my face and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.

It feels very cooling and refreshing on the skin since the yogurt is so cold, but it feels really good! The good thing about this mask is that you can use it a few times a week and it won't hurt your skin, like if you'd used store-bought masks more than once a week. The lactic acid in the yogurt gently exfoliates and clears the dead skin, sebum, and bacteria in your skin without overdrying and over-doing it.

I let it sit basically until it starts smelling like it's gone kind of rancid and then I rinse it off. My skin immediately feels cool, and plumped up, and smooth. My complexion looks visibly brighter, and calmer. I've noticed actually a refinement in the pore size and the appearance (or rather a lack of) of acne particularly in the chin area. It also helps to fade marks left over from acne.

I highly recommend this mask! Worst case scenario: if you don't like it, eat it!

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by JunglistAna

Ive read about this mask a couple years back but was sure it wouldnt work so I never gave it a chance. But the last few months, my skins just been horrid, and I was getting desperate. While on MUA I stumbled upon the reviews for this again and decided to give it a try. Ive been applying it (With added lemon and lime drops) for the last 6 days every night for around 30 mins or more (While I do homework or watch TV) and I completely regret not trying this before. My skins SO much more better now! Im super pleased with the results. Before I had lots and I mean lots of small forehead pimples everywhere and around 6 big ones that where painful. Now, more than 95% of the small pimples are gone (I only have a small bit that should clear up soon), and smooth skin in its place, and the big painful ones are also gone (Just slight blemishes that will hopefully clear up soon too), Im so so so happy I tried this. Its organic, natural, cheap, and very effective! It cleared up my acne, reduced oil, reduced redness, and made my skin feel so much more smoother and better. I will definetely continue doing this!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I understand the rationale behind putting yogurt on your face. I like the idea of a no chemical, natural beauty treatment. I love the price, the fact that it is right there in the fridge whenever I am ready. What I could NOT stand was the smell. I don't eat yogurt, it sort of gags me, and the smell is not very pleasant to me either. Having it spread all over my face was not a nice experience. After about two minutes I had had enough and ran to wash it off before it made me throw up.

I think I will stick to the organic honey mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 4:34:00 PM More reviews by gudruncaffrey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always thought putting food on my face was just a gimmick. Hello! Yogurt. Plain full-fat, already in my fridge so what the hey, I'll try it.

LOVELY.

A heaping tablespoon. 10-15 minutes. Very nice, soft and cool skin. Will do this regularly.