April 17, 2014 | 1032 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by hummingbird5

This gives me what no foundation has ever been able to: G-L-O-W. In my 50s, no less! I apply with a natural dark hair bronzer brush. The powder is easy to see on the brush, and therefore easy to control. I sweep this very lightly over my temples, cheekbone, jawline--the aforementioned cursive "E." And a little across the bridge of my nose. After foundation and blush. As others have written, it doesn't shimmer all silvery and metallic and fishscale-like. It doesn't accentuate pores; in fact, on the contrary - it blurs and refines. The first product for which I live in fear of discontinuation. Pleeease, Mr. Nars, keep making this miraculous stuff.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by MaNDiiB00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this highlighter. the golden hues look so gorgeous on my yellow undertones. i also use this under my brow and tearducts. very pretty highlighter!!! =] you can wear this alone and it still look great! i like to pair this with laguna and orgasm and im set for the day! =] LADIES DEFINATELY PICK THIS ONE UP!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2011 5:03:00 AM More reviews by ariellephan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Golden hue and a bit shimmery. it doesn't blend really well on my dry combination skin. It looks ridiculous on my cupid bow because of the yellowish tone. Under the brow it looks ok. On top of the cheek and under the eyes it looks again, too yellowish and shimmery. My skin is NC30 and it still looks, overall, too yellow!

If I hadn't thrown away the package I would have returned it to Sephora.

*A sweet girl on MUA has sent me a tip that you can actually return w/o box. Thanks so much Hanhee! However I decided to keep this item as it actually looks good for nightouts where bolder colors and highlights are needed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by JoieDeVlvre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Loveee this!!! This gives the perfect golden sheen, doesn't look icey or glittery, just a healthy glow. Slightly similar to Vanilla pigment by MAC, except Vanilla is more blue-ish toned, and Albatross is golden-ey. Perfect for cheek, nose, cupid's bow highlighting as well as browbone as an eyeshadow. Goes to any skin tone and will last forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Favorite highlighter ever! Albatross gives the perfect golden shimmer to my NC20 skin. I apply it to the tops of my cheeks, nose, and cupid's bow. I have used liquid highlighters, but have found that the powder ones look more natural and work better for my oily skin. I use this for both day and night. Lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by blondie86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an amazing highlighter, one I don't think I would ever be able to live without!! It makes your skin glow without looking glittery and fake, and works perfectly on my pale skin. HG status for sure <3

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by xjsbellamias13

This gives a really beautiful glow to my skin. I like how it is really subtle, but in the right lighting it can really pop. I had been looking for a golden highlighter and this is great. I find that I do have to build the color up quite a bit, but that is probably because I am extremely pale. When I get the desired build up, it looks beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by mellliiisssuh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

got this for christmas and now and i dont think i could live without it. the glitter is so finely milled it doesnt look glitterly. it leaves a golden glow. its so beautiful and i like that its a powder cause it looks like you are naturally radiant. YAY NARS

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by iidunno

what can i say about this little gem? i love this. i have oily skin so i do tend to stay away from glittery highlighters but this is an exception. it gives me the perfect glow.
before i did try using drugstores highlighters, they didnt give me much of anything, or thy were too super glittery. i have also tried the bobbi brown shimmer brick, which was a meh product and didnt work well for me. i almost gave up on highlighters and the only reason i have this is because i got the nars duo in orgasm and albatross. but yes i love it, it does have gold sparkles in it, but its pretty, and doesnt give an insane amount either. but my god this is love. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Wonderful highlighter. Subtle, but it really works. The price is steep, but this is something I will never run out of, since you need so little.