September 21, 2014 | 1009 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - The Comforter Bubble Bar

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2009 5:23:00 PM More reviews by shdonttellkrissy

I wish i could say i loved this product but unfortunately I don't think it does a good enough job. It does smell amazing and leaves a nice pink tint to your bath water but I was expecting the bubbles to last a little longer. I don't think it makes any better bubbles than the good old fashion Mr. Bubble, only Mr. Bubble is ALOT cheaper. I also didn't feel a difference in my skin at all. Overall this had no effect on me except the great smell that it has =(

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2009 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Cosmeticjunkie87

While the overall idea of bubble bars is a good one, i don't think they are for me... I think they make the water look gross and some even leave glitter on your body making you dirtier than when you got in... I will be using the rest of my bubble bar for my 18 month old. He seems to like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2009 1:16:00 AM More reviews by graciebaby28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If I had to choose just one bath treatment to buy for the rest of my life, this would be it ♥ First off, it smells incredible. Lush describes it as a berry and cream scent; To me, it's pure comfort. I definitely see why it is called what it is~ The Comforter. The name definitely fits:)

Secondly, it's so economical as far as bath treatments go. I say that because you can get 4 to 8 baths out of this one bar, depending on how luxurious you want your bath. I cut it into 8 slices when it arrives (it's soft, so it is easy to slice at that time, usually), and then use it accordingly. Sometimes I use 2 pieces of the 8 I cut, sometimes only 1. No matter how many I use though, it produces a wonderful silky bubble bath. The water literally takes on a silky feel and a beautiful pink color. It actually 'looks' comforting before you even get in~ Light pink opaque water, with the white bubbles floating on top... I was hooked from bath one with this product ♥

To get the most bubbles out of this, I've found it is better to cap your drain, and then crumble this into an empty bathtub. Once crumbled, then turn on your water and it will start to produce wonderful bubbles. This works because the further the water goes to meet the bubbling agent, more downward force is being used...creating more bubbles upon impact.

Another bubbling trick you can use if you fill your tub prior to getting in is, during the last few minutes of filling the tub, turn off the water faucet and turn on the overhead shower. The action of the shower water hitting the water below (from such a distance) will create lots of bubbles. I just reread this and realized I know way too much about bubble baths LOL Ah well, I guess I could have a worse hobby, right?!:)

Ingredients~ Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar (Tartaric acid), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Titanium Dioxide, Cocamide DEA, Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), Cassis Absolute (Ribes nigrum), Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens), *Limonene, *Linalool, D&C Red No. 27, D&C Red No. 33.

Noteworthy~ If you like the scent of this product, you might also enjoy Lush's You Snap The Whip Body Butter, It's a Date Bubble Bar and Sweetie Pie shower jelly. They are similarly scented:)

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 11:55:00 PM More reviews by ml176

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow! I want to add to the positive reviews--this was really fun! I broke a piece off and it made a TON of bubbles. One of the most bubble producing products I have ever tried. I think I can get 3 or 4 uses out of this, and now that I know what the bar itself is like, I think that the next time I purchase one, I will use an actual knife and cut it into smaller pieces. The smell is delicious too. Like a gummy candy smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 6:58:00 AM More reviews by nikitabambina

I agree! this is the best bath treatment from lush! the dreamy smell and the heavenly bubbles. It takes you to another world when u close your eyes and relax. If you really love the smell of this crack the whip body scurb/soap (iv forgot what its called) smells the same but it does leave a huge mess in your bath! 10/10 for the comforter

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 11:56:00 PM More reviews by kimicooks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is the best value you can get in bubble bars as I got 5 uses out of it. Love the smell and it's makes so much bubbles!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Nkruythoff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Just bought my second one of these. I am so in love. Every bubble bath I have ever tried has left me disapointed. This stuff makes a mountain of bubbles that actually stay! They don't disapear in seconds. The bubbles were there until my bath water turned cold. Smells great, and turns the water a pretty pink color. Not to mention I can safely take a bath with this without getting a UTI!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 10:22:00 AM More reviews by venused

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Great product! I love the fruity scent, and it turns bath water a gorgeous light pink colour while providing plenty of bubbles with little product. I really like that I can get 5 or 6 uses out of one bar, unlike LUSH's bath bombs which are nearly impossible to split into chunks, so I don't feel quite as guilty spending the money on it, for a treat. Since I'm more of a shower person and only take baths occasionally it lasts me forever. Stored in a ziplock baggie, I've never had any issues with my bars going 'bad,' even after months of storage.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2009 5:11:00 PM More reviews by joslifi

I love the comforter, it turns the bath water bright pink and you can get a few uses out of the massive slice, I like to be indulgent and use half the slice at a time, which produces a mountain of silky soft bubbles. The smell is great, really fruity and blackcurranty. I can't say that I've noticed that my skin is any softer after use though but a nice long soak with this certainly cheers me up after a stressful day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by MrsEdwardCullen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used this bubble bar list night, and i was pleasantly surprised. The minute or should I say the second I ran the bubble bar under the water, the tub overfilled (exaggeration) with bubbles. They were soo luxurious and fun to play with, I have to say I definately enjoyed it and it was a good pick me up since I was quite tired last night. After reading all the reviews on MUA on this product, I decided to give it a try. This costed me $8.45 at my local LUSH, of course prices are going to vary depending on where you buy it, and I cut it into 6 slices so that I could get more usages out of one bar. I would definately repurchase because I feel if you are like me who only takes a bubble bath once a week, especially on Sundays as a treat, it is a wise investement. Also, you are spending like 30 mins in the tub anyways, why not enjoy it and make the best out of it? And in order to do that, LUSH is the answer. The minute I stepped into their store I was in love!!! The smells enveloped me, and I will definately be returning. All in all, I feel since the comforter is such a big bubble bar compared to the other ones, if you cut it up into 6 you are spending about $1.40 per bath, and that is not much actually. In addition, it turned my water into a pretty pale pink shade and I sat in the tub for about 30 minutes and the bubbles were still fluffy and beautiful. Definately a great pick me up, but then again it is called the comforter for a reason. < 3 LOVED IT!!! MWAH! Lastly, I wanted to mention that i made my skin feel soo soft, and I did not need a moisterizer after using this bubble bar!!! So not oly is it a bubble bar, it's a moisterizer too! SCORE!