November 25, 2014 | 1791 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - The Comforter Bubble Bar

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2009 8:38:00 PM More reviews by chippergal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not my favorite bubble bar, but due to the amount you get for your money this is one of my staples. This one is like a "filler" between the times when I use one of my more favorite ones, like Bathos. Compared to the other bubble bars this is one of the cheaper ones and it is huge! The smell is a little "boring" for me, just a very light fruity smell. However, I love that I can get 4 uses from one bar. I also LOVE how pink it turns the water. Will definitely repurchase due to the fact that I take a bath every night and I must use some bubble bar with each bath.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by brandylee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first and only bubble bar I've tried so far. I picked it purely based on its size since I have to spend my money wisely these days. The scent is nice, but nothing great- I've noticed people raving about so many scents from Lush but to me, there are way better smells out there.

Anyways, I broke this into 4's and crumbled a piece up in my hands under running water. It turned the water pink and made a decent amount of bubbles (though I would have liked more- which kind of dissapointed me since I has hoping I could use LESS of this bubble bar per bath), and the scent totally disappeared for me once in the water. Within 10 minutes, I swear the bubbles were starting to fade and because I'm not a huge bath fan, I ended up getting kinda of bored and used my Rockstar soap for the first time (instead of just laying there) so ofcourse, my bubbles went away more rapidly.
Overall rating..an ok product ( I was kind of hoping to be 'blown away' unfortunately), I just don't have the money to use things like this regularly..I'm going to use this up (and try putting it in an empty bath like someone suggested for more bubbles) and probably try another bubble bar in the winter when sitting in a warm bath seems more relaxing :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 12:35:00 PM More reviews by karlayvonne

i love this bubble bar! it smells so good and makes allot of bubbles. i cut mine in four pieces and just used one and it made lots of big bubbles! i cant imagine using the whole thing. lol! love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2009 5:23:00 PM More reviews by shdonttellkrissy

I wish i could say i loved this product but unfortunately I don't think it does a good enough job. It does smell amazing and leaves a nice pink tint to your bath water but I was expecting the bubbles to last a little longer. I don't think it makes any better bubbles than the good old fashion Mr. Bubble, only Mr. Bubble is ALOT cheaper. I also didn't feel a difference in my skin at all. Overall this had no effect on me except the great smell that it has =(

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2009 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Cosmeticjunkie87

While the overall idea of bubble bars is a good one, i don't think they are for me... I think they make the water look gross and some even leave glitter on your body making you dirtier than when you got in... I will be using the rest of my bubble bar for my 18 month old. He seems to like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2009 1:16:00 AM More reviews by graciebaby28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If I had to choose just one bath treatment to buy for the rest of my life, this would be it ♥ First off, it smells incredible. Lush describes it as a berry and cream scent; To me, it's pure comfort. I definitely see why it is called what it is~ The Comforter. The name definitely fits:)

Secondly, it's so economical as far as bath treatments go. I say that because you can get 4 to 8 baths out of this one bar, depending on how luxurious you want your bath. I cut it into 8 slices when it arrives (it's soft, so it is easy to slice at that time, usually), and then use it accordingly. Sometimes I use 2 pieces of the 8 I cut, sometimes only 1. No matter how many I use though, it produces a wonderful silky bubble bath. The water literally takes on a silky feel and a beautiful pink color. It actually 'looks' comforting before you even get in~ Light pink opaque water, with the white bubbles floating on top... I was hooked from bath one with this product ♥

To get the most bubbles out of this, I've found it is better to cap your drain, and then crumble this into an empty bathtub. Once crumbled, then turn on your water and it will start to produce wonderful bubbles. This works because the further the water goes to meet the bubbling agent, more downward force is being used...creating more bubbles upon impact.

Another bubbling trick you can use if you fill your tub prior to getting in is, during the last few minutes of filling the tub, turn off the water faucet and turn on the overhead shower. The action of the shower water hitting the water below (from such a distance) will create lots of bubbles. I just reread this and realized I know way too much about bubble baths LOL Ah well, I guess I could have a worse hobby, right?!:)

Ingredients~ Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar (Tartaric acid), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Titanium Dioxide, Cocamide DEA, Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), Cassis Absolute (Ribes nigrum), Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens), *Limonene, *Linalool, D&C Red No. 27, D&C Red No. 33.

Noteworthy~ If you like the scent of this product, you might also enjoy Lush's You Snap The Whip Body Butter, It's a Date Bubble Bar and Sweetie Pie shower jelly. They are similarly scented:)

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 11:55:00 PM More reviews by ml176

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow! I want to add to the positive reviews--this was really fun! I broke a piece off and it made a TON of bubbles. One of the most bubble producing products I have ever tried. I think I can get 3 or 4 uses out of this, and now that I know what the bar itself is like, I think that the next time I purchase one, I will use an actual knife and cut it into smaller pieces. The smell is delicious too. Like a gummy candy smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 6:58:00 AM More reviews by nikitabambina

I agree! this is the best bath treatment from lush! the dreamy smell and the heavenly bubbles. It takes you to another world when u close your eyes and relax. If you really love the smell of this crack the whip body scurb/soap (iv forgot what its called) smells the same but it does leave a huge mess in your bath! 10/10 for the comforter

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 11:56:00 PM More reviews by kimicooks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is the best value you can get in bubble bars as I got 5 uses out of it. Love the smell and it's makes so much bubbles!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Nkruythoff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Just bought my second one of these. I am so in love. Every bubble bath I have ever tried has left me disapointed. This stuff makes a mountain of bubbles that actually stay! They don't disapear in seconds. The bubbles were there until my bath water turned cold. Smells great, and turns the water a pretty pink color. Not to mention I can safely take a bath with this without getting a UTI!