October 20, 2014 | 1902 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by elainechau329

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. Its not sticky at all or flaky. But it gets dirty quick from my foundation. I really havent used the mascara for my lashes though, I use both sides for my brows

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by bambooflower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love that you can get this for only $1! I have been using clear mascara on my brows for ages, but it has always cost a lot more than $1. When I found this it was a godsend - finally, something good and cheap! It works just as well as other clear mascaras for my brows.

I like the dual-sided packaging. When I use clear mascara for my brows, the gel tends to get very dirty (from the brow powder I use) very quickly. This way, I can just use 1 side until it's used up, then I'll have a new brush and clean gel.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by mzpinkee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this more to groom my eyebrows than using the mascara. I didn't see any difference when I used it as a mascara. I like it how it keeps my brows in place and looks clean. Not bad for a dollar and wouldn't mind buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by ReallyRoyalty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of those products I tend to leave in the drawer and forget about, then when I start using it I wonder how I did without it. I donít use this as clear mascara, but only as brow gel. I donít find that much difference in the brush size, so I just use one side till it runs out and then go onto the other. I donít switch brushes over or anything. Itís simple to use. I just brush it lightly on my brows, then while itís still a bit damp, I add my powdered brow color. It really keeps my brows groomed and doesnít cause the color to fade through the day.
Make sure to use it sparingly. Too much and it feels like Iíve hairsprayed my eyebrows to my skin. But, when you use just a tiny bit, itís an amazing product. One of my favorite items. I highly recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by thegirl123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I would not use this product as a mascara, because all it ends up doing is making your lashes stick together. You could get a much better result with regular mascara, or none at all. I tend to use this more for my brows. I use it sparingly, though, because if I put on too much, it looks like there's gel in my brows. It doesn't really groom them well, but it does an okay job of keeping the hairs in place. What I mainly use this product for now is to clean up an foundation that may have got on my eyebrows, because it does a good job of that. And for that purpose, and that purpose only, it was a dollar well spent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This product is one of those products that I'd only buy for the heck of it since I don't really find much use to it at the moment. I can get by without the clear mascara for both my lashes and my brows but I do think that it was very convenient to have this two in one product at hand. It's not at all sticky or greasy and it didn't make my brows too stiff, which is something I didn't like with most brow gels. Wouldn't buy it again only because I don't find any use for it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great alternative to Anastasia of Beverly Hills Brow Gel. It's only $1 too! I use it daily to keep my pesky brows in place after lightly filling them in with eyeshadow. It does fairly well as long as you don't really touch them. There is no crunchy or shiny finish, you will have to reapply once during the day as it seems to wear off. The finished brows look very neat and natural, I will continue to repurchase because I can't justify spending more than $20 on a simple brow gel when E.L.F. has done it again! :]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Dimplesgalore

I dont have the time or skill to fill in my brows every day with brow powder, I can end up with fake looking brows if I rush. This is perfect for the days I need a little bit of help tamming some strays and making everything stand up straight, or sideways or whatever. I have noticed the wand does pick up color from foundation or stray eyeshadow very easily, and I wipe the wand with a clean towel or a wet one before putting it back in the bottle.

I tried the lash side only once, and while it was a nice clear mascara, I am not the type who uses clear mascara. I have long brown lashes that are super blond at the ends and need some color in my mascara to help define them. I didnt experiance the stinging other reviewers mentioned, but again, I only used it once. I cant see much of a difference between the brushes. They look exactly the same to me, and I will now be using both ends for my brows. I got mine at target, but not all stores carry the E.L.F line so its hit or miss in stores. I will be stocking up the next time Im at one that does carry them.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by viesugiarto

Ooohh...what can i say? I really LOOOOOVE this product! I wear it everyday, both of it (eyelash & eyebrow)...This product keeps my brow well-shaped and makes my eyelash beautiful even without any mascara! And the most important is, it stays all day long! I don't want to wear mascara everyday coz it hardly to remove & makes my eyelashes fall :( So, this is my alternative and it works as i expected :D

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by ceriseangel2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The mascara holds my eyelashes really well. I haven't find it particularly shaped my eyebrows but whenever I use this I can feel that I have dried up eyebrows/lashes.