April 19, 2014 | 1086 users online

Lip Treatments - Lansinoh Lanolin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2008 9:33:00 PM More reviews by HapaDynazty

I initially bought this for what it is mostly used for.. Breastfeeding mothers. Works great for that, heals fast. Then I started to use for anything chapped/cracked. Lips, winter hands/feet.. I add a little to my regular body lotion to give it a boost. It's great.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2008 3:23:00 PM More reviews by pconrad72

This popped up as a review on the MUA homepage, and it made me laugh. I figured, what the heck -- it's cheap, so I'll buy it. I can't believe how well it works as a lip balm, and I'm an addict! I tried it for my hands, but it was way too sticky. I do use just a small dab, though, before bed with Tazorac, and it's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2008 9:17:00 PM More reviews by suemazrn

I originally purchased for its intended purpose but tried it as a lip balm when I had terribly dry, chapped lips one winter. I think this stuff beats every lip balm I have ever tried. I own tons of lip balms and usually have a lip balm in the car, in my bag, etc., different brands, but this truly beats all.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2008 7:47:00 PM More reviews by MsLeanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, this is the best lip balm ever!! My lips are ALWAYS dry, and this is my secret weapon. I hate using it in its original packiaging out in public, so I squeeze it out into a empty container ...one of those little screw top jars that I put my loose pigments in....works perfectly!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2008 4:36:00 PM More reviews by kayben

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Products like this one are what make MUA so valuable. I would never have thought to put nipple cream on my lips but the 100% medical grade lanolin of this product is superb for dry, chapped lips.

My lips were actually cracked from a sudden super cold front that swept through the Northeast recently and lip balm like softlips wasn't doing the trick for me.

After two days of three treatments per day (6 total) the lanolin has cured my problem. I paid $8.33 for this at Walmart and found it in the baby care section among the nursing accessories/bottles.

I highly recommend this product but be prepared to knead the tube to warm the lanolin so that it will come out of the opening. It is extremely thick, but spreads thinner when warmed. A little goes a long way ( I use a lentil-sized smear) and that works for my lips and my under-eye area before bed.

Epic product, ranks up there with the aspirin mask and monistat chafing gel as primer.

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2008 4:47:00 AM More reviews by mariannaoust

I have been using this as a lip balm for years. I absolutely love it! I put it on every single night, and I wake up with soft, moisturised lips. It is heavy, but I actually like that. For a long time I thought I was the only wierd one putting 'ointment for breastfeeding mothers' on my lips, but I am glad to see that others have been doing this too.
It also works pretty well on cuticles and other random dry patches.
Also, the one tube of it lasts for ever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2008 9:02:00 PM More reviews by phospholipid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Bar none, this is the best lip balm, for chapped anything (skin, nipples, and lips :-)) I wish I can stand the smell, but when my lips are really chapped, I use this. Enough said..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2008 8:57:00 AM More reviews by CHLee916

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG! A MUAer recommended this to me and I must say...WOW!

We went to CVS to pick up some items and I remembered her rec - so I headed off to the baby aisle and found it. I was skeptical. Now...this is my story. I will spend tons of money on skin care and even lip care items but NOT from a drug store. I refuse to pay anything over $10 at a drug store - maybe it is just a mental block for me.

I cringed at the price for "nipple" cream but I did it anyway. Day one - nothing. I liked the feel on my lips and liked the light sheen (I absolutely hate lip gloss). Day two - nothing. Day three - nothing. By Day four, with consistent use, I did notice my lips were not as dry or pursed. I touched them and felt a noticeable softness. After a few more days I ventured out and put on a color and amazing it - it didn't seep into the dry cracks of my lips. I even put a gentle coat of this on top of it and my lips looked and felt glorious.

I use it at least twice a day - first thing in the A.M. and last thing at night before I head to bed.

This really works!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2008 10:39:00 PM More reviews by gracie97

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Lansinoh is amazingly effective as a lip balm!

Before Lansinoh, my lips were perpetually dry and flaky, and most lip balms did little to relieve that.

Lansinoh softened them completely. Within 24 hours it made chapped-from-birth lips utterly smooth, soft, plump and comfortable!

It dries down to a very comfortable, slightly waxy texture and stays put for a long time, even through eating.

It works significantly better than my previous favorite, Bobbi Brown lip balm. It also leaves Aquaphor, Burts Bees, Neutrogena, Sally Hanson, Paula, Clinique and the rest of the vast array of treatments for dry lips I've tried in the dust.

I love that it is flavorless, odorless, hypoallergenic, and so non-toxic that it is safe for babies! Any sort of flavoring or scent in a balm seems to irritate and dry my lips even more.

Am feeling inspired to try to mix up some tinted balm by melting a little chunk of highly pigmented lipstick and stirring it into some Lansinoh.

The Lansinoh website has a list of many stores that carry the product. I found it in my usual supermarket -- Fred Meyer -- in the baby section by the baby bottles and nursing pads.

Thanks Makeup Alley reviewers for writing reviews that brought great product to my attention!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2008 4:38:00 AM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

I actually used this as nipple cream when I was breast feeding my first daughter...it works on dry, chapped skin--ANYWHERE! I continued to use this as a lip balm even after my daughter stopped breast feeding, its an excellent product. Some products make my lips itchy but I have never had a reaction of any kind to this, its very moisturizing and protective when used on irritated skin/lips. This is worth buying for your nipples or your lips!