November 24, 2014 | 899 users online

Eyeliner - Almay - Liquid Eyeliner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2008 6:05:00 AM More reviews by renoona

I've had this liner for a while, and I've strayed and used others in the meanwhile, but I find myself going back to this one. The color is excellent; bold, not dull or dry-looking. At first, the felt tip is great, but it softened significantly and becomes too soft to create the clean and sharp ending tip at the outer corners of the cat-eye look. I'll buy again, but it's disappointing to still have plenty of liquid liner left and and no good application tip to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2008 12:29:00 AM More reviews by GailW64

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Do not confuse this product with Almay's other liquid eyeliners, the ones that are supposed to "enhance" your eyecolor. Those eyeliners are merely sad, drippy, poorly pigmented imitations of Almay's original Liquid Eyelier.

I've used Almay's Liquid Eyelier in Black for years...not for lack of trying many, many others, mid-end to high-end, only to return to this cheap, easy to find little gem of a liner.

It does what it's supposed to do. It creates a dense, black line that will last for 16 hours without smudging or flaking.

No the tip is not very flexible, but to me that's not a real deterrent. It's a hard little nub that draws a perfect line as thick or as thin as I want it. The tip does, however, soften over time. And time is on this liner's side as it lasts for far, far too long...I end up tossing it because I get paranoid about using a liquid eye product for more then four months...and I use this liner every single day...unless I'm too ill to do my makeup (which happend twice in the last six years or so.)

It's not glamorous, it's not expensive, it's not even particularly attractive in it's cheap little black and white container. However, this is by far the one single item that I absolutely do not want to be without. It's the one item that I am most loyal to. I hereby officialy declare my undying love and devotion to Almay's Liquid Eyeliner. I may cheat on you to see if I can find something better, more glamorous and exciting, but I will always come back to you...I always have.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2008 12:51:00 PM More reviews by XMakeUpArtist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great cheap eye liner. It has a tip, so if you have a steady hand, it's easy to make a nice line close to lash line, and equally easy to make a foxy thicker line. It has lasted me forever..many months, and it doesnt move all day. I wear it alot too. Love tihs liner, very good price for what it is..

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2008 6:00:00 PM More reviews by allisonmfitz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe all of these rave reviews for this product! I purchased the Brown-- "to enhance green eyes"-- and ended up using half a box of kleenex trying to get the drips and smudges made while applying off of my face. I felt as if I totally lost the ability to apply eyeliner, and doubt myself even more reading these reviews. Perhaps the "enhance" liquid liners are a different formula compared to the regular liquid, but from my experience I will not be purchasing Almay liquid liner any time soon!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2008 3:47:00 AM More reviews by chloejeanette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh, how I love this product. Let me count the ways:

1. It is hands down the easiest eyeliner to apply. If my shaky, clutzy hands can master it, anyone can!
2. The "marker-like" tip is nice and thick, making for an easy, smudge-free application. I just steady the palm of my hand on my cheek and off I go!
3. I typically purchase this in the brown color, which is an excellent day-time color for my brown eyes. The black color is also nice for a more dramatic, evening look.
4. The color lasts and lasts and lasts. There's no smudging and no wearing off.
5. I've even accidentally jabbed myself in the eye with this and the formula is so gentle it didn't cause any burning or irritation. You know, aside from the burning and irritation caused by poking myself in the eye. :)

This is a great liquid eyeliner, and great even for novices. I am typically a bit of a make-up snob (meaning I purchase few drugstore products) but this is one I can't live without. I've been using it for over a year now and have even given others a try- but I keep coming back to this liquid eyeliner from Almay. Two thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2007 11:39:00 PM More reviews by smileyswtie

I'm usually not big on writing reviews for products, but I've written a few that I thought needed some. So, I have one for you girls! :)

If you're big on liquid eyeliner, or if you're looking for a good one...Almay is the way to go. I had never used liquid eyeliner - maybe once a year, if that...but the one I had for years was about dried out. On Halloween, I used the last of it to go drastic. In a matter of hours (it was Jafra brand, by the way) it was smudgy. I had fun with it, though, and wanted to keep using it. Ran to Target and got this Almay one because I thought it was on sale for $6 something. Later when I peeked at my receipt, I realized it was actually $11 something...which I wouldn't have paid if I saw the real price. I'm glad I did, though. This stuff doesn't smudge at all, and it lasts all day. I don't know about you, but that's a huge plus for me. :)

So, yes. That's my little review. Go buy some! :) continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2007 12:50:00 AM More reviews by LiisUsa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've always had poor experiences with liquid liner because it was hard to apply and often smudged.

This is different: it has a small brush tip that does not hold too much product, so you can avoid blobby messes. It wears long and well, however, it can smudge in very humid, summer weather. I've found a little pre-emptive foundation on the lid takes care of that problem. It stays true black (unlike Shiseido which always went greenish gray on me) and looks great. A great liquid liner and also probably good for other liquid liner phobes like me. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2007 11:59:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked up the "Raisin Quartz" shade of liquid liner, part of the "Bring Out The [your eye color here]..." line of products. I think it's meant for blue eyes, but it sounded pretty to me. Well. Turns out "Raisin" is a reddish-purple with gray frost that looks remarkably like... bruises. Something about reddish tones near the eyes just doesn't work, unless you're 14 and have no under-eye issues whatsoever. It's a shame, because the applicator is nice, a sponge instead of a brush so no splayed bristles to contend with. I'm not impressed with the longevity of the product; an hour after application to a clean dry lid, it was smudging. The Amazing Lasting product was so much better. Sigh.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2007 11:43:00 PM More reviews by heidiland

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has been a staple of mine for over ten years! I love it! I've never found a better liquid liner. The color is very strong, goes on clean, and lasts for hours. I stick with black most of the time, but the other colors are just as nice. I've had many a night out where I fell asleep without taking my make-up off (terrible, I know), only to wake-up with my eyeliner looking as perfect as if I'd just applied it. The applicator is a little bit stiff at first, but it gets more flexible as you use it a few times. The tip is the best thing I've found for doing a thin to thick line. You can go dramatically vampy, or have a lighter day time look with ease. It does take a little bit of practice, but it is much more precise than other applicators. It lasts a surprisingly long time. I've often found that the applicator wears out before the liner does, getting little fuzzy thread things at the end. I am pretty sensitive to eye make-up products, but I've never had an issue with this one. I don't wear it daily as I once did, but it's perfect for going out. I get tired of make-up very easily, and don't often stick with the same thing for so long. This is definitely an exception.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2007 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Montella

I LOVE THIS EYELINER.
I would never buy anything else.
I love the way you can go from a thick to thin line.