Almay Liquid Eyeliner

3.6

Water , Propylene Glycol , Triethanolamine , Oleyl Alcohol , Magnesium Aluminum Silicate , Stearic Acid , Xanthan Gum , Glyceryl Stearate , Hectorite , Cellulose , Acrylates , C-10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer , Isopropylparaben , Butylparaben , Isobutylparaben , Iron Oxides , Mica CI 77491, 77492, 77499 - May Conatain , Titanium Dioxide CI 77019 - May Conatain , Ultramarines CI 77007 - May Conatain

This is my favorite eyeliner. I find the felt tip easy to work with, and often I can get my eyeliner perfect in one line. It's not too goopy, and not too liquid-y, so for me it's perfect.

The color is matte, but I find the color is strong enough to stay completely black even over Ben Nye's MagiColor Creme Pencil in white.

The product stays on until I take it off, or until I get it wet! I've never had it simply smudge away, nor is it difficult to remove.

The only negatives about this product: occasionally it will make my eyelids sting a tiny bit, which doesn't last for long. When the product nears the end of its life it gets a bit thick. And finally, it doesn't hold up to any liquids at all--I was caught in a rainstorm on my way to work, and by the time I got to work my eyeliner was completely gone. The plus side, however, is that it is incredibly easy to remove, so if I have a problem and need emergency removal, a damp tissue works perfectly.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have used this liquid eyeliner for almost 10 years, which is saying a lot for me, since I have no loyalty to products and am always trying something new. I use this in both black and brown, and have never found another liquid eyeliner, neither high end or drugstore, that could compare as far as lasting all day and not smudging. This stuff stays perfect, even on the waterline, and it truly is amazing. I have just read that this eyeliner is now discontinued, if that's true than I will be devastated!

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Other

I bought this after reading the reviews on here and mainly because I like the hard tip for easy application. I do have slightly oily eyelid but i thougt that this will work fine in winter.

an average product and smudges quiet a bit at the end of the day, I will continue to hunt for my HG

This is THE BEST liquid liner. I've been using it for years, and it's absolutely perfect. The felt tip point, and long thin cap make it very easy to apply. It's also super long lasting, which is probably my favorite part about it. It stays neat looking all day. It's cheap, and you can buy it in the drug store. I'm so heartbroken it's discontinued. How could they do away with such an amazing product!! Go out and buy some now, you won't regret it. I've tried other liquid liners, even the high end stuff, and I always go back to this one.

EDIT: I was under the impression this was discontinued (forget where I heard it from) so I recall frantically running into the drug store and buying about 5 of these LOL.. however, that was a long while ago and I'm still seeing these eyeliners on the shelf!! I think they're here to stay!! :D

This is my HG liquid eyeliner. It creates the most perfect line and the felt tip makes application so much easier because it is much, much sturdier than a flimsy brush. I heard this was discontinued, so I am officially on the hunt for more. If I find it, I'll be buying at least four because I cannot imagine living without this eyeliner.

Generally I like this product, smears a bit on my waterline but it's not terrible. I hate the fact it feels like it burns when you first put it on, even on the less sensitive upper lid.

I've been using this for years and didn't realize the brand until I bought a similar inferior brand. Felt tip, bleh. For a drug store eyeliner this is amazing. I use the black and it comes out very nice, dark, smooth. Great applicator as it allows you to do thin or thick lines. I use very thin, because I'm asian. Buy it. It's also forgiving if you've accidently marked your eyes up. A little qtip with light touch of water will erase it quickly. This stays on all day with no smudging (liquid really shouldn't do that anyway) but it is not waterproof, so don't expect this to last if you're gushing tears. My eyes have been teary and the eyeliner stayed just fine. I just wouldn't go to a sad movie, funeral or wedding of a close loved one and expect that your eyeliner will be completely intact. There is waterproof eyeliner out there but I've not had a chance or need to use it.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I'm a fan of liquid eyeliners because pencil liners are hard on my eyes. I found this product to be watery and would not buy again!

Edit 12/3/08- I forgot to mention that for the first couple of uses it's very watery but as you continue to use it-the liquid will gradually thicken.

I'd buy it again if I still can't find anything better. I've been wearing this off & on since 1992 or so. The other liquid eyeliners at the time irritated my eyes, and I'm usually not sensitive to things like that at all. It's a good back-up, but it's not anything I jump up and down about. It does the job and it's cheap. It doesn't run. The thing I've been noticing more and more that I don't like about it is that it's too matte looking. I'm going to try one of the gel eyeliners soon, I'm curious how they'll compare. Overall, this is a good one to have as backup. I don't love it, it just does the job.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I ran out of Prestige Liquid eyeliner and i need a new one but they were all sold out. So i purchased whatevers near it and it happend to be almay. I really like it, its waterproof which is pretty good. Doesn't smudge and my eyelids can get pretty oily. I do'nt like the brush though felt tip is good for beginners but i find it troublesome.