Almay Liquid Eyeliner

3.6

Water , Propylene Glycol , Triethanolamine , Oleyl Alcohol , Magnesium Aluminum Silicate , Stearic Acid , Xanthan Gum , Glyceryl Stearate , Hectorite , Cellulose , Acrylates , C-10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer , Isopropylparaben , Butylparaben , Isobutylparaben , Iron Oxides , Mica CI 77491, 77492, 77499 - May Conatain , Titanium Dioxide CI 77019 - May Conatain , Ultramarines CI 77007 - May Conatain

on 8/8/2008 1:24:00 AM

This is THE BEST liquid liner. I've been using it for years, and it's absolutely perfect. The felt tip point, and long thin cap make it very easy to apply. It's also super long lasting, which is probably my favorite part about it. It stays neat looking all day. It's cheap, and you can buy it in the drug store. I'm so heartbroken it's discontinued. How could they do away with such an amazing product!! Go out and buy some now, you won't regret it. I've tried other liquid liners, even the high end stuff, and I always go back to this one.

EDIT: I was under the impression this was discontinued (forget where I heard it from) so I recall frantically running into the drug store and buying about 5 of these LOL.. however, that was a long while ago and I'm still seeing these eyeliners on the shelf!! I think they're here to stay!! :D

on 8/4/2008 10:02:00 PM

This is my HG liquid eyeliner. It creates the most perfect line and the felt tip makes application so much easier because it is much, much sturdier than a flimsy brush. I heard this was discontinued, so I am officially on the hunt for more. If I find it, I'll be buying at least four because I cannot imagine living without this eyeliner.

on 7/21/2008 1:06:00 PM

Generally I like this product, smears a bit on my waterline but it's not terrible. I hate the fact it feels like it burns when you first put it on, even on the less sensitive upper lid.

on 7/17/2008 2:04:00 PM

I've been using this for years and didn't realize the brand until I bought a similar inferior brand. Felt tip, bleh. For a drug store eyeliner this is amazing. I use the black and it comes out very nice, dark, smooth. Great applicator as it allows you to do thin or thick lines. I use very thin, because I'm asian. Buy it. It's also forgiving if you've accidently marked your eyes up. A little qtip with light touch of water will erase it quickly. This stays on all day with no smudging (liquid really shouldn't do that anyway) but it is not waterproof, so don't expect this to last if you're gushing tears. My eyes have been teary and the eyeliner stayed just fine. I just wouldn't go to a sad movie, funeral or wedding of a close loved one and expect that your eyeliner will be completely intact. There is waterproof eyeliner out there but I've not had a chance or need to use it.

on 6/25/2008 7:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I'm a fan of liquid eyeliners because pencil liners are hard on my eyes. I found this product to be watery and would not buy again!

Edit 12/3/08- I forgot to mention that for the first couple of uses it's very watery but as you continue to use it-the liquid will gradually thicken.

I'd buy it again if I still can't find anything better. I've been wearing this off & on since 1992 or so. The other liquid eyeliners at the time irritated my eyes, and I'm usually not sensitive to things like that at all. It's a good back-up, but it's not anything I jump up and down about. It does the job and it's cheap. It doesn't run. The thing I've been noticing more and more that I don't like about it is that it's too matte looking. I'm going to try one of the gel eyeliners soon, I'm curious how they'll compare. Overall, this is a good one to have as backup. I don't love it, it just does the job.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I ran out of Prestige Liquid eyeliner and i need a new one but they were all sold out. So i purchased whatevers near it and it happend to be almay. I really like it, its waterproof which is pretty good. Doesn't smudge and my eyelids can get pretty oily. I do'nt like the brush though felt tip is good for beginners but i find it troublesome.

on 4/11/2008 1:02:00 PM

I love this liquid liner. The liner goes on smooth and even and has a dry matt look to it when dry. And it easily washes off with my face wash and water.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is most definitely the best liquid liner I have ever found (DO NOT CONFUSE with the Almay line of colored, enhance your eyes liner, which sucks). I have it in both brown and black, and have literally been buying it for like 8 years. I have zero complaints about this product, I use it daily to create a retro pinup cat's eye look, and it remains flawless long into the night. Very easy to apply and control thickness of line (however I am a seasoned pro), intense color, zero flaking, package doesnt leak or break easily...I'm addicted. LOVE IT!!

on 3/12/2008 6:05:00 AM

I've had this liner for a while, and I've strayed and used others in the meanwhile, but I find myself going back to this one. The color is excellent; bold, not dull or dry-looking. At first, the felt tip is great, but it softened significantly and becomes too soft to create the clean and sharp ending tip at the outer corners of the cat-eye look. I'll buy again, but it's disappointing to still have plenty of liquid liner left and and no good application tip to use.

Top Rated Almay Products