October 20, 2014 | 1222 users online

Eyeliner - Almay - Liquid Eyeliner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2008 12:51:00 PM More reviews by XMakeUpArtist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great cheap eye liner. It has a tip, so if you have a steady hand, it's easy to make a nice line close to lash line, and equally easy to make a foxy thicker line. It has lasted me forever..many months, and it doesnt move all day. I wear it alot too. Love tihs liner, very good price for what it is..

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2008 6:00:00 PM More reviews by allisonmfitz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe all of these rave reviews for this product! I purchased the Brown-- "to enhance green eyes"-- and ended up using half a box of kleenex trying to get the drips and smudges made while applying off of my face. I felt as if I totally lost the ability to apply eyeliner, and doubt myself even more reading these reviews. Perhaps the "enhance" liquid liners are a different formula compared to the regular liquid, but from my experience I will not be purchasing Almay liquid liner any time soon!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2008 3:47:00 AM More reviews by chloejeanette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh, how I love this product. Let me count the ways:

1. It is hands down the easiest eyeliner to apply. If my shaky, clutzy hands can master it, anyone can!
2. The "marker-like" tip is nice and thick, making for an easy, smudge-free application. I just steady the palm of my hand on my cheek and off I go!
3. I typically purchase this in the brown color, which is an excellent day-time color for my brown eyes. The black color is also nice for a more dramatic, evening look.
4. The color lasts and lasts and lasts. There's no smudging and no wearing off.
5. I've even accidentally jabbed myself in the eye with this and the formula is so gentle it didn't cause any burning or irritation. You know, aside from the burning and irritation caused by poking myself in the eye. :)

This is a great liquid eyeliner, and great even for novices. I am typically a bit of a make-up snob (meaning I purchase few drugstore products) but this is one I can't live without. I've been using it for over a year now and have even given others a try- but I keep coming back to this liquid eyeliner from Almay. Two thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2007 11:39:00 PM More reviews by smileyswtie

I'm usually not big on writing reviews for products, but I've written a few that I thought needed some. So, I have one for you girls! :)

If you're big on liquid eyeliner, or if you're looking for a good one...Almay is the way to go. I had never used liquid eyeliner - maybe once a year, if that...but the one I had for years was about dried out. On Halloween, I used the last of it to go drastic. In a matter of hours (it was Jafra brand, by the way) it was smudgy. I had fun with it, though, and wanted to keep using it. Ran to Target and got this Almay one because I thought it was on sale for $6 something. Later when I peeked at my receipt, I realized it was actually $11 something...which I wouldn't have paid if I saw the real price. I'm glad I did, though. This stuff doesn't smudge at all, and it lasts all day. I don't know about you, but that's a huge plus for me. :)

So, yes. That's my little review. Go buy some! :) continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2007 12:50:00 AM More reviews by LiisUsa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've always had poor experiences with liquid liner because it was hard to apply and often smudged.

This is different: it has a small brush tip that does not hold too much product, so you can avoid blobby messes. It wears long and well, however, it can smudge in very humid, summer weather. I've found a little pre-emptive foundation on the lid takes care of that problem. It stays true black (unlike Shiseido which always went greenish gray on me) and looks great. A great liquid liner and also probably good for other liquid liner phobes like me. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2007 11:59:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked up the "Raisin Quartz" shade of liquid liner, part of the "Bring Out The [your eye color here]..." line of products. I think it's meant for blue eyes, but it sounded pretty to me. Well. Turns out "Raisin" is a reddish-purple with gray frost that looks remarkably like... bruises. Something about reddish tones near the eyes just doesn't work, unless you're 14 and have no under-eye issues whatsoever. It's a shame, because the applicator is nice, a sponge instead of a brush so no splayed bristles to contend with. I'm not impressed with the longevity of the product; an hour after application to a clean dry lid, it was smudging. The Amazing Lasting product was so much better. Sigh.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2007 11:43:00 PM More reviews by heidiland

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has been a staple of mine for over ten years! I love it! I've never found a better liquid liner. The color is very strong, goes on clean, and lasts for hours. I stick with black most of the time, but the other colors are just as nice. I've had many a night out where I fell asleep without taking my make-up off (terrible, I know), only to wake-up with my eyeliner looking as perfect as if I'd just applied it. The applicator is a little bit stiff at first, but it gets more flexible as you use it a few times. The tip is the best thing I've found for doing a thin to thick line. You can go dramatically vampy, or have a lighter day time look with ease. It does take a little bit of practice, but it is much more precise than other applicators. It lasts a surprisingly long time. I've often found that the applicator wears out before the liner does, getting little fuzzy thread things at the end. I am pretty sensitive to eye make-up products, but I've never had an issue with this one. I don't wear it daily as I once did, but it's perfect for going out. I get tired of make-up very easily, and don't often stick with the same thing for so long. This is definitely an exception.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2007 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Montella

I LOVE THIS EYELINER.
I would never buy anything else.
I love the way you can go from a thick to thin line.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2007 12:48:00 PM More reviews by ytownqueen

I love, love, love this eyeliner. I haved used it for years my only complaint before the new colors came out was that it only came in black and dark brown. I have tried so many different brands for more variety of colors and I was always disappointed with either the formula or the applicator. I was so excited when they launched their new colors that I bought one of each. Then went back and bought several of the brown topaz just in case it was discontinued. Anyway, this is my HG eyeliner I always get a perfect line with little effort. Some have said they felt the tip was too stiff, I agree when you get a new one but after you use it a few times it get s softer and easier to use. This lasts longer than any other liquid I have used, I can even fall asleep in it and still wake up with almost perfectly lined eyes. For those of you that say it stings you must have extremely sensitive eyes because sometimes I line the inside of my eyes with this and it doesn't sting at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2007 6:49:00 PM More reviews by sativaspitzer76

If I could give this product a ZERO I would. I bought it at Walgreen's on a buy one get one free sale. This was against my better judgement as I always use Maybelline Liquid Waterproof eyeliner. The claim of Almay's liquid eyeliner is that it lasts up to 16 hours. This couldn't be further from the truth. Every day I had eyeliner smears and crumbles all over my face. It didn't even last 1-2 hrs without this happening. It also made my eyes itch! I was relieved to be able to finally throw this product away and go back to my beloved Maybelline. I will never use an Almay eye product again!