Almay Liquid Eyeliner

3.7

Water , Propylene Glycol , Triethanolamine , Oleyl Alcohol , Magnesium Aluminum Silicate , Stearic Acid , Xanthan Gum , Glyceryl Stearate , Hectorite , Cellulose , Acrylates , C-10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer , Isopropylparaben , Butylparaben , Isobutylparaben , Iron Oxides , Mica CI 77491, 77492, 77499 - May Conatain , Titanium Dioxide CI 77019 - May Conatain , Ultramarines CI 77007 - May Conatain

on 6/25/2008 7:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I'm a fan of liquid eyeliners because pencil liners are hard on my eyes. I found this product to be watery and would not buy again!

Edit 12/3/08- I forgot to mention that for the first couple of uses it's very watery but as you continue to use it-the liquid will gradually thicken.

I'd buy it again if I still can't find anything better. I've been wearing this off & on since 1992 or so. The other liquid eyeliners at the time irritated my eyes, and I'm usually not sensitive to things like that at all. It's a good back-up, but it's not anything I jump up and down about. It does the job and it's cheap. It doesn't run. The thing I've been noticing more and more that I don't like about it is that it's too matte looking. I'm going to try one of the gel eyeliners soon, I'm curious how they'll compare. Overall, this is a good one to have as backup. I don't love it, it just does the job.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I ran out of Prestige Liquid eyeliner and i need a new one but they were all sold out. So i purchased whatevers near it and it happend to be almay. I really like it, its waterproof which is pretty good. Doesn't smudge and my eyelids can get pretty oily. I do'nt like the brush though felt tip is good for beginners but i find it troublesome.

on 4/11/2008 1:02:00 PM

I love this liquid liner. The liner goes on smooth and even and has a dry matt look to it when dry. And it easily washes off with my face wash and water.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is most definitely the best liquid liner I have ever found (DO NOT CONFUSE with the Almay line of colored, enhance your eyes liner, which sucks). I have it in both brown and black, and have literally been buying it for like 8 years. I have zero complaints about this product, I use it daily to create a retro pinup cat's eye look, and it remains flawless long into the night. Very easy to apply and control thickness of line (however I am a seasoned pro), intense color, zero flaking, package doesnt leak or break easily...I'm addicted. LOVE IT!!

on 3/12/2008 6:05:00 AM

I've had this liner for a while, and I've strayed and used others in the meanwhile, but I find myself going back to this one. The color is excellent; bold, not dull or dry-looking. At first, the felt tip is great, but it softened significantly and becomes too soft to create the clean and sharp ending tip at the outer corners of the cat-eye look. I'll buy again, but it's disappointing to still have plenty of liquid liner left and and no good application tip to use.

on 3/10/2008 12:29:00 AM

Do not confuse this product with Almay's other liquid eyeliners, the ones that are supposed to "enhance" your eyecolor. Those eyeliners are merely sad, drippy, poorly pigmented imitations of Almay's original Liquid Eyelier.

I've used Almay's Liquid Eyelier in Black for years...not for lack of trying many, many others, mid-end to high-end, only to return to this cheap, easy to find little gem of a liner.

It does what it's supposed to do. It creates a dense, black line that will last for 16 hours without smudging or flaking.

No the tip is not very flexible, but to me that's not a real deterrent. It's a hard little nub that draws a perfect line as thick or as thin as I want it. The tip does, however, soften over time. And time is on this liner's side as it lasts for far, far too long...I end up tossing it because I get paranoid about using a liquid eye product for more then four months...and I use this liner every single day...unless I'm too ill to do my makeup (which happend twice in the last six years or so.)

It's not glamorous, it's not expensive, it's not even particularly attractive in it's cheap little black and white container. However, this is by far the one single item that I absolutely do not want to be without. It's the one item that I am most loyal to. I hereby officialy declare my undying love and devotion to Almay's Liquid Eyeliner. I may cheat on you to see if I can find something better, more glamorous and exciting, but I will always come back to you...I always have.

on 1/21/2008 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Great cheap eye liner. It has a tip, so if you have a steady hand, it's easy to make a nice line close to lash line, and equally easy to make a foxy thicker line. It has lasted me forever..many months, and it doesnt move all day. I wear it alot too. Love tihs liner, very good price for what it is..

on 1/16/2008 6:00:00 PM

I can't believe all of these rave reviews for this product! I purchased the Brown-- "to enhance green eyes"-- and ended up using half a box of kleenex trying to get the drips and smudges made while applying off of my face. I felt as if I totally lost the ability to apply eyeliner, and doubt myself even more reading these reviews. Perhaps the "enhance" liquid liners are a different formula compared to the regular liquid, but from my experience I will not be purchasing Almay liquid liner any time soon!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Oh, how I love this product. Let me count the ways:

1. It is hands down the easiest eyeliner to apply. If my shaky, clutzy hands can master it, anyone can!
2. The "marker-like" tip is nice and thick, making for an easy, smudge-free application. I just steady the palm of my hand on my cheek and off I go!
3. I typically purchase this in the brown color, which is an excellent day-time color for my brown eyes. The black color is also nice for a more dramatic, evening look.
4. The color lasts and lasts and lasts. There's no smudging and no wearing off.
5. I've even accidentally jabbed myself in the eye with this and the formula is so gentle it didn't cause any burning or irritation. You know, aside from the burning and irritation caused by poking myself in the eye. :)

This is a great liquid eyeliner, and great even for novices. I am typically a bit of a make-up snob (meaning I purchase few drugstore products) but this is one I can't live without. I've been using it for over a year now and have even given others a try- but I keep coming back to this liquid eyeliner from Almay. Two thumbs up!