August 21, 2014 | 1882 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Mascara

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 10:20:00 AM More reviews by RustGospel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

As my eyelashes are naturally long, I tend not to pay very much mind to whatever mascara I happen to have at the moment. This mascara however, has been an exception but I must warn you that this ISN'T a good thing in this case.
I don't remember exactly how I ended up with this mascara but after a much better previous tube of mascara of mine ran out, I felt obligated to use this instead of buying something.
Since my eyelashes are naturally long, most of the emphasis that I place on a good mascara tends to be mostly in the volumizing and separating/fanning departments. Lancome Definicils fails in both of these.
As the reviewer below me mentioned, it tends to produce a very unattractive clumpy, spidery affect. This wouldn't bother me so much IF I could use a comb to separate them. But alas, I can't. The formula is so thick, rough to the touch, and just generally HARD that I can't use a comb to separate them without pulling my eyelashes out. It's horrible.
Between the stiff, bristly wand and the rock solid formula I also found that I lose a few lashes every time I put this on or take it off. It does nothing in the way of making my eyelashes appear thicker since it clumps them together and pulls them out.
It does an alright job with lengthening, but the effect would be much more flattering if the mascara didn't make lashes look so ragged.
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem either, but this mascara also irritates my eyes after a few hours of wear. It's just so thick and heavy that I dislike wearing it at all. This just didn't work for me.

EDIT: I'm bumping this up a rating because after trying several other mascaras, I realized just how good Lancome Definicils is. Sure, it's not without it's flaws, but I'm seriously beginning to wonder if there could ever be such a thing as a perfect mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Mischievous1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have received this for free on a few occassions with a GWP. I can honestly say this is one of the worst mascaras I have used. I have long lashes to begin with so when I use this they look freakishly long and like black, clumpy spider legs. The mascara is too wet and black for me.It's black but looks like a navy black colour and the color gets all on my eyelids when I try to apply it. I have used it with the cils booster xl and a lash curler and it didn't make any difference.It makes my lashes straight and long and what I want is thick and curled. I wouldn't waste $1 on this mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by len110381

Disapointed :( did not work fore me. Im asian and hate my lashes I like the Hypnose Drama better

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by bellaflor179

I got this product for free courtesy of a promo they were doing for Lancome. I am usually skeptical about high brand/expensive mascaras reason being i tried them before and EPIC Fail. So when I applied the first coat I was impressed as I applied the 2nd coat I was sold. I would deff. buy this again. The only con is that the mascara dries out fast and mine flaked just a bit but other than that it got the job done.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by canadian

Shoppers Drug Mart had a sampler pack of mascaras at Christmas. It includes a certificate to receive a free full size mascara of your choice (brands that were in the package)This mascara was included. I recently tried it. I like how it didn't clump, defines and lengthens the lashes. My lashed looked fanned out and longer if that makes sense. I definitely plan on using the certificate to get this mascara. This mascara costs around $30.00 Canadian so I'm on the fence about purchasing it after my free one is used up.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by cking2013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ok so obviously there's already a lot of love for this mascara but since this is the best one I've ever used I had to let everyone know. This mascara works wonder it rarely clumps, seperates lashes, adds loads of lenth, still adds some volume AND holds a curl. What really sets this mascara above the rest though is that it stays all day; I put this mascara on at five in the morning and by six it's still in place and my lashes are really noticible :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by nmac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

MY ALL TIME FAVORITE !!! It NEVER CLUMPS, gives amazing lenght even if it isn't a lenght mascara , gives AMAZINGLY WONDERFUL VOLUME , the brush is not curvy (which I love) , the bristles are hard which helps when putting the mascara on , it gives great effect but not too dramatic so great for school but doesn't look too natural either .

I LOVE IT !!! <3

Btw I have the définicils precious cells

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by ynamiki

My go-to mascara. I switch from Definicils to Hypnose Drama (another Lancome mascara) depending on the look I'm trying to get (length&definition vs volume). But this tends my everyday mascara since it looks so natural. I don't have a problem with clumping like other reviewers but I can tell when the mascara starts to get old because it takes more strokes to apply. I have tried Maybelline because of all the hype around that mascara too but no...Lancome please!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by pulitzer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

For me, this is a pretty average/mediocre mascara.

The brush clumps the formula on my lashes and does not separate them well. Considering the brush is long and skinny with sharp bristles, it should have some properties that separate and lengthen. The formula itself isn't terribly long lasting and it tends to flake off towards the end of the day - it also seems to be a bit drier than other mascara formulas I've tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2011 3:57:00 AM More reviews by AintPossible

I bought this during the Christmas season last year so it came along with other products, so I saved a bit of money. I didn't want it to dry out (1 year about for unopened mascara) so I decided to give it a go.

I have short, straight lashes, courtesy of my genes. What happened? I applied it a bit light-handed I think (didn't want spider legs).
First coat: bit of lengthened, defined lashes. Not so much volume
Second coat: looking better, I can see the nice length and definition. Bit more volume here. Loosing the curl a bit...
Third: Niiice. Loving the natural look! However needed to support curl with fingers while it dried so it wouldn't droop.

Overall, I am pleased with the results. It did make a difference with length and definition. It did enough volume for me to be noticable from the distance but it wasn't obviously fake, overdone, or false lashes... a good day look. However it's curl support is could be better.
I wore this to school, and didn't smudge on me which is good since my eyelids are a bit oily plus I'm a monolid (with no crease in the eyelid) so mascara is always in contact with my slightly oily eyelids.