Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

3.7

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

on 11/1/2011 4:31:00 PM

If you want a light, everyday, during the day type of mascara that curls your lashes, defines them very well, and elongates, go for the Lancome Definicils. It is a truly lash defining experience -- perfect for work because it isn't too dramatic or heavy. I feel like it is the lighter version of Maybelline's Falsies mascara. If you want more oomph, you should go for the Lancome Hypnose or Dior Show.

on 10/30/2011 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hated this mascara.
It clumped very easily and always ALWAYS ended up smudging and going on my undereye area. I used both the waterproof and non-waterproof version and both did the aforementioned.

Worst mascara I have ever tried.

on 10/28/2011 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

LOVE this.
It has great staying power, looks good all day, and barely flakes.

I have to put two coats on to achieve the look I like, and I got it in deep black, and it looks kind of glossy, which I like.

Yes, $25 dollar is NUTS for mascara, but....I hear this mascara lasts foreeeeveer, so we'll see. The only downfall to me is the price.

It washes off really nicely with water and a baby wipe.
Overall, this is probably one of my favorites, if not my favorite mascara I have used!

on 10/27/2011 8:56:00 AM

Nothing more than an average performer. Yes, it will not smudge and is easily removed with water-based cleanser. But this is only because the consistency is too thin, which unfortunately also means that the impact on lashes is unremarkable.

on 10/17/2011 1:37:00 PM

I recieved a mini mascara as a GWP. I'm glad I tried it, you really can see the difference compared to a ''naked'' eye. However, I personally prefer mascaras which can be removed with water (38 degrees C) like the Sensai mascaras.

on 10/14/2011 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Best mascara I've ever used. I wear mascara every day but wear very little makeup otherwise, so for me this is worth the cost. If you want a go-to product that's appropriate for day wear, can be built upon for evening, and washes off easily (no raccoon eyes in the morning or black streaks on my pillow) then go ahead and spring for this. One tube will last you the better part of a year if you're careful with it!

on 10/3/2011 1:24:00 AM

SO expensive, but as expensive, dept store mascaras go, this one is one of the best. I loved it because it both lengthened and volumized my lashes. Actually, if anything, this mascara did more lengthening and defining than volumizing, but the drama was there. My lashes were dark, defined, and SO CRAZY LONG. Not clumpy at all, but perhaps slightly spidery if you apply too much product and don't sweep it out with a clean mascara wand. If you've got the money, by all means, try this!

on 9/18/2011 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this mascara for a easy daytime makeup routine. I like the fact that it isn't clumpy and doesn't smell extremely strong. I like to use a mascara with smaller brushes for ease of control, so this one fits my bill nicely. The smooth formula lasts on my eyes until I want to take it off, without being waterproof and needing a hardcore makeup remover. I find that it gives my lashes a bit of lift, which they do need, and that it lengthens very nicely. I do like to build my mascara but I find myself building much less compared to *volumizing* mascaras such as Diorshow or Bad Gal, perhaps because of the wetter formula which grabs better onto my lashes. This mascara isn't a cult favorite for nothing and if you want to get a lengthening, volumizing, no-smudge, and easy to remove mascara, this is it. I've already repurchased it numerous times since I've first started using makeup and I always come back to it.

on 9/12/2011 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Based on numerous glowing reviews and Definicils status as a cult mascara, I was so convinced that I was missing something when I didn't like it that I bought a second tube after my first one ran out. Now I can confidently state that it isn't me, it's Definicils. Definicils is a sub-par product in luxury brand clothing. It clumps, it looks dry on lashes, and it doesn't do much to lengthen or fill out my skimpy lashes. It also gave me a touch of raccoon eyes.

on 9/11/2011 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Overall, not a bad mascara. Clean definition, leaves my lash soft and touchable, and no flaking or smudging. However, totally not worth the price. Some lengthening, but not very much, and very little volume to speak of. I like the mascara, but when it's so expensive? No way. Also, doesn't hold a curl very well.

Popular Mascaras