October 20, 2014 | 750 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Mascara

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Excellent mascara. Doesn't clump and adds the most beautiful length and volume.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by lexyc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Meh. I was expecting more from this. I think that if you already have good lashes and don't need much other than colour, definition and no flakes, then this is for you. If you are like me and need pretty much everything - colour, length, volume, etc - from a mascara, then expect disappointment. I felt like I looked like I had no mascara on. I still prefer BadGal by far, although I am prepared to live with a few flakes. Just picked up Voluminous again today - who can pass up $6 mascara that is reliable, versus spending $20+ for disappointment. I will pick up BadGal again when I need a mascara splurge.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 8:23:00 AM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This is a great example of a "pretty good" product.

Pros:
Love the tapered brush because it gets right into the corner of my eyes and coats the little wee hairs there
One coat is all I need

Cons:
Wet and messy

It's a nice, basic mascara that's a perfectly good product.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by silvervenus421

I love mascaras and try to try a new one everytime my old one runs out. I've read/heard about this one for a long time, so I went to Sephora to purchase it. I have short, but not too short lashes, medium thickness. I tried it on after curling my lashes, giving it two coats. Noticed that the color was not doing anything for my lashes, no pop. Perhaps I should have bought the one in dark black vs. black. The formula is also a bit wet. After a long day, I inspected my lashes, and they looked droopy. It does not hold a curl well at all, and my lashes barely had any extra volume. Needless to say, I will not purchase again, highly disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2011 10:20:00 AM More reviews by TheUnforgiven

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I was really disappointed of this mascara, because I used to love Lancome mascaras on the 80's and early 90's. They had a wonderful miracle mascara called "Keracils" and few other great ones that I loved. I expected this to be similar quality. It wasn't.
The formula was too wet. It straightened my curled lashes as soon as I got it applied. It didn't do anything for my lashes except coated them with color and made them sticking to each others. I tried to use it for a decent amount of time waiting for it to get better when it was dried a bit, but it only made my lashes look messy and clumpy. Normally mascaras with too thin formula get better when they dry a bit, but this one got even worse, if possible.
Only thing that was good with this mascara was the packaging, which looks great. Also it didn't smudge on me too much, but there's a lot of cheaper mascaras which don't smudge that much either and they also perform much better than this one.
The prize of this mascara is ridiculous for the bad quality. I would have expected something spectacular for that prize, but this one failed for me, totally.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 10:20:00 AM More reviews by RustGospel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

As my eyelashes are naturally long, I tend not to pay very much mind to whatever mascara I happen to have at the moment. This mascara however, has been an exception but I must warn you that this ISN'T a good thing in this case.
I don't remember exactly how I ended up with this mascara but after a much better previous tube of mascara of mine ran out, I felt obligated to use this instead of buying something.
Since my eyelashes are naturally long, most of the emphasis that I place on a good mascara tends to be mostly in the volumizing and separating/fanning departments. Lancome Definicils fails in both of these.
As the reviewer below me mentioned, it tends to produce a very unattractive clumpy, spidery affect. This wouldn't bother me so much IF I could use a comb to separate them. But alas, I can't. The formula is so thick, rough to the touch, and just generally HARD that I can't use a comb to separate them without pulling my eyelashes out. It's horrible.
Between the stiff, bristly wand and the rock solid formula I also found that I lose a few lashes every time I put this on or take it off. It does nothing in the way of making my eyelashes appear thicker since it clumps them together and pulls them out.
It does an alright job with lengthening, but the effect would be much more flattering if the mascara didn't make lashes look so ragged.
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem either, but this mascara also irritates my eyes after a few hours of wear. It's just so thick and heavy that I dislike wearing it at all. This just didn't work for me.

EDIT: I'm bumping this up a rating because after trying several other mascaras, I realized just how good Lancome Definicils is. Sure, it's not without it's flaws, but I'm seriously beginning to wonder if there could ever be such a thing as a perfect mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Mischievous1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have received this for free on a few occassions with a GWP. I can honestly say this is one of the worst mascaras I have used. I have long lashes to begin with so when I use this they look freakishly long and like black, clumpy spider legs. The mascara is too wet and black for me.It's black but looks like a navy black colour and the color gets all on my eyelids when I try to apply it. I have used it with the cils booster xl and a lash curler and it didn't make any difference.It makes my lashes straight and long and what I want is thick and curled. I wouldn't waste $1 on this mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by len110381

Disapointed :( did not work fore me. Im asian and hate my lashes I like the Hypnose Drama better

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by bellaflor179

I got this product for free courtesy of a promo they were doing for Lancome. I am usually skeptical about high brand/expensive mascaras reason being i tried them before and EPIC Fail. So when I applied the first coat I was impressed as I applied the 2nd coat I was sold. I would deff. buy this again. The only con is that the mascara dries out fast and mine flaked just a bit but other than that it got the job done.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by canadian

Shoppers Drug Mart had a sampler pack of mascaras at Christmas. It includes a certificate to receive a free full size mascara of your choice (brands that were in the package)This mascara was included. I recently tried it. I like how it didn't clump, defines and lengthens the lashes. My lashed looked fanned out and longer if that makes sense. I definitely plan on using the certificate to get this mascara. This mascara costs around $30.00 Canadian so I'm on the fence about purchasing it after my free one is used up.