December 17, 2014 | 1671 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2009 5:57:00 PM More reviews by adesisca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i never touch eyeliner before i tried this one. pencil eyeliner is too hard for me and liquid always get messy. bobbi brown introduces me to a gel eyeliner and i am so thankful that they invented gel eyeliner!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by csong12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I feel like I got a defected pot of this gel liner. The consistency of the product is amazingly smooth, but it would smudge on the crease of my upper eyelid within a couple of hours. I would constantly have to "clean up" the eyeliner. I also found that it wasn't long-lasting at all on my oily eyelids. I used a primer but to no avail. Although this eyeliner would not smudge or travel or run and give me raccoon eyes, it would simply dissapear from my lids. This makes me think that it probably just got into the inside corners of my eye and it went into my eye. GROSS! For the price of this, I expected MUCH much better. I was really dissapointed with the brush too. I would definitely try the product on in the store and wear it for a day and see how it holds up before purchasing it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by beautygeek

In my opinion, this Gel Eyeliner is better than the MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack and the HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. I feel that this gel formula glides on my lid a lot easier and smoother. The color is pigmented and very black (just how I like it). It is very creamy and does not smudge on the upper lid. I have Black Ink and Violet Ink and both works great as bases too. I put the Violet Ink on my lower lashline once and it lasted all day with only a slight smudge; it wasn't too drastic that it made me look like a raccoon. I put this on my waterline for a while to test the lasting power, but it smudged right off, so I do not recommend this for the waterline or people with watery eyes. I really like this Gel Eyeliner a lot better than the previous I tried. I will definitely buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 11:23:00 AM More reviews by maggiealex

i've done a general review on this product (bb gel liner) which got a 5 from me. LOVE!!!!

so in this review i am gonna talk about the colour

ITS A PERFECT BLACK, good pigmentation, non transfering into the crease, and finally my waterline is true-black-coloured all day !!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by jyllian

I generally agree with the rave reviews on this product (yes, it goes on smoothly; yes, it's nice and dark; yes, it's got p-r-e-t-t-y good staying power), *but* for some reason, I can't get this to product to work perfectly for me. Black Ink is so very dark and I find it hard to smudge, so my eyes actually end up looking smaller because they are lined too darkly and finely. When I do succeed in smudging it, the only look I can achieve is the "danced-all-night-in-a-club-and-drank-too-much" sort of whorish goth look. Not really flattering. Then too, I took it to Hawaii to swim with because so many people claimed you could swim and it wouldn't run or smudge, but that turned out not to be true for me. When it dries off, it kind of flakes off in chunks rather than fades softly (which I prefer). Maybe the Graphite color would be better for what I need... frankly, I much prefer Laura Mercier Black Ebony eye liner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by dodobat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner is freaking amazing. I just bought mine today and its a very nice intense black. I made a comparison with the stila smudge pots and this wins hands down. Its also slightly cheaper. The nice MA tried it on me today and it looked so pretty!! I bought it immediately with the brush. Would i buy it again? Most definitely would.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2008 2:02:00 PM More reviews by modestyblaise78

I love this product, and I am so glad that I bought it after reading all these reviews here.
It's absolutely perfect (apart from the price) and extremely easy to apply with an angled brush.
You can cry, sweat and dive with it without bad looking consequences.
It has an excellent staying power.
I would like to have this in all colors available, and would definitely repurchase.
I use it very often.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Sour

I love this eyeliner! I just canít live without it! Its totally HG material, I canít wait to try the other colors. Performance-wise, this product does not smudge or flake awayÖ EVER! And the color? Itís a true black that really lives up to its name.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2008 8:14:00 PM More reviews by maysflower21

Thank God for this product. I am one of those people who, without eyeliner looks like I've missed about 10 days of sleep. I agree with Gurululu's review 100%. I cannot stand re-applying every hour but with this product i dont have to! Believe me - it stays on and stays put. I actually use one of the fine brushes to apply it that i got from CVS. No problem. It doesnt smear either! So it doesnt look like you have owl eye. It takes some patience to put in, and you only need a TINY bit for both eyes. Just the very tip of the brush is all you need. The price is a little deep but i agree with the previous users that a little goes a long way- well worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2008 8:18:00 PM More reviews by gurululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wish I had this on my wedding day as I stabbed my eye lid a thousand times trying to get a neat line across my lid with a shaky hand. This stuff glides on so easily and perfectly with the given Bobbi Brown recommended brush that I could do it while walking to my car. I'm amazed. It is jet black and stays all day and night. Not difficult at all to clean off in the shower either. I'm amazed and that doesn't happen often. Just Make sure that you have great mascara that is as rich in color or your lashes will pale in comparison to your lids!