April 19, 2014 | 1642 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by dodobat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner is freaking amazing. I just bought mine today and its a very nice intense black. I made a comparison with the stila smudge pots and this wins hands down. Its also slightly cheaper. The nice MA tried it on me today and it looked so pretty!! I bought it immediately with the brush. Would i buy it again? Most definitely would.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2008 2:02:00 PM More reviews by modestyblaise78

I love this product, and I am so glad that I bought it after reading all these reviews here.
It's absolutely perfect (apart from the price) and extremely easy to apply with an angled brush.
You can cry, sweat and dive with it without bad looking consequences.
It has an excellent staying power.
I would like to have this in all colors available, and would definitely repurchase.
I use it very often.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Sour

I love this eyeliner! I just canít live without it! Its totally HG material, I canít wait to try the other colors. Performance-wise, this product does not smudge or flake awayÖ EVER! And the color? Itís a true black that really lives up to its name.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2008 8:14:00 PM More reviews by maysflower21

Thank God for this product. I am one of those people who, without eyeliner looks like I've missed about 10 days of sleep. I agree with Gurululu's review 100%. I cannot stand re-applying every hour but with this product i dont have to! Believe me - it stays on and stays put. I actually use one of the fine brushes to apply it that i got from CVS. No problem. It doesnt smear either! So it doesnt look like you have owl eye. It takes some patience to put in, and you only need a TINY bit for both eyes. Just the very tip of the brush is all you need. The price is a little deep but i agree with the previous users that a little goes a long way- well worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2008 8:18:00 PM More reviews by gurululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wish I had this on my wedding day as I stabbed my eye lid a thousand times trying to get a neat line across my lid with a shaky hand. This stuff glides on so easily and perfectly with the given Bobbi Brown recommended brush that I could do it while walking to my car. I'm amazed. It is jet black and stays all day and night. Not difficult at all to clean off in the shower either. I'm amazed and that doesn't happen often. Just Make sure that you have great mascara that is as rich in color or your lashes will pale in comparison to your lids!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2008 10:36:00 PM More reviews by bibiancheng

it works similar to Mac fluidline but the color is thicker, easy to use, stay on really well for hours which i like, however, it caused irritation to my eyes several times, once it got into my eyelids, I will have to wear glasses for a week! too dangerous for me to use. And it's almost unwashable(you got to scratch really hard) if it gets on your contact lens. Also the price is high compare to other brands. never put it in your make up bag and leave your bag in the car baked by the hot sun, close the lid immediately after use.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2008 6:10:00 PM More reviews by tinylemming

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in black, green and navy (forget the exact names, but no shimmer in mine). This gel liner is OK. It lasts longer than MAC Fluidline on me (esp waterline) but not long overall. A couple of hours tops. It's painfully annoying when this smudges (anywhere, not just waterline), it makes me self-conscious and i keep looking into a mirror to wipe off smudges. But many seem to have luck with it, so it's worth a shot. I did notice that the green one lasts the longest on me (not my long though).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2008 4:10:00 PM More reviews by jbel80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this eyeliner years ago with the recommended Bobbi Brown angled eyeliner brush and it got all smushy and smeared all over my oily lids so after a while I threw it away. It looked horrible. Then I switched to Laura Mercier and they taught me how to dab liner into my lash line from below the lashes with the Laura Mercier flat eyeliner brush. Then I tried this same method with the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner with PERFECT RESULTS. So I realized that the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner is really a great product but I wasn't putting it on properly. Now I have precise lined eyes with no smudging (which is a huge problem with my oily Asian lids because the crease is so close to my eye) and lasts all day long. The gel consistency really lets you add quite a bit into your lash line to get the darkest solid black thin line. So if you use this eyeliner, don't use that stupid Bobbi Brown brush they suggest and you'll love this eyeliner. Now I can't live without it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by eastbaychick9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this stuff! I want to buy it in other colors because it works so well but i don't like wearing black eyeliner everyday. I used this on my wedding day and it was great--never smudged or flaked, stayed in place for a good 10 hours! Also, it's a lot easier to apply than liquid eyeliner, because it doesn't drip. You need a good, stiff flat eyeliner brush to apply it, and if you have curly lashes (like me), you have to angle the brush in so you don't just get a bunch of eyeliner on your lashes, but with a little practice you'll have beautifully lined lids!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2008 12:34:00 PM More reviews by milliestarz

EYES: Dark brown, almond-shaped.
HAIR: Black, straight, fine.

This gel eyeliner brings out the brown in your eyes, it goes on easy, and looks good all day. My only concern is that it smears onto my bottom lashes after 5 hours, maybe bc the skin around my eyes are oily.