September 20, 2014 | 976 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by KoKoJammie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pros:
Your face will be as smooth as a baby's you know what.
Bang for your buck

Cons:
A huge pain to mix, almost not worth it. There are other products out there that do the same thing without the hassle.

Getting the consistent right mixture requires a slight learning curve.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by hausofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Looks like I'm the only one that doesn't notice a remarkable difference. You get a lot of product for your money so that's good, but that's where the good stuff ends.

The biggest problem I have with the product is the consistency. When you mix it with water it becomes terrible. It just turns into giant lumps that's really difficult to spread on your face. If you manage to put them on your face then they'll fall off. So basically you end up putting water with a green tint on your face. I stirred and stirred for minutes but it never ended up being a nice pastey consistency like I've seen on youtube. Maybe it gets a better consistency when mixed when apple cider vinegar instead of water.

I will update this review when I've tried a couple more times and also replaced the water with apple cider vinegar

UPDATE: I was correct. When you use apple cider vinegar you get a much smoother consistency which is super easy to work it. Also the apple cider vinegar made my skin look and feel super smooth. Therefor I'm gonna give it another lippy and I will definitely buy this again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Sirenas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is a amazing it is 100% natural and it is specially good for people with oily skin and large pores. Clays have been used for centuries in beauty products because they include advantageous minerals that help get rid of toxins such as blackheads and zits and heal and nourish the skin. The mask itself comes in a powder-form that you mix with apple cider vinegar or water. When mix with ACV it takes a smoother texture than when mix with water, however I prefer water for its convenience and the results are still remarkable. For background info, I have combination skin that is extremely acne-prone. I use Tazorac which is one of the strongest acne medications prescribed which has saved my skin. However, I still get a zit or two specially in the summer when my skin tends to be more oily than combination. I use this mask only in the summer and in the winter only around my nose to tighten the pores. Everytime I use it, I literally see the difference, if I have a zit or two it seems to reduce the size and apperance, and by the next day it is dried up and gone. When on, the mask gets so tight you literally cannot move your face at all, and don't even think about smiling or talking. It feels like cement, and you actually feel your face pulsing! It gets so tight you feel your pores shrinking- this mask is no joke. But once washed off, your face will thank you, it feels amazingly smooth and tight and you will see a difference in your pores and any zits if present. And don't worry the redness will be gone in 20 minutes or so. I love this mask. It is one of my found treasures for the skin. Give it a try ;)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by GreenTea02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy this product. I use it on my entire face once a week and spot treat on pimples as needed. I use organic apple cider vinegar, 3-5 drops of lavender oil, and 1 tsp of organic manuka honey. I do not use braggs AC vinegar because it is too harsh for my dry skin. It does genuinely feel as if you face is pulsating. If you are sensitive to pain this may hurt, but I actually like it. It lets me know it is working. I sometimes vary the mixture with milk or tea tree oil depending on how dry or broken out my skin is. The only reason why I give it 4 stars is because it can not bring under-the-skin acne to the surface. After 3 months of solid use I can confidently say it helps maintain my clear skin. Make sure you moisturize after as it eliminates all oils on the skin.

For reference, I have sensitive, dry skin with occasional acne (4-6 pimples) on my jawline.
I would buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by paf0009

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this mask as a replacement for evanhealy's Green Tea Clay mask and it failed. First of all, the packaging is not very convenient, but most powdered masks are packaged in jars, except this big, bulky, plastic jar is not easy on the eyes like others. Second and most important, this clay is just a nightmare to prepare. I took about a teaspoon in the palm of my hand and added an equal amount of water to it. As I mixed, I noticed it began to clump up and ball into small dry clay bits so I added more water and it just became more and more clumpy but water-y. It was a mess and impossible to apply to my face. So I removed it with tissue and threw in the trashcan, as I read a reviewer mention it can clog pipes.
After using EH's Green Tea mask this not only pales in comparison, but fails to an ultimate low. I've never tried a powdered mask like this one. It was rather strange when it clumped up and became hard to dissolve for a creamy paste application.
So I would not recommend this mask.

Update: I've changed my rating for this mask because I now use it only with Apple Cider Vinegar and it works fantastic. I think the label states you can use it with water, but I do not think that's optimal as it clumps and does not spread easily. The ACV gives it a bit of an expanding, foamy action and the clay becomes easier to apply on face. Of course, like any clay, this can be a bit drying therefore, it is important to moisturize afterwards. I will use it more often when temps are higher, in the colder months I use Now Foods Moroccan clay. The big container makes this a very good value.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Glamouraddict019

I LOVE THIS STUFF! It is so versatile and can be used in so many ways it is ridiculous. I mix it with apply cider vinegar to make a face mask. I also add it to a face mask I got from Lush to make it a consistency I like and really draw out the impurities. The mask from lush was a bit a weird texture and would like fall off my face when it dried. I mixed this stuff with some apple cidar vinegar and the mask was PERFECT! I also use this stuff to make my own version of a clarifying mud wash. Mix with some apple cidar vinegar, half aloe vera juice, essential oils, and a heavy oil like evoo and VIOLA! I cannot say how much I love this stuff. I will always keep it in my stash.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by MissBronx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh wow!!!! This is a magical mask!! I have been using it for almost 2 weeks now but I can see dramatic result on my skin. Recently, I have quite a lot of pimples that hiding underneath my skin. And I have been tried to use ACV which is works well for my skin but sometimes I cant stand the smell.
They dont sell this mask in Australia, so I have to order it from Vitacost and it took up to 2wks to deliver to my place. As soon as I received it, I cant wait to try it on because I want to get this magical feeling using this mask. I mixed one table spoon of Aztec clay mask with one table spoon of ACV. For the first two days I used it as a mask then my skin get very dry, over abused my skin lol. Then now I just use it as spot treatment in my problematic areas, it works wonder, pimples got dried up and smaller over night.
I will keep using this Aztec as mask or spot treatment for a long long time, so happy finally I found my life saver :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by coola111

This stuff is no joke! It's like a huge vaccum sucking on your face! It feels like all the gunk is being pulled out, but one problem I have with this is that my face feels really hot and looks like I got a bad sunburn for the next hour. I don't really notice anything special with my skin after the redness disappears. I still have a so much of this stuff left after a year, so I probably won't purchase I'm done with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by exp100

This product is great! I have used it twice now and it hasn't let me down. However, it always scares me when I mix the powder with apple cider vinegar because it bubbles so much. I always think to myself "omg should I really be putting this on my face?" Once the product is on your face it starts to have a slight pulsing experience; it has never been intolerable. It is also a lot stronger than most masks because when it starts to dry you can barely move your face. Afterwards your face can be red so I would suggest applying this at night. The after effects are great though! My face feels so soft and smooth and my skin feels and looks more alive. The best part about this product is that you get such a big jar for so cheap! Lastly, I would recommend only using organic apple cider vinegar such as Bragg's apple cider vinegar because other brands can be processed and have chemicals in it that could harm your skin. One more thing! You can also put it on bug bites it works wonders!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 8:15:00 AM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

But why did I forgot about this??? This mask is amazing...It cleanses the pores, they appear smaller, and the skin is smooth and glowing. It cost me 11$CA with shipping from the US, for a 2 lbs jar!!!
This only thing I don't like is the mixing part. I like the fact that it's powder, because it doesn't loose its efficiency overtime, but it requires some "cooking".
But hey, it's definitely worth it.
For combo/oily/acne-prone skins, it's amazing....I would recommend twice a week.