October 22, 2014 | 1934 users online

Masks - Oatmeal Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2008 2:21:00 AM More reviews by akanezora

i love oatmeal+milk mask because it sooth and softens my oily, sensitive, acne-prone and ruddy skin (the more the merrier ay? 8D)

anyway, i couldn't be bothered to use it often because i can't stand the mess, and cleaning it is a chore. then i had this genius idea:
i line a small bowl with gauze (the kind you get in a medical kit), pour oatmeal and milk (+ honey if i have some) into it and nuke it. and then i just twist the gauze and squeeeze the liquid onto my face, because really, that's pretty much what you need from the mask really. then you can just throw away the residue and wash the gauze for further use. voila, all the goodness with none of the mess.

you can do this trick for baths too, just put oatmeal+milk powder in a gauze, twist/tie it off and dunk it into the bath.

happy oating~

15 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2008 6:30:00 PM More reviews by smallpup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes, oatmeal is my HG. I was so sick of trying to control my sensitive/pink skin that I starting searching "rosacea" in google. I went to ivillage.com, where there was a thread on rosacea/sensitive skin. Someone there recommended mixing Gerber baby oatmeal with a dab of aloe vera, warm water, and a dab of vitamin E (I didn't use the vitamin E, but will try it soon.) I used this as a mild cleanser, not a mask, twice a day. AMAZING!!!! I can't thank ivillage enough. I was so pleased with the results that I actually didn't feel the need to cover my skin with color-correcting cosmetics for the first time in - well, I don't know how long. I also read that oatmeal is a natural exfoliator (?) It did smooth out the fine line on my forehead, too. ***LOVE!!!!***

34 out of 37 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2008 12:23:00 PM More reviews by biancagrowl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's fantastic. I can't really comment on how well it makes my skin smooth because I've been using aspirin masks and other home remedies that have helped with that, but it significantly reduced the redness in my cheeks!! I couldn't be happier.

I mixed a little bit of hot water and a bit of oatmeal, blended it, and put it on my face for 20 minutes. Then washed off with warm water. I got some in my hair but NO problem because the results are great! Will use again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2008 8:02:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oatmeal.... soothing... to eat and to use as a natural H&B product. I remember having a terrible sunburn as a kid ... my mother drawing a super hot bath... throwing in a cup of oatmeal and letting it steep for 15 mins...when it was cool enough I sink into the tub.... It was so soothing.

As a teenager... my mother taught me to mix up a concoction of oatmeal, honey and milk powder to use on my face. Apply it... and scrub it off after 15 mins. Soft glowing skin. Good stuff and natural.. gentle and again soothing.

As one of the best additives when I make soap... it's a great exfoliater.

Keep a shaker of pulverized oat meal in the shower ... shake into the palm of your soapy hand and shower away. Exfoliates and rejuevnates your skin. Good stuff cheap is the best!

26 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2008 2:34:00 AM More reviews by cuddleninja

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this two times today! The first time i mixed it with some milk and honey. It left me a little red because i over-scrubbed my face. The second time i mixed with a small amount of green tea. I love how both mixtures made my skin soft and made my pores less clogged. I didnt see much difference in my acne but im happy enough with the results. Oatmeal is really versatile, you can mix it with almost anything although it can get quite messy. I advise you use it over a sink or during a bath.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2008 1:32:00 AM More reviews by monvai

I just tried using this mask half an hour ago. I used those rolled oats, mixed it with warm milk to make it a paste and a spoonful of honey and then blended it to make it smooth (otherwise these rolled oats drop off your face).

The results is soft glowing, healthy looking skin at a very good value for money. Will continue using this mask. Thanks for the recommendations. *cant stop touching my skin :) )

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2008 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Bassclef

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have some oatmeal sitting on my face as I type. I've done this several times and the results are lovely! A bit messy, but all you have to do is make a paste out of oatmeal and hot water, slap it on, and let it sit for a bit. Feels great. Cheap as heck. Right up there with aspirin scrub under home remedies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2008 9:21:00 PM More reviews by oasdus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I made a mask and bath product tonight with oatmeal (which I food processed to be finer), brown sugar, milk powder (processed those too) and then added enough honey to wet to the right consistency I wanted for a mask. I sat in the bath and applied this to my face. Some of it fell off into the bath water, but that was just fine. I packed it on my face and used some to massage my damp body skin. Then, dumped the remaining into the bathwater, along with some oils and salt. Then I sat back for a bit. I massaged the mask into my skin gently. I could not help but lick some of it off, it was sooo good. Then finally, I rinsed it all off. My face and body were so soft and smooth. My facial skin looked calm, smoother, and less redness. There is definitely something to using these "old-fashioned" natural ingredients (although I love science's chemicals too, when they are beneficial :). I am going to experiment more with using alone or in combination: milk powder, honey, oatmeal, brown sugar, salt, olive oil, and maybe certain herbs n spices for facial masks and bath.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2007 2:36:00 AM More reviews by pinkystarfish

I do the same thing as monique83 does but i add some egg yolk to it. Leaves my sking very soft and helped heal some acne for me. My mother has been using it for years. It works!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2006 3:12:00 PM More reviews by jareed

very cheap and effective method to fix oily skin. I like that its always available and organic for my skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No