December 28, 2014 | 1488 users online

Masks - Oatmeal Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2009 2:44:00 PM More reviews by stellarvenus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love oatmeal masks! I grind up Quaker Old Fashioned Oats in a spice grinder and add a bit of honey and water to form a paste. Spread it on and leave it for 10-15 minutes. My skin was so super soft and this morning it's even better.
I'm adding this to my regimen at least once a week.
Hooray for inexpensive skin care!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by SONNYA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My mom got this recipe from a friend that said this mask help her even out some dark spots she had on her skin, is a mix of half a cup oatmeal, about 3-4 tablespoons of honey & 1 whole orange juice. You blend all the ingridients together until you have a liquid but pasty consistency you can store in a jar with a lid and it should last you about a month you just apply it to you face avoiding eyelids and lips as with any other face mask and just leave it on for at least 15 min. then wash it off with warm water (it's easier to remove using warm water) it should leave your skin feeling soft and radiant I have dry\sensitive skin and I love using it speacially during winter time it also exfoliates your skin because of the oameal grains the paste has, so when you are rising it off do it using a circular motion, you will love the results.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2008 4:04:00 AM More reviews by dorkiexcici

thank you mua~and big thanks to those who gave reviews for oatmeal. i used this tonight, and i loved it because there's no stinging no drynes (btw i have combo skin, sensitive, and chemically ruined from use of glycolic acid and aspirin and benzoyl peroxide) so i needed something natural for my skin. also a good mask that will do a good job without any chemicals. i followed the reviews. and i used a drop a honey, milk, and grind up oatmeal ( i used quaker oat old fashioned style) ingredient is 100% rolled oats. i let it stay for more than 15 minutes and scrubbed it away in the shower. i will continue using this. =)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2008 1:55:00 AM More reviews by mg84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried combining oats with other ingredients to make a face mask a long while ago, but I never really made it a routine..although, I think I would like to start doing it more often now. For the last two nights, I have made a mask with oats, and i'm enjoying it a lot. I take a few oats (i grind them in a blender beforehand) and i mix them with either warm milk or water to make a paste. I apply this to my skin right after cleansing, and I leave it on for maybe 10 to 15 minutes; I then rinse it off with warm water. I use my usual moisturizer afterwards, and my skin feels pretty calm. I would like to try mixing the oats with other ingredients too, like plain yogurt or maybe small amounts of honey or olive oil. But for now water + oats works nicely, and i also love the mild sweet scent that the oats naturally contain. : ) I will update if anything changes!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2008 4:10:00 AM More reviews by NewYorRican21

Great mask for oily or normal skin. Now that I think about it it's probably great for dry skin too since Aveeno is. Anyway I've been using this for years. Just use raw oats, add a little honey, and you can stop there but if you'd like adding a little yogurt or fruit juice will just increase the facial experience.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2008 4:54:00 AM More reviews by scarletraine

I like using this as a mask, but I am having trouble with consistency. Does anyone have any recommendations? Does the oatmeal have to be cooked to get the benefits? Right now I am using honey, water, an egg white and cooked oatmeal, but I am having trouble getting it to stay on. Any recommendations?

I usually follow with a touch of coconut oil on my face. So, so soft.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2008 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Frenchmix

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been using pure oatmeal and water or oatmeal, water and honey face masks for years. Just use equal water and oatmeal, let sit till it's soft and mushy, apply for hour or so. Makes your skin feel so soft like others have said. Great stuff. I do them twice a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2008 2:21:00 AM More reviews by akanezora

i love oatmeal+milk mask because it sooth and softens my oily, sensitive, acne-prone and ruddy skin (the more the merrier ay? 8D)

anyway, i couldn't be bothered to use it often because i can't stand the mess, and cleaning it is a chore. then i had this genius idea:
i line a small bowl with gauze (the kind you get in a medical kit), pour oatmeal and milk (+ honey if i have some) into it and nuke it. and then i just twist the gauze and squeeeze the liquid onto my face, because really, that's pretty much what you need from the mask really. then you can just throw away the residue and wash the gauze for further use. voila, all the goodness with none of the mess.

you can do this trick for baths too, just put oatmeal+milk powder in a gauze, twist/tie it off and dunk it into the bath.

happy oating~

15 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2008 6:30:00 PM More reviews by smallpup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes, oatmeal is my HG. I was so sick of trying to control my sensitive/pink skin that I starting searching "rosacea" in google. I went to ivillage.com, where there was a thread on rosacea/sensitive skin. Someone there recommended mixing Gerber baby oatmeal with a dab of aloe vera, warm water, and a dab of vitamin E (I didn't use the vitamin E, but will try it soon.) I used this as a mild cleanser, not a mask, twice a day. AMAZING!!!! I can't thank ivillage enough. I was so pleased with the results that I actually didn't feel the need to cover my skin with color-correcting cosmetics for the first time in - well, I don't know how long. I also read that oatmeal is a natural exfoliator (?) It did smooth out the fine line on my forehead, too. ***LOVE!!!!***

34 out of 37 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2008 12:23:00 PM More reviews by biancagrowl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's fantastic. I can't really comment on how well it makes my skin smooth because I've been using aspirin masks and other home remedies that have helped with that, but it significantly reduced the redness in my cheeks!! I couldn't be happier.

I mixed a little bit of hot water and a bit of oatmeal, blended it, and put it on my face for 20 minutes. Then washed off with warm water. I got some in my hair but NO problem because the results are great! Will use again!