Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 6/12/2014 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

This stuff is definatley amazing! After hearing all the hype around this product, i decided to try it out myself, and i love it. Its gentle but yet it makes your face feel so nice and clean and it removes all your makeup (waterproof mascara not so much) I have very oily skin and this wash really cleans my face... so if you have sensitive skin or any skin type at all, you should try it out! :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love how this makes my face feel, but my face doesn't like it. It doesn't dry my face like other products, but it makes me break out. I got three nasty zits and tons of other spots. The top of the pump also broke.

on 6/8/2014 11:57:00 PM

Very gentle on the skin. I have very sensitive skin and this does not irritate it. It is nothing mind blowing but is a nice, basic, gentle everyday cleanser. Doesn't have a fragrence or colors.

on 6/3/2014 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This product wasn't harsh at all. Very soft on the skin. Too soft. I feel it isn't cleansing my face and I continue to get acne. I think it works for people who get the odd pimple and can help to remove make up. It's also odourless and very gentle it just didn't do much for me. Didn't help my acne prone skin and if you use too much It will go as far as breaking you out. One pump is too much. Didn't like this product .

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive and combination skin. This product has been recommended a lot so I gave it a try. Bad idea. I broke out in pimples and blemishes using this. The consistency is very thick (which I don't like) and feels like there's a film over my face. It doesn't sink into my face.

on 5/31/2014 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Cetaphil is a yes and no cleanser. Theres no doubt that it works completely well for some people, but personally not for me. i am 14 and going through teen acne. i recenetly just switched cleansers (clean&clear- Cetaphil gental skin cleanser) and every plimple that ive ever had popped up. i completely broke out and it was terrible. i undertand that sometimes your skin may get a little shocked after swtiching cleansers, but for me, its just not worth the 2 weeks of "purging" or break out just for switching products. idk, if your skin is fairly adjustable and good with many products, then cetaphil will probably be good for you because its extremely gental.

hope this helps about a bit (coming from a very stressed teen girl who HATES ACNE!!:'(

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This totally dried out my skin... I know it works well for a lot of people but it eft my skin feeling very tight and dry.

on 5/26/2014 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I recently had to downsize price wise for items, and went back to Cetaphil for my cleanser. My face hasn't broken out because of this (i think its the other stuff that i have tried) and much more accessible if you're on a budget.

on 5/25/2014 7:10:00 PM

This face wash has me torn. It took me a while to decide whether i should click yes or no for rebuying.

PROS:
- balances my combination skin beautifully
- has no scent
- nice thin, smooth consistency
- doesn't foam/bubble which makes me feel like it doesn't strip my skin of it's natural oils
- makes my skin smooth
- packaging: I prefer a pump to a squeeze bottle

CONS:
- price. It was around $18 for a big bottle, but I had to use 2-3 pumps each time as it didn't foam, which made it last not as long
- not good at removing makeup because it doesn't foam

I bought this a couple times and loved what it did to my skin but I don't think I will buy it again because of the price. I went through a big bottle in only a few weeks.

on 5/24/2014 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried this cleanser based on great reviews, and it definitely is gentle and non-drying. Great packaging, with convenient pump. However, I've been starting to use more natural products lately, and I stopped using this once I paid more attention to some of the awful ingredients. Sodium Laureth Sulfate? Not sure how they got around this, but it's known to be a skin irritant. Also, three different parabens?? Associated with breast cancer. Nothing beneficial about these ingredients at all (besides water!)