Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 3/9/2014 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Read so many great things about this product so had high hopes for my temperamental skin. But although the product is indeed reasonably priced and gentle, it just didn't clean my face - AT ALL.
Into the bin it goes...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I normally have very oily skin (especially in the T zone) but this Colorado winter has been rough and I found my skin (again, especially around my nose and other areas I usually get oil) becoming very dry and flaky. I tried so many moisturizers, exfoliating scrubs, homemade face masks, NOTHING helped. I stopped using my usual cleansers, many of which contain salicylic acid up the yin yang and picked up a travel sized bottle of the Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser. I've been using it for about a week and so far I'm in love! When I use this in conjunction with the St. Ives apricot scrub my face feels baby soft and I feel that this cleanser does a good job at gently removing makeup and leaving my skin clean. My only worry is that this won't help much with my acne prone skin. So far I haven't noticed as many breakouts as I might normally get but I think it's too soon to tell if this will help with my acne or not. I'd definitely recommend it for anyone who has sensitive skin!

on 3/4/2014 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

My skin is annoyingly sensitive and allergy-prone. I've had reactions even to products that claim to be for sensitive skin (l Neutrogenia Ultra Gentle Cleanser made my face feel like it was on fire). I've been using Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser with Cotton Extract for a while now. I love this cleanser. But it costs $9.99 for 5 oz. So I've been looking for a facial cleanser for around the same price, but just as gentle. I work as a cashier. A customer came through my line today who was purchasing this cleanser. I told her that I thought I should try it. She told me her peditrician recommended it for her baby. She said its very gentle and non-irritating. I picked up a trial size and gave it a try tonight. I removed my makeup before getting in the shower. I really like this cleanser. It didn't irritate my skin at all. It also left my face feeling clean, but not tight like a lot of facial cleansers do. As soon as I run out of my current tube of the Burt's Bees cleanser, I think I'm going to purchase a store brand of this one. You get a lot more product for about $3 less. I would recommend this cleanser to anyone with sensitive or allergy-prone skin.

EDIT: The longer I use this cleanser, the more I like it. It doesn't irritate my face at all. It definitely makes my face feel cleaner than the Burt's Bees. As an added bonus, I've also noticed that it has started to clear up the very stubborn whiteheads on my forehead. I've found my new favorite facial cleanser

on 3/1/2014 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is my go to cleanser. I had a very bad acne problem a couple of years ago and spent hundreds of dollars trying to fix it. It eventually went away by itself. However, I used Proactive, Neutrogena, Clean & Clear… Anything you could think of. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser was what cleared up my skin the best for me. It amazes me because it does not even have any acne fighting ingredients within it. It makes my face feel incredibly fresh and clean after a wash. I can also tell it takes a lot of make up off because I usually take 90% of my make up off with Neutrogena wipes and then wash my face with the cleanser. While washing my face I can tell a noticeable amount of make up also washing off. I love love love this product and recommend it to everyone because it literally works for any skin type!

on 2/26/2014 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Holy grail of my skin care routine! I have very sensitive skin and struggled to find a cleanser that didn't irritate my skin and still removed my makeup. Cetaphil has never made my skin break out in the 2-3 years I have been using it. My dermatologist recommended using cetaphil and I haven't looked back once! No matter what season, this cleanser always does the job. Now I use it in conjunction with my clarisonic Mia and my skin has never been better!

on 2/23/2014 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Cetaphil gentle cleanser is good is basic face cleanser with no fancy ingredients
I like it is fragrance free and gentle the Only downside it doesnt remove my makeup
and it but for price is good the big bottle last ages my skin super sensitive this stuff
rocks it doesnt Burn or irritated my skin is great is makes my skin feel and look smooth
I will repurchase After I finish this bottle.

on 2/23/2014 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

It is a pretty good price for an amazing product. Cetaphil is one of the best cleansers I know out there. It cleans your face really well, although you have to remove your makeup separately. People say it is not gentle, but it really gets all of the dirt out of your pores, and opens them up. After I put on Cetaphil, I always use my Clarisonic and I feel that it cleans my face really well. I highly suggest this product!

on 2/23/2014 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is, and will forever be, part of my default skincare routine. I have oily skin that is prone to some breakouts, but I feel that this cleanser keeps a sort of balance. It cleanses the oils from my face, but also doesn't strip the moisture off of it.
I think this is ideal for my oily skin, but I do have a friend that has dry skin and didn't like the results she got from Cetaphil. So I assume that people with dry skin may have to dry another cleanser.

on 2/21/2014 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I love this cleanser, it is really good for those who just want a non-drying cleanser that leaves your skin feeling clean and moisturised without a whole lot of ingredients that could cause a reaction. Admittedly it is not good for those who wear a lot of make up and thick layers of sunscreen as you will need another cleanser beforehand. However, I do not wear make up everyday, so using this morning and night works for me and doesn't leave me with that tight overly-cleansed skin feeling. My skin feels soft and clean. This is all I ask for a cleanser, as I sort out other issues via treatments, facials and exfoliation. Because its creamy and runny it does run out quickly though!

on 2/21/2014 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Great for sensitive skin. I can't use products with salycilic acid (horrible rash) so I need a gentle product like this that won't burn my face. I used to use Johnson & Johnson Purpose, but it was too drying and left my face feeling tight.

I had a period of terrible breakouts last year where no product was able to help, including this one. Then I found out I was washing my face too often. I now only wash my face at night to remove makeup and in the morning I just rinse with water. I haven't had a breakout in 6 months.

I do use this product to remove eye makeup. The trick is to apply dry and then wipe off with a cotton pad/ball. Then wash your face with water as normal. Do not wet your face before removing any eye makeup or the mascara will just smear around your face and will not come off.