Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This product has completely changed my view on skin care. I was used to using cleansers that dried my skin out, but I thought it was just that "clean" feeling. I now realize it was just dry, tight skin. When I first started using this product, I did not like it. After a few weeks of using it, I loved it! Ever since I've started using this product, I rarely have break outs or pimples. I do have pretty good skin to begin with, but did see the occasional pimple and break out. This leaves my skin feeling soft, supple, and moisturized. It doesn't leave u with that dry, tight feeling. I first wet my face and hands and then pump 2-3 squirts of cleanser in my hand. I then massage the cleanser into my skin and rinse off. I always let my skin air dry. This product is very gentle, yet effective. It is the only thing that will completely take off my mascara and fake lashes. I will never go to another facial cleanser!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This just was not a good match for my skin.
I tried both the regular and the one for oily skin.
Neither worked.
My skin hated these cleansers. I broke out like crazy and my skin produced more oil.
They did not clean very well at all!
As a matter of fact I have better cleaning results from lotion and a tissue.

The good news... if this does work for your skin then a bottle will last forever!
It seemed like I would never be done with it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

It is a popular cleanser recommended by doctors, but this stuff burns my skin!
I use alpha keri cream cleanser now.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this cleanser! I have extremely sensitive acne prone skin but this does not irritate it at all. I had no blemishes for 6 months straight, went away for the weekend without it and came back with a face full of pimples! Only downside is the packaging, should be available in a tube for travelling.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

My skin isn't very sensitive to cleansers, yet if I leave this in for more than a second or two, it starts to burn. Very odd.

Pretty good as a morning or post-workout cleanser, when you're not wearing makeup but need a bit more than water. It is fairly gentle--I have extremely sensitive, clog-prone skin and I haven't suffered any irritation from this in the 20-odd years I've used this, off and on.

I've noticed this does seem to work best on dry skin. I'm not a wipe-off kind of girl, but rinsing seems to work fine. It does leave behind a film so your skin doesn't feel crispy afterwards, but I haven't had clogging issues from this except when I tried to wash off make up with it. As others have noted, it is not a make-up remover. I usually massage this into a dry face (and sometimes neck and chest) before I get in the shower. Bottom line, it's something I always seem to have around, but I wouldn't cry if it were discontinued.

I have been using Cetaphil and Cetaphil only for 20 years. It is gentle on the skin and does not leave a film. Your skin just feels clean. Like it is supposed to. I also mix this with baking soda once a week for a cheap scrub. Would never be without this product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This used to be my go to cleanser! It didn't break me out or make me oily, but it did make my skin feel a little dry sometimes but I overlooked it since I got more benefits out of it. However, I read an article about how bad this cleanser really is for your skin since it is made up of all parabens--currently looking for a new everyday cleanser that is paraben free.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've got pretty severe acne so the big benefit to this product is that it doesn't irritate my skin. It doesn't remove makeup well though, so I end up washing my face 2-3 times and still feel like I've still got makeup on.

I have been using this since the 1970s! My dermo recommended this as a moisturizer for my eczema that wouldn't exacerbate acne or irritate my super sensitive skin. (I outgrew my eczema but have had a lifelong struggle with acne and reactive, allergenic skin. So unfair to have zits at 50 esp when insurance refuses to cover retinoids but will pay for Solodyn and other antibiotics. Rant over. Cetaphil will not remove your makeup. It is a basic, no frills, cleanser I have used on infants and as a sponge bath aid for in-home hospice care (sorry for that downer) and ages in between. I apply to dry skin, add water and massage gently. It rinsed cleanly or you can take it off with a damp washcloth or tissue. I rarely use the cleanser as a moisturizer now that they have other products but I should experiment. It now comes in the huge 2-pack at Costco. I constantly try new products, but come back to trusty Cetaphil.

Video Reviews & Tutorials