April 24, 2014 | 978 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by CollegeKid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I was 12-14, my dermatologist recommended me to use this along wit their huge jar of moisturizer didn't do much for my skin. It felt like it didn't cleanse me as other washes. I still felt like my skin was dirty but maybe it was good for me. But after I finished the wash I never bought it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by itsholly20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i heard so many great reviews about this so i figured i had to give it a shot. i have dry skin that is acne prone. my skin was perfectly clear using my neutrogena clear pore cleanser/mask, but it was extremely dry. i switched to cetaphil to restore some moisture. i couldn't believe this stuff got such great reviews. it broke me out so bad. i had worse acne than i ever had in high school. if you are acne prone, you will have to use some treatments afterwards other than just washing your face, but for me ill just stick to my one step miracle product (neutrogena clear pore) and coconut oil for intense moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't see why anyone would dislike this stuff. Prior to buying this I used pricey cleansers by Emma Hardie, Ren etc costing up to 4x as much, and yet I like this best by far. After removing my eye makeup, I do a cleanse with this, removing with water, and then a second cleanse if I'm removing my makeup. It takes all my foundation, blush etc off no problem with two washes. In the morning I just do one cleanse with this. It's a gel, non lathering, and it doesn't smell, doesn't irritate, doesn't dry or add oil,nothing. It just does what it says it will. And aftrr all, isn't that what we all want from a cleanser? Since I've been using this alongside the acne.org treatment, my skin is calmer and clearer than ever before, and this is after a 20 YEAR BATTLE WITH ACNE. So trust me when I say this stuff is a good purchase. If you wish to read more about how I clearer up my skin then see my acne.org treatment review.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2013 7:54:00 AM More reviews by KarmaEls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a lazy person who never want to use a makeup remover before a cleanser unless I'm wearing a waterproof one, so I usually prefer 2 in 1 products. This doesn't do anything with makeup, it's too gentle which make me feel not so clean after I use it.
But let me tell you, if you have a acne skin like I was, this will definitely recommended by you doctor, no matter who is it. It doesn't make your face beak-out or oily. And it actually really good at this point. If you already using makeup remover before clean, you can still use this.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2013 3:57:00 AM More reviews by CaraDeedee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The thing with this product is that I feel like it doesn't get my face clean. I use cleanser to remove my face makeup, and it didn't do that at all. So I tried using it on days that I wore no face makeup and I just feel like it didn't give me a deep enough clean, a common complaint with this product. I do like the smell and you do get a lot of it for cheap, like a half a gallon for a couple bucks lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 6:36:00 AM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

I've been using this for years. I don't even remember how long but it's been MANY years along with my clarisonic. Derm recommended it to me and it's the only thing other than Purity by Philosophy that doesn't break me out or dry me out. I use this on days when I don't wear makeup. I use Purity when I do use make up. I have to use the Gentle formula the normal one is too drying. It's my HG along with my Cervae PM moisturizer it has made a dramatic difference.

Also for acne sufferers I suggest using regular Oatmeal to wash your face. I do it in the mornings. http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/itemid=73957

And Manuka honey mask once in awhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by dbc202

My doctor recommended this product to me. At first I didn't see a difference and then when I went back she litterly yelled at me because I stopped using cetaphil so then I started to use it once again and wow it actually does help! My acne has improved and everyone thinks so they're all like "Your skins clearing up" Your skins better" "How is your skin so clear now what do you use" And I honestly think its worth a try. Dermatologists and doctors recommend it and so do I. I still do get blemishes but it's a cleanser so it obviously won't remove all of my acne but I have seen big differences. I overall give this product a 5/5!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by AJ3141

I'm writing this review as a reminder to myself. Don't buy this because:

-it doesn't clean your face well enough
-it gives you clogged pores

Yes, it's cheap for how much you get and it's enticing by how many people have had success with it, but it's not for you so quit buying it

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by mongolhoney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Not a great product for people who are obsessive about having clean face. I understand many people actually love this product, but I just hated the feeling of not having clean face after using this.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Unicorny101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading some really good reviews about this product and I needed something to fix my acne problem (occasional breakouts, white heads, and sub surface bumps). To my disappointment it actually gave me more white heads (and still does) and the texture of this is like watered down lotion... It's weird and doesn't lather. I wouldn't recommend this as a makeup remover, and I definitely won't buy this again. It doesn't strip away your natural skin moisture or irritate your skin ill give you that, but the ingredients. The back of the label says its just cetaphil alcohol, water, and some common lip balm bases...nothing NOURISHING or benefitting for your skin. How in the world people can't live without this (in my opinion) scam product? I have no idea