April 21, 2014 | 1037 users online

Mascara - Mary Kay - Ultimate Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2006 4:48:00 PM More reviews by beaglebaileysmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh no, I'm going to be the nay-sayer again. This is just an ordinary mascara. Maybe you set my expectations too high? It's fine but not outstanding--doesn't give the racoon look, which is my main criterium for mascara. But it does clump a little and flake a little, and there are plenty of equally good mascaras for a third of the price. Such as: Rimmel Extra Super Lash, Neutrogena Weightless Volume, Maybelline Full and Soft. The one thing this has over those is no animal testing. That might be enough to make me buy it again someday, but first I'm going to see if Revlon has anything. EDIT: My new suspicion is that those 5-lippy reviews are coming from people who tried the samples. I tried a full-size tube. Could this be another product where the sample is great to hook you in, but then they cut corners on the full size? EDIT AGAIN: Revlon definitely had something! I wholeheartedly endorse Fabulash! If you try it, make sure not to get the waterproof variety--I hear it is not as good. See my Fabulash review for more details.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2005 8:06:00 PM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Just bought this today,and I highly reccomend it. MK is pretty underrated,imho,I think the over zealousness of the consultants turn people off.A shame,because the product line is well made and reasonably priced. This does not clump at all-even appltying numerous coats and over a primer.My lashes looked full and long, very bat worthy.Packaging is a sleek silver case,very elegant.I'm so glad they did away with the kitschy pink.MK herself wasn't even a fan of pink;it was some type of marketing tool.Anyway,I digress.Yes,it's a bit more $ than the others,but mascaras at the drugstore are getting up there!(See L'Oreal and their $13 so-not-worth-it mascara).Also,there is a money back guarantee so if you're not enamored with it you won't be stuck.This also wears well but comes off fairly easy.I agree with the previous poster-thank goodness they expanded the shade selection!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2005 9:52:00 AM More reviews by SusieQ40

I have been using this now for about a week and was trying hard to find something not to like about it! But it really is like the perfect mascara. The price is $15, so even though it is pricey, it still costs much less than the Lancome mascaras. The packaging is also very sleek and modern. What I love about this is that just one coat finds all the tiny lashes and makes all of my lashes look long and lush. It feels soft, not hard and stiff. It does not flake. I do not even need to curl my lashes with this mascara. I love that Mary Kay has this in Black/Brown and Black because Black/Brown is perfect for me, they used to just have Black or Brown. Last night when taking off my makeup before bed I thought it was a shame to have to take it off because it still looked just like when I put it on in the morning. Highly recommend this mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2005 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Jen423

I am a MK rep and was TOTALLY skeptical about this product. I decided to give it a fair shot and OMG!!! I cannot believe my lashes!!! I also cannot believe I am writing a review about mascara... ha ha... who would have thought? This stuff is super black and coats evenly, no clumping, lengthens lashes and is just amazing. Worth every cent. My lashes are pretty nice to start with (yes, I'm lucky) and this mascara made them look "wow". I am looking forward to using the Ultimate mascara for years to come! Best MK product to come out in a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2005 7:27:00 PM More reviews by angelbaby111

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I read one of the comments here and I had to laugh. Someone wrote that "its rediculous how well this product works". Funny, because I said the exact SAME THING! If you want lashes, long, non-clumpy lashes, without flaking, you must get this mascara! I don't know how, or why, but this is the absolute hands down best mascara I have ever, ever used! Period. I don't have long lashes, and even curling them doesn't do the trick. But one sweep of this stuff and WOW! Let's put it this way, my husband noticed...do I have so say anything else!!??

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2005 12:43:00 PM More reviews by angelaamith

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I also have just received a sample of this mascara and it is GREAT! The brush is probably the best part. It separates each lash and adds great length and volume. I will definitely be buying a full size tube of this one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2005 5:31:00 PM More reviews by coscouns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow!! I usually wear waterproof mascara, because any non-waterproof I have ever worn has flaked and worn off by the end of the day with my oily eyelids and contacts. This mascara wore all day, and it thickened my puny lashes more than any I've ever tried. I can't wait to order a full size tube; I am using a sample tube. Try it, ask your MK person for a sample tube. I don't think you will be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2005 5:58:00 PM More reviews by WhisperInAutumn

I'm flat out blown away. It's ridiculous how well this works. Let me say, I have never, ever been a particular fan of MK, but here recently, I'm falling in love. I don't even think this product is listed online yet,a rep in my neighborhood told me about how awesome it was and that she'd give it to me 1/2 off, because she was having a after-thanksgiving sale. And let me tell you, I was floored. For the first time in my entire life was I thoroughly saticfied with a mascaras performance. Thick, lush, and long flirty lashes. Absolutely outrageous. Not a clump! So smooth and rich. I was thinking about experimenting with false lashes, but now I don't even need them. It's like a sexy little bra you wear on an important day, it makes you feel just as sultry. The best part is, (for all the drama queens) it layers so well. The packaging is a smooth, curvy silver tube. And I think it runs around $15, which might come as a shocker for MK mascara, but it's absolutely worth it. I honestly feel that it delivers on a whole other level than many department store mascaras. Scratch that. Than ALL department store mascaras. I was a faithful user of Lancome's hypnose, but not anymore. Much better than any Elizebeth Arden mascara. Just find a rep and try it. The greatest thing about MK? You have nothing to lose. If you don't like it, let your rep know and you can exchange it for something else or simply return it for your money back. No work on your part. It really is the Ultimate. <3