October 24, 2014 | 2005 users online

Moisturizers - Sweet Almond Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2007 11:08:00 PM More reviews by creepygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried every expensive moisturizer in the world (Lancome, La Mer, Khiels, Murad) on my extremely dry skin. And I can say this by far has worked the best! I'm usually a bit snob when it comes to beauty products, so I was reluctant to try something so basic. But, it works so well! It has completly changed my skin from a dry desert to smooth, soft and mosturized. It takes a little while for it to sink in so I'm a little greasy while it does, but the results are sooo worth it. Who knew that something so basic could yield such good results.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2006 4:52:00 PM More reviews by bluebyblos

Sweet almond oil is a life saver; specially for the body!Specially if you have strech marks. My strech marks are way too smaller now.
I advise it for the pregnancy period also.
Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2006 8:08:00 AM More reviews by mikmik90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

firstly, i think its important to buy good quality sweet almond oil (and cold pressed). It is great for everything really. as a body moisturiser, for the hair, for removing makeup (although a cleanser afterwards may be required for those who are blemish prone) and a moisturiser. i use this on my cheeks where i am dry, although i wouldn't use it on my t-zone (i think this would break me out). Again, a nice natural, relatively unprocessed (compared to other skincare) product that has many uses. UPDATE:::::: used this on my cheeks when i had an allergic reaction and it cleared it up! (i'd tried everything from vaseline to cetaphil, and nothing had worked) love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2006 5:35:00 PM More reviews by divini

One of my favourite oils for cleansing (incl.eye makeup removing) and general moisturising, together with coconut oil. Sweet almond oil seems better for removing makeup, but my face likes it, too. I read somewhere on here that it was comedogenic, I donīt find it is the case with me. I have acne-prone skin with large pores, although my concern is clogging and cysts, more than pustules. No problem with this oil, on the contrary. Since I started using oils, my skin is definitely better, if only that oils remove all residual makeup, which I find was not the case with creamy clensers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2006 6:24:00 PM More reviews by MellyHelly

I love it!
I use plain cold-pressed almond oil for nearly everything!
On my long dry hair I put a spoon of oil, massage on the lenghts and especially on crisp ends. I keep it at least 1/2 hour and then wash away with a very mild shampoo. I put a tiny amount of conditioner on the ends.
It works very well when mixed with washable conditioner.
In summer I use coconut oil in the same way.
Soft, healthy dark hair!
I use almond oil on a damp cotton pad to remove both eye and face makeup, then rinse well. It leaves a smooth natural film that locks moisture inside. This make it perfect as a night moisturizer during winter and my skin is not dry!
I also massage almond oil on wet skin soon after bath and pat dry.
It's very good for nourishing weak nails.
It has a very subtle aroma, but I am not sure that's completely odourless after a few hours on the skin... You should try once and make others smell you very closely - haha!
I think it's a great and much healthier alternative to petrolates/paraffinum liquidum Baby Oil.
All the thumbs I have up for pure almond oil!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2005 4:34:00 AM More reviews by nchinoy

I was in the beauty dept. of a department store, looking around for my next worthwhile skincare purchase. Every analyst told me the same thing: I have zits because my skin is dry. This sounded more than puzzling to me, but they explained that because my skin lacked moisture and water, it was substituting this with oil and sebum contributing to pimples. So I bought a small bottle of Almond oil a few days ago and decided to use it on my face. I wasnt sure about wether i should use it as a cleanser or moisturizer. I have combination skin with bad flakies on the cheeks and zits on my chin and oily patches on the t-zone. I took a drop of oil for each cheek, a drop for the chin and another for the forehead and massaged them into my skin. It did not feel greasy at all, felt smooth and hydrating - i also reccomend using this on the neck to deeply moisturize and slow the signs of ageing. I waited about 2 mins and washed it off (i was worried about the oil contributing to more zits) and i used liquid soap to wash it off. The result - smooth, clean skin. Ive been using it for 3 days - just in the mornings - and yesterday i left it on for 5 mins instead of 2. The most surprising thing happened: i had a zit on my chin - cycstic acne - i could feel the round thing under the skin and it was pretty big 3 days ago - it looked like it was about to begin turning yellow and big. Today, its almost gone. I didnt have to suffer through the horrendous yellow pussy phase and now its shrivelling up. Im going to keep using it, and i suggest that ppl give it a try - it cost me a dollar for a small bottle. If u dont like it for ure face u can use it on ure hair or in baking too!

19 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2005 5:00:00 PM More reviews by maggierose4

This should be a staple bath and body product in every home. Sweet almond oil is a versatile item. You can use it as a massage oil, plain or add a few drops of essential oil. Put some in your bath water to soften your skin as you soak. Mix it with sugar, salt, ground oats or coffee &/or fragrance to make home-made body scrubs. Use it in your hair as a deep moisturizer. It has little or no scent of it's own so it's perfect for mixing with scented items. It's skin friendly too so shouldn't cause irritation and is non-greasy. I buy mine in a health food store but can be found in many pharmacies also.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2005 4:03:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Yes, but another grocery store beauty item. Sweet almond oil is another great moisturizer! It smells delightful, is a bit heavier than olive oil but not too heavy, simple, easy to get and easy to use. I use it on my face, hands and body after a shower, and have used it a bit in my hair too. I'm currently using International Collection Sweet Almond Oil, 8.45 fl oz. This is a good one for winter! Nice on lips, too--YUM. Almond lovers may like this! Fairly inexpensive, I think my bottle was $5 something. It has lasted a while!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No