Annick Goutal Petite Cherie

3.4

on 5/9/2004 12:33:00 AM

Le peche du mode! A burst of peach is promising, as is a sudden puff of soft powder. Almost immediately after this pleasing aromatic blast, Petite Cherie evokes the image of an aroused young woman relishing a romance novel, stretched out on a cotton blanket in a freshly-mown field of grass on a sunny day, while eating a luscious, rosy peach. The fragrance of nearby flowers wafts gently over her on a warm breeze. The charm of the peach, the grass, the smell of sexual stirrings, all add up to something kind of wonderful and hopeful. But, alas, it quickly fades and flattens to something like peachjuice and wheatgrass in the blender together, then it begins to smell a little like one of those perfumed dolls my sister owned when she was a child (the doll was a "Little Kiddle"). Fortunately this drydown disappointment fades rather rapidly; but, unfortunately, nothing much remains afterwards. A vague suggestion of a shadow of a floral scent and, even then, my nose has to hunt for it in some lone thread of my shirtsleeve. If only all that beginning part lasted longer, this EDT would really be uplifting and inspiring. Instead, it only serves to remind me that my youth has faded all too quickly as well! Allow me to steer all the other 40+ women away from this one!

This is such a beautiful unique fragrance. It kinda smells like pear and peaches on my skin. My only problem with this fragrance is that it doesn't last very long. If I could splurge on fragrances like these all the time, I would keep buying it.

on 3/30/2004 3:29:00 PM

I was really hoping I had the right chemistry for this one, but it was horrible! Harsh, stemmy grass, peach potpourri, & cat pee. Made me feel dizzy and sick, and I'm not allergic to grass.

on 3/23/2004 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a staple of mine for the last five years. The peachy-pear thing should be cloying, but it's not! It kind of reminds me of fresh-cut grass. I love it!

on 3/20/2004 9:08:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is one of my favorite fragrances. On me, the scent is lightly fruity, sparkly, and sweet. I think that Annick Goutal fragrances really vary from person to person so you have to try them on yourself to know what they smell like for you. Petite Cherie stays forever on my skin, which is rare for me.

on 3/16/2004 9:34:00 PM

I love the pear in this fragrance! It is soooo fresh, but not cloyingly sweet like so many other fruity scents. I'm not that great with discerning notes, but it seems to have a clean, musky dry down that I like, too. Unfortunately, it doesn't last on me, so it needs constant refreshing. I consider this a summer scent...really good for hot weather...so refreshing often isn't necessarily a minus in this case, but I do wish it lasted longer...

on 3/15/2004 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I like many other reviewers wanted to like this fragrance especially when it is so expensive but it smelt like something had crawled on me & died. Just horrible. I don't seem to have much luck with Annick Goutal fragrances perhaps it is just a chemistry issue

on 3/12/2004 9:24:00 AM

A Bellini in a bottle -- light, sparkly and flirtatious with more than a hint of peach. But like a Bellini, this probably is best reserved for special occasions. It could grow too cloying and sweet if worn every day.

on 1/28/2004 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This was a creamy, fruity fragrance. The rose and peach were quite apparent to me and not to my liking. This scent gags me, literally. I think it must be the peach note.

on 1/27/2004 1:46:00 AM

I've recieved many compliments after I bought this. I love Annick Goutal fragrances and this is very nice, sweet and on me, its mainly peach. But its a complicated peach and has become yet another love of mine. Although my absolute favorite is Eau de Charlotte.

Popular Fragrances